A Gamer's Journey

Από somepersonwhowrites

After waking up in the middle of the night on his tenth birthday he found himself with box that says "Welcome... Περισσότερα

The Beginning
The Beginning Part 2
I don't like where this is going
I don't like where this is going Part 2
Hooray to being homeless
Hooray to being homeless Part 2
Didn't expect this to happen
The boring training arc
The Boring Training Arc Part 2
I always wanted a slave
I don't want to become a nerd, but I kind of want to
Yay for human trafficking
How many dungeons does this city have?
What a wonderful dungeon
I blame this all on Anenoid
What could possibly go wrong
What happened last night?
Why is this room on hard mode?
This isn't even fair anymore
Why do I hear boss music
This didn't go as planned
Never expected a deer
Homeless people are scary
I hate my siblings
Stupid ape
Introductions
Crickets have weird legs
Where's the armor?
A shower seems nice
Chemistry is fun
Go away Alice
Slime is fun
Happy Birthday!
Second try!
Memories
Greed
This is too much for me
Fast Travel time
Not born equal
The tutorial finally ends
I like where this is going
GTA but in real life
Deception
Segway go Brrrrrrr
Planning for stuff
Winter break!!!!
Plumbing and economics is also fun
It's Christmas!!
Driving is easy
IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU
Coffee sounds nice right now
Further into Greed
(1)Wild, Wild West: Bugs are cool
(2)Wild, Wild west: A streak of badluck
(3) Wild, Wild West The only danger was myself
(4)Wild, Wild West: Ivan needs a nerf
Short chapter for yall
Not a short chapter for ya'll
Hygiene is very important
Back to the normal plot
Final Destination was a good movie
Another training arc!
Just a few different things in one
A business man doing business
Do your actions really matter?
Just a bit of exploring
Smol Chapter
Misleading Heist
Haha funny number
Paranoia and isolation
Old Friends
The Gateway
The debt collector
Progression?
Scheming
HAHAHA!! MONKE!!!!
ahhh titles
Am Back
1-1
(0*0)
Back at square one
Mommy issues
Did a smart
Haven't been here in a while
Do a flip
Pre-boss fight
A Dying Flame
New Generation
names are hard part 2?
Farm
Horrors that are comprehensible
The barn find :)
ahhh
Start of a struggle
Sleep
Why these weights so heavy :(
Superior Genetics

Uh, Ivan????

29 3 0
Από somepersonwhowrites

Chapter 74

Thursday, May 21, 2014

4:10 pm

I stare at the old man as he walked to his desk with a cartful of boxes. I reach for the cart and pull the cart to my side as the man walked behind the counter. I tapped my foot as I waited for him to give me the check.

"That would be forty billion." My jaw dropped as I heard the number. I shift from side to side as I bring out all the money I had. My face made a sour expression as I counted all the money. I wasn't even close to a billion. Nuxiel only gave me a million, but he never gave me that much. I stare up at the old man.

"Why is it so much." The man looked at the cart and then back at me.

"You ordered enough for a city, of course, it's going to be expensive." I bite my lip as I stare back at my money. What Am'I supposed to do? I don't have enough money, I could kill him. Nothing is stopping me from doing that. But what if I need something from him again? He seems nice, but he could be ripping me off. I pinched my thumb as I thought of my next move.

The corners of my lips formed a smile, before the man could notice I forced myself to make a poker face. I put my money under the desk and put it under my Inventory. I faked muttering to myself as I brought out a stack of paper. Adrenaline raced through my body, I look up and use the wind to slam the front door. I used Wind Slash on the stack of paper as a loud bang filled the room. The man reached into his pocket and pulled out a tiny, gray pistol. I look down at the pieces of paper as the man started to aim his gun at the door. The pieces of paper were cut into long, wide rectangles. I take out ten one hundred dollar bills as I used Illusion to disguise the paper as one hundred dollar bills. I put five real one hundred dollar bills in the back and front. I look at the man and hold up the money.

"I think I have enough." I casually said. Sweat formed on my hands as the man put the gun back into his pocket. The man smiled as he started to count the money. He ran his fingers up and down the cash. He let out a satisfied grunt as he put the money into the cash register. I nervously swallowed as he nodded. "Was that enough?" I asked in a forced, confident voice.

