𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗼𝘀 ⸻ 𝘁�...

Από -ancunins

[ currently on hiatus ! ] in which the daughter of a fallen knight is resurrected to become a pawn for the el... Περισσότερα

ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴏꜱ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴏᴛɪᴄ
⸻ɢʟɪᴍᴍᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ɢᴏʟᴅ⸻
ᴄʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇʟᴅʀɪᴛᴄʜ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ
ʜᴀʀʙɪɴɢᴇʀ
ᴀʀᴄᴀɴᴇ ɪɴꜱɪɢʜᴛ
ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀɪɴꜰᴜʟ
ɪɴ ʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅꜱ
ᴏʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪꜱᴇʀʏ
ɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴍᴏʀᴇ , ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ
ɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴍᴏʀᴇ , ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ

ᴍᴇʟᴀɴᴄʜᴏʟɪᴄ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ

404 20 88
Από -ancunins

❝𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐨𝐟 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐫, 𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐬. 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐞.❞

❝𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫.❞

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

       THOUGH IT WAS the middle of summer, Eris felt as if a winter storm began to brew from within her new tomb.

       A chill went down her spine and she shuddered as she picked her head up. Strands of her hair covered her eyes as she attempted to see who was trying to enter her tomb. Her arms were still aching as the chains around her wrists extended her arms towards the higher end of the cavern, but she had learned to ignore the pain. She couldn't even recall how much time had passed ever since Morgana moved her tomb from below the Camelot castle to wherever she was now. Once Morgana found out that Eris had killed Victoria and taken three of Lina's rings, the woman was beyond infuriated.

       The prisoner threw her head back, her hair now clearing her gaze. She felt the ground below her tremble and she saw light beginning to emerge from the hallway leading to where she stood. A breeze blew through the open area with little snowflakes beginning to fall from the ceiling. To her left, she saw a small tornado made of the winter wind manifest until a floating being hovered above the ground, a chilling grin now forming on their face as they held their staff.

       Lava began to fall from the ceiling of the hallway, instantly telling the prisoner who was entering. The familiar shoulder plates with yellow eyes glanced at her as the swaying cloak of black feathers grew closer. There was a distinct burning smell beginning to encompass around the tomb, the torches lining the higher ends of the walls catching fire.

       A soft hum soon started as sparks of green swirled around until a small figure with green skin and antlers crouched on the stone ground. Gold leaves decorated around the figure's body, their eyes glinting with curiosity as she stared at the prisoner.

       The Arcane Order finally paid a visit to their champion.

       "Hm...it's still alive." Skrael observed, floating over to get a closer look at the prisoner as Eris bit the inside of her cheek. It had been months since the Order visited her tomb, making her wonder why they were here now.

       "Your enchantments kept me alive," Eris answered. "You're here to free me, aren't you?"

       Bellroc chuckled, as if they had other plans for the prisoner. "In a sense, if that is what you choose to believe."

       The mere voice was enough to send more chills down her spine. "What?"

       "Consider this...a test of your loyalty," Skrael spoke, touching one of the chains and allowing small shards of ice to form until a few of the icicles scratched against her skin. Her heart skipped a beat when she heard the chains holding her arms out detach from the walls. When she glanced to the side, she saw blades tipped at the ends of the chains wrapped around her wrists. "We have a task for you."

       The words managed to peak her interest as she straightened up, rolling her shoulders backwards and hearing a few satisfying cracks and pops coming from her joints. She tried to hide a small smirk threatening to form on her lips, but she couldn't deny her growing excitement. She wanted to cause chaos and wreak havoc. This was the moment she was waiting for.

       She saw Nari's fingers emitting green sparks of magic as a blade hovered between her hands. The forest spirit hummed as her magic continued, the metal slowly changing from silver to gold. Eris' head tilted to the side in intrigue, the weapon almost hypnotising her.

       "I'm listening."

       The flames dancing in the torches above grew after she spoke, and she only assumed Bellroc was pleased with her answer. She saw Nari hand the blade over to Skrael for them to examine, their grin widening slightly. There was a distinct scent coming from the weapon, as if it was coated with burning flesh. The thought almost caused the prisoner to grimace, but she fought against it.

