meant to be yours | d.w

By poetedeteste_

Rebecca's light bulb has been flickering on and off for precisely seventeen years. The constant rotation of c... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
Epilogue
Authors Note

7

1.2K 32 10
By poetedeteste_

"Dying is an art, like everything else. I do it exceptionally well. I do it so it feels like hell"

The white pure leather seats in Kristy's corvette were engulfed in the dark shadows. The only things that was clearly visible was the road in front of them, and Kristys clearly hardened face.

Her face was truly anything but pleasant in this moment. For her blonde hair was disheveled, looking completely all over the place as it blew in the wind. Sounds of cars honking could be heard in the distance, but it was a lot more faint at night. You see, the somewhat attempt of silence would be comforting if there wasn't an undeniable tension in the car.

"What am I gonna do with ya peach." Kristy murmured, keeping her eyes as blue as sapphires locked on the road in front of her.

She then made a sharp right turn a bit more aggressively.

"I really didn't want to worry you, honest." I defended. My eyes were stuck on her while she was doing quite the opposite.

All of a sudden, she pulled over onto the side of the road abruptly. She put me into a state of shock, unsure of what she was even doing. She then turned to me for the first time in minutes. I wasn't sure if I should be joyful and loosen up, or just put my guard up even more.

"I don't wanna sound like your mother, but you have to promise me you'll be more careful," My aunt stated firmly. "God knows what could've happened to you and a part of me doesn't even want to know how you got to that house."

"Of course," I began almost eagerly, ignoring the part about my mother. She only cared about what I did so that she could protect her reputation. "I'll do all the chores for a month, I'll take Will to daycare for as long as you need, I'll—"

"How did you get to that house." Kristy muttered.

I was taken aback by her sudden question, so confused that I didn't respond immediately.

"How did you get to that house." She repeated, her tone more firm and louder this time.

"I hitchhiked." I muttered, the lump in my throat only growing and growing.

Kristy put her face in the bare palms of her hands. I could feel my insides begin to churn, I despised that feeling of disappointment that people would give me. It makes me feel absolutely worthless, seeing that dreaded look on their faces.

I do whatever I can to avoid it.

"Rebecca..."

I knew it was over for me when she used my first name, she never does.

My aunt placed her hands back onto the steering wheel almost as if to steady herself.

"This is your last chance before I have to take more things away from you. I'm sorry, but you know I have to,"

I nodded, agreeing with every word she was saying.

"And to start, I have some requirements for you. You have to be on your best behavior or else they'll put you and Will in foster care."

Foster care. The one place I didn't want to be, I'd rather send Will to hell than that place. The horror stories I've heard about that system is bone chilling. It's fairly new, and they send kids off from home to home to avoid attachment issues. The chances of Will even being adopted are slim due to his mental illness, and I refuse to leave him alone and in the dark like that.

"What are the requirements?" I asked, nervous for my answer.

"First, I want you to get a job. I won't have you turning into a carbon copy of me, you deserve a better heads up than I did."

I have been told brief accounts about what Kristy was like as a teenager, but most of the time I got the same answer from my now late relatives: She was reckless.

My parents refused to tell me much, but I was able to figure out some answers. Every Friday night was party after party, but of course she had her parents wrapped around her finger. I think that's why my mother hates Kristy so much. She could get away with things my mom never could.

Once Kristy graduated she was helpless.

Her grades were a mess and her parents had caught onto her lies, and double life. One second she was surrounded by the folks at the country club, the next she was taking a swig from a bottle of strong, bitter whiskey. She was kicked out of the house at eighteen with nothing but the clothes on her back and a box of cigarettes.

I don't know how she managed it, but she got herself together and managed to be able to go to college. It wasn't the most prestigious school, due to how limited colleges were for women in. But the university of Oklahoma was enough for Kristy. And the rest is history.

She somehow managed to become a receptionist at a law firm in Tulsa—where she finally decided to settle down. She didn't settle down by choice though, I don't even know why she chose Tulsa. The only assumption I can make is that she had no choice.

