Zombies 6

Por Meloetta246

It's been 4 years since the Lupus pack rejoined the Lykensen's, reuniting their packs after 100 years of sepa... Más

Wedding Bells (Prologue)
A New Adventure
Rise and Shine
Life's Little Moments
Descendants News
When Nightmares Become Reality
The Long Road Ahead
Support
Jitters
The Proposal
Mal and Ben's Royal Wedding!
Bitter-Sweet Moments
Severing Ties
Moment of Truth
Addison
Catching Up
Reality Comes Crashing Down
Family Reunion
New Life Brings Great Joy
Home
Baby Steps
Precious Moments
Bundle of Joy
Meet and Greet
Wolfie
Welcome Home
Little Wolves: Part 1
Little Wolves: Part 2
Epilogue
Descendants 4 Announced

Bitter-Sweet Moments Cont'd

762 16 16
Por Meloetta246

"Bree....what just happened?"

Bree opened and closed her mouth several times but no words came out. She didn't want to say it, saying it would make it even more real. But she had seen the monitor flatline. Zed's heart had stopped.

"Bree..." Addison's voice quivered. "Please tell me this isn't happening. Please tell me his heart didn't just....that he isn't...."

"Oh Addy." Bree whispered sympathetically, pulling her into a hug. "I'm so sorry."

Tears pooled in Addison's eyes as she pulled out if Bree's grip, shaking her head furiously. "No. He's not dead. No one has come out of that room to tell us he's dead, so he can't be dead. Right? He has to still be alive. He has to be."

Addison paced back and forth, tears running down her cheeks as she ranted quietly, trying to convince herself that what they had seen wasn't true.

Bree watched helplessly, trying to decide what to do. Addison was in a pregnancy hormone-fueled panic. She knew that all the stress wasn't good for the baby, but how could she calm her best friend down?

Bree pulled out her phone, scrolling quickly through her contacts. She needed help. Bonzo? No, his students were performing a band concert tonight. Missy and Dale? No, they were at a council dinner, that's why she came here to be with Addison in the first place. Bucky? No, he was out with Ziva. Zevon and Zoey? She probably should call them but she doesn't have their number. The werewolves? No, they didn't even have phones. Wait, that's wrong. One of them does.

Bree tapped the contact on her screen and sighed in relief when a voice answered on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Wyatt." Bree's voice was stern, but laced with concern. "Zed has taken a turn for the worse and Addison is in a panic. I really need someone to help me calm her down. All this stress isn't good for the baby."

The line was quiet then Bree heard four words she never thought she'd be so happy to hear.

"I'm on my way."

🐾

The doors on the elevator couldn't open fast enough as Wyatt anxiously made his way off the elevator and into the ICU.

Bree's call had concerned him, and he could tell from her voice that things were pretty bad. But nothing could have prepared him for the scene currently playing out in front if him.

Addison was pacing back and forth. Her face was stained with tears as she shook her head vigorously, clearly refusing to listen as Bree, who looked completely exasperated and desperate, continued to try and reason with her.

Wyatt walked over and positioned himself in Addison's line of sight, catching her off guard. She froze in her tracks, staring at him as if she were unsure he was real.

Wyatt took a few steps towards her then opened his arms wide. If words weren't working, then maybe a silent gesture would.

Addison's face crumbled as she collapsed into Wyatt's waiting arms, sobbing into his chest.

"I've got you, Addy. I've got you." Wyatt whispered, wrapping his arms around her and holding her tight as she cried. He looked over at a relieved Bree who mouthed a silent 'thank you'.

Wyatt nodded before turning his attention back to his very distraught and emotional sister, rubbing her back in an attempt to soothe her. "What happened?"

Addison was too choked up to respond so Bree filled him in. "We were visiting Zed and his heart stopped. The doctors are with him but no one has told us anything. We don't know what's happening or if he's okay."

"Oh man." Wyatt replied, looking down at Addison. "When you said he got worse, you really meant he got worse, Bree. And the doctors haven't told you anything?"

"Nothing." Bree replied sadly, looking towards Zed's door. "People have gone in, but no one has come out."

Wyatt sighed. "Well eventually someone has to, right? So let's just focus on what we can control right now."

Bree nodded as Wyatt looked down at Addison. That's when he noticed something odd. The moonstone around her neck was flickering rapidly.

"Addison." Wyatt said calmly, not wanting to alarm her. "Look at me a moment."

Addison looked up at him. Her eyes were flickering rapidly between glowing yellow and her normal blue. "What is it? Is something wrong?"

"No." Wyatt lied as he released his hold on Addison and helped her sit down in a nearby chair before sitting beside her. "But you need to calm down. Let's get you cleaned up and take a few deep breaths okay?"

