Showing Them The Light (IPKKN...

By Anniewrites5

Advay Singh Raizada, elder twin of Arnav Singh Raizada, is coming back to India. To correct every wrong. To p... More

Introduction
Introduction-II (OPTIONAL)
1. Advay Singh Raizada
2. Homecoming
3. Understanding The Misunderstanding
4. Realising The Mistake
5. Correcting The Wrong
6. Apologies and Stopping Her
7. A Trap
8. Understanding Love
9. Unveiling The Bitter Truth
10. Aftermath
11. Gathering Scattered Emotions
12. Betraying The Betrayer
13. Is this the end?
14. Wooing Her
15. Nurturing Relationships
Author's Note
16. In Pursuit of a chance
17. Not giving up
18. Getting used to her anger
19. Chances & Confusions
20. Spending time
21. Bringing her back
22. Normalising Life
24. 'A New Start...!'

23. Waiting

2.4K 223 37
By Anniewrites5

Today was the day of Anjali's baby shower and on this day only, families decided to have Advay and Chandini's engagement. The Raizada mansion was decorated beautifully. Guests had already started coming. 

“Anjali…” Alok called her as he was standing beside her. She looked up at him with a smile.

“Are you fine?” He asked for hundredth time. She let out a long breath.

“Alok… Go and stand with Cheeku! Go!” 

“Arre… But why?” 

“Because I had enough of you asking me if I am fine or not! If I will feel uncomfortable, I will tell you.”

He nodded and then merged with guests. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Khushi was looking here and there in the corridor near the stairs. She most probably was searching for something.

“Hey Devi Maiya! Sab musibat hume hi kyun jhelni padti hai”

(Oh God! Only I have to face all the problems)

She muttered as she held her lehenga and searched. 

“Khushi…? What are you looking for?” Arnav asked. He was going downstairs, getting all ready for the ceremony when he saw her.

“Payal…” She muttered still searching. 

“But Payal is downstairs…” She looked at him and slapped her forehead.

“Anklet Arnav ji! Anklet! Jiji nhi!” 

“Oh! Wait I will help you…”

Both searched for few minutes and finally he found it. 

“Here it is..”

She smiled wide seeing her anklet in his hands. He walked to her and she forwarded her hand to take it from him. Instead of giving her, he crouched down.

“Arnav ji…” She called startled looking down but then felt him making her wear the anklet.

“Thank you…” She whispered after he got up.

He smiled at her and walked down.

They didn't have a proper talk after she said that she don't trust him.

‘He is being a gentleman. He is being patient. He is doing everything he should. And that too correctly. But he isn't my Arnav ji. Not yet.’

She thought and went downstairs. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

“Stop it Advay…” Chandni hushed Advay.

He was whispering continuously, standing beside her while she was greeting guests who were coming to meet her.

“What stop it!” He said normally and she  looked at him with her big eyes.

“What do you want?” She had enough of him.

“I am telling you before hand that I won't forward you my hand when it will be your turn to make me wear the ring.” 

“Kya bachpana hai yeh?” 

(What kind of childishness is this?)

“Arey kyun? Feeling much shy to take my hand yourself? Huh?” He mocked. 

“Ha! I am! Any problem with that!” He looked at her with amused smile.

“Or tum mujhe kya keh rahe ho?! Tumne toh mujhe abhi tak I love you bhi nhi bola!” She continued and stepped near him.

(And why are you saying this all to me? You even said an ‘I love you’ to me!)

“Mene tumhe propose kiya na! Tumne accept kiya na! Bas!” He too stepped near her. 

(I proposed you na! You accepted it na! Then!)

“Haan par mene I love you bola! Tumne toh abhi tak nhi bola!” She raised her head more and his head was already bent to look at her.

(Ha! But I said ‘I love you’! You haven't said it till now!)

His breath fell on her face and she forgot what they were arguing about. His eyes fell on her lips which could touch his anytime if he didn't step back. Then his eyes met hers and knew he should stop right now. She could see all the admiration for herself in his eyes. His eyes speak volumes. Knowing it wasn't the best time to get lost in his eyes, she looked down and acted of adjusting her lehenga. He looked away, a taking deep breath and rubbed his nape. 

She raised her eyes to look at him. At the same time composing himself, he looked at her. 

“You want to hear me say that?” He asked looking deep in her eyes. She nodded. 

“Make some efforts.” Bending down he whispered in her ear and walked away greeting a guest.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The baby shower ceremony was a joyous moment. Everyone blessed Anjali and her child and no one dared to say anything wrong because all three A's were present there. Advay, Arnav and Akash. Things can't become any more normal here. 

