Seven Days

By FanFicsbyKay

The Clique's Six annual reunion is coming up and so are a lot of secrets and changes. Can one week bring frie... More

A Friend of Mine
You Went Away
Things Weren't the Same
You Came Back
I Wanted To Kiss You
We Made Love

We Played a Game

123 10 15
By FanFicsbyKay

A/N: Thanks for all the love on this fic! 

TUESDAY

Riley finished packing her bag and grabbed her small toiletries. It was just for one night but for some reason, she packed as if she was going on a week-long vacation. Maya knocked on the open door and made a face at Riley.

"It's one night," Maya said as she read Riley's mind.

"I know but I just want to be prepared," Riley said as she pulled some items out of her bag.

"For what? A random pipe to burst five times?" Maya teased as she went through Riley's bag.

Maya found two wrapped gifts and smiled. Riley did always think of her friends, and Maya was grateful for that. Riley lost in thought, stopped pulling clothes out of her bag and her mind went back to Lucas. After he sent that text, Riley couldn't sleep, and she wanted so bad to text back. However, as the hours ticked by the less, it made sense to text back. Like he said he had been drinking, it could have been the alcohol.

"Where's your mind at Riles?" Maya asked as she placed the gifts back in Riley's bag.

"Hmm?" Riley asked as she closed the bag up.

"All morning you've been zoning out on me. Everything okay?" Maya asked.

"Yes," Riley lied.

"You're lying," Maya pushed.

"Okay ... Lucas called me last night," Riley said.

"Did you guys have phone sex!" Maya said.

Riley's mouth dropped in horror and shook her head furiously. How could Maya even suggest that the two would do that?

"What! No! Oh my god, why would you even say that Maya?" Riley groaned.

"Well, Josh and I-"

"If you finish that sentence I will never speak to you again," Riley exclaimed.

"You're all freaked out, what happened? Why did Huckleberry call?" Maya asked.

"I don't know, he was all weird sounding, and ... then he abruptly hung up on me. Then when I finally got into bed he texted me ... he loves me. I mean we're best friends, of course, we love each other," Riley said as she sat down on her bed.

"How did he text it?" Maya asked.

"He said ... I love you," Riley said.

"You or ya! There's a difference!" Maya said.

"You, what's the difference! I don't get it," Riley said.

"I think Lucas was admitting his real feelings," Maya pushed.

"Oh come on we haven't gone out in years, he meant it platonically! He had to," Riley said as she waved off the idea.

"A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts," Maya pushed.

"Platonic Maya, we are just friends, that's it," Riley shrugged.

"You wouldn't try again? You haven't gone out with anyone really since Lucas. Maybe a part of you is holding out for him?" Maya continued to push.

"Friends, we are all friends, can we head out? I want to decorate," Riley said as she got off her bed.

She tucked her hair behind her ears and Maya watched carefully. Riley was still lost in thought and Maya knew what Lucas had said meant more than Riley was letting on. However, the blonde nodded and allowed the quiet brunette to direct her out of their apartment.

Riley smiled as she hung the last streamer in the middle of the room. Maya opted to sit in front of the large glass windows with a drink and a grin.

"I could get used to this," Maya said as she took a sip.

"Luxury? As I don't know I'm the only one who sets up?" Riley said as she hopped off the chair.

"You chose to do all this, not me besides isn't everyone coming late?" Maya asked.

Before Riley could respond they both heard the beep of the door opening. Riley's stomach knotted at the idea of seeing Lucas so soon but a smile graced her face when she saw the visitor.

"Yall started the party without me?" Zay said, holding a suitcase.

Riley laughed and ran towards Zay. He caught her mid-leap into a hug and wrapped his arms around the happy brunette. The two pulled away and Riley smacked his arm playfully.

"Hart!" Zay said as Maya walked over and gave him a quick hug.

"You know the party doesn't start until you arrive Baubeinux," Maya joked.

"I'm guessing all of this is Sugar's doing?" Zay said as smacked a streamer.

"What? Is it too much?" Riley asked.

"Yes," Maya and Zay said in unison and laughed.

