The Serene Butterfly 🦋 Jack...

By Inezephyr

"A single occurance, no matter how small.. can change the world forever" Althea Nishant was once a lost s... More

ೃ⁀➷ Legends ༊*·˚
ೃ⁀➷ The Guardian of Mystic Arts ༊*·˚
ೃ⁀➷ 2 ༊*·˚ First Meet
ೃ⁀➷ 3 ༊*·˚ Late
ೃ⁀➷ 4 ༊*·˚ Unexpected
ೃ⁀➷ 5 ༊*·˚ Facing Fears
ೃ⁀➷ 6 ༊*·˚ First Time for Everything
ೃ⁀➷ 7 ༊*·˚ Down We Go
ೃ⁀➷ 8 ༊*·˚ Lies and Betrayal
ೃ⁀➷ 9 ༊*·˚ Not All is Lost
ೃ⁀➷ 10 ༊*·˚ Last Light Last Chance
ೃ⁀➷ The End is Just the Beginning ༊*·˚
Moving on ~

ೃ⁀➷ 1 ༊*·˚ Return

7.3K 226 29
By Inezephyr

Her light footsteps echoed as she charged through the forest, her foot sprinting through some twig and leaves. She jumped in the air and teleported on top of a thick branch while watching the wild wolves ran by. She looked up at the sky to see a long lasting sight of the Aurora Borealis, also known as the Northern Lights. That's when she knew something was up.

She jumped down from the tree and on to the leaf-covered ground, glancing around carefully before releasing a relieved breath.

"Okay, here we go.."

She opened the palm of her hand gracefully and created a motion with her arms when a bright light shimmered in front of her, soon she shaped itself into a circular jade-colored portal. She exhaled and slowly walked through it, she smelt a familiar warm cozy scent and her foot.

She had arrived.

"Ho, ho, ho. Welcome Princess!", she heard a familiar voice.

Turning around she smiled at the sight of the tall-bearded man. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the loving Santa Clause".

"Ahh, you're humour is still intact. Good, good", he joked and she chuckled.

Going over to the man and giving him a quick hug that the man gladly returned. She is probably the sophisticated of the group, well-trained and focused. North saw her as a daughter, Tooth saw her as basically her sister, Bunny always mentions that only she can put up a challenge and she was one of the only ones that can understand Sandy, partly.

"Althea!", a soft gasp was heard behind us. She looked over and saw Tooth seconds before she speeded over to her and embraced her in a big hug. "Oh, i've missed you", she fussed and a few baby tooth flew around her.

She chuckled, "I missed you too, Toothie".

"Aye! Miss Butterfly is here!", the familiar Australian accent spoke out.

She smiled when she saw Bunny walking in with Sandy next to him, "Look who's hopping mad".

"Real funny, mate", he said, un-amused and she rolled her eyes.

Soon, they all began their serious business. Tooth was mumbling to her 'Fairies' in the near back, Bunny was painting eggs randomly and Althea was sat crossed-leg on the floor, sharpening her sword.

"This better be good, North", Bunny said to the tall man.

"I know, I know, but I obviously wouldn't have called you all here unless it was serious! The boogeyman was here! At the Pole!", he yelled and that got our attention.

Althea looked up from her blade and over to North, "Pitch Black..", she breathed out loud enough for them to hear. "Are you serious? He's here?".

"Yes... There was black sand covering the globe", North nodded.

"W-w-what, whadda' ya' mean black sand?", Bunny asked and she glances over at Sandy for a second who shrugged.

"And then- a shadow!", North finished.

"Hold on, hold on- I thought you said you saw Pitch!", Bunny paused, painting his egg.

"We-uh, not exactly..", he trailed off.

"Not exactly?! Can you believe this guy?", Bunny motioned towards him.

Sandy responded with a '?'

"Yeah, you said it Sandy", Bunny agreed and went back to painting his egg.

"Look, he's up to something very bad. I feel it... in my belly!", North reasoned.

"Hang on, hang on- Y-you mean to say, you summoned me here 3 days before Easter, because of your belly?!", he looked at the man in disbelief. "Mate, if I did this to you 3 days before Christmas-".

North laughed, merrily. "Please, Bunny, Easter is not Christmas!".

Bunny laughed wryly, "Here we go... North, I- I don't have time for this! I still have 2 billion eggs to finish up!".

"No matter how much you paint, is still egg"

As the two bicker, the white-haired girl just sighed, annoyed. She notices Sandy trying to get her attention and she got the message, "Guys!".

