The Contradiction Between Hum...

By Weeblet-san

Mochizuki Aito, a white room product, is trying to enjoy the three years of freedom he was given due to the w... More

Aito Mochizuki's Monologue
Chapter 1: The Beginning of My New School Life
Chapter 2: A Random Encounter
Chapter 3: Special Gift
Chapter 4: Club Registration
Chapter 5: Swiming Class
Chapter 6: Murderous Intent
Chapter 7: Zero Points
Chapter 8: Confrontation
Chapter 9: Improvement
Chapter 10: Development
Chapter 11: Misunderstanding
Chapter 12: Island Exam Begins
Chapter 13: Strategies Forming
Chapter 14: Conflict
Chapter 15: Phase One Complete
Chapter 17: Reason
Chapter 18: Results
Chapter 19: Future
Chapter 20: Discussion
Chapter 21: Opinion
Chapter 22: Students
Chapter 23: Entertainment
Chapter 24: Persuasion
Chapter 25: Next Step
Chapter 26: Cooperation
Chapter 27: Perspective
Chapter 28: Game
Chapter 29: Opportunity
Chapter 30: Identity
Chapter 31: Effect
Chapter 32: One-Sided
Chapter 33: Observation
Chapter 34: Change
Chapter 35: Break

Chapter 16: Deal

1.3K 63 0
By Weeblet-san

Someone smacked me once causing me to wake up. I opened my eyes, scanning the area. Unfortunately, I couldn't find who was responsible for it. I exited the tent to get out of that humid, steamy air. As I was wandering around I came across Mii-chan doing the same.

"Are you feeling better?" I said.

"Yes, why?" She responded with a tired voice.

Did she not get enough sleep? Or is it something else? Either way I should cheer her up.

"I was concerned about you, Mii-chan." I moved a bit closer to her.

"Hehe, really?" She smiled, putting her arms behind her back.

"That was quick." I muttered.

I talked with her for a bit longer before leaving. It's already the sixth day of our special test. I guess I'll need to be more active for today's plan. I stretched my body looking for any discomfort in my body. As expected, they already healed enough for me to move like normal. However I need to wait to find the right opportunity to start.

After observing them for a while I decided to start phase two of my plan. Hmmm, what should I use as a distraction? Why don't we create a minor fire? Yeah, let's go with that. It's the easiest thing I could come up with.

I started to make a fire, throwing a lot of wood in it. When I lit it on fire, Ayanokōji threw a manual. Making the burning process. I got up, put my hands in my pocket, and left with him. Aside from the fire, not a single noise came from any of us.

"You know where to meet." Those were Ayanokōji's parting words.

"I advise you to show up in time." I replied.

When the students found out they panicked.

"What's that smoke? What!" Ike cried.

"This is serious! There's a fire! Quickly grab as much water as you can!"

Although Hirata tried to calm them, it wasn't enough. If it wasn't for the rain the fire would've spread much more.

Fortunately it would appear that my test was successful. Hirata stood there, staring off into nothingness. He was muttering something in a low voice. His face was drained of life. This by far wasn't like the usual Hirata.

Aha, so that's why my bluff back then worked against him so smoothly. This might be one of the reasons he was placed in such a shitty class. If that's true, it would sort of explain why he did that.

Ibuki used this to escape into the forest, I followed her. While walking Ayanokōji tapped my shoulder.

"We should begin, right now." He said in a serious manner, looking at me.

"Yeah, we cannot afford to miss it." I nodded and responded in the same serious tone.

We found it after searching for it for a few minutes. We expertly hid from the people in front of us. The rain and the darkness that came with it helped mask our presence.

"Let's reveal who we'll bet on in three...two...one...?" I said with excitement.

""Everything we own on Ibuki!"" We both said.

That's right, we are betting on who would win the fight. I mean what else could we be doing while watching it. There aren't many options due to the rain pouring on us.

"Damn, you don't even believe in her in the sightless." I covered my mouth to prevent myself from laughing.

"That's exactly why she needs to learn a lesson in such a way." He didn't seem to mind, in fact he looked at me in agreement.

"It was about time you dealt with that bitchy attitude of hers." I spitted my salive onto the ground.