"But-"

"They will love it Sugar! We know how you get about special moments and events," Zay said and smiled at Riley.

Riley smiled back and then looked over to Maya who was pouring Zay a drink.

"Rooms picked?" Zay asked.

"Maya and I are sharing one, we left the Master room for Izzy and Farkle, you and ... Lucas can share the last one," Riley said and Zay raised an eyebrow.

"What?" Riley asked.

"Why did you say his name like that?" Zay asked.

Maya handed him a drink and smirked at Riley. Riley blushed and shrugged at Zay's questions and looks. She started to grab the garbage as Maya hummed to Zay to push. Zay grabbed his suitcase and disappeared behind a door to drop things off and came back as Riley shoved garbage into a bag.

"Did I miss something?" Zay asked.

"Yes!" Maya said as Riley disagreed.

"Spill," Zay said as he took a sip.

"Lucas sent Riley a text last night, he said I love you," Maya announced as Riley widened her eyes.

"Maya!" Riley accosted.

"Oooh is Rucas getting back together?" Zay teased as Riley rolled her eyes at the two teasing her.

"I think so, I mean who texts someone drunk, they love you, he's so going to make a move!" Maya said as Zay chuckled.

"One! He wasn't drunk, he had a drink. Two, we are just friends!" Riley said and pouted.

"Sure," Zay said and Riley groaned.

However, before Riley could start scolding the two they heard the door beep again. Riley's stomach knotted once more but relaxed when she heard the voices of Isadora and Farkle. The two had their bags and stopped short of the three.

"You're early!" Riley cheered and ran over to the two.

Maya and Zay placed their drinks down and walked over to the two.

"Oh wow, that's a lot of red," Farkle said as he looked at the decorations.

Riley giggled and opened her arms for Isadora to hug her. The smaller brunette happily squeezed Riley back and Riley smiled brightly.

"Surprise!" Riley cheered as she hugged Farkle.

Isadora waved to Maya and Zay who waved back. Farkle then greeted Maya with a hug, and a high five to Zay. The five looked at one another awkwardly until Zay clapped his hands.

"Enough of that awkwardness! Let's party!" Zay announced.

"What about Lucas?" Farkle asked and Riley could feel the blush rise to her cheeks.

"Guess Huckleberry is not done rounding up cows," Maya joked and Riley nudged her.

"How about you order room service dearest, and I will put our stuff away," Isadora said with a smile.

Farkle kissed her cheek and then walked over to the kitchenette to order some food.

"You guys have the big room!" Riley said as Isadora dragged their suitcases away.

"You blushed," Zay commented to Riley who gasped.

"Like really red," Maya added.

Farkle walked over and turned to the two who decided to pick on Riley.

"Are we talking about how Riley blushed when I said, Lucas?" Farkle asked as Riley's mouth dropped open.

"Okay look I don't know what you guys are up to but ... stop it! Just friends," Riley said.

"Is that all you can say? Just friends?" Maya asked.

"No, but we are, all of us, well except Farkle and Izzy," Riley said as Farkle smiled.

"I think you should talk to him," Maya pushed as Isadora walked back into the room.

She walked over to the group and interlocked her fingers with Farkle. She leaned her head on his shoulder, and Riley couldn't help but smile at them. Isadora was never big on affection or physical touch but she seemed so relaxed with Farkle. She wondered how they had been in the last year.

"What are we talking about?" Isadora asked.

"Lucas and Riley,' Maya said with a smirk.

"I didn't know there was a Lucas and Riley," Isadora said.

"Thank you, Izzy! There isn't, there is a Lucas, and there is a Riley, and they are just friends!' Riley said as Maya and Zay raised their hands in defense.

"Don't get so worked up Sugar, we're just teasing!" Zay said with an exaggerated pout.

"Lucas and Riley sitting in the tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Maya teased as knocks interrupted them.

"That should be room service, I ordered three pizzas and wings," Farkle said as Zay danced.

"I got it," Riley said as she hoped to get away from the teasing of her friends.