"Look mate! I'm dealing with perishables! Right, you've got all year to prepare!", Bunny argued.

"Guys!"

"Ontario, Sector 9, 5 canines, 2 molars, and 14 incisors-", Tooth was also busy with her own thing.

"Why are rabbits always so nervous?", North asked.

"Is that all in one house?", Tooth was still talking.

"And why are you always such a blowhard?", Bunny shot back.

"Tooth! Can't you see we're trying to argue?", North looked at her.

"Sorry! Not all of us get to work one night a year, am I right Sandy and Thea?"

Sandy just made an arrow pointing up.

"Guys!"

"Huh! Sandiego, sector 2-", Tooth continued.

"Come on, mate, Pitch went out with the Dark Ages, huh? We made sure of it", Bunny said.

"I know it was him. We have serious situation", North spoke, firmly.

"Guys, for crying out lou-", she was cut off again.

"Well I have a serious situation with some eggs!"

"Guys!", she finally broke and a sound wave erupted in a circular motion around her, silencing them. Sandy gave her a 'thank you' look. "We have a situation here!", she said, irritated.

They all looked up, "Ah! Man in Moon! Sandy, why didn't you say something?". she and Sandy look at each other and she just massaged her scalp. "It's been a long time, old friend! What is big news?".

The light shined down on their Guardian Emblem, with the shadow becoming Pitch.

"It is Pitch", Bunny said.

North pats his belly vigorously, "Manny, what must we do?", he questioned.

Guardian plate opens up to reveal a crystal embedded in rock rising from the floor.

"Uh guys, you know what this means?", Tooth asked with a smile.

"He's choosing a new Guardian...", North spoke.

"What?! Why?", Bunny asked.

"Must be big deal. Manny thinks we need help", North replied.

"Since when do we need help?", he asked and she cleared her throat, making her presence known again, glaring at the rabbit which shut him up. "Except you, of course".

"I wonder who it's gonna be? Maybe the Leprechaun?", Tooth speculated and Sandy agreed.

"Please not the Groundhog, please not the groundhog..", Bunny repeated.

The light above the crystal then shapes itself into a humanoid figure.

"Jack Frost", North muttered and Tooth's fairies swooned causing her to look at them strangely.

"Uh, I take it back. The Groundhog's fine", Bunny was taken back.

"Well a-as long he helps to, uh, to protect the children, right?", Tooth tried to remain optimistic.

"Jack Frost!? He- He doesn't care about children! A'ight, all he does is freeze water pipes and mess with my egg hunts! Alright? He's an irresponsible, selfish-"

"Guardian", North finishes.

"Jack Frost is many things, but he is not a Guardian. He's literrally the opposite of Althea!"

Althea sighed and rolled her eyes, "Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic Bun?", she raises her eyebrows at him.

"Huh?! Me?!", he looked at her shocked.

"No, i was talking to the elephant in the room.. well yes you!", she said sarcastically and rolled her eyes. "Everyone can change, we just need to be patient. The Man in the Moon chose him for a reason", she said to him and glanced at everyone in the room. She had always been one of the wises and kindest one, people and kids often come to her for advise and she'll gladly give them just that.

Bunny sighed, "Of course, you're always right?", he said, annoyed.

"Older, smarter, prettier. It's the drill", she smirked at him.

"Alright", North spoke up, catching their attention. "We'll have someone fetch him, Althea, why don't you try to.. you know, strike a conversation and charm him, normally", he looked at the white-haired girl.

"W-what? Why me?", she asked, confused.

"I mean, you said it yourself, Princess. Older, smarter, prettier", Bunny smiled. "He'll swoon over you easily", he said and she gagged.

"I'll do it, but if all else fails.."

"We'll force him in a sack", North finishes and she sent him a pointed look.

"I don't think that's a good ide-", she was interrupted by Bunny.

"That's a great idea, mate!"

"What?!"

"Good, Althea, go charm him", North said, ignoring her protest and walked away.

"How can i hear me?", she asked, frustrated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.6K 1.6K 12
The earth has always been considered alive, an ancient being with endless wisdom and patience. Ancient civilizations imagined the planet as a woman...
730 40 23
Kiara has wanted someone to understand her all her life. Sure, her father was the scary boogeyman under the bed and that scared everyone away, but sh...
27.7K 615 39
Ok this is my first time and the story may change but here it goes I'm doing a story on Jack Frost and a girl who has died and has become a powerful...
2.6K 104 20
Cover by WizuChan : Check out their art! https://www.deviantart.com/wizuchan The Guardians. Mythical figures created and chosen by the Man on the Moo...