       Bellroc raised their left arm, the beaded bracelet around their wrist falling to the gauze wrapped around their forearm. Even though their face was hidden behind their skull helmet, the prisoner could tell that the demigod was smirking. The Keeper of the Flame was joined by Skrael and Nari at their side, the other two demigods replicating the raised arm. They began to chant together as streaks of red, white, and green began to circle around Eris. With one bright flash, her black tunic and slacks were replaced with black armor glowing with golden runes traced throughout. A hood was settled on her head, along with a metal mask pressed against her nose and mouth. She kneeled before the Arcane Order as they all drew their arms back.

       "Find Morgana's apprentice. She disappeared after escaping the cell Merlin imprisoned her in," Skrael said, passing the blade from earlier to Bellroc. The task sounded easy enough so far—all she had to do was find the apprentice. Tracking someone down didn't sound so hard.

       Bellroc allowed the blade to slit their finger, lava beginning to drip from the skin and onto the weapon. After a few moments, the weapon floated over to Eris for her to take. She grabbed it, her hand resting perfectly around the handle. When she realized what the Order wanted her to do, her heart almost stopped.

       She couldn't. She couldn't kill the Eldritch Queen's apprentice. She didn't want to and almost found herself begging for a different task, but she knew that the Order would force her to carry out the mission. She didn't want to go through their wicked punishments again.

       "And dispose of her with this blade. You will be rewarded for your proven loyalty." Bellroc's voice shifted between the two tones Eris grew to fear.

       "But why the apprentice?" She spoke up, and instantly regretted it. She picked herself up and almost shrunk back in fear when the ground beneath her trembled. She knew she shouldn't have tried to defy their orders.

       Skrael disappeared and reappeared behind Eris with a gust of wind. "Is this...fear coming from our champion?"

       The girl quickly shook her head, her heart racing. She was terrified. She was just ordered to take the life of an apprentice. Of course she would be scared. "No, I wish to know why the Eldritch Queen's apprentice has been chosen specifically."

       Nari was the only one to remain silent as her body hovered above the stone. Green light carved through the cracks and crevices in the ground, almost as if they were roots extending across the land. Her eyes were closed and her legs were crossed, meditating and focusing on something Eris couldn't figure out.

       "Morgana cannot afford anything to cloud her judgement when the reign of humanity ends. The balance between magic and mortals has been disrupted for far too long. To get rid of her apprentice is...a simple way to ensure she will emerge victorious." The Keeper of the Flame answered, their tone more harsh towards the prisoner. Eris was backed into a corner with only one way out. She had never felt so helpless before.

       The girl saw Nari's eyes flash yellow and she landed back down, her gaze focused on Bellroc. "I have located the apprentice. She is hiding in the shadows of the King's castle."

       Skrael floated over towards Nari, a chilling hum coming from them as Bellroc allowed the bottom of their staff to dig into the stone below.

       "You have your task. Prove your loyalty, Eris."

       The prisoner bit her lip before nodding. She held the dagger against her chest, releasing a shaky breath before falling backwards. Her body dissolved into smoke before she could hit the ground, allowing her to hunt down Alucia Valois.

       "Blinky, I don't think pulling a seven hour long education session will help me remember everything about your world. I'm barely a sophomore in high school." Eris yawned as she sat criss crossed on the ground of the Hero's Forge, almost falling asleep with a book in her lap. Her right elbow was pressed against her knee, propping her head up as she vaguely saw Blinky pacing back and forth in front of her. A different book was being held by his lower two arms, a thoughtful look on his face. Even though she practically knew most about the world of trolls and magic, she still had to keep up her clueless act. It was insulting.

       "I'm afraid that's false. In the era of King Arthur, education sessions lasted at least twenty hours for the younger trolls. It was effective, as you can see," The troll's upper two arms motioned at himself to prove his point. The girl arched an eyebrow.

       "Yeah, sure. The golden boy earned a walking dictionary as his mentor."

       An offended expression replaced the troll's dignified one, making the girl smirk in victory. It didn't take much to push Blinky's buttons. "I'll have you know that my years of education have helped keep me alive. Without my knowledge, Master Jim would have been dead by his second night as the Trollhunter."

       Eris closed the current book in her lap and grabbed another one on top of the giant stack next to her. She couldn't believe that Blinky was actually making her read all of this lore. She was practically the same age as him! Rolling her eyes, she opened the new book to a page talking about herself. She almost grinned when she saw her titles, such as the Harbinger of Chaos, Champion of the Shadows, and Lady Anarchy. Oh, those were amazing titles. She adored Lady Anarchy. It made her feel powerful and she loved it.