As she swung the door open fully expecting to see a hotel worker with a cart of food. However, she was met with a tall brooding blonde with intense green eyes that bore into her. Riley froze as Lucas half smiled at her with his bag dangling off his shoulder.

"Riles?" Maya called and peered over and saw Lucas.

"Oh this is going to be so much fun," Maya laughed as the rest of the friends peered over. The four started to laugh as Riley closed her eyes in annoyance.

"Hey," Lucas said.

"Hey," Riley responded.

After dinner, the six found themselves lounging around in the living space of the seat sprawled out in front of the glass window. Zay on his sixth slice sighed happily as he took his place back in the lounge chair.

"This is so cool," He commented as he pointed to the view of New York.

"Yeah thanks, Minkus for doing this for us," Maya added as she and Riley laid on the couch opposite of one another.

Farkle and Isadora were curled up in one another on the love seat while Lucas found a spot on the floor where he nursed a beer.

"Thanks for being my friends," Farkle said as Riley awed him.

"Okay, we're getting into sappy territory!" Zay said as he finished his slice.

"So what do you suggest we talk about then?" Maya asked him.

"Let's play a game!" Zay announced and Maya matched his gleam with an agreement.

"Yes!" Maya cheered.

"Like monopoly?" Riley inserted.

Zay and Maya raised their eyebrows at the timid brunette before launching into laughter. Riley shrunk in her seat and sighed. They had been drinking, and now the two troublemakers wanted to stir the pot. She wondered if they would play a game where she had to be partnered with Lucas. She slyly glanced at the blonde who wasn't even paying attention. His gaze on the skyline, and jaw clenched. Since they said their hellos, he's been pretty quiet and Riley hoped he was okay. She knew something was off since last night when he called and said ... those words.

"Like Truth or Dare?' Zay said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Aren't we a little old for that?" Farkle said as Zay faked gasping.

"Never! Besides, it's been a year since we all really caught up. What's a better way to learn about our friends than invasive questions and drastic dares?" Zay said simply.

"I'll play," Isadora said as she sat up.

"Wow, Izzy is in! Come on guys let's play," Maya said and clapped her hands.

"Okay," Farkle said with a shrug.

"Riles? Huckleberry?" Maya asked.

Riley snapped her gaze from Lucas and was hesitant to agree. However, she heard Lucas agree and knew she had no choice but to join her friends. She nodded and Maya directed them all to sit on the floor like Lucas. The others sat on the floor criss-cross and Maya grinned at Isadora.

"Izzy! Since you were so eager to play! Truth or Dare?" Maya asked.

"Truth, I don't think I am ready for a Maya Hart dare," Isadora said.

"How far have you and Farkle gone? Like tell us a knock your socks off, we never saw it coming secret," Maya said.

Isadora made faces as she thought of something to say. Both Zay and Maya were eager to hear what the tiny girl had to say. She was pretty much a closed book, the one in the group who was honest but kept things close to her chest.

"Uh well this is Farkle's secret too," Isadora began.

"Oh my god you guys did something nasty," Zay said and Riley reached over to pinch him.

"What they did!" Zay said in defense.

"It's okay," Farkle reassured Isadora.

"We're getting married!" Isadora said and pulled out a small silver chain around her neck. Dangling was a silver band with a black stone in the center, surrounded by small diamonds.

"What!" Riley screamed and she reached over to see the ring on the necklace.

Maya leaped forward and looked at the ring too before smacking Farkle.

"How could you guys not tell us! When! How?" Maya said as Isadora smiled.

"That wasn't the question Maya," Isadora teased as Maya playfully glared at Isadora.

"Congrats you two!" Zay said as he raised his beer in the air.

"What's the stone?" Riley asked.

"A black diamond, very rare, just like Izzy," Farkle said and Isadora blushed.

"Okay gag!" Maya said which made everyone chuckle but Lucas.

"My turn! Zay! Truth or Dare?" Isadora asked.

"I don't know, chipmunk you can be scary so ... truth," Zay answered.

"When was the last time you hooked up with someone," Isadora asked as Maya grinned.

"That's my chipmunk-gopher!" Maya said as they turned to Zay.

