Her Awakening

By Jadahx_

Sequel to His dream, My nightmare More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
‼️Updated Character List‼️
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXX pt. 2
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XL pt. 2
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII
LXXIII
LXXIV
LXXV
LXXVI
LXXVII
Epilogue
New book🕺🏾
Bonus Chapter
Book 3

LII

2.2K 93 206
By Jadahx_

August 1st
Omniscient

"I genuinely don't understand how Renae and all of the other girls girls you were with around that time weren't going crazy when you went to jail, and that was what? 5 years?" Cassia shook her head, gripping his hand a little tighter as they walked along the gorgeous pathway.

"Cause those bitches ain't give a fuck bout me forreal, they main concern was what I could do for them. And I was keeping the checks rolling from the cell, so they wasn't bothered." He waved off, shoving his free hand into his pocket.

"I don't understand how but...I guess that's just them. But was jail okay? Like I know it must've been terrible but, were there any highlights." Nibbling on his bottom lip, Cepheus glanced down at her, never stopping their walking as he contemplated on revealing the fact he found out she had a brother. Clearing his throat, he swallowed down hard at the bright smile on her face.

"It was straight, same as usual, but I met somebody..." Hesitantly looking up at him, Cassia slowly nodded her head for him to keep going. "No it wasn't no female cause I can see the lil look in your eyes, calm down." He chuckled, knowing how she always manages to overthink and jump to conclusions without actual evidence.

"Well I'm sorry, whenever a person claims they met somebody, it's 9 times out of 10 someone who has peaked their interest. But who did you meet?" She smiled up at him, allowing him to wrap his arm around her neck to pull her body more into his own.

"On the day before the last one I was in there, there was a dude named Isaac who was a new inmate. When I seen him, he looked like somebody I knew but I ain't know who exactly. So we get to talking and shit, he letting me know he in there for a murder he ain't commit and how his mom and pops died, it don't really matter. But long story short, he letting me know he got 3 sisters and 5 brothers but he ain't meet one of his sisters, who happens to be the only other kid his parents had together. His parents happening to be Clyde and Lydia Taylor." Instantly stopping in her tracks, Cassia glanced towards the ground before hesitantly looking up at him.

"W- what do you mean...? My parents?" Nodding his head, Cepheus turned to face her straight on. He could see the unreadable expression in her face, her thoughts and emotions not clicking or aligning with one another.

"Mhmm, and if he got 7 other siblings then that means you do too. I didn't want to bring you out here to say this and possibly ruin your night or something, but I didn't feel right keeping it from you when I know you really do want to know more about your family. Considering motherfuckers been lying to you all these years." Taking a deep breath, Cassia moved her hair from out of her face while shifting her eyes everywhere.

"I mean I would want to meet them but...I tried to meet my mom and we see how that turned out." She sighed, frustration being the main thing she felt when it came to all of this. Not understanding why any of this was necessary from the beginning, when her parents could've just stepped up to be there for her from the day she was born.

"Considering they ain't reach out to you first, I'm not gon tell you what you should do, but if you do want to meet them then it'll probably be good for you. I can call Jamie, have you meet up with the Isaac kid first cause y'all the only ones with the same 2 parents. Then gradually make your way to the other ones if you want to." Staring up at him with a small smile on her face, Cassia reached up to pull his head closer to hers. Giving him a soft kiss on his lips to show how thankful she was for him.

"You don't even have to do this, but thank you so much." She whispered against his lips, before he pressed his lips onto her own again. "But can we change the subject or something, because I don't even want to think of those people right now." She shook her head, referring to her parents specifically.

Nodding his head, Cepheus wrapped his arm around her again to keep on walking in the direction they were going.

"I don't know if you remember what today is..." Cepheus trailed off, staring straight ahead towards the end of the pathway which they were nearing. "But if you don't, it's the day I asked you to be my girlfriend for the first time like 8 years ago."

Smiling up at him, Cassia's cheeks tinted red at the memory. "It feels like yesterday...I didn't realize we've known each other this long." She mumbled the last part, staring down at their steps aligning with one another.

A warm feeling came over her at the mention of the significant time, so much happening since then. Many high moments and just as many, if not more, low moments between them. But nonetheless, they still somehow managed to make their way back to one another. She had no idea how, and it shocked her every single time she was back up under him and in his embrace, but she would be lying if she said she wasn't happy she allowed herself to put down her guard and let him back in.

"Really been a long ass time...this the longest we've lasted being together and happy though, almost a full year. Cause you know us- not even us, you love breaking up with a nigga every other day." Rolling her eyes, Cassia pulled his arm from around her to cross her own.