Bree dug around in her purse then pulled out a pack of tissues, handing then to Addison. "Here Addy."

"Thanks." Addison sniffled, taking the pack of tissues and pulling some out to clean herself up.

Addison wiped her face, her hands trembling from all the emotions she was feeling. She leaned back in the chair and took a few deep breaths  before looking over at Wyatt. He watched as the flickering in her moonstone and eyes slowed down with each breath. Once it had stopped completely, he sighed in relief.  "Thank goodness."

"Thank goodness for what?" Addison asked in confusion.

"That you calmed down." Wyatt replied. "Your eyes and moonstone were flickering between glowing and not glowing. You were so stressed out that you were stressing the baby. I know you're worried Addison, but you have to think about your welfare and the welfare of your baby."

Addison nodded, placing a hand on her stomach before meeting his gaze. "How do you know the baby was stressed out?"

Wyatt ran a hand through his hair. "When a wolf is pregnant, their moonstone is not only connected to their thoughts and emotions, but the baby's as well. When you were really upset, your eyes and moonstone were flickering between glowing and not glowing. That's the baby's way of showing you that they are getting stressed out. You have to be careful Addison. Too much stress is bad for you and the baby."

"I'm sorry." Addison whispered. "I'm just scared Wyatt. I don't want to lose Zed."

Wyatt wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "I know, and it's okay to be concerned, you just can't get so worked up."

Addison nodded. "I'll try to remember that."

"Mrs. Necrodopolis?"

The three of them looked up to see a doctor standing in front of them. Addison immediately straightened up in her chair and faced him. "Yes? What happened in there? Is my husband okay?"

The doctor's face remained serious as he spoke to them. "We lost your husband's heart beat for a period of time. We initiated resuscitation procedures and determined that it was caused by a blood clot that got stuck in his heart. We gave him medication to dissolve the clot and continued resuscitation until his heart beat was back at a steady rhythm. He is stable now, but only time will tell if there is any permanent damage."

"How did he get a blood clot?" Addison asked.

"He's been comatose for two months." The doctor explained. "The lack of movement slowed his circulation, combined with his low resting heart rate due to being a zombie, it created the perfect conditions for a clot to form. Not to worry though, we've started him on a blood thinner to prevent any more clots from forming."

"If you knew this could happen why didn't you start him in a blood thinner earlier as a preventative?" Addison asked.

"We were waiting for his injuries and surgical incisions to heal so that the blood thinner wouldn't cause him to bleed out." The doctor explained. "We also miscalculated that being a Zombie would make him more susceptible to forming blood clots."

"You miscalculated?" Addison snapped. "Zed could have died! You should have been monitoring him more closely!"

"I'm sorry Mrs. Necrodopolis." The doctor replied. "We are not used to having Zombie patients here. We are all doing the best we can with the knowledge we have."

Addison stood up, glaring at the doctor. "Well study harder, or get someone up here who knows what they are doing, because I'm don't want my husband's life to be put at stake again."

With that Addison stormed off towards Zed's room, not bothering to hear the doctor's response.

Wyatt and Bree shared a look before following after her. When they reached the door they found Addison already sitting at Zed's side, holding his hand.

"You okay?" Wyatt asked.

Addison nodded as she pulled out her phone. "Yeah, I'm better now that I got to see Zed."

"You look better." Wyatt agreed.

Addison hummed in response before looking down at her phone screen. Her eyes wandered over the screen before widening. "Uh oh."

"Uh oh?" Wyatt echoed. "What's an uh oh?"

Addison looked up and met his gaze. "Bucky's parents are coming to town and they want to meet Ziva, but they don't know she's a zombie."

Wyatt and Bree shared a knowing look. There was only one thing to say.

"Uh oh."

Author's Note

Need sleep. Enjoy chapter and for my Miraculous fans, enjoy this funny pic. I have Miitopia for my switch and I made all my people characters from Miraculous. Marinette gave Adrien a ring, which he loved, then what followed was hysterical. Just see for yourself:

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

74.5K 1.5K 15
Life in Seabrook is perfect now with the football game and the cheerleading championship coming up until the aliens invade the town. One of the alien...
2K 56 6
When Willow Laforeze and her pack are desperate to find the moonstone, they reveal themselves to the world of Seabrook. It has been a week since Wil...
1.4K 52 7
After finding the moonstone, saving her pack, and falling in love, Willow Laforeze's next challenges awaits her, getting into college. When her zombi...
8K 261 17
When your ten years old the only people in your world are your friends and parents, you're on top of the world and a day lasts a decade. That's how i...