The War's Prophecy

By Lychee_The_RainWing

READ DESCRIPTION Pyrrhia's life is a strange one. She had to hide her power, and her parents had gone missing... More

Prologue- Pulling a Possessed Blue
Wait, So I'm on Fire?
Darkstalker? Is That You?
Cringe and Punishment
Deck the Halls and Stub Your Claws
Good Morning, Floor
Play-Acting
The Meeting
WE FOUND IT!
Altered Prophecy
Shishder
Wait So Dragonflies Aren't Out to Get Me?
We're Off to See the World!
Mistakes Were Made
I Think We Broke Leafspeaker
Parent Issues
OH NO BETRAYAL
Mysteries- OH MY GOSH IT'S JUNIPER HOLMES.
Leafspeaker Got Roasted. Literally.
We Made a Mess
Darkness and Light
Epilogue- Shadows

Why Hello, Strangers

6 0 0
By Lychee_The_RainWing

Leafspeaker ran through the Poison Jungle as an alternate vision hammered her brain.

Juniper and the others were walking through the Poison Jungle. LeafWing scouts were spying on them from the trees. The second Juniper looked up, LeafWings dived down from the trees and killed them all in seconds.

Even if Leafspeaker hadn't cared about her sister, she still would have saved her. For the prophecy.

But even though she had never met her sister, she cared. So she kept running. Eventually, she saw a multicolored group of dragons. But Leafspeaker didn't see a LeafWing. If fact, she saw every type of dragon except for a LeafWing. She turned around and began to walk away, but she stopped when she heard grunting and speaking.

"Almost to the top."

"That's good."

Leafspeaker turned around to see a HiveWing and a SkyWing pulling something out of the ground. It was Juniper.

Amanita appeared behind Leafspeaker. "Woah. Is that you sister?"

"SHH!"

"Sorry."

Leafspeaker dragged Amanita into a tree. They hid up there.

"Dragonets of Destiny, welcome to the Poison Jungle." Juniper said.

"It smells like swamp gas." Said the IceWing.

"It does not! Frostblood, if you don't like it, you can walk back through the tunnel and find the one to the Ice Kingdom."

"I'm just saying."

Leafspeaker smiled. "Nice comeback." She whispered. She finally noticed Juniper's wings. One was dragging behind her, and the other was sticking out at a weird angle. She must have been injured.

Leafspeaker checked Juniper's mind. She could see falling down a tube-no, wait-a vertical tunnel- at rapid speed, then landing, tumbling over, and falling down a chasm. Juniper's wings caught on rocks, one on her shoulder, the other knocking her wing in a dangerous position. A rock hit her on the head, and Juniper's mind moved somewhere else. Well, that explained it. The group of Dragonets walked through the jungle, and Leafspeaker and Amanita followed.

Leafspeaker could detect the LeafWing scouts stalking the Dragonets up in the trees. Just as one was about to dive out of the trees to slaughter one of the Dragonets, Leafspeaker grabbed the tail of one and flung them in the opposite direction.

What was that? Thought the SkyWing. There's someone there. Are they going to try to hurt her? She can't even fly away. I'll have to use myself... I can act like I'm trying to kill them, so that they'll target me. And then she can run.

An image of Juniper surrounded by bloodthirsty dragons flashed through her mind. Three moons. Did this dragon have a crush on Juniper or something?

Another scout. Leafspeaker flung it in the other direction.

Who's there? If they want to mess with any of us, ooh, they'll be sorry. Besides, they probably won't even be able to bring themselves to kill me.

Leafspeaker rolled her eyes at the IceWing's thoughts as another scout was flung into the trees. Leafspeaker had missed this one.

"Nice one, Amanita." She whispered.

That one sounded less graceful than the other... there must be two dragons. Thought Juniper. They both sounded like they know this place. Maybe they could help us? That is, if they aren't trying to kill us. Then... then they definitely can't help us. The war might never end.

Nice. A dragon who believed in the prophecy. That was a good sign.

Another scout. Another noise as the scout was flung into the trees. The IceWing whipped around. "WHO'S THERE?! SHOW YOURSELF!"

Leafspeaker swung down from the trees and landed in front of Juniper. "Here I am." The SkyWing stepped in front of Juniper and growled. "Step back." Leafspeaker obeyed calmly. There was a thump. Leafspeaker turned around to see Amanita lying facedown on the ground. Leafspeaker sighed. "Forgive Amanita. She can sometimes be... like that."

The IceWing snorted.

Amanita sat up with a groan. "How do you land so gracefully?"