"Yep," he responded in a gravely voice. I nod as I used the wind to lift the boxes into the air and into my arms. I quickly put the boxes into my Inventory and walked out of the store. My body shook with excitement as I walked through the streets. I can't believe I got away with that. I smile as a box appeared in front of me.

Thanks to repeated use of 3 skills, 3 skills leveled up!

Lvl26 Lying-> Lvl27(4%) Lying

Lvl24 Illusion -> Lvl25(2%) Illusion

Lvl 7 Wind Slash ->Lvl8(32%) Wind Slash

I smile and close the box. I started making my way towards my home. I looked around the stores wondering what I should buy. I turned a corner, my head suddenly bounced off a soft white surface. I wrinkle my nose as a tingly sensation ran up and down my nose. I look up and see an African American man standing over me. He was wearing a white tank top with a blue beanie on his head.

"Sorry," I muttered under my mouth as I walked around him and wrinkled my nose. I froze up as I felt a hard, thick hand grab my shoulder. I take out Tribute and tuck it into the backside of my pants. I look over my shoulder. The man was holding his phone, he took a glance at his phone and looked back at me. He put his phone into his pocket and let go of my shoulder.

"You killed Dominique right?" The man said in a casual voice. I stared the man right in the eye. I slowly shook my head. I reach for my gun as the man took out his phone again. He took a quick glance at his phone then looked at me again. The man rolled his eyes as he put his phone back into his pocket. "I'm not here to kill you. I lift my chin up as I grab the hilt of my gun.

"Then what are you here for?" The man smiled and took out a business card from his pocket.

"Well, I was wondering if you would want to talk about business." The man said as he stretched out his arm to give me the card. I stretch out my left arm while keeping my right arm on my gun. I back up a little a take a look at the card. The card read, "Jared's Used car Parts" along with a phone number under the name. I raise my eyebrow and hand the man, who I assume was Jared, back his card.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Don't you own a dealer?"

"Nope," I answered curtly. The man scratched at his beanie.

"But I thought you own Dominique?"

"I guess I do,"

"And he owns a dealer."

"Uh-huh."

"So technically, you own the dealer now."

"I wouldn't say that, but you're right." The man took a step towards me. I stared daggers into his eye as he got closer to me.

"Then let's talk about business."

"Shouldn't you be talking to Dominique? He's the one who knows what to do."

"I don't like him," Jared said through gritted teeth. I breathe in deeply in an attempt to calm myself. I don't trust him, he showed up out of nowhere and asked if I killed Dominique. I commanded Dominique not to tell anyone.

"So what do you want to talk about?"

"I just want to become business partners. I sell you car parts, you buy them. It's that simple."

"If it's that simple, then talk to Dominique about it." The man looked to his side with a nervous look before looking back at me. He stretched his arm and lightly grabbed my arm. He led me to the side and to a nearby alley.

"You buying parts from me, that's only one part of it." I shifted my feet and prepare to leave.

"I want you, to smuggle some stuff for me."

"Like?" Jared raised his hand and start to count his fingers.

Drugs, people-" before he could say anything else I stopped him.

"I don't care about drugs, but people?" The man's eyes were wide open, almost like he realized what he just said.

"We can cut that out, but we can do other things. Like guns!" I stared at the man for a few seconds. I felt my body burn up with disappointment in myself as I replied.

"How much would human trafficking pay?" I felt my chest swirl with guilt. I don't need the money, why Am'I doing this? I can just leave. I don't need this.

"A lot," was all the man said. I stared at the ground and think about his offer. He did say smuggle, nothing about human trafficking, if it's just helping people get into the country then I don't care. But he also didn't deny when I said human trafficking. Maybe I'll do, but if the pay is not enough I'll stop them.

"Sure, I'll do it," I said unsure of myself.

You wanna meet up Monday? Twelve PM?"

"I have school." The man looked shocked, then confused.

"Does that matter?" I quickly shake my head.

"Yeah!" The man rolled his eyes and took out his phone.

"What's your phone number then, we'll decide later." I grind my teeth and take out my phone. We exchanged numbers. I waved him goodbye as he walked out of the alley. I put Tribute back into my Inventory and walk out of the alley.

I start to my way towards the surface again, I heard a fast pair of footsteps come up behind me. I look over my shoulder expecting to see Jared. Instead of I saw a familiar lanky teenager happily run up behind me. I turn back around and ignore him. Maybe it's someone else that looks like that teenager I saw before. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I let out a deep sigh and turn back around. I stared at the teenager with a tired look.

