WONDER | ej caswell

By belletastix

"This might be the worst decision of my life but at least I know it'll be interesting." in which Dylan Val... More

π—ͺπ—’π—‘π——π—˜π—₯
π—‚π—‡π—π—‹π—ˆπ–½π—Žπ–Όπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡
π—‰π—…π–Ίπ—’π—…π—‚π—Œπ—
𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗉𝗁𝗂𝖼 𝗀𝖺𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗋𝗒
001
002
003
004
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
SEQUEL

005

3.1K 83 4
By belletastix

chapter five
suspicious people and stolen phones

The next day, Carlos had coerced Dylan into spending her free period, that she coincidently shared with him, in the library. And so the two were sat next to each other watching choreography on a computer. A grape was thrown at the two, their attention turning to look at Ricky. He waved them over, turning to his behind the bookcase. The two slowly walked towards him and Carlos stared at him with wide eyes.

"If you plan on assaulting me, I have to warn you, my mother plays Bunko with the librarian and we will press charges." Carlos said.

"I just wanna show you something, okay? Check it out." Ricky said before starting to dance. Dylan smiled, glad he was trying, as Carlos clapped.

"You've been practicing. I thought you quit." Carlos said and Ricky shook his head, continuing to dance.

"We scrapped that idea." Dylan told the boy.

"Not doin' that anymore. Still not sure on this last part." When he finished, Carlos shook his head.

"You're doing spirit fingers. I want jazz hands." Ricky nodded, doing jazz hands.

"Jazz hands. Okay."

"Okay. Try it again." Dylan instructed and Ricky nodded, starting again. Dylan watched as Ricky repeated the moves, but this time faster and better. She crossed her arms over her chest and nodded in approval. He finished, ending with jazz hands this time.

"Ricky, that's it." Carlos praised.

Ricky let out a chuckle of amazement. Dylan raised up her hand for a high five, and he happily obliged. She smiled at the boy, proud of his accomplishment, and excited to see him in practice later.

Dylan walked out of the library, making her way down the hallway. Ricky was still with Carlos inside. Both of them were going over the steps one more time so Ricky could go through the routine smoother. Dylan, with promises of seeing them later at rehearsal, left the library to go and grab some stuff from her locker before practicing her dance. She stopped when a voice called her name from behind. She turned to see Kourtney approaching her.

"Hey Kourt." Dylan smiled. "You okay?"

"Uhm, I was just, like wondering, and you can say no, if you want, but..." Kourtney took a deep breath before speaking extremely quickly. "I'm kind of freaking out about doing everyone's costumes and make up so I was wondering if you would help me, and allow me to use you for test makeup."

Dylan stared at her for a few seconds, trying to decipher what she had said before she let a smile grace her features.

"I would love to help you, Kourt. You're one of my best friends." Dylan told her.

"Cool." Kourtney nodded, linking arms with her and pulling her towards the dressing rooms. There Kourtney proceeded to use Dylan as a guinea pig and try many different make up combinations —especially Sharpay's. They continued to have fun, trying different styles until it was time for them to head to the bomb shelter.

Once they arrived, Dylan sat next to Seb. Everyone was slightly confused as Miss Jenn held a package. Dylan looked to see Miss Jenn opening a box. She handed a bunch of bubblewrap to Carlos before pulling out something. Miss Jenn unwrapped more bubblewrap to reveal a box-shaped silver piece of metal. Dylan's eyes widened when she realised what she was looking at.

Miss Jenn placed it gingerly in her hands. "Here it is people."

"Is that a garage door opener?" Seb asked confused.

"No seb."

Dylan smiled, putting a hand on his shoulder, "Good try honey."

"This is Gabriella's phone, from the film." Miss Jenn explained. Everyone gasped suddenly interested. "I plan on creating a time capsule display in our lobby. If they can have forty sports ball trophies we deserve a little movie museum. Okay people enough dazzle. Fetch your scripts please." Miss Jenn ordered.

Dylan moved over to her backpack on the floor, and took out her script. As she walked towards where she was going to sit, she noticed EJ and Gina talking in the corner. Dylan's eyebrows knit in confusion, turning to Ashlyn, who was next to her.

"Since when were those two friends?" She asked.

"I have no idea." Ashlyn shrugged.

Gina walked towards them, Dylan staring at her when she stood next to her. "What?"

"I know we haven't been friends long but I know that look because I wear it often." Gina stared at her confused. Dylan leaned into her, whispering, "What are you up to?"

"World domination." Gina stated simply.

"I do that too." Dylan smiled, "But seriously G don't do anything stupid."

Before Gina could respond Miss Jenn shouted at everyone, "Okay places for the top of the ski lodge."

✿✼:*゚:.:*・゚゚・

"Hey Dylan," Ashlyn called, walking up to the brunette.

"Hey Ash, what's up?"

"Ej's waiting for me outside do you want a lift?" She offered, gesturing to the grey car that sat outside the school.

Dylan thought for a second, did she really want to get in a car with Ej? No. But then she looked over at Ashlyn's hopeful face and sighed.

