The Mark on Us ( A Destiel Fa...

By paige813

Ever since Dean Winchester got the Mark of Cain on his arm, his world has been turned upside down. His humani... More

Preface
A Beginning
Gone
Stay or Go
Angel Fever
An Unexpected Turn
Colette
The Sun, the Moon, The Truth
Farewell My Almost Lover
Everything Is Not What It Seems
The End of the Story
Authors Note

The Ultimate Price

2.3K 65 34
By paige813

        After disclosing some information on where exactly they would meet to discuss all of this, he immediatly hung up from the phone, relatively in shock. Dean knew that the words that this man spoke of couldn't possibly be true, especially when Cain himself didn't even know of a way to find peace. Yet, this was the closest thing he had to taking off the Mark for good and he wanted to make sure if it was the real deal or not. He wouldn't confide in Cas or Sam about this current matter because he didn't want to get their hopes up. But mainly it was due to the fact that, deep down, Dean knew that trouble was brewing and the last thing he wanted was for them to be involved again in his messes.

        Dean lets out a long sigh and stares down at his Mark that he tries desperately to avoid at all costs. The Mark of Cain seems to grow in size each day and that seems to frighten him more than the burning sensation that folllows it. Pain he could handle. It was the impending state of things that always made his heart skip a beat. He wouldn't care if the Mark consumed him whole and left him for dead, as long as nobody got killed in the crossfire. Against all odds, he was the one that deserved it the most. All the pain he caused people. All the death his own 2 eyes has witnessed throughout his life on this earth and that wasn't even counting the innocent lives lost just because he was a second too late. All of these things can be traced back to one common variable and that was him.

        He got up and walked to the bathroom, hoping a nice steamy shower would clear his thoughts and help ease the pain the Mark was inflicting upon him. Dean knew why the Mark was lashing back at him and making him feel this certain way but he chose not to acknowledge it. The moment that thought would enter his head is the moment he could never turn back from. The Mark always found ways to twist things in a manner that made him fuel with rage and longing. Even if it was just for a millisecond, Dean would find it extremely difficult to hold onto sane thoughts and climb his way back. It was almost an impossible task and that made him realize just how far he really was from his humanity.

        He turned on the shower the hottest it would go and watched as the mirror instantly fogged up. It was strange to him how, in such a little amount of time, things could change so easily. He swiped across the glass, studying himself for the first time in a while. Mirrors use to be his friend when he was a hot-headed teenager but now it seemed to be his enemy. Not because of the wrinkles building up along his eyes and mouth. Those were just a constant reminder that he was getting older and the weight of his hunting life was piling on heavier than usual. It was the fear that, one day, Dean is going to look into the mirror and not recognize the person staring back at him. That his apple green eyes are going to morph into black ones and his face will be coated in layers of blood. Not his blood but the blood of those he cares about most.

        That is not something that comes easily to his mind so he busies himself with taking off his clothes. His pants were to his ankles, ready to be stepped out of, when a faint knock was heard at the door.

        He rolled his eyes and scratched at his head. "Sam don't you know that there are plenty of other bathrooms in the bunker. Why do you have to always pick the on I am in? I mean honestly dude?"

        "Dean. It's me." A deep voice boomed from behind the door and the tension Dean was feeling instantly vanished. He didn't quite know yet what it was about that angel that could make him feel so at peace but, at that moment, he didn't really seem to care.

"Doors unlocked." 

The door opens and Cas slowly walks in, shutting it behind him. When he sees that Dean only has his boxers on he averts his eyes to the shower still steaming away. He thought that gesture was funny seeing that he had no problem sucking him off but when he had clothes on it was the most scandalous thing in the world. Not clothes. Anything but the clothes.

He crosses his arms and shifts his eyebrows up.

"So what did you want Cas? Because I came here to take a shower like normal humans do so if you want to talk, talk now. Otherwise I'll just strip in front of you and get wet."

Cas takes a cautious step forward and looks him in the eyes.