"Didn't I meet you yesterday?" He happily shook his head up and down.

"Yeah, I didn't expect you to meet you here." The teen said in a shockingly happy tone. He looked so miserable before, why is he so quiet now. I noticed that the teen was wearing nicer clothes, not the rich kind of clothes but they were better than the rags he was wearing before.

"Uh-huh," I respond with disinterest. The teen stepped closer. I stretch out my arm to keep him away. He backed up with a confused expression. "Is there anything you need?" I asked in an attempt to get away from him.

"I just wanted to talk."

"About what?"

"Just talk, I didn't have anything in mind." I raise an eyebrow.

"Why?" I said with a high tone.

"Just to get to know you."

"I get that but why?" The teen frowned and looked at the ground.

"I have no one else." I looked at him with a look at pity. Of course, he has no one, he has all new freedom but he doesn't know what to do. I was like that when I got my powers. I'll help him, just a bit more.

"Do you have classmates you can talk to?"

"I don't go to school."

"Do you have a job?" I saw a tear run down his cheek as he responded.

"Every job I applied to wanted me to use Soul for the job." I fake a smile and try to cheer him up.

"If your Soul is not good enough, you could train it. I've seen people with really bad Soul work in a prosthetic shop. Just train it a bit and you'll be fine.

"I wouldn't know where to start." I stayed silent for a while. I can't really help him with Soul. If he was a demigod I might be able to help. The teen looked down at me with a nervous look.

"You think you could teach me?" He reached into his pocket and pulled out a stack of cash. His lips formed a nervous smile. "I-I know this isn't a lot for you, but... please?" He stretched out his arm to hand me the cash, I lightly push his arm to the side and shake my head.

"I can't, I don't have the time." He quickly put the cash back into his pocket.

"I'll do anything. I don't care what it is at this point. I just... want to do something." I tap my foot and think. Now that I think about it, it would be nice to have someone work for me. He doesn't look like he would try to trick me. Now that I'm going to be running a car dealer, it would be smart to have someone work for me while I do other stuff. He could keep an eye on Dominique too.

"How do you feel about working with cars and-" The teen's frown quickly turned into a wide smile at the mention of cars.

"I love cars! What are we doing? Painting, Selling, bodywork? I really want to paint the-" He hold out my palm and stop him from talking.

"If you let me finish, I was going to say smuggling." The teen's face quickly soured.

"Smu-Smuggling what?"

"That doesn't matter. Do you want the work or not?" The teen stared blankly at the ground.

"We'll mostly be working on cars though, right?"

"I don't know," I responded with a stern tone.

"Oh, I-I'll take it," he said in a quiet voice. I nod and take a step forward.

"What's your name," I commanded. He pointed to himself, it took him a while to respond.

"Zacharias." I nod and pull out my phone.

"Do you have a phone?" The teen shook his head. Before I could think of another way to contact, him he talked.

"What's your name?" I quickly respond with my name. He nodded as he looked around awkwardly.

"What's your address? I can find you when I need you." I ask Zacharias.

"I slept in an alley last night," Zacharias whispered with sadness in his voice.

"Then find a hotel or something." Zacharias shifted his weight from foot to foot as he looked down.

"Can I just stay at your place?" I slowly blink and stare at him. I could let him sleep on the couch, but I gave him a lot of money, why can't he just use that to get an apartment? Actually, I could tell Jana to teach him, Soul, it would be nice to have someone who can use Soul to be on my side. I just don't know if Jana will be serious about teaching him though. I haven't talked to her in a while, she lives with me but she always avoids me. I'm not mad that she avoids me, I did kill her then brought her back just to listen to me. But she wouldn't have a choice but to listen to me if I ask her to do something.

"I'll let you stay at my place, but you have to learn Soul." Zacharias smiled and quickly nodded. His smile faded as he responded.

"The thing is, my Soul, is so weak because I don't know how to use Soul." I grit my teeth and clench my fists.

"That's why I'm making you learn it," I said angrily through gritted teeth. Zacharias looked down and shyly nodded. I turn around and look over my shoulder to take a look at Zacharias.

He better not be wasting my time.

4:15 pm

I knock on Jana's door and look back towards the living room. I heard Jana shout, "what," clearly annoyed.