Zay sighed and took a long sip from his beer. He placed the beer down and rubbed his hands on his jeans. Riley could tell whatever he was going to say was big. He looked completely nervous and Riley wondered why.

"Yesterday, um with my ... boyfriend," Zay said as they looked at him inquisitively.

"You're gay?" Maya asked.

"Bi-sexual," Isadora answered.

"I came out to Izzy by accident last year but she's right I'm bi," Zay said.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Riley asked.

"Nerves, plus I have been seeing the guys for just a few months, I wasn't sure how serious we are. He's in the city too," Zay said and Maya hugged Zay.

"Happy for you kid, what's his name?" Maya asked.

"That wasn't the question Hart," Zay teased as he repeated Isadora's comment from earlier.

"God you guys suck," Maya said as everyone chuckled.

"Hey, Golden Boy! Your turn, pick Luke, truth or dare?" Zay said and Riley could feel her heart beating in her chest.

"Oh um dare I guess," Lucas said as he sipped his beer.

"I dare you to read the last text you sent ... that was to a girl," Zay pushed and Riley glared at Zay.

"That's it?" Lucas asked as he pulled out his phone.

"Yep," Zay said as Maya giggled.

"See you soon Mama," Lucas said as Zay frowned.

"No fair, that's your mom!" Zay accused

"She's a girl, Zay," Lucas said and smiled.

"No fun Huckleberry, it's your turn," Maya said.

"Okay, Shortstack, truth or dare?" Lucas asked.

"Dare!" Maya said with no hesitation.

"I dare you to tell us a secret, a secret not even Riley knows," Lucas said and Riley felt her heart skip a bit at her name.

"Uh," Maya hesitated and glanced at Riley.

Riley was surprised Maya even had a secret from her. They had promised years ago to never keep anything from one another. The only time the two tipped toe around one another was when Josh was involved. Riley wondered if they were breaking up, Josh hadn't been around much but Riley chalked that up to work.

"Come on Maya," Lucas pushed.

"Josh and I are moving in together," Maya said and Riley made a face.

"What?"

"Josh and I are moving in together," Maya repeated.

"After we graduate, right?" Riley asked.

"In two months, before senior year starts," Maya said and played with her fingers.

"When were you going to tell me!" Riley snapped.

"This weekend I swear, I was just waiting for Josh so we could tell you together," Maya said and sighed.

"Wow! So courtesy! So, what? I am just supposed to figure out the rent! We made a deal to save up and complete all four years together," Riley said.

"Guys it's just a game," Zay warned.

"No I would help pay a bit until you found a roommate," Maya said and threw her hands up in defeat.

"I can't talk to you right now!" Riley snapped and got up.

"Riles come on, we're hanging out with our friends! Don't go," Maya said but Riley stomped away

Riley didn't say another word but walked past her friends towards her room. She slammed the door shut and crawled into her bed. She glanced over to Maya's sides and groaned. A part of her knew she was overreacting but another part of her felt lost. First Lucas and his text, Zay's new secret boyfriend, Farkle, and Izzy getting married. Everything was changing and changing too fast.

When Riley woke up she saw Maya asleep in her bed and the darkened skies. Riley grabbed her phone and saw that it was two in the morning. A groan left her lips as she knew that her sleep was going to be off for the rest of the night and got out of bed. She could sneak into the kitchenette, get a snack and maybe watch something on the television. A part of her wanted to be rude and wake Maya as she left. However, she tip-toed out of the room and towards the kitchenette. She jumped when she saw the light on and Lucas at the island countertop. He was eating a bowl of cereal and dressed in his pajamas

"Sorry," Riley whispered and Lucas smiled.

"You didn't wake me, did I wake you?" He asked as Riley shook her head no.

"Throwing a tantrum at seven in the evening and taking a nap really throws your whole sleep pattern off," Riley said.

"I'm sorry," Lucas said as Riley walked over to the fridge.

She didn't know what he was apologizing for. He wasn't the one abandoning her, but Riley knew neither was Maya. She wondered if it was for daring Maya or ... the text from the night before.

"For what?" Riley asked.