Khushi and Payal helped Anjali with all the gifts that were placed in her lap. Payal went to keep the gifts safely in the room upstairs while Khushi helped Anjali in the nearby room to make her change in a more comfortable yet partywear outfit. 

She was coming out leaving Anjali in when Mami ji stopped her.

“Khushi! Bhere are the ringswa? Do you know?” 
(Khushi, do you know, where are the rings?)

“Mami ji… Amm… Ha! They are in Arnav ji's room.” 

“Go! Go! Get them fast!” Mami instructed her and she went upstairs, nodding to her.

Knowing Arnav is downstairs she didn't knock and entered the room. Looking around she didn't find the rings.

“Ohho Arnav ji! Have he kept them in his cupboard?” She muttered to herself and walked up to his closet.

“Should I open it without his permission?” She stopped, thinking to herself.

“Nhi nhi Khushi! Laad governor ko gussa aa gya toh? Waise hi gussa nak pe rehta hai!” 

(No, no, Khushi! What if Arnav ji got angry?)

Deciding to ask Arnav to fetch the rings, she went towards the door. As she opened the door to go out, she collided with someone and hand in a reflex, flew up to her nose, covering it.

“Hey devi Maiya!” It left her mouth instantly.

Removing her hand from her nose, she looked up with a frown.

“Arnav ji…”

“Ab… Tumhe laga toh nhi?” He asked. She shook her head. 

(I didn't hurt you, did I?)

“Did you get the rings? Everyone is waiting downstairs.” 

She shook her head.

“Why?” He asked and walked in.

“They are in your closet and I didn't want to open it without asking you. So..” She fidgeted with her fingers. She didn't want him to get sad today. He is already very much at a distance from her. And they are in a girlfriend boyfriend relationship. How ironic?

“It's okay Khushi! You can open my closet, drawers anytime you want to.”

Her heart fluttered. Way before Shyam fiasco, there was a time when he didn't even liked her presence. Let alone allow her to access his things.

He snapped his fingers in front of her face bringing her back to earth.

“Chale? Everyone is waiting downstairs.” She nodded.

“There they are.” Mama ji spotted both of them as they were coming down the stairs.

Khushi immediately rushed to Chandni's side not wanting anyone to say anything about her or Arnav. Arnav also walked towards Advay and stood by his side. Arnav handed over a ring box to Advay. 

Chandni smiled at Advay as he opened the box and took out ring. Very gently he took her left hand and slid the ring on her ring finger. Almost everyone clapped. She smiled wide at him. He bent down and softly kissed the back of her hand. This earned them more claps and hoots. She looked down blushing. 

Now it was her turn to put on the ring on his hand. Khushi gave her the ring and she forwarded her hand for him to take. But he didn't. And he wasn't even looking at her. He was looking everywhere with a smirk on his face.

“Cheeku!” Anjali called him and he attentively turned to her with smirk intact on his face. She signalled him with her eyes to take Chandni's hand but he didn't. Moreover, his smirk widened. By now, everyone knew what was happening. And this made Chandni hell embarrassed. She wanted to go and hide somewhere from everyone's teasing glance. Somebody from the guests whom she didn't recognise suggested her to take his hand herself. She turned more red hearing the statement.

Not wanting to hear any more advices and to take more embarrassment she took Advay's hand forcefully in hers which was by his side all the time. This earned them more hooting then last time. She slid the ring on his finger and saw a satisfied smile on his face. It turned into a victory smirk when he noticed her looking at him. She gave him a fake smile.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The ceremony was completed amidst a joyful, tension-free, teasing environment. Advay and Chandni were standing beside eachother greeting guests who were coming to congratulate them. Chandni was ignoring Advay royally. Anjali came and stood beside Chandni as Alok came patted Advay's shoulder.

“Finally! I thought this day will never come.” Alok spoke teasing. 

“Your thought process is distorted. Fix an appointment with your doctor.” Arnav commented on what Alok said, coming out of nowhere and twins shared a hi-fi. 

“Really Di!! I am so happy for you and Alok!!” They heard Chandni squeal and looked at her to find her clapping to herself with excitement.

“Shh.. shush…” Anjali tried to stop her but failed.

“Di! I was shipping you and Alok from long back and see my ship sailed…” She did a happy dance standing at her place. 

Anjali slapped her forehead as she saw Arnav and Advay heard everything. This not how she wanted to tell them!

Finding both the twins focused in listening, Alok very silently took steps back and slipped away from there. Kya bharosa kya kar dein ye dono!

But the damage was already done. Soon whole family will know what is happening here.

.
.
.
.
.
.

“Caught you!” Advay said, circling his arm around Alok's neck, coming from behind. Arnav too came and stood on the other side of Alok.

Alok smiled at them.

“Caught me? I was here only… Why this catching thing?”