       "Hey, at least Jim didn't end up like Unkar. That is his name, right?"

       "The fact that you remember Unkar's fate and not the name of the first Trollhunter is very insulting."

       The girl heard Blinky sigh before she held up her book, the pages displaying a picture of herself in her black armor with her chains around her wrists. Even if she wasn't wearing her armor, she still adorned two silver bracelets to signify her services. She had tried almost everything to get rid of the bracelets, but nothing could destroy them. "She looks pretty terrifying. Who is she?"

       All six of the troll's eyes slightly widened at the sight of Eris holding the book up. He cleared his throat and crossed his upper arms over his body. "She is a rather formidable enemy. If I recall correctly, Master Jim fought her in the Arcadia Museum last week."

       The mention of the museum fight almost brought a smile to the girl's face. She remembered that fight and how she tried to kill Jim. Though, if it wasn't for Nomura's arrogance and Jim slamming his sword against Eris' face, he would have been dead earlier. She had to admit that she was almost thankful for Nomura's arrogance. Without it, she never would have accidentally stumbled upon Jim and Toby running out of the museum and helping her with the goblin attached to her leg.

       "Really? What's her story?" She asked. Blinky was about to answer her when Toby's voice echoed through the Forge. The smell of fresh food slowly filled the air, making the girl's stomach grumble. Ever since she became friends with Toby, she was introduced to some of the best food in Arcadia. She could tell the food came from the taco truck that was usually stationed in the small central park of Arcadia, seeing as they were some of the best in town.

       "Eris, you have to be some kinda superhuman because I have no idea how you're able to eat this without crying," Toby said to the girl once he arrived where she was sitting. The boy pulled out a wrapped breakfast burrito and handed it to her. She took off the tinfoil and ate it, watching her friend's jaw almost drop when she didn't have any kind of reaction to the spice level. Even she didn't know how good her spice tolerance was.

       She shrugged at the boy. "It's not that spicy."

       "It's the Diablo Maximus Breakfast Burrito! There's at least two Carolina Reapers in there!"

       "Your spice tolerance will get better, Toby."

       "I hope it does," Toby glumly said before he took out one of the tacos in the bag. "Jim said he saw a goblin kidnapping a baby on our way here, but I didn't see anything. I think he's finally gone-" The boy twirled his finger around his ear as if he was calling the Trollhunter crazy. Upon hearing his words, the girl almost choked on her food. If Jim really did see a goblin taking away a baby, that meant a changeling switch was about to be performed.

       She mentally scolded herself for worrying about Toby's report. She shouldn't have cared. She shouldn't be acting like this. She hated it. Upon hearing the news, she heard Blinky gasp and Jim screaming from below the Forge. Curious, she stood up and followed Toby to where AAARRRGGHH and Blinky stood, a rope now in the Krubera troll's hand as she peeked over the edge. Jim was climbing up, avoiding the gusts of fire shooting out from the stone.

       "Let me get this straight," Jim started, climbing up before the sound of gears shifting caused him to jump to the side as another gust of fire shot out. Eris only sat down next to Toby, enjoying her food as the Trollhunter continued on. A thought manifested in her mind—she could summon her blades and stab AAARRRGGHH right now, causing him to let go of Jim's rope. From there, the boy would be no more and her task would be completed.

       No, she couldn't. Not yet. She still needed time to plan her moves.

       "They steal babies so they can replace them with changelings?" Jim continued as he reached one of the ledges.

       "Eh, allegedly steal," Toby added. "I just saw a bird."

       "Why didn't you take a picture of the goblin as soon as you saw it?" Eris then asked, now halfway done with her burrito.

       "Those things move like crazy! I can't take my phone out that fast." The Trollhunter answered and she rolled her eyes.

       So he was able to pull out the amulet faster than his own phone? Tough luck, she thought to herself.

       "In order for a changeling to maintain its appearance in our world, no harm must come to the human child in theirs," Blinky said, though Eris was more focused on which baby the goblin stole. Strickler hadn't informed her of the new changeling agent, which only kept her in the dark. How was she supposed to do her job if she wasn't provided all of the information? Was this some kind of consequence for threatening to slice at his neck because she knew he wouldn't track down the rest of Morgana's rings? She didn't know, but the thought was enough to irritate her.

