Out of Time (Loki x Reader)

Af AislynMarie_

Upon practicing your magic on Asgard, you were banished by Odin, an Orphan was all you were to him. But bein... Mere

Chapter 1: Asgard
Chapter 2: The Ballroom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: The Last of Asgard
Chapter 5: New Beginnings
Chapter 6: Avengers?
Chapter 7: Control
Chapter 8: New Addition
Chapter 9: Good Old Days
Chapter 10: The Unexpected
Chapter 11: HYDRA
Chapter 12: Truths
Chapter 13: Home
Chapter 14: Cold Hearted
Chapter 15: The Garden
Chapter 16: No More Music
Chapter 17: Motherly Advice
Chapter 18: Family
Chapter 19: More Headaches
Chapter 20: Destruction
Chapter 21: Party, Party
Chapter 22: Drinks on me
Chapter 23: The Villain
Chapter 24: Hulk SMASH
Chapter 25: Nine Realms
Chapter 26: Life
Chapter 27: Reminiscing
Chapter 28: Vulnerability
Chapter 29: Loki
Chapter 30: Secrets
Chapter 31: Liar
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: Sister?
Authors Note
Chapter 34: The GrandMaster
Chapter 35: Champion
Chapter 36: Tired.
Chapter 37: Different
Chapter 38: Move on
Chapter 39: Hela
Chapter 41: Earth
Chapter 42: Christmas Eve
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: New years Eve
Chapter 45: Tesseract
Chapter 46: The Winning Side
Chapter 47: Regret
Chapter 48: Barnes
Chapter 49: All of The Stars Above
Chapter 50: Ebony Maw
Chapter 51: Pretend
Chapter 52: The Sanctuary II
Chapter 53: Cell Block 17
Chapter 54: Traitor
Chapter 55: Wakanda
Chapter 56: Betrayal
Chapter 57: All For Love
Chapter 58: We Lost
Chapter 59: Grief
Chapter 60: Planets upon Planets
Chapter 61: Finding the Stones
Chapter 62: Vanaheim
Chapter 63: Our Garden Of White Roses
Chapter 64: The Missing Stone
Chapter 65: Old Friends
Chapter 66: Reunion
Chapter 67: Timeless
Chapter 68: The Final Stone
Chapter 69: Endgame
Chapter 70: You Cant Change The Inevitable
Chapter 71: Memory
Chapter 72: "Out of Time."
Chapter 73: "But Never, Out Of Love."

Chapter 40: Disbelief

633 14 10
Af AislynMarie_

You gasped as you came to the surface of the water.

As you looked around you were dragged back underwater. Hela try's to stab you. Just barely missing.

As her hold on you loosens, you swim to the top. You gasp loudly.

"Y/n!" Thor called out from the rainbow bridge.

"Thor-"

You were pulled under once more, a large blade penetrating your thigh. You gasp. The cold, Asgardian water flooded your mouth as you choked.

Your breath was fading as you felt yourself grip Hela again, teleporting the both of you again.

As the water and coldness subsided, you roughly hit the warm Asgardian soil.

You choked up water and then grasped the handle of the blade in your thigh. You screamed as you pulled it out. Throwing it to the side.

You gripped your thigh, shutting your eyes tightly and the searing pain grew.

Hands grabbed the back of your neck, lifting you to your feet.

———
Thors POV.

As I shouted down from the rainbow bridge, I watched her get pulled under again.

Jumping into the water would be suicide. The height was exponentially higher than before. Let alone hitting the sharp rocks below was a factor.

Thor watched helplessly as Loki gripped the side of the bridge, waiting for her to rise to the surface again.

Loud screams came from the palace. Thor looked to the noise as Loki stood quickly and dashed to the sound.

Fenrir quickly jumped in front of him. Stopping both of the brothers from running to her.

"If this dog doesn't move I'm going to rip it to shreds." Loki sneered. Fenrir growled and stepped closer, causing Loki to stand his ground.

"Loki don't." Thor demanded.

———
Lokis POV.

I knew that voice anywhere.

She could be dying and the only thing keeping me from her is this dog.

"Loki don't." Thor pleaded. Almost in defeat.

He looked to his brother, tears in Thor's eyes.

Loki grit his teeth and turned back to Fenrir.

"Do something." Loki sneered. Fenrir looked away as he heard another scream come from her direction.

He dashed across the bridge, to her.

———
Your POV.

Hela drops you, shutting your eyes in pain as you collided with the ground. You slowly got to your feet. Hela stood opposite of you. In awe of your survival.

You looked to her.

"This is not your home." You whispered, out of breath and grimacing at the pain in your thigh.

"But it will be." She teased.

With your powers, you pick up some debris on the ground from the castle around you. Her eyes widen. She forms two swords.

You fling the debris at her, she blocks them diligently. But one rock hits her leg, causing her to fall to one knee.

You sigh, breathing heavily.

"You can't win this." You state. She looks to you and nods.

