Showing Them The Light (IPKKN...

Da Anniewrites5

Advay Singh Raizada, elder twin of Arnav Singh Raizada, is coming back to India. To correct every wrong. To p... Altro

Introduction
Introduction-II (OPTIONAL)
1. Advay Singh Raizada
2. Homecoming
3. Understanding The Misunderstanding
4. Realising The Mistake
5. Correcting The Wrong
6. Apologies and Stopping Her
7. A Trap
8. Understanding Love
9. Unveiling The Bitter Truth
10. Aftermath
11. Gathering Scattered Emotions
12. Betraying The Betrayer
13. Is this the end?
14. Wooing Her
15. Nurturing Relationships
Author's Note
16. In Pursuit of a chance
17. Not giving up
18. Getting used to her anger
19. Chances & Confusions
20. Spending time
21. Bringing her back
22. Normalising Life
23. Waiting

24. 'A New Start...!'

4.3K 250 53
Da Anniewrites5

“Arnav ji…” Khushi called him in a whisper. She was sitting just beside him.

“Hmm…” He turned his face to her.

“Sab ko bhookh lagi hogi…”
(Everyone must be hungry...)

She spoke glancing at Alok, Advay and Chandni.

“Aur tumhe?”
(And you?)

He asked not looking away from her even for a minute. 

She looked back at him and smiled lightly.

“Aur aapko bhi…”
(And you too...)

She spoke and he smiled.

“Let's bring some food for them…” Khushi spoke and stood up. He nodded and followed her. 

They looked at the other three. Chandni had her head rested on Advay's shoulder while his head was supported by the wall behind. Both of them dozed off, waiting. Alok was continuously fighting with his sleep because he wasn't getting any comfortable position to take a nap.

“Let's go…” Arnav muttered and held her hand in his tightly. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

“Cheese sandwich or burger?” Arnav asked as Khushi sat down on the chair. 

“Sandwich…” She replied. 

“Amm… Sandwich… Okay…” He muttered and moved towards the counter. 

She continued sitting there, waiting. Her mind on her own started to think about Arnav.

‘What is going on in Arnav ji's mind now? He is doing everything. Still, he had maintained the distance. Amm… Difficult right? Is he…. upset?’ 

“There you go…!” He spoke, placing a tray on the table. That broke her chain of thoughts. 

The tray had two cheese sandwiches and a big burger. It also had two beverage tumblers with straws. Then he kept a paper bag on the table. She looked at the bag and then at him, questioning.

“Take away for them.” He answered politely and picked up his burger. 

She nodded and picked up her sandwich. But her mind wasn't on the sandwich. She wanted to talk to Arnav. She missed him being him. Sure she wasn't trusting him completely from the start but now he is slowly making her trust him. 

“Arnav ji…” She called him softly, breaking the silence.

He looked at her as he gulped down the piece he ate.

“Are you… Are you upset?” She asked, hesitating.

“No. Why would I be?” He spoke politely with a confused smile.

“After… After our argument in the room… After whatever I said, we never had a big, meaningful conversation. So… Are you upset?” 

‘Over what I said?’ She wanted to add but couldn't bring herself to. Surely, he was breaking her walls but she is still not letting all of her guards down. Not yet.

In reality, she was feeling bad after saying all that. Because Khushi is Khushi. She had never been this rude to anyone. She wouldn't have felt bad if he would have fought back. But he kept all his weapons down. He let her win. And that's not what ASR do.

“No. I am fine.” He started with a smile and sipped the drink from his tumbler.

“It's just….” He continued, “I have realised that…”

He stopped himself from completing with a sad smile.

“Tell me…” She persuaded him softly, with a very desperate look on her face.

“It doesn't feel right.” 

“What doesn't feel right?”

“To put it in words.” He replied softly.

“Still… Tell me…” She again persuaded him softly.

They have never had such a deep, soft and silent conversation. It felt so good. So right. Khushi wanted nothing but to keep it going untill she gets to know something.

“I have realised that… We love each other immensely but we aren't made for each other. And… And whatever that has happened isn't a small thing to be forgotten just like that. I was just one step back in destroying your life completely.” 

She kept listening him intently. None of them was eating anymore.

“It's just not you Khushi, who got reminded of those words in that room. I get that reminder every single day which makes me even more guiltier.” He stopped and took a breath. He was looking at the table instead of her. While she wasn't able to take her eyes off him.

“Honestly Khushi, if you wanna walk out of this relationship, you can.” He started again, looking up at her. In her eyes.