"Making you and Maya argue, I'm sorry I honestly thought it was going to be a gross thing about Josh, I didn't know she was moving," Lucas said and played with his cereal.

"It's fine," Riley said and noticed Chinese food containers.

They had ordered food as she slept. She noticed her name scrawled on a container and pulled it out. Lo Mein. Riley opened it and grabbed some chopsticks off the counter. She pulled them apart and started to pick at the cold noodles.

"Want to warm that up?" Lucas asked.

"Not really," Riley said while playing with the noodles.

"So, how are you?" Riley asked and Lucas seized up.

"Good," He said and placed his bowl in the sink.

Riley realized she hit a nerve and backed off. She grabbed her container of noodles and walked over to the couches. She plopped on the couch and turned on the television. As she scrolled through the channels she settled on some old Looney Toons. She fully expected Lucas to go back to his room but he sat down right next to her. Her heart started to race and she tried to focus on Bugs Bunny.

"How are you," He asked his gaze on the television.

"Well I was good until my best friend announced she was abandoning me," Riley said and Lucas turned to her.

"I'm sorry Riles," He said and she smiled as the nickname left his lips.

"You haven't called me that in forever," Riley said.

"I'm sorry about that too," Lucas said.

"It's fine, people drift," Riley said and she turned to him.

"I didn't want that for us, especially us," He said and she smiled.

"You know you never got to go?" Lucas said.

"What?" Riley asked.

"Truth or dare, you didn't have a turn, want to play?" He asked.

"Oh I don't know Luke," She said and placed the noodles down on the floor.

"I'll go first, I choose the truth," He said.

She could feel that he was practically begging her to ask about last night. There was a sense of urgency in his voice but she was hesitant. As she bit her lip and thought of a question to ask but a safe one.

"Why did you call me last night?" Riley asked and Lucas smiled.

"I needed to hear your voice," Lucas said.

"That's it? It's supposed to be the truth," Riley asked.

"I need to hear your voice because I was going to make stupid decisions," Lucas said.

"What decision?" Riley asked.

"I dropped out of school," Lucas said simply and Riley's eyes widened.

"What! Lucas, why? Is everything okay?" Her questions flew out a mile a minute.

"Truth or dare, choose, truth or dare?" Lucas asked with a chuckle.

Riley didn't understand why he was changing the subject. She had just asked him important questions about his jaw-dropping news. However, they were playing a game.

"Oh um ... I don't know, dare?" Riley gulped.

She didn't know what possessed her to choose dare but she knew right now she couldn't choose truth. What if he asked about last night? What if he asked any emotional questions. She hoped he would choose something silly, like do a cartwheel holding her food or sing.

"I dare you to kiss me," He said as his voice deepened.

Riley was surprised that he would even ask her to. His voice had changed low but deep, and it gave her butterflies. She wanted to kiss him, she wanted to kiss him badly but she didn't move. He didn't move either and she knew he wouldn't do anything unless Riley gave him consent. She bit her lip and closed her eyes. She leaned up and gave him a soft kiss. She wanted to pull away but her body told her no. Instead, she turned her head and deepened the kiss.

Lucas's hand found its way towards the back of her head and pulled her closer. She sighed against his lips as her fingers found the seam of his shirt. Her fingers crawled up his chest and she moaned. It sent Lucas into a frenzy and he pulled her on top of him. Their kisses became feverish and frequent. Neither pulled away from one another, fear of coming to the realization of what was going on. They should have stopped but instead, they melted together. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 216 37
Riley and Lucas are finally together, the sherpa made sure of that! Maya figures out she doesn't like Lucas in that way and everyone thinks they've a...
102K 2.4K 25
Riley left New York when Lucas decided to give Maya a chance. After two years away, she comes back, changed and ready. Riley finds her ex best friend...
97.1K 4.1K 43
Riley, Maya, Lucas, and Farkle stayed friends ever since they first met. Now it's twelfth grade. They have a teacher, Mrs. Jones, and she gives them...
4.4K 89 23
Follow Maya and Josh's journey as they take on graduation, a new business, engagement, ghosts from their past, weddings, death and so much more.