√ | false promises, 𝐩𝐞𝐲𝐭�...

By sadessinks

BOOK 1/3 of The Rekindling Hearts series. [ description ] ⤷ Peyton and Chad were supposed to be high... More

FALSE PROMISES
P L A Y L I S T
A R T G A L L E R Y
E P I G R A P H
A C T I ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
i. la isn't too shabby
ii. long time no see
iii. long time no see ( part 2 )
iv. truth or truth
v. what is love?
vi. the lost & found
vii. the night
viii. weak
ix. lie, lie, lie
x. the vampire diaries
A C T II ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xi. debacles of life
xii. ripping off the bandaid
xiii. eyes off you
xiv. welcome home
xv. engagement party
xvi. it's just sex
xviii. these are my confessions ( part 2 )
ixx. letting go
xx. every time
A C T III ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xxi. devilish smiles
xxii. stay
xxiii. in the moutains
xxiv. the end of an era
xxv. the rebound
xxvi. it's ok not to be ok
xxvii. nanny carrie all over again, except not
xxviii. nanny carrie all over again, except not ( part 2 )
xxix. daydreaming
xxx. that's what love is
A C T IV ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xxxi. meet cute
xxxii. bluebird in the spring
xxxiii. bluebird in the spring ( part 2 )
xxxiv. heart made up on you
xxxv. point of view
xxxvi. just another day
xxxvii. oh, why universe?
xxxviii. death is upon
xxxix. don't stop believin'
xl. proper introduction
A C T V ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xli. emo girl
xlii. two weeks until wedding
xliii. the day we met
xliv. week of wedding
xlv. bachelor / ette
xlvi. day of wedding
xlvii. day of wedding: reception ( part 2 )
xlviii. til death do us part
xlix. hope you're ok
l. happy beginnings
THANK YOU
BOOK TWO
BOOK THREE

xvii. these are my confessions

607 48 0
By sadessinks

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  xvii. | these are my confessions

It's been two months since of everything. Ashley left Peyton with a few thoughts in her head and problems she has to figure out but first was making amends with everyone even though some of them don't know that there is a problem. First on her list was Haley. It was mostly for guidance, she really needed it right now. Especially since she's marrying Lucas Scott in a few weeks.

Peyton was only a few minutes from the James-Scott household. She just hopes that Haley would be understanding even though there's nothing really to understand, she fucked up but right now she just wants to at least make everything better. Which means telling Lucas about what happened even if that means not getting married.

She parked the car in the driveway then turned it off. She got out and made her way to the door, then lightly knocking on it. She waited patiently and after a few minutes, someone answered the door. It was Haley's sister, quinn.

"Haley's not here right now, but I can tell her you stop by." Quinn said.

"Yeah." Peyton nodded, "Tell her I'll be at Brooke's." And with that, Peyton shot quinn a quick smile before making her way back to her car and began to drive to Brooke's place.

• • •

"Hey, so what's been going on?" Brooke sat next to Peyton on the couch that was in front of the kitchen after she closed the front door.

"I have some things to tell you.." Peyton turned to Brooke, "I don't know how you're going to react but I need a friend right now."

"You know I got you Peyton . . . . anything, really." Brooke took her hand in her's.

Peyton let out a long sigh before starting to roll into the drama between her and Chad. Brooke just nodded and gave her sympathy looks. Honestly, when she heard what Peyton and Chad did, she didn't feel a kind of way about it. All she felt was sorry for Peyton, Chad, and Lucas. And now all she can do is help Peyton figure out what she can do.

Brooke wrapped her arms around Peyton, as she cried on her shoulder. Just as Brooke kissed the top of Peyton's head, there was a knock on her front door. Brooke unraveled herself from Peyton, then began to make her way to the door. She opened it and it was her teacher friend.

"Hey, hales." Brooke greeted her.

"Haley—" Peyton turned, her voice in a groggy tone.

Haley walked through the door over to Peyton, "What's going on?" She looked between the blonde and the burnette.

Peyton had told Haley everything and how messed up she felt afterwards. She didn't want to hurt either of them, that wasn't her intention . . . . but she did. What shocked them though is when Peyton blurted out she loved both of them, Chad and Lucas. No, she isn't interested in a poly relationship . . . . she just needs to start following her heart and not her head.

Peyton just had her head leaning on Brooke's shoulder as she sobbed, while Haley had her hand rested on Peyton's leg. It was a moment of silence and for some reason Peyton was a little taken back. She thought Haley would be pissed but she wasn't. She thought Brooke would be mad but she wasn't either.

Peyton sat up, "I need to go talk to the boys." She then started wiping her tears away.

Brooke put her hands up, "Woah, pause."

"Yeah. I get Lucas but Chad? He was apart of all this." Haley spoke as Brooke nodded in agreement.

"I played with his feelings, I led him on. He deserves an explanation of why I said yes to Luke." Peyton said. "God, this is just like high school."

"What does that mean?" Brooke asked.

"Nothing, nothing." Peyton shook her head. Brooke and Haley just gave her a look as if she was lying, "Nothing! I promise."

They both nodded and Peyton stood up from the couch. She grabbed her purse from the chair and made her way to the door but just before she opened it, Haley spoke up.

"Peyton . . . are you sure Lucas is the one? You told him twice you'll think about it then you had sex with Chad. You wouldn't have done that if you knew that there was a part of who that didn't want to marry him." Peyton was about to say something but Haley continued, "All I'm saying is figure out what you want cause a month will go by pretty fast. And once you're at that alter, it'll be too late."

Peyton lightly nodded before opening the door, closing it behind her and then heading to her car that she's had since high school. Once she got in on the driver's side, she immediately buckled up. After that, she started the car and drove to the house that her and Luke share. It wasn't just a house they shared though, it was the house that he grew up in and ending it with him there was going to be very painful.

• • •

She opened the door to her house and walked in. Lucas came rushing out the bedroom with excitement on his face.

"So I had this great idea and I built it. It's for the wedding and I really want you to see it." He said excitedly as he took Peyton's hand in his.

As he began to pull her to the room, she abruptly stopped. "We need to talk. It's important."

"What is it?" Lucas questioned.

Peyton told him everything. He was angry, then sad, understanding and then upset again. His emotions were all over the place. Lucas wasn't alone though. Peyton felt the same feelings he felt and she was sorry.

"Did you ever love me?" He questioned between gritted teeth.

"I do love you. I will always love you, I just don't love you the same way anymore." Peyton said.

"I wanna be alone Peyton." He continued to stare into nothingness.

"Luke—" She began but he cut her off.

"I wanna be alone!" He yelled. It didn't scare her when he rose his voice. He was angry, so she understood.

She nodded her head and made her way to the door. As her hand rested on the knob about to turn it, she lastly looked back at him. He has then moved from the kitchen into the living room. She sighed and then continued to open the door to go to one last stop on her make amends list.

a/n:
so she ended it with Luke.
what do y'all think will
happen next? do you think
Peyton is making the right
decision?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

850 140 23
Book #1 in The Boy series. EDITED!! May need some more just comment on the parts that need it. RE-WRITING!!! All rights reserved Ⓒ Copyright 2022 L...
12.4K 199 41
"I'm gonna give you butterflies. I'm gonna let you feel every part of my body and I'm gonna feel every part of yours. Every single inch you want me t...
35 1 9
In the event of an attack on Brooke, who will she turn to for support and comfort? To whom will she confide in and rely on for assistance in healing...
83K 2.5K 36
[completed] *Book 1 of the Colorado Ink series* Freya: I thought being dumped by my boyfriend right before I left for college was the worst thing th...