"I'll die trying." She stands and swings her sword your way. You use your magic to catch the blade. As you toss it up, it flies out of her hand.

As Hela tries to strike, you take the upper hand, throwing your flames her way, gaining lei way and towering over her, you are both of it breath, but far from done.

Your power comes to release as it shakes to ground you stand on. You cast a dagger in your hand, Hela smirks.

Pain rushed to your abdomen. You gasped and looked down, seeing one of Helas Swords pierce your stomach.

"If I die," She whispered, twisting the blade into your stomach. "So do you." She states.

You cried out in pain as a second blade pierced your chest, going all the way through.

You stab her in the chest with the strength you have left, just centimeters from her heart. You cast a large blue flame. Sending her back and blasting her off the rainbow bridge.

You stepped back, in shock. You looked down at your wounds. Your eyes grow blurry. You rip out the sword in your abdomen.

You scream louder than before. You reach for the wound but your magic refused to work.

You fell.

Loud, steps shook the ground beneath you.

"Fenrir!" You yelled. Tears falling to the side of your temples. The shaking of the ground quickly stopped.

Soft whimpers caused you to turn your head to the side. He was laying by your side, using his nose to move your hand.

You couldn't feel anything.

Everything was numb.

Fenrir slowly kneels, allowing you to get on top. You pull as much strength as you can and crawl to him.

You gasp and stop, laying back down.

"I- I can't..." you whisper, tears flooded your eyes. The pain was more that you had ever felt before.

He whimpers once more, crawling more towards you.

You looked up at him and tried one more time. You crawled, gasping in pain each time your wounds scrapped the gravel.

You grab Fenrirs long black hair on the back of his neck, allowing him to carry you, he slowly comes to a stop, just in front of the castle in the grass.

You rolled off of his back and laid, gasping for air. You chocked on blood that now filled your lungs.

It was all too much.

——
Lokis POV.

As Fenrir disappears into the castle's debris, another painful scream is heard. He turned to Thor. Who shared a empathetic glance.

Loki cocked his head slightly to the side. Thors eyes widened.

"Loki no-" Thor dashed to him but Loki had already began to sprint to the sound of the screams. He noticed to large black wolf coming to a stop.

A body rolls off the back of him.

Her.

———
Your POV

As you laid on the ground, your thoughts become tangled, like the hair in your face as it mats with the blood from your cuts gathered on your face. You could feel your limbs go cold as everything became numb.

Hela was gone, but at what cost?

You lay on the grass, just before the castle where Fenrir had taken you, the ringing in your ears continue as you feel the weight lift off of your shoulders and your eyes water.

The pain in your stomach scurries to your chest as someone pulls out the remaining sword.

Loki's face fields your view, he pleads as he utters out apologizes, though you couldn't hear them, you lightly smiled as his tears fell to the flooring around us.

Tears fall to the side of your cheeks, into your hair. You grasp for any air that you could find while Loki continues to walk you through it, but soon became quiet and his brows furrowed.

You have never known Loki to cry. You slowly took the time to reach and wipe the remaining tear that almost fell from his cheek. He grew more melancholy with your touch.

Knowing he didn't deserve it.

This is exactly how you'd want to leave this world. You couldn't see it any other way.

Even if you were leaving on bad terms, he had to know you loved him regardless.

———
Loki's POV

There was blood everywhere. As he pulls the blade from her chest, blood fills the grass below. He gasped slightly before he apologizes, they only came as soft whispers.

"Is this painful enough?" She coughed, slightly smiling. Blood slowly running down her nose and forehead. Loki quickly shook his head.

"Stop it." He whispered angrily. He was tense. Frustration and sadness washed over him.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered. Warm tears running down her cheeks.

As her eyes flashed a magnificent E/C, before the bright colors he fell familiar with, became dull. Her smile faded, as he watched the color drain from her face.

Her hand drops from his face. Falling to the grass below.

He knew it was coming, but the acceptance was harder than he sought it out to be.

"Why aren't you warming up?" He whispered angrily. He grit his teeth as he slid his legs under her, coddling her cold, limp body in his lap.

He noticed the blood and cuts that covered her beautiful face. He shook his head and cocked his brows as if he was in disbelief. He'd never seen her like this.

"It's alright y/n." He placed a finger to the large gash a over her eyebrow, his fingertip glowed green. After a moment he grew frustrated.

It wasn't working.

He scoffed and placed his finger back on the wound to try and heal it once more, as it sparked, he pulled his hand away, it shocked him. He pulled away, he scanned his finger and turned back to her, the gash remained.

"I've never known my powers to not work on the sleeping-" he paused and scanned her face.

"How odd." He whispered with a small laugh behind it, as if she too, would laugh along.

He slowly picked her body up in his arms and carefully carries her back to the bridge.

Fenrir close behind. Soft whimpers came from the wolf.

The long walk came to a stop as he makes it to Thor and a ship, his face drops at the sight.