       She was the one to even inform Strickler about the changeling's death in the dentist's office. She felt like she deserved some kind of praise for her reports. All she received so far were scoldings.

       Blinky continued on, educating the Trollhunter and Toby about the changelings and their ways of exchange. The girl saw AAARRRGGHH snacking on an old VHS tape she assumed Toby brought on the way back to Trollmarket, which was simply enchanting. Out of all her centuries, she had never seen such a sight before. The more revealed to her, the better, but there was a sinking feeling in her stomach.

       The more revealed, the more trust she gained. She couldn't allow her sudden regrets to cloud her judgement. She would be rewarded greatly if she became Jim's undoing and she had to focus on that. She couldn't be distracted now.

       Hearing Jim beginning to scream again snapped her out of her thoughts, and she saw the rope slip from AAARRRGGHH's hand. Toby jumped after the rope without a second thought and the girl panicked. Toby's fearlessness in the moment could have gotten him and Jim killed if it weren't for AAARRRGGHH thankfully grabbing the shorter boy just in time. The two boys were pulled up as Jim remained in the air because of the rope around his waist.

       "I told you I'd fall!"

       "You fell because you knew you could. What if you're endangered and we aren't there? Next time, we'll climb sans the safety line." Blinky concluded, walking past Jim as Eris stood up. She crumpled the empty tin foil where her burrito once was as the six-eyed troll merely glanced over the edge of the Forge. "The only lesson learned here today is that, with this many changelings, Arcadia is far more dangerous than previously thought, for all of you. As Jim has Draal now to protect his home," The troll turned to Toby. "Tobias, you will now have AAARRRGGHH to protect yours."

       Toby looked more than excited when he heard Blinky's words. To be fair, Eris had noticed that the bond between the Krubera troll and the shorter boy was tight and unbreakable. She found herself longing for a bond like that before she quickly became disgusted.

       She couldn't afford bonds like that. She couldn't afford to have more people she cared about caught in the crossfire.

       When the troll and boy attempted to perform a high five, the rope holding Jim was released and he was sent plummeting down once more. Without a second thought, she dropped down from the edge, her left hand gripped against the stone and her right one holding onto the rope tightly. She could see Jim dangling like a spider, but he looked completely helpless. She allowed a small laugh to escape her lips.

       "If you keep ending up like this, I think your amulet could be passed on to someone else by dinner, golden boy!"

       "Very funny," Jim gave his own sarcastic laugh as he clung onto the rope. "Pull me up, would you?"

       The girl contemplated the request before glancing at Toby, a smirk on her face. "Toby, care to do the honors?"

       Toby copied the smirk on Eris' face and took his phone out to snap a few pictures of the dangling Trollhunter. This would be interesting blackmail material.

       "I can't believe you really took pictures of me dangling over the edge instead of pulling me back up," Jim sighed at his two friends, who were still on the subject. Eris shrugged as she held up her phone with the picture of the Trollhunter amidst the darkness.

       "It was an opportunity we couldn't let go." Toby answered as he secured his bike to the metal bike rack once they entered the school. Eris saw Jim drop some kind of stuffed bunny on the ground, to which the shortest boy scrunched his nose in disgust. "You're still carrying that germ-infested thing around?"

       "You could probably start a whole virus with that thing," Eris added, stepping away to avoid any contact with the disgusting stuffed toy. Apparently, the goblin kidnapping the baby left it behind when the two boys chased after it. Jim picked it up, a determined look on his face. The Harbinger tuned out the boy's response to her words, turning around and seeing Claire approach them. Her focus was more towards Jim and Eris fought the urge to roll her eyes. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw another student hurrying over to her. She recognized the student as Zero, one of the Art Club's members. He was a rather quiet person, not really interacting with other students unless he really wanted to. There were times where the girl would pass by Zero in the hallways as he did touch ups to the painted mural, but she often ignored him.

       "Sorry to bother you, but the costume department said they need you after school," Zero told her as she crossed her arms.

       "And why do they need me?"

       Zero rubbed the nape of his neck nervously. "They said something about making adjustments to your dress for the play."

       The girl resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Fine."

       Without another word, the art student left right as Mary Wang apologized to Claire about something regarding a babysitting session. Of course. Mary was asked out twice and she was swooning over her new plans, leaving Claire at a standstill. A tidbit of sympathy formed in Eris' chest when she heard about the Juliet actress' plans to see Papa Skull, whatever that was. Even if she wanted to, the prisoner couldn't volunteer to help. She had the dress refitting and another one of Blinky's many education sessions about trolls.

