The Silver Tongue

By NataliaAlianovna_

What if harry potter grew up differently with his aunt by his side and knowing about the magical world. In th... More

chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Omg Readers!!!!
chapter 37
Chapter 38
Hey!
Chapter 39
Authors note
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
shout out
a/n
chapter 47
chapter 48
Sequel!

Chapter 6

11K 388 32
By NataliaAlianovna_

I do not own Harry Potter, do not sue me.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

Chapter 6 – Hogwarts Express

The week at Malfoy Manor was the greatest fun Harry had in a long time. He learned so much from the Malfoys and they had no problem answering any of his questions. It was the last day. Tomorrow Draco and Harry left on the train to Hogwarts. Right now Harry was looking through the library alone. Draco wanted to go with his father to the ministry, while the lady of the house was reading in the parlor. This morning Harry had looked through all his books to see if he had any left to read when he came across the Blood Magic. He was wary of it but the incident with the mirror kept flashing in his head, his mother's face, and her words. He needed to know more without jumping head first into lessons. He slowly went section by section looking for any reference to blood magic. He couldn't find any. He started taking books down and skimming through them in hope of something.

He never noticed the lady of the house enter the library or come up behind him wondering what he was doing. "Harrison, what are you looking for?" Her voice was light and soft. Harry was barely able to stop himself from jumping in surprise.

Harry placed the book he was searching through back onto the shelf before turning to face her. Narcissa stood in a silk black dress with a book in her hands and an eyebrow raised waiting for an answer. Harry thought through all his options, he could lie, or he could just come right out and ask. After all, they have been truthful about everything else he asked. The fact stood though, Blood magic was classified by the ministry as a dark art. Harry bit his lip looking up at her. He made his decision.

"Madam, can you tell me anything about blood magic?" Harry watched as the question was processed before the shock set in. Her eyes widened momentarily before she hid it all behind her finely crafted mask.

"Harrison that is the Dark Arts you are asking about. How did you hear about such a subject?" Narcissa hide her shock behind her mask as best of her abilities and to anyone else it would never have been seen but Harry was able to see it, along with the nervousness.

"I heard of it when I was in the muggle world. I found a reference in a book. I hadn't read it all of it but it was just a broad overview of different branches of magic thought to have been practiced at one point in history. I wanted to know if it was true and what it really was. The book did say that Blood magic was grey and not dark." Harry lied to ease her fear and nervousness in hope that she would tell him what he wanted to know.

Narcissa gently led him over to two green velvet chairs in the back of the library where they could see out the grand ceiling to floor windows if they wished. "Harrison, the Ministry has banned all types of magic. Grey was grouped with Dark, Neutral was grouped with Light. Many families who were taught Grey or Dark arts were killed because of their knowledge in those Arts. Those are very dangerous subjects." Narcissa watched Harry take in all she said. He continued to look at her with curiosity but he also added in some apprehension to keep up the act. "Blood Magic is the most dangerous of magic's a person can try to use. It's in the same branch of Grey Arts as necromancy. Only if you screw up and summon something you can't control with necromancy you always have safeguards in place. In blood magic, you have no safeguards and if you do not have the 'proper blood' or power, your own blood will turn on you, killing you in a slow painful death. The last true Blood user died over two hundred years ago."

"Was it always classified as Grey? What did they use blood magic for?" Harry asked using his innocent curiosity approach. He just wanted to know more so he could make his decision of what to do. He needed her to keep talking without suspecting anything.

Narcissa gave Harry a hard look before answering. "It wasn't always, no. In the beginning, it was a Light Art that Merlin himself was able to use. Since the magic is picky about who can use it, and so many people died trying to use it, many started referring to it as a Grey Art with necromancy. Blood magic was used for many things; Divination, healing, protection, summoning, blessings, curses, potions, and more. The most anyone does with blood anymore is in potions or with the goblins."