"Second, I'm gonna have you pick up Will every day for however long it takes for you to shape up. I'm not playing around peach, you either get your act together or it gets worse. And then lastly, I want you to promise me one more thing."

I listened attentively, almost on the edge of my seat for what she was about to say next.

But I don't think anything could mentally prepare me for what she said next.

"Promise me one thing...don't fall in love with Dallas Winston."

I sat perched under a tree, quietly reading while the leaves in the tree bristled silently. The tree was close to being bright green, but it just didn't quite make it.

Fall was months away, but Rebecca wanted nothing more than for the forest green leaves to transform in a warm orange as soft as the sunset. The air feels like nothing but pure heat, being in the mid nineties almost everyday. The weather was for once nice today at precisely two thirty. Summer was usually unbearably hot with the occasional thunderstorms.

Rebecca despises thunderstorms.

The book I was reading sat in my lap as I repeatedly flipped through the pages. This one was a classic favorite for Rebecca, although many find it to be quite unsettling book Rebecca found a sense of admiration between the pages.

Of Mice and Men: the novel of dreams.

This was my sixth time reading the book. I was unsure of why I liked it so much. Maybe it was how the characters were immensely well written, or perhaps it was the immaculately well described setting.

But what Rebecca truly admired was how the ones we attempt to try and protect the most, are usually the ones who end up dead.

At the moment she was reading the part where Lennie got himself in a fight with Curly.

"Lennie looked helplessly at George, and then he got up and tried to retreat. Curly was balanced and poised. He slashed at Lennie with his left, and then smashed down his nose with his right."

I wanted to scoff at how much of an idiot Curly was. It must be exhausting to do all that fighting for revenge against people who have what you don't. I couldn't imagine putting all my energy into something like that.

As I sat under the tree with my legs extended out onto the cool, yet bristly grass I could hear yet another scream of excitement come from the playground. I've decided to stay around Wills daycare area since he's been seeming off lately. He's gotten more secretive and quiet, I couldn't help but wonder if something was wrong.

One of the biggest problems Will has is over sharing far too much. He blurts out things a lot, and my parents would always be harsh on him whenever he would run his mouth.

Nobody has ever been as understanding as they should be besides my aunt, and me. But to the rest of the world his mental illness is nothing more than a fly to flick off their shoulder.

I understand, human beings don't care about anyone but themselves. You can argue all you want but it's true. We can say that we care all we want but in the end, we'll always be our top priority.

The only exception is those who put themselves last almost every time, one of those people being me. I deeply crave the thought of even just being able to make a decision that I made personally. Not one that my parents decided, a choice that I made myself.

I'm getting there, I know it.

"Whatcha reading?"

I jumped, flinching in my spot under the tree. However I knew exactly who this was.

I turned my body to face her, closing my book and putting it in my lap. "And what are you doing at the park of all places."

Evie sighed, plopping down next to me in the grass.

"I could ask ya the same question. I still can't get over your 'accent.'" She said, fake mocking the way I spoke.

I didn't take offense to it though, it was a little joke me and Evie had, me being from California and all. In fact, I can't remember the last time I joked with Evie. It has been about a week since I've last seen her, and its been a week since my aunt told me not to fall for Dallas Winston.

What did she mean by those words she portrayed as important? I didn't even think she knew him, but I could only assume he was the criminal type.

I didn't plan on falling in love with Winston, not at all.

Anyone could tell he was dangerous just by glimpsing at his dark brown, almost black eyes. The way he walks, and the way he talks made me want to keep my distance. I should have informed Kristy about how much I loathed him, I don't even know how she knows that I was aware of him. But becoming head over heels for Dallas would be no problem. Not a problem at all.

"I'm here watching my brother." I defended.

Evie rolled her eyes, standing up. "Well can't someone else do it? Come on, I've been looking for you all day." I was about to open my mouth in protest, until Evie gave me a proposition.