"Practice."

"I've practiced!"

They seem trustworthy. Thought the SkyWing. I can turn my hostile down, but I'm keeping an eye on them.

The SkyWing stepped aside.

Juniper cleared her throat. "Hello..."

"Leafspeaker."

"Hello, Leafspeaker."

Leafspeaker smiled. "Hello, Juniper."

Juniper's expression looked the definition of shocked.

"What? What's the problem?"

"How- how do you know my name?"

"It will all make sense later. Right now, we need to get to the village."

Well, we were looking for someone who can help us. Juniper thought.

"But first, why don't we introduce ourselves. You know my name, so what are yours?"

Juniper pointed to each of the Dragonets. "Equinox, CocoaDust, Scorpio, Iceseeker, Cove, Lily, Frostblood, Widow, Goldfeather, and of course, I'm Juniper."

The same words kept pounding through Juniper's mind.

Dragon of two nations

Hooey. "Alright. We best get a move on it."

Leafspeaker led the way to the LeafWing Village. She headed toward the front entrance, fully aware of what awaited her. The guard, whom Leafspeaker recognized as Atropa, stopped them. "What are those?"

"They are my guests. You will treat them with respect." Leafspeaker said.

"That is a HiveWing."

"That is one of the Dragonets of Destiny. Would you like me to take the aggressive approach?"

The guard rolled her eyes and let them past. Leafspeaker stepped into the decontamination chamber. Juniper and Cove stepped in. Equinox tried, but Leafspeaker stopped her. "It's only meant for three dragons. You'll have to wait your turn." Equinox nodded and stepped out.

"Why are we-AHHBLUFBHDLRHLARBL!" Juniper shrieked as a lake's worth of water was dumped on them.

"That's to wash off any seed pods that stick to our scales. A clever way for the jungle to sneak in, but we're clever-er."

The other Dragonets each stepped into the chamber, three by one, and had water dumped on them.

"First things first, we need to get Juniper's wings fixed. The healers are this way. Actually, they'd probably not trust you and mess them up even more. I think I can snap this one back into place."

Leafspeaker gently grabbed Juniper's dislocated wing, and lined up her talon with the base of the bone that was out of place.

"Brace yourself." She said. "This may hurt." Leafspeaker slammed her talon into the bone, and it snapped into place.

"OW!!!!" Juniper screamed.

"Sorry! I think it worked, though."

"Yeahitdid." Juniper flexed her wing, flapped it up and down, and moved it in circles.

"I think the paralysis should wear off soon, considering the place the rock hit you was actually right next to a weaker spot."

"I'm starting to be able to move it a bit." Juniper said, now moving both her wings. "Wait. How do you know what happened?"

"I can read minds. It's no secret." Leafspeaker pointed to the scales by her eyes. "Exited thoughts give me headaches, so please try to keep your thoughts toned down."

"Can you see the future, too?"

"In fact I can."

"Cool."

Leafspeaker turned to Amanita. "Do you know of anywhere they can stay?"

Amanita grinned. "Father's on a mission, and my place is pretty big."

"So we're all having a big sleepover, then? That is, assuming I can stay, too?"

"Yep. And, yes, you can come, too."

So they all flew toward Amanita's house. When they landed, the clumsiest lander was unsurprisingly Juniper(Amanita was a good second).

Amanita went to look for blankets and came back with a heap almost as big as all of them laying on top of each other. They threw them all over the place. The sun set, and everyone slowly fell asleep until the last ones awake were Juniper and Leafspeaker.

"Juniper? Are you awake?" Leafspeaker asked.

"Mmhmm." Juniper somewhat responded.

"There's something I need to tell you."

"What is it?"

"You were wondering how I knew your name."

"Did you hear it in my mind?"

"N-no... it's because I... I heard mother say it."

"What are you saying?"

Leafspeaker took a deep breath. "Juniper... you're my sister."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387 23 25
A Wings Of Fire story that takes place in the depths of the Sky'wing Kingdom, following the story of a powerful hybrid dragonet who has to fight in t...
13.3K 247 22
(THIS STORY IS BEING EDITED AND REWRITTEN - IF YOU SPOT ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE TELL ME!) "She's a monster, worse than Peril herself." One choice alone...
8.5K 514 33
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ Recent events have cancelled this old, old story. However! The synopsis for the rest of the chapters I had planned for the se...
70.1K 1.4K 84
Imagine reading your favorite book series when you're suddenly transported into it. That's what happend to Daniel Lorence when he is transported into...