Narcissa paused when Mr. Malfoy, Lucius, walked in with Draco trailing behind him. She turned back to Harry. "Harrison the thing you need to understand is blood is important. It is our life force and is our strongest tie to our magic. A single drop of blood can be more powerful than any spell, hex, curse, or potion. That is why it is so dangerous and why the Ministry banned it. I know you may be curious about what you read but muggles have written many things they believe to be true. Most of it is wrong."

Harry nodded as Narcissa stood up to greet her husband and son. Harry smiled at Draco as he went to pick out a book that caught his attention earlier in his search. His mind was going through all that Narcissa told him. She may have thought she told him nothing but she told him more than he knew. "Madam one more question if you have the time." Harry waited till Narcissa turned from her husband and gave him a small nod before continuing. "How many categories of magic are there really?"

Narcissa let a laugh out in slight surprise. "There are 6; Dark, Neutral, Light, Neutral Dark, Neutral Light, and Grey. In the times we live in now though there are only 2; Light, and Dark. There are some that try to be Neutral but they are pushed to associate with one side or the other. Anything else dear?"

Harry shook his head. "No thank you, ma'am. You have answered all of my questions." He watched Narcissa walk out of the library on Lucius' arm. Draco sat in the seat his mother vacated talking about his trip to the Ministry. Harry let him, nodding at the right time so he would never know he was immersed in thought. He had gotten his answer and made his decision.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

The train, Hogwarts Express, was magnificent. It shone bright red for all to see. Children ran about on platform 9¾, parents crying, and saying goodbye before the children had to leave. Harry watched and listened to all, taking in details in hopes of getting a small glance into what he should expect at school. He heard some older students talking about how they hoped they got a good DADA teacher this year. A pair of twins with mischievous smirks were whispering with their heads ducked down together in hope of not being heard by the plump redheaded woman glaring at them from behind.

Draco pulled Harry from his observations. The blond boy was adjusting his cloak for the fourth time in a clear show of nervousness. Harry withheld a roll of his eyes. He couldn't understand why anyone would be nervous about going to school. "Draco stop playing with your cloak. You look fine. Keep your head high and don't let them see what you hide underneath your mask." Harry turned to look at Lucius and Narcissa. "Thank you for having me this week. I enjoyed it immensely." Harry gave a small bow.

Harry could see Narcissa's eyes brighten. Lucius gave him a firm nod. "It was a pleasure to have you with us, Harrison. We will be seeing you more."

Harry waited and watched as Draco said goodbye to his parents. They boarded the train and quickly found a compartment empty of people. Draco watched out the window while Harry pulled out a book his aunt sent to him on combat. The train just left the station when a shy knock made both Harry and Draco look over. A nervous looking boy opened the door. He was chubby, his clothing wrinkled, his skin sweaty, but his eyes had a light that caught Harry's attention. The boy had power, Harry could see it. It was just hidden deep inside of him. Harry, making a snap decision on what he observed, waved the boy in with a calm smile. The boy stumbled in stammering a thank you.

"Harrison Evans, nice to meet you." Harry held out his hand.

The boy hesitantly grasped it in his own after wiping his palm on his pants. "N-neville Longbottom, nice to meet you too."

Draco held his hand out next with a smirk. "Draco Malfoy. Nice to meet you, Neville."

Neville shook Draco's hand and repeated the pleasantry before setting back in the seat across from them. An hour passed in relative silence with only pages turning from Harry's and Neville's books, and the scratching of a quill as Harry took notes from his book. A yell from the hallway broke the silence. Draco opened the door curious about who yelled and why. Two redheads crashed through the door laughing.

"Did you see Little Ronikin's face?" the first redhead lifted his head to look at the other one.

"It was priceless. I wish we got a picture." The second one lifted his head to show they were twins. The same twins Harry remembered seeing on the platform.

"Excuse me. Can we help you with something." Draco had his nose up in the air like he smelled something bad. Harry rolled his eyes making Neville crack a small smile when he saw.