"And besides, I was able to get you a job." She beamed, flashing her bright smile whilst putting her hands on her hips.

My jaw dropped open, partially in shock, but mostly because of pure glee and excitement. I have been job hunting for a few days now, and I've had no such luck.

Evie said before that she tried to hook me up at the diner, also known as the dingo. It was a pretty rough spot in Tulsa, but with Evie there I feel more at peace working there.

"You're joking right?" I exclaimed, standing up to be face to face with her.

I pulled her into a tight hug, feeling an immense amount of gratitude in the moment.

"Why would I joke about this? I've got way better jokes up my sleeve ya know."

I laughed, pulling away from the raven haired girl. "I can't thank you enough— oh! Where's the job?"

"It was nothing, really. And I got you a job at the diner with me at the dingo! Someone got fired, so a spot filled up. Now come on, you gotta meet the boss before you start." She said.

She gestured to the sidewalk, leading me to think of multiple scenarios that could be possible in this situation.

I was ecstatic at the news. Getting to work with my only friend in this town was practically a dream come true. But that wasn't the only thing that was on my mind.

I glanced back at Will, seeing him on the swing set alone. He was kicking the dirt softly, looking absolutely bored out of his mind. I could only hope it wasn't like this for him the entire duration of the day. I then turned my focus back to Evie.

Will didn't need to be picked up for another hour or two, he should be fine, right? If I could I would go and sit by him on the swing set. But I knew I couldn't, believe me I've tried.

"Okay, I give." I sighed in defeat, looking at Will for the last time.

Evie smiled, preparing herself to leave until she noticed I was staring. She moved her stance so that she was right beside me, trying to follow my gaze. Once her eyes fell upon Will, she knew right then and there that it was him.

"He's the loner type isn't he?" She remarked from beside me under the tree.

We both stared at Will for not too long, but enough to observe him. Will can make friends, the problem is he usually doesn't want to. At least, that's what he's told us. I think he's lying, but I'm not too sure yet.

"Yeah. He's comfortable around people, but he's a real reserved kid." I admitted to Evie.

She nodded, keeping her eyes on Will as if he were a science experiment. Will is a tough egg to crack, that's for sure. A part of me blames my parents for this. It all makes sense why he would want to talk to strangers about who he is as a person when his own parents wouldn't listen.

Out of the blue, Evie tugged on my wrist so that she could pull me towards the street. "Come on, it's not too far of a walk."

"You sure about that?" I questioned while raising my eyebrow. Evie was often the type to sugarcoat scenarios.

Evie giggled. "Promise, scouts honor."

We were now on the side of the road, treading through the stop signs and parked cars that stood in front of our path. I crossed my arms, keeping the aura between us calm for just a moment before I gasped.

"I need more details on you and Steve." I demanded in a slightly more suave tone.

Evie blushed for a split second, covering it up quickly when she put her face in her hands. "Well, its a long story."

"Good thing we've got a ways to walk." I said, kicking a small rock in front of me into the road.

I watched as the rock be immediately flicked to the side when a car sped by. However flicked was a nice word for this particular situation. The stone was impelled with a great force to the side, making the rock just as insignificant as it was before.

It's funny how that pebble like stone held no purpose previously, but then got it's hopes up, only to be heaved to the side of the road once again.

Evie crossed her arms, in sync with my physical stance. She turned to look at me, but once she realized her face was turning crimson she turned away once more. "

Things have been, well great to say the least. Steve and I went out with ol' Soda and his girl," She could hardly contain the smile on her face, but to maintain her reputation she wiped it all off. "I think he might love me Becca. Oh god, what if he does!" She exclaimed.

Her dreamy eyes were now widened ones of instant fright. "What if he spits out the words and I say nothing. I swear to god if I make a fool outta myself I'll—"

"Eves, relax. There's no way in hell he doesn't love you, and you wont make a fool out of yourself."

Evie then got tongue tied, barely being able to form the words she wanted to say. "Do you really think so?" She questioned with a much softer tone.

