Titans: Rise of Talon

By sargasso8

He may be called a Robin, but he was born an Owl. It's been two years since the Teen Titans were formed, and... More

Prologue
Summons
Rough Morning
~ Beware the Court of Owls ~
Call a Friend or Two
Heat of the Moment
Unexpected
Two Gingers and an Ebony
~ That Watches All the Time ~
Return of Slade
Talon Awakening
A Not-So-Happy Birthday
Calling All Heroes
Sensitive Senses and a Concerned Kidnapper
Never Give Up
~ Ruling Gotham from a Shadowed Perch~
Correspondence
Code Red...X?
Waking Up
No Connection
Singapore
Voices from the Past
Connections
My Father's Sons
Natural
Shots Not Taken
Flying Solo

Summoning the Bat

1.1K 36 9
By sargasso8

A/N: 1k views?! No way! Thanks you guys! ^^
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I don't own the Teen Titans
And neither do you ;)

11:05 PDT
November 30th
Titans Tower, Jump City
....

"Phew! I think that's the last of them," Beast Boy panted, shifting out of his leopard form back into his mostly human one.

The group of teens looked around the main room, assessing the damage, and they dreaded having to clean up the piles of metal scrap scattered everywhere. But it only took a few seconds to realize they were one Titan short.

"Where's Robin?"

"And where's Slade?"

"You don't think he—?"

"We are so dead," Speedy facepalmed. How could they lose him?! Batman was going to break the 'no-kill rule' when he found out.

"We have to get him back," KF glared, ready dash off that very second, "They couldn't have gone too far."

"You don't know Slade," Raven countered, "He wouldn't have ended the battle this soon unless he knew he had enough time for a clean getaway."

"But don't worry, dude," Cyborg reassured him and pounded one metallic fist into his open palm, "We'll get Rob back no problem."

"Who is Slade?"

The original Teen Titans would have laughed if the situation wasn't so dire. It was that very same question that Robin had asked which started their entire rivalry with the masked mastermind.

   "Only the biggest baddest crook in the whole city!" Beast Boy huffed. Normally, the green shapeshifter would be cracking jokes and getting pumped for a search, but the overwhelming pressure of worry for his missing leader and personal hero had made him easily agitated. Robin hadn't been in good shape even before Slade showed up. What chance did he have now?

    Raven, sensing his emotions, secretly slipped her hand into his in a small display of reassurance as she turned her attention to the group, "We'll find him. I share a mental link with Robin. If I can meditate, I can locate him for you."

    "That would glorious!" Starfire exclaimed and began pulling her friend to the roof stairs, "Come! We must let you have the 'peace and quiet' so that you may find Robin!"

    "I guess that leaves the fun job to us," Kid Flash grimaced.

    "Wha'dya mean?" Beast Boy asked.

           "Calling Batman."

    Raven stopped, forcing Starfire to pause also. They had to see this. Besides, the goth reasoned, everyone's emotions are too strong right now. Even if I went to roof, I wouldn't be able to concentrate. Better to try after the call.
....
14:07 EDT
November 30th
Batcave, Gotham City

Bruce waved a tired hand over his face. He had skipped yet another board meeting at Wayne Enterprises in favor of looking deeper into his ward's predicament. When he had first began his research, he had believed that the Court of Owls operated solely in Gotham, but recent evidence revealed that they had a much wider reach than he originally thought. And when he found out they had ties to Haley's Circus....

A beeping signal interrupted the Dark Knight from his thoughts, and Bruce seamlessly slipped his cowl back over his face, becoming the imposing Batman once more. A small flair of concern blossomed in his chest when he saw that the incoming call was from Jump City. Bruce quickly clicked the answer button.

    Batman carefully hid his surprise when he saw Speedy and Kid Flash leading the call. He remembered sending to speedster to keep a loose eye on his former partner, but he wasn't quite sure why Roy was there. He knew the archer was a member of Titans East and should be on the other side of nation. And from what he recalled from Robin's report, Wally was just an honorary member. The concern in his chest was quickly turning into worry, especially when he couldn't spot his surrogate son amidst the teens.

"Where's Robin?"
....
11:07 PDT
November 30th
Titans Tower, Jump City

The four main Titans were almost quivering behind the two redheads as they stared up at the menacing Batman. Cyborg and Beast Boy, who had at least heard stories of the Dark Knight, felt a healthy respect for the man, while Raven felt only mildly unnerved as she spotted the similarities between her leader and his mentor. Starfire was both terrified and curious. The man on the screen seemed far scarier than Robin had said he was.