"Hu? Look, Forge, little firsties." The twin on the right stood up from his hunched over position grinning.

"Well will you look at that Gred, they are firsties." The twin on the left stood, swinging an arm around his brother's shoulders.

"Hello little firsties, I'm Gred." Harry noted that while they did look almost completely the same, 'Gred' had slightly lighter brown eyes than his twin.

"I'm Feorge." Harry also noted that 'Feorge' had a small scar on the left side of his neck. "I hope you don't –"

"Mind if we hang out here for a time." 'Gred' finished.

Draco and Neville watched the twins in a guarded manner like they were waiting for them to play a trick on them. Harry on the other time enjoyed how they were acting. He gave a nod and went back to his book and notes. Neville followed his lead and started to read once again though he kept an eye on the redheads. The twins roped Draco to play a game of Exploding Snap. Neville was soon pulled from his book to join in the game. During the game, they found out that 'Feorge' was George Weasley and 'Gred' was Fred Weasley. Harry watched them from over the top of his book interested in how normal students interact before they were sorted into houses. The twins had the Gryffindor emblem on their robes yet Draco didn't cause any trouble besides grumbling about them being Weasleys. He learned that their families had been feuding for three generations after a marriage contract was broken between the families.

They were only about an hour from Hogwarts when a girl with bushy brown hair opened the door interrupting the card game and Harry's reading. "Sorry, I was trying to find a compartment I could get away from a bad mannered, red-headed Neanderthal. Do you mind if I join you?"

Harry chuckled at her description of the boy bothering her and gave her a shake of his head. The girl happily made her way to sit across from him, looking between the title of his book and the game that resumed. She decided to turn to Harry. "I'm Hermione Granger."

Harry gave her a charming smile as she didn't hold out her hand to be taken. "Harrison Evans, a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Granger."

Hermione gave a small giggle. "Just Hermione is well enough for me thank you. Is that a good read?"

"Then please, Harrison." He looked back at the book he was almost finished with. "It is but learning the basics physically will be difficult."

Harry spent the rest of the ride talking to Hermione about books they both have read and the different practical ways he could learn the basics of hand to hand combat. Harry was surprised to find out that Hermione knew some street moves from a friend of hers and that she could shot a handgun because of her father. Ten minutes before the train was to arrive at the school Hermione left to change into her robes in the bathroom while the twins went to the hallway so Harry, Draco, and Neville could have room to change themselves.

The train stopped. The twins ran ahead to go with their house mates, waving back to the first years they made friends with. Hermione pulled Neville to where a large man stood calling for first years. Harry followed at a more sedate pace with Draco next to him. Neville waved them to the boat he and Hermione sat in. Harry sat down beside Neville when a red-head boy with second-hand clothing and dirt on his face tried to push Draco out-of-the-way to sit in the boat.

"Excuse me. What do you think you are doing? Draco was going to get in here before you so rudely pushed him out-of-the-way." Hermione glared at the redhead who continued to try to get on the boat but she was blocking him. "Draco is sitting with us. Go to another boat you empty-headed Neanderthal."

"Names Ronald Weasley not neander-whatever, now move. I want to sit down." Ron tried to push her out-of-the-way only to come face to face with an un-amused Harry.

"Draco come on in." Harry moved a little so Draco could slip by into the boat. Ron's face turned red in anger. Draco smirked at him from behind Harry. Harry turned away from Ron to sit back down. Ron walked away muttering angrily under his breath.

"He was a rude child." Hermione glared at the retreating redhead.

"I think that was Fred and George's little brother," Neville muttered.

"I feel so bad for the twins. Never thought I would say that about a Weasley." Draco had a disturbed look on his face for saying such a thing out loud let alone thinking it.

They stopped talking as the boat surged forward almost knocking Draco and Neville out of their seats. Harry was busy looking into the dark of the lake. He dipped his finger on the surface, watched how the ripples danced on the water. Neville jerked to the side when a tentacle broke the surface.

