The Sensible One (boyxboy) ✓

By BigNeptune

Max doesn't do ''flings'', he doesn't do messy and he doesn't like drama. He likes his guests to use coasters... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven

Chapter Eight

40.1K 1.9K 218
By BigNeptune

The minute his shoes were off and messily stowed away on my shoe rack he rose back up to his full height and looked down at me with a glare. It would have been far more sensible for him to glare at me in such a way so as not too look so aggravatingly attractive but as it was it was I almost felt more intimidated by how attractive he was than the dark look he was giving me.

"Who is he." He demanded as I attempted to side step him to get myself out from the corner.

My face was burning, not just from the knowledge that Jeff was now privy to the information that I had had a one night stand with a stranger, and someone far younger than me, but also because the longer I spent around him the more the prickle of electricity that seemed to hang in the air between us appeared to affect me. It was getting hard to breath around him. 

He stepped closer, towering over me. "Answer me."

"A friend." I replied through gritted teeth, subconsciously fanning myself lightly with my hand. 

"If he's just a friend why's he living with you? Why is out shopping for the two of you?" He genuinely looked outraged, and maybe he was upset by the idea that I had cheated on my partner.

It felt different, it felt possessive, and I should have been worried about it, instead I had this impossibly dangerous feeling that I was safe around him, that I somehow knew him better than to cross any boundaries.

I did not know him though, it was my brain playing tricks on me. However perhaps this odd feeling of overfamiliarity was something he was trying to get over too. Either way, though, it was unacceptable behaviour.

"He stayed last night because I was ill, he took care of me. That was all. I have no reason to be explaining this to you." I was sharp, outraged but not loud.

"You were ill?" He asked then, scrunching up his brows. "I should have been the one there for you." He growled.

"We are not dating!"

"You're mine." He hissed, leaning closer.

I took a deep breath, straightening my posture as I looked up at him. "You have no right to follow me around like this, how did you even follow me here? This is a gated community!"

He glared at me, taking another step closer. He was warm, I needed to get around him before I did something stupid. "I noticed the gate when I climbed over it."

"Oh for goodness sake." I rolled my eyes, not entirely sure what I was expecting from him. "Do I really need to explain to you how the law works?" I pointed at the door. "Leave."

"Are you still ill?" He changed the subject, but he looked genuinely distracted.

I frowned and shrugged uncomfortably, still struggling to hide just how badly I was burning up, the closer he got the worse it was, he was so warm, somehow that warmth must have been affecting me and worst of all that familiar scent just reaching out to me was intoxicating, I wanted nothing more than to move closer.

"You're ill..." He repeated slowly. "Fever?" He asked, eyes suddenly pinning me down, serious and thoughtful.

I nodded slowly.

"Since when?"

I swallowed. "It's too complicated to explain, I don't think you should stay... I'm sorry for not saying anything before leaving. I'm really not the type to sleep around like that, I'm unfamiliar with it and I don't know... I don't know what possessed me to."

His eyes flashed, he leaned in and pressed his hand against my forehead. "You're burning up." He whispered.

It felt as though there were little sparks when his hand made contact, even though I braced for that uncomfortable feeling, instead his hand felt good against my skin, relieving almost, so much so that no matter how inappropriate this was I found myself tongue tied and frozen.

"Since when were you ill?" He asked me, this time more forcefully, grabbing my shoulder.

I couldn't breath, I could tell I was getting closer to him by accident, as though my body was trying to edge closer while my brain wasn't looking.

I took a deep breath and shrugged him off me, slipping out from around him, brushing his shoulder as I escaped into the living room.

My house was one of those where the entrance lead straight into the living room, the shoe and coat rack in the left corner in front of the stairs and the kitchen straight up ahead from the living room. My living room was big enough for me to make some actual space between us, and I traversed it quickly.

He followed me just as quickly, grabbing my arm. "Answer me! It's important!"

I tried to shrug him off again, I wasn't weak but the man's strength was really something to marvel at. Instead I ended up being pulled closer and my will wasn't strong enough to keep away from him much longer.

I swallowed, taking a half step back on shaky legs. "Are you going to tell me it's something... transmitted?" I asked, my voice low, quiet, and horrified.

A live spark in his eyes jumped about when he suddenly grinned. "You're in heat." He said matter-of-fact, as though it were a good thing, or at least something I should be able to understand.

"I what?" I raised an eyebrow.

His voice was low. "Does your skin prickle? Do you feel dazed and hot?" He asked me, pulling me closer and reaching out with his free hand.

"Not exactly..." I lied, my horrified nervousness grew, if he knew about that then...

He gave me a pleased disbelieving look, long eyelashes meeting at the edges of his deep brown eyes as he squinted at me.

"You want me." He stated, a fact.

I looked up at him, his hair shaved at the sides and curls on the top. Light brown skin and dark brown eyes, lips that I recognised, knew how they felt on me. He was hard to look at, he was dazzling. If anything it begged the question what he wanted with me. Too young, too attractive, and too crazy. I'd never wanted someone so much.

"No reply?" He asked slyly.

I looked down, drawing a quick breath before looking back up at the eyes that would take it away. "I... I've already told you. It's not appropriate."