Speedy shared a glance with Kid Flash and squared his shoulders back. While the two were used to Batman's intimidating aura, they knew that they were about to unleash something far more terrifying. Daddybats.

"That's why we're calling, B. Robin was kidnapped by a villain named Slade."

"Who is Slade?"

A common question these days.

"What do you mean?" KF quirked an eyebrow, "Didn't Rob tell you?"

"No," Batman glared, expecting an answer, and the speedster gulped. Speedy turned to Cyborg.

"Send him all of the files you have on this guy," he ordered, and he quickly set to work.

"Files received," the Bat grunted, and the screen split to reveal the data. For a moment, the founding leaguer ignored the teens, the whites of his cowl narrowing into thin slits. When a picture of the villain came up, Batman slammed his fist on the keyboard, scaring everyone. Roy and Wally shared a look. Something was very wrong.

"Slade isn't an ordinary villain. He's been on the League's red watch list for years, but he goes by the alias, Deathstroke the Terminator."

The teens gasped in surprise. They had been fighting someone even the Justice League was watching, and the fact that the other heroes hadn't thrown the guy in jail yet hinted that the man was far trickier than they imagined. And right now, Robin was in his clutches. Again.

"This isn't the first time Robin has been with Slade," Raven spoke up bravely. Batman's glare leveled on her, and not even the protection of her hood could hide her from the severity of it.

"Elaborate."

"Some time ago, Robin was blackmailed by Slade to be his apprentice in exchange for our lives. They have a strong rivalry and a complicated relationship. I think he's planning to try to convert Robin to his side again."

"But this time he doesn't have anything on him," Cyborg added, "There ain't no probes this time. Without any leverage, there's no way Rob will give into him again."

Batman looked like he was borderline seething, and no one could blame him. Not only had the boy he considered his son been kidnapped, but apparently this wasn't the first time this had happened. And for some reason, Robin hadn't told him about any of it. He would be getting answers very soon. And the first question would be, Why didn't you tell me?

"That's not all, Bats," KF stated, "Robin wasn't in the best of shape when Slade took him. He was sick, like really sick, and we think the freaky owl dude that came into town a few nights ago knows more about what's going on. Robin said it had something to do with him facing some sort of "change" or whatever. He's in no shape to fight anything at all. Bats, he was coughing up blood this morning."

   Yep, they had officially unleashed Daddybats. Someone was gonna be put in a full body cast in the near future, and Robin would be lucky to be let out of the Batcave for the next several years when they found him. Speedy cleared his throat.

   "We'll do everything we can to get him back, but we're going to need some serious backup. Robin told us about the time limits, both of them. But this Slade guy's interference is really going to move the timetable against our favor."

   The four main Titans shared questioning looks. Just how much had Robin not told them that he shared with these two? Didn't he trust them at all?

    "I'll be there before the end of the day. Fan out, search for anything that can give us a hint of Deathstroke' agenda. I will expect a full report upon my arrival."

    "Yes, sir," Speedy and Kid Flash nodded before Batman promptly ended the call.

    "Well, you heard the man! Let's go!"
...,
14:12 EDT
November 30th
Batcave, Gotham City

    Batman ended the transmission and stormed away from the computer. Alfred had already prepped the batplane for his departure, a solemn look on the old Brit's face.

"Good luck, Master Bruce. Bring our boy home."

    Batman nodded grimly and took off without a word.
....
11:30 PDT
November 30th
Slade's Haunt, Jump City

Slade burst into the main room, startling Wintergreen, with Robin held limply in his arms.

"Call the chopper. We need to be out of here in thirty."

"Why? Slade, what on earth have you gotten into now? What's wrong with the lad?"

"There's been a change in plans. We're heading to the safe house."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

566K 15.4K 46
" You'll never know if you can fly , unless you take the risk of falling" ~Nightwing~ After the death of her parents and the disappearance of...
390K 6.2K 59
This story is complete, it will no longer be updated and I am no longer taking requests. :)
18.8K 466 19
That story is about Kid Flash and Robin in Teen Titans not in Young Justice where they are best friends. The Titans weren't nice to Robin always doi...
2.3K 98 7
Damian al ghul was 13 years old when Deathstroke aka slade Wilson attacked Nanda Parbat and killed both talia and Ra's al ghul Deathstroke and blows...