All of a sudden the entire world fell quiet. Not just due to the topic of Evie and Soda, but the news that Sodapop has a girl. I barely know him, but I'm still happy for him. Although I couldn't quite ignore the feeling in my chest that was almost... hurt?

I must be going insane.

"I saw the way he looked at you at the party." I said. I pulled out a box of cigarettes, igniting the end of one with the flame.

Evie sighed. "He was angry with me though. How could you tell he loves me if we were fighting?"

Me and Evie were now beginning to approach the diner that was beginning to become evident to our eyes. It was a shame that I had lit a cigarette, only to have to crush it to the ground so soon.

"He wasn't really angry with you. He was frustrated. That's what love does to you, it frustrates you to no other end. I may have been drunk that night but I saw the look in his eyes when your name came up."

Me and Evie were only a couple feet away from the door. Evie then turned towards me before pulling the large clear doors open.

"I guess that makes sense." Evie then pulled open the door, soon forgetting about our little conversation. But the topic had still stayed on my mind.

After seeing Evie so head over heels a part of me wanted to know what being in love felt like. I've never felt an ounce of true love, not once. To be young and in love is some sort of fairytale that we all know won't come true.

But I wish for it to come true.

No, I won't. I promised to myself right then and there that I would be as careful as one can be when dealing with that dangerous toxin. The toxin that goes by the name of love. If only a guardian angel were there in that moment to tell me how wrong I was— how my statement in my mind would become anything but not reality.

It felt odd going behind the counter of a diner, this is only the second job i've ever had and my last place I worked at was a laundromat. I suppose I've baby sat a handful of times, but I don't like to consider it a job, nor do I like to think about it.

I've never loved kids. The screaming and crying just isn't for me but I don't go around bullying them for the fun of it. The days of babysitting brings back memories of pure terror, memories I'd give anything to forget for eternity.

My surroundings changed when I went from the bustling diner, to a small tight space. This must be the bosses office. Office was a bit of an exaggeration. This was more of a janitors closet, with papers scattered all over the floor and posted on the wall.

Sitting on a chair was who I presumed was the boss of this place. He had short fading brown hair, with a mustache that wasn't perfectly grown. He looked to be in his fifties or so, with his wrinkles and grey hairs beginning to make more of an appearance.

"You must be the new girl," The man said, barely taking the time to look up from all his papers. "This the girl you were telling me bout Johnson?" He asked casually, leaning back in his seat.

"Yes, she's gonna be great trust me." Evie said.

The man raised his eyebrow at her, turning his head to stare me down and smirk. "You ever worked in a place like this?"

I felt uncomfortable by his eyes breaking me down piece by piece. I knew I didn't look like the type who belonged here, I wish I did. If only I wasn't stuck in the same rich kid mindset for a fair amount of my childhood. I'd like to say I broke free, but I don't think I'm truly out of its grasp.

For some reason I feel trapped. Even though i've grown as a person I still feel stuck.

I shook my head at his question. "I worked at a laundromat before, but that's it." My eyes wandered down to his little plaque on his tiny desk.

Mr. Smith

The man let out a sly laugh, leaning forward and clasping his hands together on the desk.

"Well let me tell you something sweetheart, this ain't no paradise. We're not responsible for anything that happens to you. We don't care—I'm just gonna tell you now. Here's a contract for you to sign so you can't complain if a guy sticks a hand up your skirt, understand?"

My mouth dropped slightly open at his statement. I couldn't even tell if he was joking or not. But then again, this wasn't the nicest diner in town. I had to expect the unexpected. However, I can't imagine treating employees like that.

And with just the slightest hint of hesitation, I signed the paper. I wasn't sure if it was out of desperation, or the idea of working with Evie. Jobs were getting more and more scarce, it was only a matter of time before I couldn't find one that hires teenagers.

"Eager huh?" He said with a toothy grin.

I grimaced, shoving the pen back at him. "No, I just need a job." I retorted.

