THE LUCKY ONE, audrey hope

By bettyshomeroom

'cause you don't feel pretty, you just feel used ... More

the lucky one
playlist
act one
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ: much cooler than being sad
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ: friends to lovers is a trope
โ–Œdid you miss me?
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฏ: don't fall for the straights
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฐ: no time for jokes
โ–Œthe list goes on

๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ: step out of the louvre

1.4K 62 30
By bettyshomeroom

we learned to live with the pain
mosaic broken hearts

"MMM... NO."

Evangeline scoffed at her friend, who wore a look of disgust on his face. "What's so wrong with this dress, Max, huh?"

The two were attending a party that evening hosted by Julien, and of course, they had to go. Eva insisted that Max come with her to the store to get a new dress, as he was a fashion connoisseur and her best friend. They had been looking through racks and racks for hours on end. When they first arrived at the boutique, the sun was at its peak, and now the sun was nearly set. They barely had any time left until the party.

"Wear it for all I care, but people will be looking, and not in a good way," Max raised his eyebrows, running his hands over a shimmery gold gown. "What about this?" He picked it up off the rack and held it up, turning it so the shimmers glistened in the light.

"Um, maybe as a plan B?" Eva cringed. She hated gold and the way it matched her complexion. She either wore silver or nothing at all, and maybe that was a problem not everyone could relate to, but she just despised gold on her.

"Fine, you find something better."

And find something better she did. As they walked out of the boutique, holding bags in their hands, people stopped to take pictures, paparazzi swarmed, and little girls squealed at the sight of Evangeline.

She was, what some might call, an "it girl." While Julien had influence, Evangeline had power. While Julien was on the runway, Eva was in the front row with a reserved seat. She frequently was compared to Serena Van Der Woodsen, notorious Upper East Side it girl not too long ago. After years of the comparisons, Eva finally looked her up to find out she was a Constance student, just like her, and she finally understood.

Max was used to being the center of attention whenever he was with Eva. He was the center of attention regardless, but years of being friends with Evangeline had taught him ways to avoid paparazzi, what to say to interviewers, etcetera.

Eva and Max had been best friends since before they were even born. Their families were close, so the two grew up together and were at each other's side all the time. When Max came out, she was there. When she came out, he was there. Eva was genuinely afraid that once she went off to college, she would get separation anxiety from being apart from him.

The friends quickly rushed into the Thornton's building, making their way to Eva and her mother's apartment. They greeted her quickly and ran off into the bedroom, changing into their respective evening attires.

Monet came over shortly after Eva had finished getting changed to help her with hair and makeup. Luna, Monet's usual partner-in-crime, was with Julien, helping her get ready as well. The two usually switched off between the two, helping them both appear a certain way for cameras and the media.

Being the expert that she was, Monet was able to create a beautiful look for Eva. She walked over to the mirror once Monet finished, standing beside her two friends. She wore a dark red dress, a black, knee-length blazer, and some black heels. Her hair had been straightened and then curled, giving it a wonderful, naturally looking volume, while her lips were a matching dark red. As for her eyeshadow, it was simple, giving her eyelids a lovely shimmer.

Max, on the other hand, went ham on the colors (compared to Eva). A light sage green button down shirt and brown pants were the choice of the evening for him, and those colors sound like they would be gross together, but it worked. Maybe it was just Max's ability to pull literally everything off.

Monet wore a white, lacey top, black high waisted trousers and a big black blazer as well, looking like badass woman in a suit, which she was. Eva was actually so obsessed with Monet's outfit, that she took a picture of it to save for inspiration another time.

The three took a picture together for Max's Instagram, another for Monet's personal portfolio, and then about five billion more when they stepped out of the apartment building for the paparazzi.

Right next to the curb was a sleek black limousine, hired by Obie, to deliver the three to Julien's party in style. Cameras clicked as they entered, and as soon as the door shut, they all breathed enormous sighs of relief.

The ride to the party was only ten minutes, during which they blasted music at the loudest volume and screamed the lyrics, hoping their throats would last through the night. When they arrived and Eva's security guard opened the door, even more cameras flashed.

Eva linked her arms through Max's and Monet's, the three stepping gracefully across the red carpet that had been laid out and into the hotel, making their way directly to the ballroom. Inside, there were obviously rich people everywhere. It was their expensive gowns and tuxedos that gave them away.

The ballroom was decorated in a gold and white color scheme, big white curtains draping over the windows. A chandelier hung above the dance floor, a DJ set up across from it. The whole place looked like an exorbitant bar or bat mitzvah, if the paparazzi that had somehow managed to sneak in are ignored.

They spotted the group, sitting at a round table in the back, and made their way over. Julien was the first to notice them, jumping out of her seat to greet them.

"You made it!" she exclaimed, hugging all three of them and giving them a kiss on the cheek. She then looked them all up and down, examining their outfits. "You all look so good, I'm gonna cry."

Eva grinned, holding her friend's hands. "Oh my god, says you. Did you step out of The Louvre or something?"

Laughing in surprise, Julien hugged her again. "I love you so much, Eva." She turned to the table, motioning to the three empty seats scattered amongst their friends with her hand. "Have a seat, my darlings!"

Max immediately took the seat next to Obie, while Monet rushed to Luna's side. That left one seat available, and it was the one next to Audrey.

Eva and Audrey hadn't spoken in a few weeks, ever since the letter from Eva's father came in. After everyone came over, they got super drunk and started thinking up ways to get back at her father, and Audrey suggested she write him a letter in return. And write him a letter she did. It was scathing, savage, and searing, ripping him to pieces.

When they woke up in the morning, it was too late. They had already put the letter in the mailbox, forgetting that the mailman collected on Sunday mornings. It was already on its way to her father, and there was no way to get it back.

Eva was furious. It was Audrey's suggestion, and she did it. She was mostly mad at herself, above all things, and she was scared that she would take it out on her. So instead of communicating, Eva did what she did best: ignore people.

As she slid into the seat beside Audrey, her heart pounded. She couldn't even look at her. She tried to join the conversation Aki, Obie, and Max were having next to her, but she couldn't. It was about a class the three of them were taking that she didn't, so there was nothing to talk about.

She was stuck, but she wouldn't be the first to talk. So, she stared at the wall behind Luna, waiting for Audrey to make her play.

Audrey was staring at her, her brown eyes searching Eva's side profile for something, some reaction at all, but there was nothing. She looked like a statue, there was no emotion on her face at all. "Hey, Eva," Audrey whispered.

That was it? That's all she had to say? "Hi," she replied monotonously, keeping her eyes trained on the wall. Her leg, however, was bouncing under the cover of the white cloth that was on top of the table.

"It's been a little while," noted Audrey. She was trying anything to make conversation, and she so desperately wanted to speak to her again.

But Eva wouldn't give in. "No shit."

"Can we talk?"

"No."

"Eva, please.

The brunette huffed, her head whipping to the side to look at the blonde beside her. "Fine, but not here." She grabbed Audrey's hand and stood from the table, the two making their way to the bathroom for a very much long-awaited "talk".

authors note:

hihihihihihihihi!!!!!! i am so sorry ab yesterday's constant changes LMFAO i changed the faceclaim and then i had to change all of the gifs and the moodboard and liyerally everything so i apologize!!!!!!

i know this is my second fic and i haven't even updated loveworm yet but im very excited ab this !!! i hope u all enjoyed <33333 vote or else i'll kill u xoxo /j

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

533K 32.7K 97
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
118K 3.2K 72
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
2.2M 112K 63
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
251K 10.4K 37
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