"And whose fault is that, mine or yours?" She tilted her head, with fake confusion spread across her face. Clenching his jaw, he pushed her making her stumble a little bit, an audible gasp leaving her lips as he laughed.

"I wish that push would've knocked your ass over...but it has been my fault, and I'll admit to that. But I'm thankful you've given me the opportunity to show and prove to you that I really do love you beyond words. And that's not even as a girlfriend, but also you as an individual and as a mother." Nodding her head, Cassia fixed her dress a little bit while clutching her little purse.

"And I'm thankful that you never gave up on what we had, because if I was in your position lord knows I would've lost motivation. I mean although a lot of the times I've called it quits with you, it's been justified...there's also been times where I was being extra or dramatic. But all that matters is we're back now." She smiled, Cepheus mirroring her face under his dark shades. "Why are you always wearing those...?" She pointed.

Adjusting the shades over his eyes, Cepheus looked down at her as though she'd lost her mind once she tried to pull them off. "Cause, the hell you need to see my eyes for...?"

"Because they're pretty...duh. And Malibu is the first time I learned you had the color changing eyes, I was so scared the first time I seen it." She mumbled the last part, remembering the many thoughts that were running through her head the night she seen it for the first time.

"Yeah, I seen that shit for the first time in action with Christian when he was like 3 months. I almost knocked that lil nigga out, I wasn't fucking with that shit." He shook his head, before straightening out his face to get back on track. "But that's not why I brought you here..." He trailed off, eyeing her once while reaching down to grab her hand in his own.

"You okay?" Nodding his head, he cleared his throat while continuing on walking

"I'm good, but I just want to say thank you...thank you for everything. I know for a fact that you really do not know the impact you've held on my life for the last years, the happiest I've ever been was always with you, always. It's crazy how you can meet a person under such weird circumstances, and just like that you have a whole life with that person. I never would have thought we would have progressed past the constant flirting in the hospital and all that shit. I mean I wanted to, and as you know now it wasn't for the most pure reasons, but that didn't mean much of anything to me. But you were so damn different, so fragile, so innocent- you cared. And that was something that I wasn't used to at all." He shook his head, fixing his shades a little more.

"Don't make me cry now." She spoke in all seriousness, refusing to look up at him because she could only imagine the look on his face.

"I ain't trying to make you cry, but you really have became my best friend through everything. I got bad trust issues and you know this, especially relationship wise. I didn't open up about shit to anybody, was even scared to open up to you bout what I go through. But you always been so patient and understanding to the point that, I was more than willing to do those therapy sessions and shit and let go of a lot that I had held in and pent up. It wasn't easy, and I know it wasn't easy for you, but it only drew me a lot closer to you and wanting to be with you." He took a deep breath, staring ahead while Cassia was trying her best to control her emotions.

"Cepheus-."

"Hold on, lemme just finish up. Because even just recently you proved to me how much you care a lot. You risked your life and your freedom multiple times just to save my ass when you really ain't have to. I know they was bribing you in the interrogation room and all that shit, and most women really do switch up and just rat a motherfucker out. I seen it way too many times because in the end it really would have benefited your case, but in terms of that you've never switched up on me. And I feel like in that cell everything came full circle. Realization on how much I love you and deadass can't survive without you. Shit I never could've assumed would happen on the first day you stepped into that room and we met formally...." He paused, taking another deep breath before continuing on speaking.

"And now we're here, on the 8th year anniversary of when I asked you to be my girlfriend, and I think it's the perfect time to do something I been waiting to do since that moment." Cepheus stopped their walking, his hand gripping hers a little tighter. Turning towards him in confusion, Cassia widened her eyes as she watched him get down on one knee, her heart rate speeding up in her chest that visibly rose and fell at an unstable pace.

"Cepheus...Cepheus don't fucking play with me right now because I will ruin my makeup. Get up and stop the games." She spoke sternly, but he only stared up at her with his bottom lip pulled into his mouth, his eyes showing nothing but love and sincerity. Reaching into the inside of his coat pocket, he pulled out a small velvet box, Cassia's eyes instantly welling up with tears once he flipped the top open to reveal the huge Diamond ring.

