To Live and To Breathe (Could...

By KMBuxton

Timothy Wright spends his days reading, writing, and arguing with his favorite parrot. But sometimes, scrapin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
About the Author

Afterword

39 6 17
By KMBuxton

When I began to write To Live and To Breathe on a gray day in early January of 2020, I had no idea what was in store for me and the rest of the world over the coming year. All I knew was that it was a Wednesday, and I had a history class at a wretched hour in the morning, and I was finally going to begin to write the story that had haunted my footsteps while I shifted books in the college library the previous year.

Like the ghostly shadows that inspired the story Timothy told the O'Connors, the fragments of this book had peeked out at me from odd shelves and bookends, long before What Is and Could Be was even finished. Timothy had learned to walk; now he wanted to run.

But it was one of the hardest books I've ever had to write. I finished the first draft of its predecessor in only a few months, but time slipped away while I wrote, and rewrote, and deleted and questioned everything I ever thought I knew about writing over the course of this draft. It is truly a story of hope in the midst of struggle, and it seems fitting to me that it came out of 2020. God knows what we need, when we need it.

So I wanted to thank everyone who has supported this story in any way. It really does mean the world. (And book three is on the way!)

Go out and live, friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Job 2 By Nepenthe

Mystery / Thriller

4 0 8
After a horrible accident takes place, Milo and the others have to try and make things right whilst also trying not to get caught for what they've do...
Your Friend, Jordan By Raye

Mystery / Thriller

1.7K 137 17
**Featured Story on Wattpad Crime** All friends have secrets. But what would happen if one of those secrets ended up taking someone's life? Weeks af...
36.1K 1.3K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...
168K 5.6K 34
"I'll chase after you Charlie, no matter where you go, I'll come after you." "Do you promise?" "I promise." __________ Charlie Parker, a bubbly and c...