"Lead the way." The two linked arms before jogging over to the car. Ashlyn got in the front while Dylan hopped in the back, sliding so she was between the two front seats.

"Thanks for waiting. You okay?" Ashlyn asked when Ej just stared at the phone in his hand.

"She told him she loved him." Ej stated randomly.

"Who?" Ashlyn questioned.

"Hey isn't that Nini's phone?" Dylan asked. She gestured to the phone in the boys hand, recognising her friends phone.

"What are you doing here?" Ej snapped, seemingly only just noticing her presence.

"Ashlyn offered me a ride." Dylan smiled sarcastically.

"Oh how nice of Ashlyn." He sent a look to his cousins before looking out the window. "Nini, I found an archived post on her instagram."

"You stole her phone!" Dylan exclaimed, protective of her friend's privacy.

"Ej you cannot just go snooping around someone's phones like a creepy stalker." Ashlyn scoffed, pointing at the phone.

"I play to win Ash, have we met?" He asked before handing her the phone, "Go to june first security code is 7777."

Ashlyn sighed before unlocking Nini's phone, opening instagram and finding the archived post. It was the song she wrote for Ricky to say "i love you"

"First of all since when does he get a song," Ej started,

"Hey don't bash the song i helped write it." Dylan piped up, an offended look covering her features.

"Whatever it was four months ago." Ashlyn told him.

"But it happened," Ej countered.

"Okay ancient history, Ricky and Nini are completely over, there is no Ricky." Suddenly Nini's phone rang, Rickys contact popping up.

"It's him." Ej huffed.

"Okay I spoke too soon." Ashlyn stated.

"I'm going to take this." Ej spoke about to answer the phone.

"What are you insane? Do not answer the phone Ej." Ashlyn instructed snatching the phone of off him.

"God I can't believe I'm doing this again," Dylan muttered before leaning forward to face the Caswell boy, "Look Caswell, I'm not your biggest fan okay but from the looks of things and the way she speaks about you, you make my friend happy okay? And if you think that Ricky is going to come between that then you're more of an idiot than I originally thought."

Ej just stared at her for a moment, "Yeah yeah, thanks."

"God i should become a therapist."

When the phone had finished ringing, they all sat in silence for a few moments until Ashlyn spoke up once again.

"You need to return this now." Ashlyn ordered. "Nini could still be inside."

"I know."

"For the love of god do not listen to that voicemail." Ashlyn told him.

"I will! I-I mean I won't, I know." Ej stuttered.

"You're going to listen to it aren't you."

"Why don't you believe me?" Ej questioned.

"Because you lie about almost everything you do." Dylan muttered but the boy still heard her, sending her an offended glare. "How good at you at waterpolo Ej?"

She raised her eyebrows at him and he huffed turning around again. "That's what I thought."

"Forget the ride, I'll walk home." Ashlyn scoffed, getting out the car.

"Don't leave me." Dylan called. She grabbed her bag, getting out of the care before stopping at the open window opposite Ej. "Don't forget what I said. Have faith, everything will work out in the end."

She ran off trying to catch up with Ashlyn. When she did, they linked arms again. Dylan smiled, as she turned to face the red head.

"Sleepover at my house?" Dylan suggested.

"Sleepover at your house." Ashlyn confirmed, the two laughing as they walked.

When the two reached the Valdez residence, Dylan opened the door and they walked in. Ashlyn followed after her, looking around the large house as Dylan led them towards where her father was stood.

"Hey dad!" Dylan called, walking into the kitchen. Sebastian Valdez was stood in front of the cupboards staring at the food inside them.

"You know that staring in the cupboard doesn't make the food you want suddenly appear." Dylan told him.

"A guy can dream Dyl, a guy can dream." He laughed, turning around. "Hello Ashlyn."

"Hi Mr Valdez." Ashlyn greeted happily.

"Can Ash stay tonight?" Dylan asked, putting on her best puppy dog eyes. "We have early rehearsal tomorrow and Ashlyn and I always go together so it would just be easier for us to stay here than one of us get up even earlier to meet the other."

"Are your parents okay with it?" Seb asked Ashlyn, who nodded. "Then yes."

"Yes, thanks dad." Dylan shouted, tugging Ashlyn up to her room. "Aren't you glad you had extra clothes at rehearsal now."

"Most definitely." The two laughed, flopping on Dylan's bed before entertaining in a night full of food, laughs and friendship.

( 💌 ) isobel's notes
Ahh i love ashlyns and
dylan's friendship so
much! And i'm kind of
loving dylan giving advice
despite ej never listening to it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 700 21
"Get ready for the best summer ever." in which Dylan Valdez got through junior year and is now ready to have the summer of a lifetime, with her bes...
22K 433 23
~~A man comes on the speaker and says, "this is your captain speaking. we have run into a thunderstorm and its's not safe for us to be up in the air...
2.2K 106 6
"I love you feels a lot like high school and forever after that." in which Dylan Valdez thought the craziness was over when summer ended but seni...
23.3K 987 24
I guess I'm not as over you as I thought that I was. HSMTMTS Season Two / Original Character Β©JJ Sept 2022 - May 2023 ...