"All corny shit aside, you forreal the best thing that's ever happened in my life. I didn't do relationships, not ones where I was committed and real feelings was being exchanged until I met you. You've opened my eyes up to so much shit, taught me a lot, helped me a lot, and you never not once gave up on me when I've given you so many reasons to. There's not a lot of women like you in this world, and I'm beyond thankful that I got the opportunity to experience what it means to have a better half which is you. When we formally met in the hospital, I didn't expect to be meeting the mother to 3 of my children, the woman who was going to make me fall deep in love for the first time, the woman who would change me for the better...but I did. And I know I've put you through the deepest pits of hell and back, but you never gave up on me, ever, and people like you are rare to find in this world. I know what I want with you, and I know we ain't been back together for that much time, but it don't make sense waiting when we both know what we want. So Cassia Tanya Taylor...will you marry me?" By now her tears were flowing down her face like a river.

"I- y- yes, yes I'll marry you!" She cried out, a wide smile instantly spreading across Cepheus' face as he slid the promise ring off of her finger to replace it with the large, Diamond engagement ring.

"Calm your damn hands so I can get this ring on." He gripped her shaking hand tightly while Cassia was a mess above him. Grabbing her other hand, he slid the promise ring onto the finger next to her pinky before standing to his feet. Instantly, Cassia reached up to grab his face in a slow, passionate kiss. Her tears never seizing, and words still not being able to leave past her lips.

"The ring it- it's so pretty and...Cepheus pinch me, this isn't real life." She fanned herself, her hand still trembling with her heart nearly pounding out of her chest.

"If I pinch you you gon hit me, then Imma be forced to drop kick you cause your ass love being violent." Nudging his shoulder, Cassia wiped at her face again, the tears never stopping with the more she stared at the ring. She was in shock, not knowing what to say or do.

She expected the day to come sometime, but to say she thought it would come now, she would be lying. They were in an amazing spot in their relationship, and beyond happy. An engagement being the icing on top of everything.

"When did you even have time to do this and- and get this ring..." She struggled to speak, Cepheus picking her up bridal style because she looked like her knees would give out at any second. Giving her a small peck, he started on his way in the direction of the house while humming a little bit.

"Well, I originally bought you a ring to do it on Valentine's Day, but I felt like it was too soon cause we was only back for like a month by then. So I ended up getting rid of that, and I bought you this ring as soon as I got released. But I been knew which one I wanted to get you, so everything was set and good for me to get it once I got out." Shaking her head, Cassia laid her head on his chest, her eyes never leaving the sparkling diamonds.

"It's so gorgeous, you're such an amazing man...I love you so much." Cassia sighed, allowing him to place her on her feet once they finally approached the house. Leaning down, he gave her a small kiss on her cheek before opening the door.

"Out of all the niggas I'm cool with, I'm the first one to become a fucking fiancé. You know how much that proves you got my damn head gone?!" Blinking rapidly, Cassia could only shake her head before raising a finger and rushing off towards their room. She struggled to go to her FaceTime and press on her best friend's contact name, just as she went to lock herself into the large walk in closet they had.

"Jamila bitch...Jamila where the fuck is Mariah?!" Cassia yelled into the phone while pacing back and forth, her dress still on because her brain was barely functioning properly.

"She's right here, what's wrong are you okay- where's Cepheus?" Shaking her head, Cassia looked towards the ceiling to try and take a couple deep breaths to speak but she couldn't. Choosing to just place her left hand into the camera, she watched as they both squinted their eyes until seeing the large ring on her finger. Both knowing that the ring that used to be there, and the one that was there now were completely different.

"Bitch no way..." Mariah gasped, Jamila only sitting with her mouth dropped open.

"Bitch are you getting fucking married?!" Jamila screamed excitedly.

"Bitch I'm getting married! He- he got on his knee and then he asked me and I- I didn't think he was serious but he- Jesus Christ I'm shaking, fuck! I literally have to let him get me pregnant tonight or something I- why would he do this to me. Guys help me please, I'm a damn wreck I wasn't expecting this, not so soon, I'm going to faint." Cassia stressed, attempting to prop the phone up but she repeatedly failed due to how unsteady her hands were.

"Well you want to marry him right-."

"Yes of course! That's not what I mean when I said I wasn't expecting this so soon, I'm more than ready to marry him but- bitch we're engaged! Like Cepheus and I...Cepheus and Cassia are fucking engaged! I'm about to be planning my wedding to marry Cepheus, I'm about to be Cassia Emerson. He's about to be my husband- Cepheus Emerson is about to be my fucking husband..." She whispered the last part, staring at her phone with widened eyes.

"Awww my baby is about to be a wife forreal this time- we're considering this your first time because it's the only one that counts. You're a mother and a fiancé, don't make me sob." Jamila fanned her eyes, beyond proud to see her best friend get to this stage in her life, especially with somebody who she loved dearly and everyone knew he loved her the same way.