———
Thor's POV

As Thor watched his little brother carry the body of his best friend, he paced over slowly, Loki laughed and looked to the ground while shaking his head.

"She's just tired." Loki stated. As Thor moved closer he noticed the lack of color in her face.

He noticed how badly Loki's hands were trembling. As Thor placed a warm hand to her face he quickly retreated with how ice cold she had gone. He looked to his brother with remorse.

"Brother-"

"I know what you're going to say." Loki cut in and stopped Thor from his sentence. He looked up with tears in his eyes.

"Don't."

Loki slowly carried her past Thor. He pondered the questions he wished he didn't have to answer.

———
Loki's POV

Asgard was in shambles. Not yet destroyed, but it might as well have been. The love of his life sits in his arms as he carefully walks away from the inevitable.

Not one, but two homes, destroyed within hours. He paced to a room on the large ship.

He slowly placed her body on the cold satin sheets of the small bed, made for one. He smiled as he wrapped her up in silence. He stepped back and looked at the scene in front of him.

Her body was under the covers of the bed, her scent still lingered. His heart was breaking more and more with every tear that fell from his eyes. As he let out a small choke of an apology he fell to his knees. He gripped her cold hand in his while asking for forgiveness.

"Please-" he whispered with tears in his eyes.

"Please don't do this." He asked again, he bit his lip to refrain from letting out another sound. With no response he laid his head back down onto her limp hand and sobbed. He slowly looked back up while the pain in his chest spread.

"I told you, I'd follow you to the end of the nine realms..." he stated sadly while caressing her cold, pale cheek.

"Please don't make me follow you to this one." He whispered bitterly as a tear jerked his eye. He sniffled and shook his head harshly. With no response he became angered, but the sadness he felt quickly overwhelmed him.

"I told you to go." he said quietly. The betrayal he felt could never compare to the grief he was feeling at the same time.

"I told you to go..." he whispered again, while his eyebrows furrowed to a sad gaze.

"Why couldn't you just listen?" He asks, this time with more anger behind it.

There was a knock at the door, Loki's sorrowful tears stopped. The last tear that fell was in anger, he gritted his teeth before answering.

"Brother are you-" as Thor opens the door, Loki turns around, sitting on the ground and leaning against the bed frame.

"Come to tell me of the obvious?" Loki asked harshly. Thor walked in and slowly closed the door behind him while shaking his head. He too mourned, for his best friend. He lost her too.

As Thor slowly sat down next to Loki on the floor the two brothers had no words to share.

Only grief.

Loki's lip quivered and he bit it in frustration. The emotions he felt were, utterly, undoubtedly heartbreaking and overwhelming.

"You love her, don't you..." Thor asked softly. Loki wasn't frustrated with his question as he would have been, if he were trying to hide it.

"More than anything." Loki stated coldly.

That's the moment Thor knew. This was more complicated than losing a childhood friend, this was bigger that having a throne, way bigger than being a King.

Bigger than knowing the truth.

"You'd do anything to get her back?" Thor asked Loki while fiddling with his fingers. Loki's gaze shot to his brother and he grew upset.

"This is not the time to be hopeful." He spat. The anger he had was growing along with the blood that now, boiled inside of him.

Loki stood up angrily and stood by the doorway. Thor quickly got to his feet and began to stop Loki from leaving.

"Brother listen-" as Thor went to grab Loki hand to hold him back, Loki spun around.

"She is gone!" He yelled aggressively.

"Loki-"

"Don't." Loki bitterly protested. His bottom lip quivered again. Tears formed at his eyes and his furrowed his brows in frustration.

"Don't give me hope." He stated before turning away and leaving the room.

This was now, the end of his world.

——

A/n: this chapter is actually really sad, but regardless, I know I said I'd post on Wednesday, but I really couldn't help myself. I needed to get this chapter out 😂

As the options have been greatly narrowed down, now is the final time I will ask you to choose carefully for the options below.

(Special thank you to those on my Instagram who have messaged me on there asking for specific characters!)

The character/ characters you choose can greatly effect the story from here on out, good or bad. Choose carefully and be prepared for the next few chapters!

This story is far from over.

choose wisely <3

Comment for Natasha-

Comment for Bucky-

Comment for Strange-

Comment for Valkyrie-

——

Happy holidays everyone and have an amazing week 🖤

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

116K 3.2K 50
A slow burn fanfic. Marvel, Loki x reader Y/n = your name E/c= eye colour H/c= hair colour This is my first fanfic so please be nice ;) , construct...
43.4K 1.6K 11
LOKI X READER - A SLOW-BURN ROMANCE & DARK FANTASY CHARACTER-DRIVEN STORY - COMPLETED You and your family are unexpectedly invited to a celebratory f...
4.7K 203 7
You've been assigned as Loki's handler and things have been going very well. Almost too well, actually...you find out that Loki has fallen for you an...
19K 523 21
Y/n doesn't have a good home situation. Her life is really difficult and she doesn't know what the purpose of her life anymore. But when y/n goes liv...