You Are The Reason

Von ameesaAhlam

"I don't fear darkness. I am the darkness." Being the leader of the largest Mafia group in USA, Ruslan Searlu... Mehr

CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1: All Alone
CHAPTER 2: Save Me
CHAPTER 3: You Are Safe Here
CHAPTER 4: Personal Maid
CHAPTER 5: Trust
CHAPTER 6: Cookies
CHAPTER 7: Trouble
CHAPTER 9: Furious
CHAPTER 10: You Are A Monster
CHAPTER 11: All My Fault
CHAPTER 12: Attack
CHAPTER 13: Disappeared
CHAPTER 14: Avoiding
CHAPTER 15: Comfort
CHAPTER 16: Funeral
CHAPTER 17: In Love
CHAPTER 18: Screwed
CHAPTER 19: Brother?
CHAPTER 20: Pleasure
CHAPTER 21: Breakfast
CHAPTER 22: You Drive Me Crazy
CHAPTER 23: You Are The Reason
CHAPTER 24: Bring Down The Searlus Mafia
CHAPTER 25: Lies
CHAPTER 26: Lies (Part 2)
CHAPTER 27: Tears
CHAPTER 28: Date?
CHAPTER 29: Wife
EPILOGUE
New Story!
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story!

CHAPTER 8: Aurora

11.1K 512 27
Von ameesaAhlam

Another update! Thank my impatience.

Alfresca's POV:

I knocked on his office door. And he called me in. "Come in, Ms Leonard." His tone cold as usual.

I pushed open the door and stepped in, my eyes fixed on the floor as I closed the door behind me.

"Ms Leonard..."

I lifted my head to look at him, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "Yes, sir?"

He was leaning forward, hands resting on top of his desk. His lips pressed into a thin line. "What relation do you share with Arthur Canning?"

"What do you mean by that?" I asked sharply.

His eyes narrowed at me. "Did you not hear what I just said? Or have you gone deaf?"

I gulped and mumbled. "Sorry."

He repeated his question in a stern tone. "What relation do you share with Arthur Canning?"

"Um...he's a friend..."

"A friend?"

"Yes, sir." I stated.

"And what was the cause of your argument with him a few minutes ago?"

I didn't want to tell him the real reason. I mean it would sound weird saying that Arthur suspects I have a crush on Geordi.

"Nothing important, Mr Searlus." I replied.

His jaw clenched and he slammed his fist on the desk making me flinch. "Just answer what I asked!"

"I...um...Arthur... thought that I..." I stopped abruptly, still contemplating whether to tell him or not. Though it's not a very important thing but if I won't tell him, he will definitely kill me.

He tapped his fingers on his desk impatiently waiting for me to speak.

So, I took a deep breath and said. "Arthur thought I was crushing on Geordi and that's why we got into an argument."

He cocked his head. "Are you?"

My brows furrowed in confusion and seeing my baffled expression, he sighed. "Are you having a crush on Geordi?"

"No! Of course not."

He was about to say something but his phone rang and he picked up the call. He didn't say anything and just listened to whatever the person on the other end had to say and he scowled and gritted his teeth. "Bring her up."

He put down his phone and looked at me. "Now...let me make this thing clear. I don't care whether you have some crush on Geordi or not but this household has no place for all this nuisance. So, I would suggest, Ms Leonard to focus on your job."

Aargh! Why does people think that if you are being friendly with anyone it means you are crushing on them or something.

"I don't have any crush on him! I was just trying to be friendly with him."

A dark look fell over his face. "Watch your tone." He warned.

Cursing at myself mentally, I apologized. "Sorry."

Someone knocked on the door and with a heavy sigh, he called them in.

The door was pushed opened as I stepped aside and in walked a woman. Long, slender legs, body figure of a model, pale skin, waist length, creamy blonde hair, parted in the middle. Striking blue eyes with sharp features. She looked to be in her mid twenties, wearing a black colour summer dress with a plunging neck, enough to show her cleavage.

"Ruslan babe!" She exclaimed in a flirty tone and I saw Mr Searlus roll his eyes but she didn't notice it as she was busy hugging him.

He forced a smile on his face and hugged her back as she placed herself on his lap.

She cupped his cheek and gave him a peck on his lips making me cringe. "Hey, fiance. Finally I got to meet you after so long."

Fiance? What the actual fuck?!

Realising my mouth was wide open and so was my eyes and I was staring at them, I quickly composed myself and looked away. I cleared my throat loudly to gain his attention and I did.

He removed his attention from his fiancee who was busy rambling about her vacation and looked at me.

"You may leave, Ms Leonard." He spoke in a cold tone as usual and I nodded and promptly went away from there.

I found Geordi walking down the stairs and I caught up to him.

"He has a fiancee?" I asked him, still surprised of what I just saw.

Geordi had his poker face on and he nodded. "He does."

"Seriously? Who wants to marry a fucking Mafia leader?!" My eyes widened the moment I realised what I just said to him and I placed my palm over my mouth.

Geordi stopped in his tracks and raised a brow at me.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean that!" I spoke frantically. "Please don't tell him!"

Whom are you kidding? He is his right hand.

"It just slipped out." I defended myself. "Please don't tell him. He will kill me."

