The Choice ꨄ

By ggiia17

You have always admired Cedric Diggory, you realize you might actually have a chance. Out of nowhere the last... More

1|𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝᯽
2|The thorn in my side
3|False hope
4|Unexpectedఌ
5|Pretty boy❦
6|Will you?
7|Jealousy ☃︎
8|༆Yule Ball: Part I༆
9|༆Yule Ball: Part II༆
10|༆Yule Ball Part: III༆
11|Conflicted.
12|Comfort ❣︎
13|Same old pain ☕︎︎
14|I'm sorry
15|Party ♪
16|"Dancin in my room..♫"
17|Overprotective much?
18|The thought of you
19|Regret
20|Our little secret ❁
21|I can explain...
22|Im at Peace...kind of
23|Guilt ᯽
!!Story Update!!
24|Broken
25|Lie
26|By your side
!!Announcement!!
27|Love?
28|Time
29|Second task
30|After
31|My Best friend
32|Fun and Chaos
!!THANK YOUU!!
33|Fix it ⁂
34|Selfish and Selfless?
!Cast list!
35|A step forward
36|Competitive nature
37|More curious by the day
38|My distraction
39|Like vs Love
40|Third Task
41|Recovery
42|-Start of summer-
!announcement!
43|Something new
44|Night & Day
45|Time stands still
46|Just dancing
47|Reality Check
48|The Death Eaters
50| the final choice

49|Sixth year

21 1 0
By ggiia17

1206 words
sorry for any mistakes
enjoy
——————————————————————————
When we went back to hogwarts all Draco did was mend the cabinet. He almost completely stopped going to his classes. He wasn't allowed to play quidditch anymore either. I continued as normal though.

The guys from quidditch kept asking what happened to Draco and why he stopped. I just told them that his parents wanted him to focus on other things.

At lunch he didn't want to sit with the group anymore. Instead he sat alone insisting to isolate himself.

I get it, he was upset about the death eater situation but you can't let it completely stop your entire life.

Time jump to winter

We were ordered by Voldemort to give Dumbledore a poisoned necklace. Instead of giving it directly to him Draco had the bright idea to give it to Katie Bell instead, that way she would get blamed for it.

When Katie was finally able to function normally again, everyone was asking her questions.

And of course, Harry was the one who wanted answers the most. I saw Draco walk in fidgeting with his tie. Harry looked back at him and quickly, Draco walked away. He followed him out.

I knew Harry was about to do something stupid.

Two minutes later I went to the bathroom where they were and saw Draco on the ground in a pool of his own blood. I looked up at harry.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I yelled.

Snape rushed in and healed Draco.

Harry quickly left without a word.

—————————————————

We had a match against gryffindor, surprisingly Ron was a very good keeper.

Blaise was pissed that we lost and I mean, so was I. But a part of me felt happy for Ron.

—————————————
Professor Slughorn had a Christmas party, Draco technically wasn't invited so I just ended up going with Blaise.

I was getting a drink when I saw Hermione. She was nervously looking around as if she was avoiding something, or someone.

"Hey Hermione."

"Hello y/n, you haven't seen Cormac around have you?"

"Nope, why what's going on?" I asked.

She explained to me how she at first wanted to take Ron but he's dating Lavender now. She also told me about what happened at the gryffindor party.

I felt bad for her, I always knew she liked Ron.

"I'm sorry, boys suck," I put my hand on her shoulder as she briefly smiled.

"Speaking of boys, I'm surprised you aren't here with Malfoy."

"Yeah, Blaise asked me to be his date before I could mention anything."

Sounds believable enough.

The real reason is that Draco was busy with his tasks and Blaise didn't want me going alone.

———————————————————

I did all of the death eater tasks I was told and still continued to have a social life somehow.

Draco was often standing on the astronomy tower alone looking out into the distance. I made sure to never leave him alone.

One night I thought it would be a good idea to check on him. He had his own dorm now because he needs "privacy." I knocked on the door and it slowly opened.