"I bet you would like that, would you Dean? Getting undressed and dripping liquids from body parts that you would die for me to lick up. You would love for me to put my mouth on a certain body part, wouldn't you? Put it on there until you hit that sweet and delicate spot and you scream my name at the top of your lungs. I can see it in the way you look at me. You pratically begging for me to do it, aren't you?" He tilts his head and let his eyes wander downwards, all the while knowing how Deans face has altered from smug to a half-smile.

"Uh..me? No. I don't enjoy doing that sort of thing Cas."

He edges slightly closer and Cas palms at his crotch through his boxers, never once breaking eye contact with him. He then places soft butterfly kisses on his neck, working his way up to his jawline. 

"Are you positive about that Dean?"

He arches his neck up, releasing an unintentional moan that echoed throughout the tiled room. He gripped the trenchcoat in his hands, melting his body against his, letting Castiels hands wander all over him. Soft angelic lips ended up meeting his and greedily drinks in every square inch of him. Taking his waist, he shoves Cas against the wall and sheds him of his coat and his shirt underneath it so only his bare chest is shown. Dean presses his body against his, putting his hands on either side of his face so he could make sure he wasn't going anyone. Not like the thought ever appeared to cross the angels mind, by the looks of his hands retrieving a little something from Deans underwear and rubbing it slowly. He lets out a small gasp as a bit of pre-cum coats Cas's fingers and Dean retracts himself from his touch, moving down towards his belt buckle. He puts his hand on the angels waist and he easily takes off his pants, sliding without a problem to the floor. Dean was about to busy himself with another dirty task but a hand gripped him tightly on his arm causing him to be yanked back up. He looked at him with puzzlement settling in his expression. Yet understanding coursed through him when his fingers moved over the Mark with an expressionless face. Dean couldn't decide if it was fear. Confusion. Anger of even all three of those emotions. Nevertheless, he searched his eyes for any explanation as to why he hadn't told anyone about how his condition was getting worse. Or if he cared about himself in the slightest. And more and more yelling rising from Castiels throat, being of more concern than anything else. He didn't bother answering his endless slew of questions and it didn't appear that Castiel was waiting for any reponse. He just gathered his clothes and stormed off, slamming the door as if to make a point at how frustrating Dean was making him. And in every way possible, he was right. Making the people he love cry or become angry at him seems to be a daily occurence that arises from being around him. So when he came out of the shower and got on a new set of clothing, he grabs a jacket to head out to meet the person that may change his life for the better. Or make him fall harder.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 He stops at the destination that he had scribbled on a piece of scrap paper from the man that described it. He does a double take and had to rub his eyes several times to make sure he was seeing things right but, sure enough, it was still the same. It was the barn he had killed Cain in. All the doubts he had began to rise up again and he stormed in angrily grabbing at his knife he had brought with him. Dean stopped suddenly in his path when he noticed that nobody was residing here. Of course the one strand of hope that he had was completely gone and was there almost to taunt him. Saying that he'll never truly be himself again and this was indeed a trap.

Turning around, he headed back to the  barn door, grabbing for the handles so he could leave this nightmare behind. Yet he couldn't open it because it was locked.

"Going somewhere so soon?"

Dean jumps at the noise that comes out of nowhere and moves his body around so he could see who said those words.

"The Trickster? Oh you have got to be kidding me. I knew something was up the moment I stepped into this barn. What do you want this time? Come to turn me into a girl for the fun of it? Or perhaps kill me to finally get me out of the way. And besides I thought you were dead. How in the world did you make it out of there?"

He chuckles and winks at him, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Very interesting observation Dean Winchester but I am not the angel by the name of Gabriel. I am something that you haven't faced before and a rather rare creature that isn't on any hunters radar. I plan to keep it that way if you don't mind. One of my abilities is taking a person from someones memory and making it so that we can easily be trusted. I see the expression on your face and you needn't worry about my kind. We don't use our abilities for squandering others. We live among you unnoticed and that is the way it should be."

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't chop your head off right this moment?"

"Because, that sort of thing doesn't kill my kind at all and I do have some information that you seemed to hold quite dear. Seeing that you met a complete stranger in this disclosed location, I believe that you must want to hear what I have to say."

"How do you know about my condition anyway?"

He shakes his head and laughs almost like that was the funniest thing in the world.