His grin faded off his face more quickly than I could even avert my eyes.

"I think you're starting to forget i'm now your boss sweetheart. You either treat me with respect, or lose your job. It's your choice." He stated cooly.

I knew he was right, but that didn't mean I wanted to downright admit it. Loosing this job could ruin everything, and my aunt might actually kill me if I get a job only to be fired days later.

Losing this fight was my last, and only option to keep this job. At least I'd have Evie with me. "When do I start." I gave in, trying my best to look unbothered.

"Tomorrow, get here on time." He said before ushering me and Evie away. Before we knew it, we were out of the office.

More like a closet.

"Did I mention he's an ass?" Evie chuckled as we walked out into the streets of downtown Tulsa.

"Sure wish you did." I muttered with a laugh to lighten the mood. The energy that Smith carried was enough to make anything more tense.

We made our way down the street with a plan. I had to go pick up Will, or at least get back to my spot. The gravel was beginning to send signs that it was cooling down. For I could feel a slight breeze coming from behind me, along with the ground feeling cooler than it did in the early afternoon.

It was a fairly nice day today, but that's only because the weather has been in the late nineties recently.

Do you know that feeling that twists deep inside your chest when you're almost, afraid? The emotion that refuses to leave, that dreaded of feeling of desire, and disgust.

In that moment when I saw him strolling downtown I felt not one drop of empathy, nor desire for the boy. The way he could say anything with no filter went against every single one of my principles.

Maybe I don't despise Dallas Winston because he's rude, or arrogant. Perhaps I loathe him because of the idea that he can see right through everything. My past, who I am, and who I used to be.

Before he was aware of me, I caught him in a moment so fascinating, I had an odd desire to take a picture. He looked completely unbothered, lighting his cigarette effortlessly with not one problem with the lighter. His brown hair was falling lightly in front of his eyes, but not for long. That moment of unawareness didn't last long. In fact, it lasted barely a second.

For Winston's friends had come ambling out of a store, leading him to get pulled out of his state of unawareness.

Evie let out a silent gasp and right then and there I knew who it was. And besides, I recognized the three of them too.

Steve, Two bit, and Dallas.

Once Steve noticed Evie was there a goofy grin was plastered on his face, only quickly covering it when his friends started to tease him.

"Let's go talk to them, for just a minute." Evie begged, sneaking glances over at the group every couple of seconds.

I didn't want to get mixed into Evie and her love struck state of mind, so I agreed. Only for a minute. We sauntered over to the trio, Evie putting her mushed up heart to the side as we approached them.

It's a normal greaser habit. Put your emotions to the side, and feel them later.

"Well look what the cat dragged in," Two Bit whistled when he noticed us. His eyes started wandering up me and Evie's bodies, taking us in. "Where you two headed lookin like this?"

Steve glared at Two bit (not so subtly), sending him obvious signs that he was pissing him off. Evie just snickered, saying back in response,

"Your mother's house." A smirk arose on her face.

Two bits eyes glinted with amusement. "Oh really? Well you make sure to tell her I said hi." He said with a chuckle.

"And keep your eyes where I can see them while you're at it Matthews." I ordered playfully.

Two Bit raised up both of his hands in defeat. "Yes ma'am."

Dallas stayed to the side, his eyes carefully surveying me more subtly than Two Bit. I was wearing a sundress today, a green one. After scrounging through my aunts pile of give away clothes I found the hidden gem and was immediately drawn to it.

"You're not wearing your usual ugly ass skirts." Dallas commented slyly.

What's annoying is that he probably only dislikes the skirts because they're too long for his liking. I raised an eyebrow at his comment.

"And what? Your style is so superior? Have you even washed that shirt?" I said in defense. This has to be one of my least favorite traits. Whenever someone hints at the slightest insult towards me, I either fight so defensively, it's frightening. Or I cower down like prey before the predator.

Dallas only snickered, shaking his dead while nudging Steve. He sent him one of his notorious looks. A look that fairly resembled the image of: who does she even think she is? But Steve wasn't even listening, for just about every drop of his attention was on Evie.