"Relax Neville. He won't hurt you. The squid was placed into the lake by Ravenclaw to protect the students in times of war. He just wants to play. Many students are afraid of him." Harry let the tentacle wrap around his wrist and play with his hair making it wet. Hermione was the one to push past her shock and fear to reach a hand out to touch the tentacle. She smiled and giggled when the tentacle wrapped her hand in a mock handshake. Draco and Neville joined in next. Only Harry noticed all the other children looking at them as the squid played with them making them laugh.

Hagrid yelled out to duck. They did just in time, though someone behind them wasn't so lucky. A yell followed by a splash echoed across the lake. Many looked back to find the squid holding a wet and cold Ron. Hermione tried to hide her giggling fit. Draco turned back to look at Harry with a grin. Harry rolled his eyes with a smile when he noticed even Neville was hiding a smile and a laugh. Harry ignored Ron and the laughter to look at Hogwarts for the first time. It was grand. All the windows were glittering from lights inside and the stone gave a protective feeling. Hagrid maneuver the boats to a small cave. All the students gathered around him as they were led through a tunnel to the entrance of the school. Hagrid knocked twice before stepping back.

The door opened. A woman with her brown-grey hair in a firm bun on top of her head and standing with stiff proper posture waited in the hall. "Thank you Hagrid, I'll take them from here." She turned to all the students. "Follow me." Everyone shuffled along, following the woman, to a smallish room that barely fit everyone. "Now, my name is Professor McGonagall. In a moment you will be sorted into your house. The houses are Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. While you are here your houses will be your family. Your triumphs will gain points and any rule-breaking will lose points. Wait here while I see if we are ready for you."

Harry pretended to not notice the way her eyes kept going to him. He saw how her eyes lit up when she saw him in the crowd. He even saw a hint of a smile. "Harrison?"

"Hermione you can call me Harry. Neville, Draco that goes for you too." Harry got a nod from all of them. "Now what is it, Hermione?"

"Will we be friends no matter what houses we get into?" Hermione bit her lip, a nerves habit she had yet to break.

"Hermione, I am not one for judging people because of associations. I only judge on things I see and hear from the person in question. I will be friends with all three of you no matter what houses we get into." Harry felt almost insulted but reminded himself that the house rivalries are legendary. Draco and Neville both nodded their agreement to his statement.

"I heard Harry Potter is here among us. I can't wait to be in Gryffindor with him. Those bloody Slytherins won't know what hit them when Harry gets to them." Harry turned to find the voice of the boy talking about him. It was the redhead Ron. He was spouting off to a pair of twin girls.

Harry let a smirk slip onto his face. "You talk so big for a boy who is so childish. You make it sound like you and Potter will be best of friends."

Ron turned his nose up in the air, "Of course we will be. Harry and I will have so much in common."

Harry snorted; he tilted his head to the side in a way that he knew moved his bangs so his scar was in plain sight. "I very much doubt that Ronald. I already have three friends my own age and two older I believe I will be more than happy with."

Harry smirked as he turned back to his group. Neville and Hermione looked shocked. Harry lifted an eyebrow in question. Both of them shook their heads and smiled at him. A throat cleared behind him. He turned to see McGonagall standing there hiding a smile behind her stone mask. "We are ready for you. Follow me."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
H

ere you go. I hope you like it and give me more reviews!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

931 22 10
Harry Potter did not have the best life growing up with the Dursleys. However, that all changed when he when he is nearly 10 and found out his herita...
58.8K 2.7K 20
💕Still reeling from the terrible ordeal Voldemort put him through and desperately trying to control the urges of the dark creature essences force in...
10.1K 269 18
Harry's second year at Hogwarts can't come quick enough. His friends haven't written to him the whole summer and he's scared they might have forgotte...
21.7K 772 32
The story of Harry Potter, the boy who lived, with a twist; thanks to a black haired beauty who came in with a bang. Raven Howendale; a name that wil...