"Well, we should focus on the match." He said, paying attention to the outcome of the match.

To no one's surprise Ibuki won, to the point where it was a one sided beating. Perhaps if Horikita was in a better health condition it would've changed what happened. She started digging into the ground, I used this time to check my wristwatch. After a few minutes I spoke up.

"She seems to be waiting for someone, I'll be leaving. Are you coming?" I whispered.

"Yeah, I already have a vague idea of the involvement of other classes."

"That's right, we can't be getting caught red handed, can we?" I specifically said those exact words to trigger a chichè scene.

Right when I finished my sentence, I stepped on a stick revealing my location. Logically speaking it should've been barely audible, but anime doesn't use normal logic. Luckily Ayanokōji was still hidden behind a tree.

"Ibuki, I was looking for you? Why did you leave suddenly?" I asked.

"What do you want?" Ibuki glared at me.

"Putting in the most simple terms; I want to meet with them."

"Why?" She said as if interrogating someone.

"Now, you can't be prying into personal motives. Do you really think I'm like him?" I stared at her with a hurt expression.

"Come on, now. I don't feel like answering that" Ibuki looked away from my gaze.

"Look if I wanted to take the keycard I would have done it before all of this took place."

"Then why..." Her eyebrows furrowed in frustration for not knowing the reason.

"Once they appear you'll understand. Also I want to congratulate you for beating the shit out of her since she was a bitch." I showed a disgusted face when I looked at Horikita's unconscious body while Ibuki smiled proudly.

"Though you should take cover under those trees until they come or you'll catch a cold." I pointed towards a tree that could provide shade against the rain, there was room for two so I sat down.

"Hmm..." Ibuki thought about it before she plopped next to me.

She sat at such a distance where the sleeves of our gym clothes barely touched. Although she didn't know this, the tree is in the opposite direction of where Ayanokōji currently is. Knowing him he probably isn't there anymore.

"Do you know when they'll come?" I yawned out of boredom.

"Who knows, that bastard shows up when he pleases." She clicked her tongue and didn't say a word after that.

In the thirty or so minutes we waited I discovered something interesting and surprising. At any moment I could have stolen the keycard. She knew that yet she didn't try to do anything about it. Of course, Ibuki did not let her guard completely but enough for me to steal it.

I raised my hand, moving closer to Ibuki's head. Sadly, I saw the gleam of a flashlight. It blinked twice, then three times. Ibuki responded with the same signal, using the flashing light near her feet. I quickly snatched it and used it to say 'fuck you, things were finally getting good' in Morse code. However if they understood it was another story. Ryūen appeared, he glanced at me before addressing Ibuki.

"Yo. Excellent work, Ibuki. You did well." He ignored me for the time being.

"Ryūen, don't ignore me. The only reason she succeeded is due to my help." The first part was said in a stern manner with the last being in my usual voice. Ibuki looked at me with surprise, which didn't go unnoticed by Ryūen.

"Before we begin, shouldn't all of us be here? I'm talking about you Katsuragi, stop hiding yourself! Your bald ass head is visible from here!" I shouted loud enough for him to hear.

Ryūen's eyes widened for a second, however he composed himself quickly. While Ibuki was just looking around confused. He came out of his hiding spot, slightly glaring at me.

"Now, we can really start business." I smiled.

3rd person POV

In a secluded part of the forest, there stood four students. Those people were; Ryūen Kakeru, Ibuki Mio, Katsuragi Kōhei, and Mochizuki Aito.

"As I was saying, my efforts should be rewarded, am I right?" Mochizuki smiled at them.

"There's no need for that." Katsuragi quickly rejected the idea, making Mochizuki frown a bit.

"Okay, let me rephrase my words. Since I helped her with the plan, that means I'm willing to sell out my class for the one who gives the best offer. However, don't misunderstand my assistance. I will make this clear: don't think you can manipulate, threaten, or bribe me into helping if I don't want to. I only accept deals that are fair to me, the payment doesn't have to be private points specifically.

"But do you have anything aside from helping steal Class D's keycard?" Katsuragi asked, highly skeptical. Meanwhile, Ryúen was watching this whole exchange with his full attention.