I saw Draco standing behind it. He had very dark circles under his eyes and looked more pale than usual. I knew he wasn't doing well.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me.

"I just wanted to see you."

He took my hand and closed the door. He led me to the middle of his rug and sat me down.

He sat across from me saying nothing and just staring at me. I reached for his hand as he looked down and sniffled.

"It'll be okay." I whispered.

"No, no it won't."

"Yeah it will, you know how I know? It's because I have you. That's all I need. As long as I have you, nothing else matters Draco."

As he cried in my arms I hugged him tightly.

"You need to start taking care of yourself, alright?" I whispered to him.

"What's the point?"

I held his face and looked right into his eyes.

"I can't do this alone. You know that."

He rubbed away his tears.

"Oh, Happy birthday by the way." Draco said as he sniffled.

"Thanks," I said with a small smile.

——————————

I sat in my dorm alone thinking about how in the fourth year my only issues were Draco getting on my nerves and me wanting Cedric to notice my existence.

Of course thinking about either of them brought up the huge decision I would have to make.

I needed to do it soon.

A few months later

It was June 28th, two days before the other death eaters would come to hogwarts.

  Even I was nervous, I couldn't imagine how Draco must be feeling.

Draco's pov
I haven't slept in a solid month, I couldn't think straight.

I knew what I had to do, I knew I couldn't disappoint my family.

Two days later

I checked the cabinet once more to make sure there was no way it could fail.

I looked down at my hands and wondered what I had become..

I'm not a murderer...

If I do it, what will Y/n think of me? What if she hates me? What if she's scared of me..?

I took a deep breath and tried to force my emotions down into my stomach.

Later that night I saw Dumbledore standing on top of the Astronomy tower.

It was time.

Y/n pov
As Draco stood across from Dumbledore holding his wand at him I felt the pit in my stomach grow.

"Draco, you are no assassin."

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you."

As I stood in the corner I could see Harry through the cracks of the floor.

I took my wand out.

If he hits Draco, I'll hit him back 10x harder.

"..I don't want your help, don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you...or he's gonna kill me."

Draco's hand was shaking and you could hear his voice starting to break. I felt so bad for him, but there was nothing I could do.

Bellatrix and the others came up the stairs in awe of how Draco was taking charge.

"Do it." Bellatrix whispered.

I could see under the floor that Harry was about to do something, that is until Snape snuck up behind him and shushed him.

At this point Draco was freaking out, the look on his face was killing me.

Snape turned the corner and Draco seemed relieved. He immediately put his wand down as Snape walked forward towards Dumbledore.

"Severus, please."

"Avada Kedavra."

As Dumbledore flew off the ledge I felt my jaw drop in complete shock.

I knew it was gonna happen, but it was pretty intense.

We were quickly rushed away by Bellatrix as she cheered.

We walked through the hallway, Draco and I watched as Bellatrix went through the great hall and shattered all the windows.

There goes our childhood...no big deal or anything.

I dug my nails into the palm of my hand to hold in my tears. Draco grabbed my hand and we left walking through the woods.
———————————————————————————
A/n: sorry if this chapter is crap, y/n needs to make the big choice in the next one so i'm kinda rushing to get to that.

i hope you enjoyed this

see you in the next, and final chapter

~g🤙🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 10K 51
Cedric Diggory during his 6th year at Hogwarts was well known. But not as well known as you knew Cedric. Or how well you knew the future. As Cedric/G...
189K 4.3K 40
Okay, you have no IDEA how much time it took me to try and make up a title or write a description. Please, before reading this description, note that...
251K 9.6K 74
"There's nothing to risk." "To 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 is to 𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓴." Draco Malfoy x Reader FanFiction (6 + 7 year, Lightening Era) All characters belong to: J.K...
2.7K 319 30
"Does that mean you are no longer in love with Draco?" Cedric asks softly. "No." you say "No, I don't think I'll ever stop being in love with him, j...