"Can I ask you something?" I shout back at Jana. I heard something slam against the wall, a few seconds after the door swung open. Jana looked down at me with a tired look.

"What do you want." She said in a whiney voice.

"Can you teach someone how to use Soul?" Jana pinched the bridge of her nose as she sighed.

"Do they have Soul already?"

"I don't think he can use Soul." Jana thought for just a moment.

"If I teach him, can he help me with my charities?" I shrug at her question.

"He'll help if he wants." Jana hung her head low in disappointment.

"I know you're just going to use that ring to make me do it anyway, so sure, I'll teach him." I nod and turn around and walk away. I walked towards the resting area, I saw Zacharias eating a huge bowl of noodles on the couch. He better not leave a stain on that couch. I look towards the kitchen, I smile as I see Goldie hold a bowl of noodles in the air before setting it down on the island. I quickly jog over to Goldie and sit down to eat my noodles. I look up as Goldie whispered my name.

Goldie pointed towards Zacharias with a smile. "Is he your friend?" She whispered. I shake my head and eat my noodles. Jana walked into the living room and stared at Zacharias. She stared at me then looked back at Zacharias. She made her way towards Zacharias, Goldie whispered my name again. I look back towards her and with a raised eyebrow. "There's a note on your desk."

"From who?" I asked. She shrugged and looked towards Zacharias. I quickly stand up and drop my fork into the bowl. I quickly made my way towards my room and towards my desk. I pick up the letter and begin to read it.

To Ivan,

There is this one person that is going to help you with gaining the trust of the Shinto camp. I want the two of you to meet up on September 5th.

P.S. I'm sorry to pair you two up together, I was not aware of the history between you two at the time. Please do not let emotions affect your thinking.

From, Nuxiel.

I raise my eyebrow and stare at the letter. Who is he talking about? He didn't even give me an address. I flip the letter and find the address. My body froze up as I read the word Pennsylvania in the address. I have to go to Pennsylvania? Why can't the person just come to me? I put the letter into my Inventory and turn towards my bed. I roll my eyes as a fast pair of footsteps ran up to my door. I turn to the door as Jana burst through the room.

"Do you want me to teach him naturally, or do you want me to force it out of him?"

"Which one is faster?" Jana grimaced.

"Forcing it out of him... but he might die."

"Force it out of him," I commanded. Jana nodded and slammed my door shut. I stared at the door expecting for Zacharias to scream. Instead, I heard a loud thump hit the floor. My eyes widen in shock as I walk through my door. I would at least thought he would've lasted a bit longer.

I saw Jana standing over Zacharias's body, Jana had a thick cloud of smoke rising out of her body. The smoke faded as she took a step back. She backed away with a tear in her eye. She quickly hurried out of the apartment, Goldie looked in my direction with tears forming in her eye. Her eyes were filled with disappointment. She bent down and picked up Zacharias's body. My jaw dropped at the sight of Zacharias gasp for air before his body stood came to a still. Goldie quickly rushed towards the couch and laid down his body.

I walk over to Zacharias and look down at him. Zacharias took shallow breaths. I notice a tiny, orb of light form in the middle of his forehead. I stared intently at the orb the orb floated out of his forehead and started to float aimlessly in the air. The orb could have been mistaken for a speck of dust if it wasn't for the fact that I saw the orb form in the middle of his forehead. I use the wind and lead the orb towards me. I take out a bottle and use Inspect on the orb.

???

Description-???

Weird, it's never done that before. I quickly close the box and put the orb into the bottle. I wonder what this will turn out to be. Maybe I can't Inspect on it because it can't do anything yet? I look at Goldie, she had an angry look on her face. Goldie took a deep breath before letting it all out.

"Please, please don't do that to someone else ever again." She said with a disappointed tone before walking off.

Well, at least he's not dead. Maybe.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

257 31 13
Embark on a thrilling odyssey with Dark as he confronts cosmic forces, battles supernatural foes, and navigates his own inner depths. In this rivetin...
603K 31.4K 61
Imagine if your life turned into a game! You could see the power levels of people and your life became a series of quests. That is what happens to Ra...
Voidstalker Από Darkxtex

Φαντασίας

360 19 4
The primordial Void exists everywhere, engulfing us in its wake. The creatures that dwell in there know only destruction and hagemony. Now they come...