"Because of the age." He stated. "Not because you don't desperately want every inch of me in you again."

"You..." I flushed darkly and struggled for a second only to be hauled back in.

Then he wrapped his hand around the back of my next and I jumped slightly, his tips of his fingers ran up my neck and back down. A flurry of odd tingles made me flinch and tilt my neck sideways, trying to avoid it.

His eyes were bright, he pulled me closer, my heart raced like never before. "You belong to me." He murmured against my ear, and I trembled. Too intense, too intense, I needed to run from this.

I cleared my throat, breathing the cool air, trying to pretend there wasn't a desperate heat growing in me threatening to make me cling to him at any moment. "I think... I think we need some space from each other. And some tea..."

It wasn't good that Jeff left, I decided that using the logical part of my brain that was successfully shrinking in size around Lowell.

He tugged the short hair just at the back of my neck and forced me to put my head back to a tilt, then leaned in and pressed a kiss to my neck that sent a very obvious spark directly down to my nether regions. Another and I inhaled sharply, twisting my head, his hand on my hair got tighter, and he slowly covered my neck with kisses.

My brows pointed at my forehead, I couldn't stop him, because I didn't want him to stop, the sheer desire was almost suffocating.

Another kiss, this time on my jaw. He was watching my response, with eyes blazing, I felt them burn me up, couldn't look at him and closed my eyes to escape it.

His lips pressed against mine and I let out a sigh of relief.

The memory of our first night was still fresh on my skin, instead of apprehension there was a nervous tingle in my heel. I let my free arm link around him and he let my left arm go so that I could fully embrace him, which I did, and the sheer relief I felt was sweeping.

Finally the heat between the two of us seemed to mix and combine to form something more tolerable, something burning and intoxicating. Our lips moved gently against each other, and then less so, and the more aggressive it became the more weak I felt in my knees. I couldn't stop for breath, I was too distracted, wanted more, couldn't get enough. An indecent kiss, the kind that would give passer-by's heart attacks.

The curtains were open.

His hands ran up and down my back, up my neck and down to my ass, gripping me and causing me to flinch back in shock. Before I could say anything he kissed me harder, more dominating than before, more unrelenting, a line of saliva escaping from my mouth, as I was unable to stop to correct myself, to dial things back and make things any bit more appropriate.

My cock was hard as he gripped me again, I couldn't focus when I needed to, he felt too good, tasted too good, that comforting scent wrapping itself around me again. It was addicting.

I tried to calm my racing heart. I pressed my hands on his chest and pushed him back a bit and when I looked up at him next as he slowly released me from the kiss, I thought his eyes looked even more haunting and his teeth canines looked sharper. He was about five second away from growling at me, I could feel it.

I patted his chest, my own rising and falling visibly as I panted for breath. "Th... This isn't..." I swallowed, glancing away from him. "My bedroom is upstairs..." I whispered.

His narrow eyed expression turned into a sly grin, and I couldn't possibly have prepared for him to quite literally sweep me off of my feet. The moment he picked me up, lifting me off of the ground, I yelped in shock, my arms flailing anxiously.

"Upstairs it is..." He growled, walking far too fast and was impossibly perfect balance as he carried me in his arms towards the stairs.

"I can walk!" I yelped, gripping his shoulders, convinced he would have to drop me by accident soon, despite the apparently inhuman ease with which he carried me in the first place.

"Don't be scared, I won't drop you." He grinned.

It was hard not to admit that in a way I was enjoying the contact, but the fear of us both falling backwards was not the most enjoyable thing, certainly not improved by him taking the steps in twos. "Good lord, Lowell!"

When he reached the top, he kissed my lips, something warm and soft, and I lost my train of thought...

[A/N]   Biiig hugs to my supporters on patreon!  ♆

♆ Deadnerd4life ♆ MidnightMystery2000 ♆ sour_reads ♆ Alysse714 ♆ LadyQueen-Sama ♆ dianaluvsumore ♆ Nakiro ♆ bec212 ♆ cherry_100 ♆ Aylaxana ♆ lilay_lol ♆ Orphylia ♆ midnightdirrty ♆ heavenlyharold ♆ darkabyss7851Gsweet ♆ direfaery ♆ Onibun ♆ Annabun ♆ hasnoshamexx ♆ eatsyounu ♆ Echo_53 ♆ Kasilo ♆ Nightstalkingheroes ♆ lily122436 ♆ Alaskan_Outsider ♆ hannah_khatter ♆ pettyparysRuth ♆ Madara ♆ min_aholic

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

824 48 14
Date: 9/12/24 To whom ends up finding this, My Alpha isn't the kindest or most sympathetic wolf... I'm kept in the dark, quite literally. I'm...
54.7K 1.5K 29
Kai Ocean: 16 year old boy who's parents died when he was 11 due to their pack. An omega, which means he is seen as nothing but a slave. Gay and his...
1.1K 67 16
Landon's want for a fairy tale romance and children have always been important to him. Necessary even. He really thought he was going to end up with...
465K 24.7K 62
Milo loves sex, parties and alcohol. He adores the thrill of being young, wild and mateless. He has witnessed his family and friends find their mate...