"I assisted with stealing my class keycard, I also obtained a picture of Class B's keycard. This should show how useful I am compared to the one Ryūen sent to infiltrate Class B. All of this was done without anyone suspecting me." He explained with a smile slowly growing with every sentence, this bewildered all of them.

"You think I don't know the situation you're in? Sakayanagi's faction has dominated ever since rumors spread that you failed to get on the student council despite your best efforts? What might happen if I decided to reveal all of the information I obtained to Sakayanagi's faction? They will get the credit and you'll surely lose the position you're struggling for." Mochizuki's taunting smile frustrated Katsuragi, but he couldn't deny what he said.

Here I thought he wasn't any different from the other Class D students, such a talented individual is being wasted in Class D. Maybe he will be interested in joining Class A? I may be able to make things more even against Sakayanagi.

"Kukukuku!" Ryūen laughed, adding insult to injury.

He doesn't show any loyalty towards his own class. I can definitely use this to my advantage in the future. The question is why would he deliberately reveal things so easily? To gain our trust? No it isn't, what motive does he have? It'll be better if I wait things out.

Being the least cunning out of the four, Ibuki stood there dumbfounded.

What am I doing here? Just let me finish my job so I can get the hell out of here! Wait! If he said he helped me, does that mean he started the fire?

"What do you want in return?" Ryūen asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Nothing special, only 100k from each of you."

"This isn't the time to joke around." Katsuragi sighed in disappointment.

It looks like I overestimated him. He showed complete confidence which made it seem like he actually knew what he was doing. I guess, there's a reason for him being there.

"It's better for us anyway." Ryūen chuckled at Mochizuki's stupidity.

What a dumbass! Well, that doesn't mean I can still use him. I was overthinking about his possible motives.

"Are you serious?!" Ibuki exclaimed.

I can come up with a better deal and I'm not even the smartest person out there.

"I haven't finished yet." Mochizuki said, bringing them back from their thoughts.

Damn, I just stopped because I wanted to make it suspenseful. Y'all didn't have to do me like that. Is there something wrong with doing that for the readers?

"I want to be welcomed in both classes. They don't have to instantly trust me or not be wary of me but I at least want them to get rid of their hostility. As for Katsuragi's class, convince your faction to the same condition that I stated. Although I want to have the whole class, it can't for obvious reasons."

"If that's what you want." Ryūen smiled audaciously.

So that's it, huh? Nevertheless it shouldn't be a huge threat for now unless he decides to speed up his plan. Even though I don't think he has the skills to do it. I don't know what his plan is but it definitely has to do with the deal he just made.

"Very well." Katsuragi nodded.

I have the least to lose out of this deal since my faction has a few people, as much as I hate to admit it. I can also use this to get to know him better and observe his abilities to see if he's worthy enough.

"Alright, it's a pleasure to work with you all in the future." Mochizuki said.

After doing everything needed, Mochizuki disappeared into the darkness. Soon Katsuragi did the same, leaving Ibuki and Ryūen alone.

"Do you think he will be helpful to the class?" Ibuki curiously asked.

"Doesn't it really matter? We just got someone willing to backstab his own class. Once he stops being useful we can just stop working with him, kukukuku."

A/N

I was planning on this being the last chapter for the special exam. This arc is probably the longest one out all the ones I wrote. Because volume one was where I just started making it so the chapters were short and awfully written. I planned something for the second volume but ultimately decided to scrap that idea.

Not gonna lie, I kinda want the mc to go to another class. Of course I won't do that but I may do a one shot about it.

If you have any questions then comment them and I'll answer them.

Oh, I wanted to remind you readers that the results won't be the same as the light novel. I want my oc to actually make an impact in the story, like development for other characters, how the special exam results change, and stuff like that.

An example Sudō, I feel like his character was wasted the moment he started loving Horikita so much the cote fanfic community nicknamed him Sudog.

If you're wondering I actually do like Horikita (not my favorite cote waifu but still a good one) but I wanted to keep the story unbiased, plus the mc has his own separate personality from me. (Yes, he wasn't based off my personality)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

544K 19.5K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.1M 59.5K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
129K 2.5K 43
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
159K 4.7K 49
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...