Geordi ignored me and continued walking down with me behind him begging him.

He groaned in frustration as we reached down. "Fine! I am not telling him anything!"

I sighed in relief. "Thank you so much!"

He rolled his eyes and continued to walk away but not before he warned me. "And think before speaking."

.
.
.

I was instructed to give him his lunch in his room only; actually his fiance's (whose name I don't know yet) lunch too.

Carrying a huge tray in my hand, I walked upstairs and then placing the tray down on the floor, I pressed my thumb against the scanner and the door opened with a beep.

Sighing, I picked up the tray again and walked in towards his room. I heard his fiancee giggle behind the door and I somehow knocked on it.

She stopped giggling and Mr Searlus called me in. Balancing the tray in one hand, I pushed opened the door and went in.

I saw his fiancee sitting on the edge of the bed in a bath robe while he was busy on his phone standing beside her.

He gestured me to keep the tray on the table and nodding, I kept it there.

Instead of leaving the room, I turned to Mr Searlus who frowned wondering why I didn't leave yet.

"Sir...can I talk to you?" I managed to speak.

He kept his phone down on the bed. "What is it?"

I glanced over to his fiancee who had a scowl on her face and said to him. "Not here...a bit privately."

"What do you mean by privately?!" His fiancee seethed. "Talk here only."

I am not stealing him from you! I just want to ask him something.

I really want to go outside and but can't leave without his permission, so, I want to just take his permission.

"Aurora." Mr Searlus spoke in a firm tone telling her to be silent. She grumbled underneath her breath and folded her arms across her chest angrily.

Rolling his eyes at her, he gestured me to go outside and he followed behind me.

Coming out of the room, he closed the door behind him and faced me as he folded his arms.

"What do you wanna talk about, Ms Leonard?"

With my hands behind my back, I said. "Sir...I was wondering if I could leave this mansion. For an hour or so--"

He cut me off immediately. "No. You can't."

No! I am tired of being here all day. I wanna go outside.

My mouth fell open. "But, sir... please..."

His eyes narrowed and he stated. "I said no. That's it."

"Please." I pleaded. "Please. Just for an hour."

"No!" He shouted making me flinch and I took a step back in fear.

"Okay." I mumbled gloomily.

"And listen..." His voice turned low. "If I am not here and Aurora asks you to let her enter this area, you won't."

"I didn't understand."

He groaned. "I will be leaving in an hour or so and she is gonna stay. My fiancee." He said the word fiancee in a bitter tone. "But she won't stay in my room. So, if she asks you to let her enter here since you have access to this area, you won't. Understood?"

I nodded.

Why do I keep forgetting to speak infront of him instead of nodding?

He gripped my jaw in between his fingers. "Words, Alfresca, words."

My eyes widened with fear and I said quickly. "Yes, sir. I understand."

"Good." He muttered and removed his hand and without sparing me another look, went back inside.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down and left from there.

.
.
.

"What do you mean you are leaving?" Aurora complained following Mr Searlus down the stairs. "It's Saturday. You don't work on Saturdays!"

Mr Searlus ignored her and continued walking down the stairs with her grumbling behind him.

"Stop ignoring me, Ruslan!" She shouted as they reached down. "And answer me."

I watched from the kitchen as Mr Searlus sighed and turned to her. "I told you I have some work." He said in a dry tone.

She whined. "Can't it wait?"

"No. You either can stay here or leave."

She pouted angrily. "Fine. I am staying here. Just come back soon or else I will get bored."

"Whatever." He muttered and left the house and I watched her go inside one of the guest rooms and slam the door shut.

I decided to go back to work and noticed Arthur standing at the corner of the kitchen, his eyes on me but he was quick to look away as I glanced at him.

Maybe I should say sorry to him. He's the only friend I have here.

I walked towards him and seeing me, he scoffed and started walking away to the corridor leading to the servants rooms.

I did ask him as to why I was not alloted a room there, and he said that there wasn't any available so I was staying in a guest room.

Anyway...

"Arthur!" I called out and he stopped in the middle of the corridor, his back towards me.

"Look...I don't wanna argue with you. Please." I said and he slowly turned around with a neutral expression on his face.

When he didn't say anything, I continued. "I'm sorry for shouting at you and all. But I need you to trust me. I don't have any crush on Geordi or anyone else too. I was just being friendly."

"And you are my only friend here. I don't wanna lose you. Please." I added.

His features softened and he sighed deeply and took a step closer to me.

He sheepishly scratched the back of his neck. "I'm sorry too, Alfresca."

I smiled at his words and he smiled back too. And much to his surprise, I hugged him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

His body tensed for a moment but he relaxed soon and hesitantly, hugged me back.

Chapter completion on: 1/9/21

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

644K 13.8K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
9.6M 198K 90
[Book one in the Nystrom duology] [Read tw before proceeding] [Dual pov] TW: This book contains heavy themes such as mature content, language and sen...
2M 53.6K 69
"It's funny that you are saying this because if one of us is jealous, then it's you. Or did you forget that you just pushed the man I was dancing wit...
335K 6.1K 35
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐒𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐞 π†πšπ«πœπ’πš π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ What happens when two completely different worlds full of sadness, jealousy, love, hate, and te...