“Hmm… You started the catching game…” Advay replied with a sweet smile which spoke volumes. What the hell is going in his mind?!

“Leave it! The topic is you and Di are together? Hmm?” Arnav asked strictly, coming to the topic which made Alok gulp.

“We are.” Alok replied without wavering, gathering all the courage he had.

Arnav and Advay looked at each other and Advay held Alok tightly, with his arm around his neck. Alok coughed.

“Bhai… Maarega kya?” Alok asked Advay, with a playful yet nervous smile.

(Bro... Are you gonna hit me?)

“Only if you hurted her or the coming baby…” Arnav replied on Advay's behalf.

“You know, I won't.”

None of the twins said anything on this statement. Alok glanced at both of them. Arnav left to meet some other guests, shaking his head, thinking something. Alok looked at Advay.

“Chalein jeeja ji!”

(Shall we? Brother-in-law?)

Advay spoke playfully with a lopsided smile.

“Abe hatt!!”

(Get lost!)

Alok scoffed and jerked Advay's arm away, making him laugh out loud. 

Alok walked away, making a face leaving a laughing Advay behind. He is never gonna hear the end of this from Advay. Not even Chandni will tease him the way he will do.

.
.
.
.

The day ended well with everyone being happy. No one had any objection with Alok Anjali's relationship. Everything was going fine.
____________________________________

Two months later…

“Don't worry Arnav ji… She will be fine…” Khushi consoled an anxious Arnav, sitting beside him, rubbing his shoulder.

They were sitting in the hospital corridor as Anjali went into labor. 

Arnav was at home, tending to his plants. He saw Anjali coming towards him with the support of walls and other things near her, holding her round baby bump. Her face contorted in pain. Before she could lose her balance, he caught her. She informed him that she was having strong contractions and she can go into labour any minute. Without wasting time, he made her sit in the car and brought her to hospital.

By the time, her condition got worsen which made him worried sick. The only name he could remember in the situation was of Khushi as his mind went off, not knowing what to do. He called her and told her everything. She understood that he was lost in such situation. She assured him that she is coming. She reached Raizada mansion, grabbed Anjali's maternity bag and informed everyone that Anjali is in hospital. She also made sure that everybody do not rush hospital. She called Alok who was in office and informed him who panicked. Alok, Advay and Chandni can come here anytime soon.

“Arnav ji… Di is strong… Nothing will go wrong…” She whispered. He took her hand,  which was rubbing his shoulder, in his both hands.

“Thank you…” He spoke looking at her. She nodded slowly, with a slight smile.

“Is she fine?” Alok asked in a worried tone approaching them. He was followed by Chandni and Advay.

It broke their moment and Khushi shifted away from him, making him leave her hand.

“She-” Before Arnav could complete they heard her scream from inside. 

“I hope she is fine…” Chandni spoke to no one. 

The doctor came out of the room and everyone rushed to her. 

“Doctor, how much time it will take?” Advay asked. She smiled at them.

“You guys need to relax. It's five o'clock right now. Baby must be arriving by night. And don't worry. She is perfectly fine. No complications. It's her first baby right?” 

“Yes..” Alok answered.

“Hmm.. my guess was right…” She mumbled to herself and then looked at them.

“Look at your faces! Relax guys! She will be fine..” She assured them and walked away.

“Isn't she too young? Will she be able to handle?” Advay spoke looking at the doctor walking away.

“Shush!!” Chandni chided him to stay quite.

Alok leaned back on the wall while Chandni and Advay sat near the room door, side by side. Arnav and Khushi took their place on the seats in front of the room door. They all were waiting. Waiting for a little angel to arrive.
_____________________________________

Hey readers!!
I am back with another update!
I hope you liked it.

I am dedicating this update to my reader _ingenuity_phoenix

Thank you for your comments dear. They motivated me enough to write this one.

Only one more chapter and epilogue is left. I wanna complete this soon as I have my exam. I will try na update soon.

Till then, take of yourself. All of you.

Love❤️
Annie.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.4K 3.5K 15
#3 in ASR as of 20th August 2020 Arnav, Khushi and Anjali are childhood friends. They have been together since Khushi was 5 and now she is 25. 20 ye...
189K 6.8K 24
This is a story about Khushi Gupta and Arnav Singh Raizada. They were both in love with each other since childhood.However, due to some misunderst...
52.3K 3K 23
A blissful marriage between two individuals who already lost so much in life.. will their past allow them to lead a peaceful present... An Arshi love...
412K 13K 35
20 May 2019 #209 out of 296K on 22/06/2019 in #shortstory #1 out of 116 on 22/06/2019 in #gupta #15 out of 1.21K on 22/06/19 in #ipkknd #20 out of 1...