“I won't stop you. But I will always be there for you. Whenever you want. That's the least I could do.”

It took all of his courage to tell her that she can walk out if she wants to. Damn! It was the hardest task for him. But he have concluded that they cannot stay happily with eachother keeping the baggage of past. And whatever happened between them in the past isn't a easy thing to forget. He was a beast. And she can be the beauty who turned the beast into a handsome prince. Her prince. 

Only if she wants to…!

Khushi looked away as she felt her eyes getting watery. What has happened to the man she met? He wasn't like this! He was allowing her to choose. Where is that Arnav who was all set to make her stay as his wife?

The fact that he is changing and becoming the better version of himself was enough for her heart to swell with pride. He is the same Arnav with few changes here and there. The changes which were necessary. And the fact that he is doing all that because he loves her is like a cherry on top. He is understanding that she is there too in the relationship. She too have some feelings and self respect.

How can she leave now? She isn't able to find a reason. 

They finished the rest of their food in silence. They came out of the cafeteria and Khushi held his hand. She wanted to, so she did. He smiled sadly to himself because in his heart he knew that chances of her staying back are less. This all is momentary.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

“AAAAA…” That was the loudest scream they heard after which they were able to hear a baby's cry.

“It's over. The baby is here!” Chandni jumped excitedly. 

Everybody had smile on their faces. Arnav had Khushi's hand intertwined with his, which she didn't try to pull out. That young doctor came out and all five rushed to her.

“Congratulations guys! It's a baby girl!” She announced.

They all smiled wide. Wide enough that anyone would want to pinch their cheeks.

“Can we see Anjali?” Alok asked and everyone looked at doctor for reply.

“Not yet. First, she will be shifted to the private ward. Then you can meet her. Nurse will tell you.” 

“The baby?” Khushi asked.

“The baby is sent for basic check up routine to the pediatrician. She will be back soon in her mother's ward.” She informed them and left. 

Arnav glanced at his wrist watch. It was two o'clock in the morning. He didn't understand why, but a thank you left his mouth showing his gratitude to that invisible power under which whole world grows. It was not under his control and now a days he isn't even controlling his heart. 

He rushed to complete the hospital formalities. Advay asked Arnav to go and meet Anjali and that he will complete the formalities but Arnav didn't listen. He was feeling nervous of the new situation. How was he supposed to meet his neice?

Seeing Arnav going, Khushi also rushed to the medical store downstairs despite Chandni's protest. No matter Anjali was her best friend or not, she wanted to go in with Arnav and not without him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

“Where is Chote?” Anjali asked. 

It's been around fifteen minutes that they are waiting for them to arrive. Chandni was continuously playing with her baby niece. The baby girl was looking at Advay with her big eyes. He couldn't help but smile at her sweetly. Alok was almost in tears when Anjali asked him to hold her daughter before anyone. 

“I will check Di…” Advay spoke and went out. 

Chandni laid down the baby in the crib and followed him out. Alok was sitting beside Anjali, talking to her. 

Advay and Chandni came out only to find both Khushi and Arnav standing there only.

“Why aren't you coming in?” He asked.

Khushi looked at Arnav indicating Advay to ask him.

“Arnav… Di is asking for you. Go! Go in!” He instructed and Chandni too nodded at both of them.

Finally, Arnav and Khushi came inside Anjali's ward.

“Chote!! Your niece was searching for you! Where were you?” Arnav didn't had any answer because he busy staring at his niece. 

This is the first time in his life that he has seen this much small baby. Just a few hours old. Anjali didn't speak ahead as she noticed her brother smiling at her daughter.

“Chote… Why don't you pick her up?” Anjali persuaded him.

Everyone was looking at him with a smile. He shook his head and stepped back. He was scared. He never in his life have took any child in his arms. He will hurt her. 

Advay understood this because he too didn't took his niece in his arms but no one really noticed much because Chandni picked up the baby and played with her. Before he could assure Arnav, he saw Khushi taking the lead.

Khushi moved ahead and took the baby in her arms. She cooed the baby and walked near Arnav. Arnav was totally mesmerized. 

“She is so tiny…” He spoke as the baby held his forefinger. 

Everyone was so happy. There were no boundaries. And they deserved it too. After whatever all happened. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Arnav stopped the car in front of Khushi's house directly. It was almost three o'clock in the morning. He was dropping her back to her home. He was grateful that she stayed but he can't let her get tired for nothing. Everything was fine now. She have her classes to attend. 

