short horror stories

By strawberryNlemons

short horror stories for a gloomy day. (there might be few long stories as well) **These stories don't belong... More

The Vanishing Hitch-Hiker
The Thirteenth Floor
THE FLYING DUTCHMAN
the firefly fairy
Nightcrawlers by ROBERT MCCAMMON
Hands
455A Sackett Street
Hotel Monte Vista in Flagstaff, Arizona
The Crying Lady in The Dakota | New York, New York
The Landlady by Roald Dahl
Clap Once For Yes
They got the definition wrong
Who Is in the Bedroom?
glashus
sunbleached
sunbleached part 2
the demon's room

The house in the corner

2 1 0
By strawberryNlemons

My sister and I went to walk our little dog around the block. There are 6 houses on our side of the street, ours being the second one from the corner of Maclay and Gladstone. We exited our home and as we walked up the driveway (there is an incline out our front door to the sidewalk), I turned to my right and saw clear across the front yards of the 3 closest neighbors, clear to the last house on the corner.

I could see that somebody was watering the front yard of the house on the corner of Gladstone and Macneil. I could see that it was a woman watering her yard, she was wearing what appeared to be a robe. It was an older woman. She had completely gray hair, a little on the poofy side, you know, I could kind of see "through" it. Anyway, I could see her holding the water hose and I could see the stream of water coming from it, out to the sidewalk.

I told my sister, "The sidewalk is going to be wet." My sister later told me she thought, "Wet?"

There are approximately 60 - 70 steps to the corner house, not much, and as we approached that very area, nothing! No wet sidewalk, no water hose, nobody watering the lawn. I was dumbfounded.

I told my sister, "Hey! I just saw somebody watering this front lawn! That's why I told you the sidewalk would be wet!" My sister didn't see anything and most certainly didn't believe me. She had just wondered why I had said that the sidewalk would be wet. I never saw it again.

I've seen the woman who lived in that house (still does, to the best of my knowledge). I've seen her several times, in fact, wearing a house coat or robe. I know I had seen what I had seen, and yet...? What was that about?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174 0 6
These are the Creepypasta origins for people to enjoy. I DO NOT own any of these stories. I'm just putting them out for people to enjoy.
93.6K 2.2K 32
Not for kids! If you are easily scared I don't recommend you read these. I didn't write these I just got them off of the internet. Enjoy!
3.1K 157 46
Check out pt.2 it's better, I swear. **Absolutely none of these stories are mine. If any of these are your works and you wish for them to be taken do...
1.6K 78 34
There will be short (and I mean short) chapters, and if you want to message me for something that happened to you that was frightening, you can. I'm...