       Jim suddenly volunteered to babysit for Claire, proclaiming that he was called Jim the Baby-handed. Just that name alone was embarrassing enough. By the gods above, the Trollhunter was grabbing at any opportunity to help out his crush and expose his crush's little sibling as a changeling. She had to admit that his multitasking was somewhat admirable.

       The Harbinger of Chaos merely shared a knowing glance with Toby as they watched their friend walk away.

       "I hope you are paying attention. Learning about the Harbinger's history could be very vital if you were to ever cross paths with her," Blinky reminded the girl as she sat in the troll's library. In front of her laid a table littered with several other books and scrolls about the history of magic and the past Trollhunters. Amongst the scrolls and books was her own opened history textbook and algebra notebook, along with the girl's head resting on the table. She had barely finished the dress fitting for Romeo and Juliet and dashed over to Trollmarket. The only good part about going to Trollmarket alone was the fact that she could use her smoke form to get there faster.

       She should really invest in buying some kind of bike or vespa.

       "What exactly does the Harbinger of Chaos even do?" She asked the troll as she grabbed the half empty smoothie cup she brought into Trollmarket and sipped on it. Blinky took one of the opened books from the table and opened it to a page displaying the two chains tipped with blades. She almost tensed up upon seeing her weapons, but the troll didn't notice.

       His lower arms held the book as another thoughtful expression fixated on his face. "The Harbinger was essentially a servant of chaos, bound to follow the orders of those who freed her from her prison. Not much is known about how she even became a servant, but she was cursed to serve for all eternity."

       Upon hearing that last sentence, she felt the same sinking feeling in her stomach. Even hearing about her own history was a form of torture she didn't want to go through. She knew she was forced to serve whoever wanted her services, but she wasn't sure if she even enjoyed causing chaos anymore.

       No, these thoughts were getting out of hand. Why was she feeling a sense of regret now? She had lived through a millennium of pain and fighting, but there was always some kind of reward in the end. She couldn't allow anything to steer her off path. Morgana would return. She would fight by her Queen's side and the Arcane Order would be proud of her.

       After all, she knew the only two options in the end could be pride or death.

       "One of the Harbinger's most infamous actions involved the death of Alucia Valois, a witch with the speciality of reconstruction magic. She was the apprentice of Merlin's former student, Morgana Le Fay and a Master Witch known as Ingrid the Idealistic," The troll read out loud as the girl sat up. Her hands now rested on her lap, picking at the skin next to her nails as a way to get her mind off one of her worst actions. "Armed with the poison known as Odalia's Blight, the Harbinger killed Alucia Valois during the Battle of Killahead."

       Eris felt her heart pounding in her chest, but she tried not to focus on it. She had to keep her mind straight and she couldn't afford to start regretting all of her actions now. She was in too deep and there was no way out.

       "I actually knew Alucia Valois before the Battle of Killahead. She helped her mentor construct a full training area for Deya the Deliverer...though, her mentor was never the same after her death." Blinky continued, closing the book and setting it on the table. He began to clean up around the library, proceeding to take a few more books from the tall stack and shelving them away as Eris tried to continue her algebra homework. Though listening to the troll was practically torture, she hated to admit that she wanted to know what happened to Ingrid after Alucia's death.

       Once Lina was able to subdue Eris during their fight near the Heart of Avalon, she remembered seeing Merlin's apprentice holding Alucia's hand and hugging her as she cried. It was one of the rare times she ever saw Lina in so much pain. She remembered seeing Merlin's other apprentice, a boy she hadn't learned the name of, trying to comfort Mingxia's daughter, but even she could tell that the boy was struggling to stay strong.

       Ingrid had made her way over to Eris when she left her apprentice, but there was a hardened expression on the Master Witch's face. The Harbinger recalled how terrified she was when the Master Witch kneeled to her, grasping her chin through the restraints and her fingernails digging into her skin.

       "Your superiors have taken everything from me, child. I could disintegrate your body right now and feed the ashes to my familiar." Ingrid's tone was strict and angry as her grip only increased. Eris recalled how she almost cried out in pain because of the woman.

       The Harbinger knew she would be rewarded for her proven loyalty, seeing as she gave a grin. "What's stopping you?"