"Do y'all wanna go into town with us. We might hunt some action down at the corner stores." Two Bit offered to me and Evie.

Evie shook her head, pleasantly surprising me at her responsibility in this moment. "Can't, we gotta go pick up Becca's brother."

The boys all let out groans of protest. "That's what you got going on? Just leave it be, the kid'll be fine," Two Bit said, waving off our excuse. "He's gotta learn life skills somehow even if it's getting jumped every once in a— hey watch the hair!" Two bit exclaimed as I punched him softly in the arm.

I tried my best not to, but it was incredibly hard not to suppress a grin and well, lets just say it slipped.

"Sorry, must have been a reflex." I said casually.

The corners of Two bits mouth were now pulled upwards into a cheeky grin. "I think I'm starting to grow on her."

When Two Bit said that, I laughed, ignoring the little joke he just made. But as much as I would hate to admit it, he was the right. For that small group of boys are growing on me, and in ways that terrify me.

"Well we should be going." I said, cutting off this little conversation.

Evie and Steve went a little ways away from the group to bid their goodbyes while Two Bit went inside the store to get a pack of smokes since apparently he ran out. Steve was looking pretty disappointed that he couldn't wish Evie goodbye in a more intimate way.

A greasers reputation is everything, and Steve can't let the guys know that he's gone even a tad bit soft.

And just as I thought I could get away from Dallas Winston without another word escaping from those soft looking lips of his, I could feel his presence behind me. His scent was becoming familiar to me now, with his hot breath falling down the arch of my neck and the faint trace of cigarette smoke that lingers on his body.

Dallas Winston is complicated enough, but his scent only makes everything more alluring

Cigarettes and gasoline was everything that I would expect Winston to smell like. It fits him perfectly, so why not stick to that idea? However, Dallas Winston smells of something else, something that you wouldn't dream he'd smell like.

But in this moment I couldn't seem to grasp what it even was. His voice was already distracting, so multitasking didn't seem to be an option in this moment. But that soft scent wasn't the typical tough greaser type of smell, for it felt familiar, almost like home. I must be losing my mind if Dallas Winston smells faintly of some sort of fragrance, one that any greaser would despise to have. If anything, it must be from some girl he hooked up with.

"Do you really think you can mess with me like that?" Dallas questioned to me.

He sure did have a way with seeming almost terrifying without even trying. But to answer your question Dallas, no. I don't have a clue on why I even try to tangle myself into your world. However there's a part of me that knows deep down, extremely deep down, that you're putting on the same mask as me.

Whenever I see his face come into view, I want to rip it all off and join him. For he looks as though he hasn't got a care in the world. He appears to not worry about what a single soul thinks.

There's the tiniest shrivel of me that feels this entrancement, this need to know who he is. So why not cover it all up with the most intense amount of hatred one can muster?

"I don't know what you're talking about," I stated monotonously. "And stop coming up to me from behind, one of these days I'll end up stabbing you in the gut cause I'll think someone's out to kill me."

Dallas chuckled, spinning me towards him so I had to look him right in the eye. His arms were grasped firm on my elbows, locking me into his hold. But that short excuse for a laugh didn't last long, for it was more a snarky laugh anyway. And once it was over, the coldness returned once more. At this point I could only pray that some sort of sunlight will come and rescue me from this blizzard.

"What is it with you broads? Just give in, or don't if you're that much of a priss."

Once he said that one word that made my skin practically crawl, but with fury, I wanted to lose it.

"I don't know who you think you are— but you need to get a fucking grip on reality." I then practically had to shove him away from me, crossing my arms once I managed to escape from his grasp that deeply reminded me of the most dangerous fictional characters of the sea.

Sirens. They're deadly, terrifying, and could be the reason you end up dead. But if thats the case then why are they so damn tempting?

Dallas feigned a gasp, putting his hand up to his chest. "So country club curses? What does your priest have to say about that?"