He kept looking forward on the road ahead. His hands still holding the steering wheel. He was waiting for her climb out of the car but she didn't. She was looking at him. He didn't budge getting affecting by her gaze. Though, he was getting affected.

Finally, she sighed defeated. He wasn't going to look at her no matter how much she stares. She wanted to talk. She didn't like this defeated Arnav. She wanted to see him winning. Always. Moreover, he deserves a chance. Truly this time. He hasn't forced her this time.

She herself wanted to give it a shot. She wanted to give this chance to him. To herself. Even she deserve to be loved. And he loves her. He made her believe that in last few months. He agreed to go to her college when she asked him. She goofed up in her college and was asked to bring someone with her who should talk to the professor. She was worried as hell but he handled it. Not just this. There were more. She saw his efforts. And efforts are beautiful. 

“Arnav ji…” She finally called him. He nodded attentively but didn't look at her. 

“Arnav ji, what if I say that I don't want to go?”

He turned his neck to look at her instantly.  What did she mean by that?

“Means?” He asked with an expression mix of confusion and desperation.

“Means… What if I say that I don't want to walk out of our relationship?” She said in a whisper and without her own knowledge she shifted close to him.

He didn't reply anything but kept looking at her with an unexplainable expression. He didn't knew how to react to it. He had accepted that she wasn't gonna stay. 

“Arnav ji… What will you do if I didn't leave?” She asked in a whisper. Her face close to his as he too leaned near her. 

“Whatever you want me to…” He whispered back.

“And in your opinion?” She asked her eyes flicking between his eyes and lips.

“I will marry you as soon as I could.” He replied in a husky whisper, looking in her eyes.

She didn't say anything. Closing her eyes, she touched her lips with his. He was beyond shocked. He was thinking that she won't stay back and here she initiated something that he didn't even dream of. Here Khushi wasn't thinking anything. She did what her heart asked her to. He too closed her eyes and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, giving in. 

This was something beautiful. Really beautiful for both of them. Everything around them faded away. Nothing more mattered than her giving him a chance. When she closed her eyes leaning in, she knew she wasn't gonna step back. And she wasn't gonna look back too. It's over. And this is a start.

A new start...!

They pulled back in a minute or so. It was the most sweet moment of Khushi's life. She felt her cheeks burning. Mostly because of the after effect of her first kiss and somewhere because of her blush. She felt shy because she intiated all of it in the first place. Arnav too looked away not wanting to make her feel awkward. 

“Bye Arnav ji...” She whispered softly looking down in her lap.

“Bye...” He whispered back.

She looked up at him and gave him a soft smile which made him smile back. She climbed out of the car waved her hand at him. That was his cue to go but he waited untill she went inside. He grinned to himself thinking all of that happened. Instead of going home, he drove back straight to hospital. He wanted to give this news to his siblings. He was starting a fresh with Khushi. Keeping everything back in past.

A new start...!
_____________________________________

This is the last chapter of the book. I don't know what to say now. Amm... I will continue with same.

I hope you all liked the chapter and the book. Do comment and tell me what did you feel after reading it.

🙈 For the first time I tried that kiss scene. That was difficult as hell. I hope I didn't made it cringy.

I want to dedicate this book to rupakukku

Thanks so much for the support you showed when I started this book. I didn't thought that this book will come this long. It was a short story at first place.

And thank you all my readers who stuck with the book till end.

An epilogue is left. I will try to update that soon and then it will be finally over.

I have one more idea, solely concentrating on Arshi. I will se when I can pen it down.

Till then. Take care of your loved ones and yourself. There is so much hate in this world already. So, why not to we all love a bit.

Love❤️
Annie.  

P.S.- This the longest author's note I ever wrote.😅

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

79.6K 7.6K 42
Waqt Ne Kiya Kya Haseen Sitam The boring life of 'Khushi' in 1000 AD, transforms into a roller coster ride when her SIMPLE, UNCOMPLICATED husband-'Ad...
51.2K 2K 9
WON THE 2ND POSITION IN CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS 2021 ... CATEGORY : FANFICTION (HINDI/HINGLISH ONLY) Standalone,highest rank: #4 in acceptance , #23 i...
147K 6.6K 20
How far can love take someone, how better love can make someone...
111K 3.7K 7
Khushi is a 21 year old girl and Arnav is a 28 year old man. Arnav sees Khushi as a sister of his friend, however, all Khushi ever sees is Arnav...sh...