       She couldn't forget the feeling of her skin on fire once she said that to the woman. It felt like the rage of a thousand suns was forced on her, almost burning her alive when there was no evidence of angry flames at all.

       "The Spirit of the North Wind was the one to finally tempt my first apprentice into the dark arts. The Order's Champion caused my second apprentice to submit to her will. What's stopping the Arcane Order from forcing you to become some kind of wicked monster?" When Ingrid saw Eris' eyes slightly widen at her words, she only laughed dryly. "You are just another pawn, child. Tragic, isn't it?"  

       Eris was quickly snapped out of her thoughts when Blinky closed a book in front of her face, causing her to jump in surprise. There was an expression on the troll's face that she couldn't figure out, but she couldn't care less. She started packing up her things and stuffing them into her backpack so she could leave. She needed to get her mind off things and she already had the perfect way to do so.

       "Where exactly are you going?" Blinky asked the girl picking up her bag and empty smoothie cup. She cast a lazy stare at the troll once she reached the exit of the library.

       "Somewhere. I need to take care of something."

       She left without another word and passed through the stalls lining Trollmarket. At one point, a little gnome almost caused her to trip and fall, only irritating her more. She just wanted to leave and get her mind off things. She needed to find Zelenia and spar with her old friend.

       After leaving Trollmarket, she was left alone in the canals with only the street lamps on the bridge above as her sources of light. No matter. She wouldn't need light for long. She climbed out of the canals and found her way onto the beams beneath the bridge, stopping when she found a beam that suited her needs.

       She took off the silver bracelet on her right wrist and allowed it to change into one of her chain blades. She hoisted the blade into her hand before carving two triangles stacked on top of each other by the tips. She then carved an infinity sign within the two shapes before slamming her left hand over the designs. The emblems glowed orange and opened, allowing her to pass through the portal.

       Upon reaching the other side, she could see the looming building in the distance, unwelcoming and threatening. She could care less. She just needed to find her friend and spar. She walked through the winding road lined with dead trees and crows watching her every move. The closer she got to the towering gates, the more her heart began to race. Even after all these years, the Armstrong Manor still managed to scare her.

       When she stopped at the black gates guarding the Armstrong Manor, she saw a hooded figure appear on the other side, their familiar white hair peeking out from the black cloak. A smile tugged at the Harbinger's lips.

       "Zel, come on. Let me in."

       The figure took off their hood and the face of Zelenia Armstrong held a mischievous expression as she smiled. "Took you long enough to visit."

       "I was busy. I'm here now."

       The gates opened up and allowed the Harbinger to step inside. She walked side by side with the elf wearing a black cloak through the black brick road. Zel led the Champion of the Shadows through the garden until a white gazebo was visible. Odessa Armstrong was easily recognizable by her orange hair and heterochromia eyes as she sat on a chair. 

       Another figure sat in another chair next to Odessa, her aura enchanting as the Harbinger stared at her. The woman's turquoise eyes were striking, almost stunning the girl in place. Her skin was dark as her fingers curled around the handle of a chipped teacup. Eris noticed the rings decorating the slender woman's fingers, making her wonder where she got them. With her casual, yet simple and elegant appearance, she looked like a powerful woman.

       "To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit, phantom?" Odessa Armstrong asked, the black bell sleeve of her shirt falling to her elbow as she raised a hand to sip from her own teacup. An eyebrow was raised as she awaited Eris' answer. "It has been centuries since you visited my manor."

       "I need to borrow your training grounds...with Zel, if that's alright with you." The girl answered. A light chuckle escaped from the older woman's lips.

       "I trust that you and Zelenia will be careful with my manor. After all, millennia of infrastructure tend to...fracture."

       Eris only gave a small smile before turning towards the Armstrong Manor.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

298K 8.8K 90
She was the perfect child, second inline for the throne, until she wasn't. The burned ones aren't the only threat Alfea faces, irreversible damage c...
38.4K 1K 30
❝𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄?❞ ❝𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔! 𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓, 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒.❞ ━━━━...
Greek Kids Από ItsNotArri

Φαντασίας

65 1 9
This story is based off a royal high role play I did with some strangers, but we are really good friends now so I will not call them "strangers" its...
939 31 22
Life couldn't be better for me; I have a cool boyfriend, I'm getting better at magic, I have great friends, and we're rebuilding Camalot. Everything...