"Don't call me country club."

Dallas snickered once again, "I can call you whatever I want."

I wanted to scream, I craved the thought of yelling right in this moment. He has the looks, the arrogance, he was the perfect target to scream at.

"I'm done with this." I muttered, leaving to go get Evie.

Ushering her away from Steve would be a challenge, but she was up for it if it meant getting away from Dallas.

Dallas smirked in satisfaction at his little victory. In his mind he won, but Rebecca thinks of it all a different way. In reality, she knew she lost. But who wants to admit to that? Rebecca tapped Evie who had her back to her on the shoulder.

"Eves, sorry to break this up, but we should go."

"Mhm, yeah I'm ready." Evie mumbled, breaking out of her conversation to face me.

"Thought you said you weren't gonna make conversation with her?" Two Bit asked Dallas jokingly.

Dallas's face hardened, for he didn't like when people keep track of things. Whenever it comes to relationships, Dallas is always screwed over. He somehow manages to forget every birthday, anniversary, any holiday you can think of.

This all usually ends in one of his new broads of the week breaking up with him, but Dallas isn't phased at all when they would get angry with him. Girls didn't bother him in the slightest anymore, he learned how to not care long ago.

"Cmon man, can't a guy have some fun?"

Rebecca could hear every word of their conversation and Dallas knew it. "Lets go Evie, I don't want to leave Will waiting."

This was either a white lie, or a full, complete and utter lie. For Rebecca didn't want to leave Will waiting, but she knew he'd be fine if she was a few minutes late.

There are two possibilities here: one being that Rebecca left to go attend to her brother so he wasn't waiting for a few minutes, and the next being that she wanted to leave due to Dallas.

What makes it all the more confusing on the other hand is that Rebecca wasn't sure if she wanted to leave. Dallas was growing into her heart, but not in the warm and accepting area. He was in the cold, dark part of her heart that burned with hatred.

He is indefinitely living rent free in her mind, but her heart? That's an entirely new story. But what if Rebeccas heart isn't all sunshine and rainbows, perhaps there's a part in her heart that beats aggressively with an everlasting hatred for the world. If that's the case then that area is reserved for Dallas Winston.

I suppose it's up to you to decide which one you suppose is the truth. For there are no wrong, nor right answers.

"I'm comin, I'm comin." Evie said, repeating her words to accentuate the fact that she was almost done with her chat with her boyfriend.

As Rebecca and Evie walked down the street, numerous things were on Rebecca's mind. As she looked into the street and noticed the buildings start the become large tall shadows of the night, thoughts of Dallas kept resurfacing through her brain. At the time she had no clue that you can't force yourself to hate someone, especially when you have powerful emotions. But there was intense feelings in her veins that day, those intense feelings being for the one and only, Dallas Winston.

She knew she had to make a promise to herself that she would stand up for herself, but keep the mask pressed against her face so he couldn't hurt her.

It was almost sad in a way that she had to form this plot, but she felt as if she had no choice. He wasn't just going to disappear, although she wish he could. But Rebecca has a plan, a plan that she's sure will work. She's going to play him at his own game.

Yes, you heard her correctly. She's going to take the measures that she wished she used all those years ago when her best friend was being tormented. And for what cost? To stand up for herself of course.

Rebecca hated him with a burning passion, but she can't help but notice he's the key. The key to breaking out of the bubble.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 55 15
cecilia scott, once famous for being a gold digger reflects on her past as well as her relationships, especially her short lived relationship with so...
249K 5.7K 38
You're part of the Curtis family, the third child - two years older than Ponyboy. You all get along quite nicely, they've taught you everything you n...
5.5K 85 27
Y/N Gomez moves from New Jersey to Tulsa, Oklahoma. She reunites with a childhood best friend and makes some enemies along the way. Will she show the...
21.3K 318 62
Stacy Greene has just moved to town from California to get away from her past. She meets a gang of 'greasers' and quickly becomes friends with them...