"Can you imagine he's about to be walking around referring to his wife while out in public. And the wife is you, Imma sob too because I'm happy for you guys."

"Yes but-."

"Cassia hurry up, niggas just got down on one knee and can't even get some celebratory fucking?!" Snapping her neck up, Cassia immediately grabbed the phone to bring close to her.

"Okay I got to go, byeeee." She waved with a bright smile before hanging the phone up. Swallowing down hard, she blew a breath out and gave herself a small pep talk while leaving out of the closet to walk back into the large master bedroom. Seeing Cepheus sitting on the bed shirtless, she turned to make her way directly over towards him, a warm look on her face once he pulled her down onto his lap to sit sideways.

"I don't think foreplay is necessary tonight." He mumbled into the crook of her neck, Cassia holding the back of his head while sinking her teeth into her bottom lip to hide her moan. Focusing on her breathing, she tilted her head to allow him more access just as his grip around her waist tightened, their bodies flipping so that he hovered over her, his mouth never leaving from gently sucking at her spot.

"I don't think so either." She moaned, feeling her core leaking out from his slight affection. Raising up, Cepheus eyed her with his eyelids hooded, just staring deeply into her eyes without saying anything.

"Take this off" He pulled at her dress gently, his body backing up to allow her a little bit of space. Nodding her head, Cassia sat up slightly to do as told. She reached down, attempting to get her shoes first, but he quickly stopped her by a grip on her wrist. "Leave those on..." He mumbled, swiping his lips with his tongue with his eyes never leaving her own.

Confusion spread across her face, but she only nodded her head without as much as a protest. Grasping the bottom of the dress, she slowly pulled it off to expose her bare body under it. Her lack of undergarments being a request from Cepheus, and she didn't complain about it at all since she knew the night would end like this either way. The engagement only being more of a reason for their bodies to come together in such an intimate way.

Scanning her body with his eyes, Cepheus grasped the backs of her thighs with his hands to push her legs up, the fronts of her thighs pressing into her chest. She watched him in anticipation, seeing the way he stared down at her bare, glistening center. Catching her by surprise, Cepheus leaned down to swipe his tongue against her folds, Cassia's body jerking a little bit at the sudden motion.

"I thought-."

"I changed my mind." He mumbled, before planting his head directly between her legs, Cassia throwing her head back at the feeling of his warm tongue swirling around her second set of lips. Her lips parted slightly, her hands gripped at the sheets tightly, her eyes rolled to the back of her head from the oral love he presented to her. His tongue showing attention directly to her pearl where he transitioned from rapid flicks to gentle sucking at her.

"Fuck, fuck- oh God." She moaned, her back arching off of the bed with her heel clad feet dangling over his shoulders. The grip he held on her was lethal, not giving her any opportunity to run which was proven by her failed attempts. The feelings he allowed to shoot up her spine mixed with the sound of his feverish sucking drew her to her brink, having been so long since she had gotten any of that from him.

Although he knew she was struggling to take it, Cepheus wanted to bring her any amount of pleasure that he knew he could. His tongue slithering it's way past her leaking entrance to penetrate her. A small shriek flew past Cassia's lips, her right hand reaching down to attempt to push his head away, but he refused to move. His tongue constantly hitting up into her G-spot while ignoring the clench of her walls around him. He knew she was coming close, the sounds from her mouth stopping with the only reactions she gave him being from her body language alone.

"I-" She cut herself off, her breath getting hitched in her throat once he swiftly pulled his tongue out of her to replace with the feeling of his hardened member filling her up at a painfully slow pace. Cassia gasped, her hands flying to his back to dig her nails into his flesh, his body leaning down so his mouth could kiss at her neck again.

"I love you so much." He mumbled, their bodies pressed together with Cepheus buried inside of her deeply. Cassia wanted to respond with the same affection, but she couldn't once he began to thrust into her slowly, deeply, and passionately. His movements were sincere, clearly trying to get a message across through the speed he ground his hips into her.

"I- I love you too." She spoke through a moan, her head finally turning to stare into his eyes before he leaned down to press his lips back onto her own. Going all night and then some, all around the house and ending up tangled up in each other on the couches next to the pool. Just like their first time.

~•~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.9K 2.8K 26
Sequel to Found A Way. Family, love, friends, betrayal... ⚠️CONTAINS EXPLICIT AND GRAPHIC CONTENT⚠️
31.3K 655 19
Paul's Star Sequel
141K 7.4K 42
Sequel to "Blame On Me"
75.4K 3.8K 34
Continuation of Kiana and Draco lives.