"Are you kidding me? The Mark of Cain being transferred to a mere human that is absolutely terrifying by himself is something that can cause quite the gossip. Anyone that has ears knows about you Dean Winchester. Meeting with you is something my peers don't see as...how would you say...right. They rather I kill you or torture you but I'm more of a peaceful person seeking to help out others."

"Your kind doesn't squander others? Now I see that as a lie."

"Okay..well I don't take advantage of others and use my abilities for wrong. Other than that we are completely harmless, I swear it."

Dean twirls around his knife in is hand and stares at the man with an appearance of boredom in his green eyes.

"Do you have information on how to get rid of this damn thing or did you come here to ask me out for dinner?"

"Well there is a nice restaurant down the street that serves the place spaghetti I have ever tried if you want to go there overwards."

He skrews his eyebrows together and tilts his head.

"I am joking. I mean you of all people should know that."

"You know what..This here was just a waste of my time so I think I'll just leave and maybe track down your ass later on to kill you."

"Dean Winchester, stay and listen to my words because what I am about to say may change your life forever."

He sits down on a bundle of hay and looks up at the man wearing Gabriels face, shrugging his shoulders.

"My species used to work among the angels way before God first created mankind. We were actually procurred centuries before that of the angels so you can say we know a lot more than we seem to be letting on. Well, when the world started to get corrupted and a whole bunch of war began, most of the original document written by the big man himself, got destroyed. But, lucky for me, I thought ahead, unlike most, and stored some of the major ones away so nothing can get to it. One of the information being on the Mark of Cain."

"Well that's great then. Give me the document and I'll be on my way."

"It isn't that simple. The tablet got destroyed a couple centuries ago in another war. Good thing I have a good memory. The information I am going to supply to you is something that should stay completely confidential between you and I, Dean Winchester. Do you understand that?"

Nodding his head, he stands up and approaches him so he could hear better. Then the man grabbed Dean by the shirt and held him up in the air. He did it so easily that it made him seem like he weighed no more than a sheet of paper.

"I mean it. You can't tell this to your brother. To the angel Castiel. Or to anyone else. This stays at the barn and in the minds of both of us. If used incorrectly it could destroy humanity as we know it. Do you understand?"

"Yes I understand."

He places him down and straightens his shirt.

"The Mark of Cain can be vaporized from the face of this universe. There will be no more Mark and the Blade will cease to function also from the lack of proper connection. But there is one catch Dean Winchester and I am not sure this is something that you want to hear."

"I didn't come here to play games. Just tell me already goddammit."

"You see, God had a funny way of going about things. I'm sure you have seen some of his popular work written by some of the scribes of God. This certain way of ridding a person of the Mark comes with the ultimate price that he always seems to favor in his methods. For the Mark to be gone from you, you have to sacrifice yourself in the crossfire. I'm afraid if you go through with this, Dean Winchester, you will die. You cannot be ressurrected or pulled back in anyway, shape or form. You will be dead."

"I suppose it's what I deserve most after all the pain I have caused people."

"That's not the worst part. Like I said, the Mark will be gone from existence but, ultimately, so will you. You will be erased from everyones memories like you simply were never there. Everything that happened up until this very moment will still exist but it will be only them in the memories, possibly even replaced by someone else. The Mark of Cain is seen as the most deadliest sin Dean Winchester. So you have to pay the deadliest price. I do realize this is alot to take in so I will give you some time to think if you want to go through with this. But you only have til midnight of Friday night to think about it. That gives you 2 days to make up your mind. It must be done on this full moon only or the opportunity will pass. Good night."

The man dissappeared and all was silent

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148 12 4
The choice had been easy. It hadn't even been a choice, really. He had everything planned out in his head, the materials he'd need, the words he had...
7.3K 618 43
It was normal night at the Winchester home; Dean and Sam trying to fall asleep while their parents were watching tv in the living room. But somethin...
523 29 6
A Fluffy lil Destiel fix-it (the interim between 15x19 and 15x20) "Cas. You're...beautiful. So fucking beautiful. Can I...?" Dean finally broke the s...
2.1K 132 20
"have you tried turning it off and on again?" Cas and Dean. Dean and Cas. You would never see one without the other. The Winchester boys had lived ne...