Amortentia

By Lady_Versailles

Tom doesn't hate Harriel Peverell like the rest of the kids in the orphanage. She's odd. She's weird. She's e... More

Prologue

The new girl

2.7K 134 25
By Lady_Versailles

Tom doesn't know why everyone is jumping about.

The orphanage has been in a wreck of havoc lately, Tom wants to know what has everyone jumping around as though they just found out the most life changing news.

Even Billy didn't bother him today.

Not that Tom would let him get away with it of course.

They burnt the bridge of mercy a long time ago.

As he makes his way down the stairs he can see everyone crowding over someone.

A new person.

A new pain in the butt.

A new problem.

Why are they so excited?

Tom has yet to see her face, assuming that she was nothing special he chooses to sit at his own secluded part of the table.

As the matron comes in he can see her fretting over the new girl as if she was something special.

Now Tom's curious.

The matron doesn't exactly like people.

As he try's to make it discreet, well as discreet as a 9 year old can.

She was beautiful.

It was as if all the air was knocked out of his lungs.

He felt as if he could't breathe.

The way her blood red hair tumbled down in waves cascading her back.

How her piercing emerald green eyes gleamed,

Or how her sun kissed skin looked golden under the lights.

There was only one word to describe her.

Ethereal.

She was out of this world.

He was entranced.

Infatuated.

He had never felt like this before, he had never had such a feeling. So warm, so happy. He wanted to keep this feeling with him forever. He wanted to keep her forever. 

He was going to keep her.

Yes, it's not like he hadn't kept things before.

He keeps the toys from the other children, so why shouldn't he keep her?

Tom would keep her.

End of discussion.

He would talk to her after, when everyone is gone. 

He could tell she came from money, if not by her clothes by her mannerism.

She looked so happy.

It made Tom happy.

Tom rarely felt happy.

Tom liked feeling happy.

As he waited for the porridge the orphanage usually gave out, to say he was shocked when he saw the matrons come out of the kitchens with actual meals. Meat, potatoes, peas and gravy. Clean water, cordial. He was having a battle with himself to not let his emotions show. Showing emotions means showing weakness. That didn't stop the others from showing emotions though. They were all devouring everything with a hunger one would see in animals. Tom could see the new girl was shocked with their mannerisms. He was too.

"Matron, where did this come from?"

Now this seemed to pick up everyone's interest, especially Tom's. If Tom was anyone else he wouldn't of noticed how the unnamed new girl had shrunk into herself. If Tom was anyone else he wouldn't of noticed the way she attempted to leave unnoticed. Yet Tom wasn't anyone else, he was Tom Riddle child genius, a prodigy and a child with to many mental illness's that go unnoticed.

"Well you see dear, Harriel has been such a sweetheart she had decided to donate to the orphanage. In fact I believe we have more than enough to buy new clothes for everyone! Bedding too!"

At this everyone stared at the newly named Harriel with awe, greed and envy.

She smiled sheepishly.

"It's the least I can do for taking me in." She smiles.

It was wonderful.

It seems as if that was the right thing to say seeing the Matron's face go all soft.

Pathetic, then again Tom would look like that if she had smiled at him that way too.

He understood.

As the days go past Tom hasn't found any time to get her alone.

It's as if the other's were purposefully keeping her away from Tom.

He understood.

They were in the way.

He would have to pick them off one by one, in the future or now it doesn't truly matter.

As days turn into weeks Tom becomes restless.

Finally he finds her picking flowers out of the garden, in a lovely yellow sundress and a beach hat. She looked out of this world.

Tom plucks up the courage and taps her shoulder.

As she turns around she gives Tom a pretty smile.

So genuine, so pretty.

Tom never had someone show him such an action.

He smiles, turning on his charm.

"Hello there, I'm Tom. I've seen you around but I wasn't able to say anything with the others always following you."

"Oh yes I can admit that may be troublesome. I'm Harriel, would you like to be friends?"

She had a french under tone to her voice.

Not enough to say she had grown up there though, so maybe it's her second language?

"Sure, sorry to assume but are you french? You have a french undertone that's all."

"No, but my mother was french. I've visited quite often as well maybe that's it."

Ahh yes that would make sense.

"Do you need help?"

"Yes please! I absolutely love flowers don't you?"

"Why of course, who wouldn't?"

Tom replies with a charming laugh.

And so the manipulations start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                  𝒜 𝒻𝑒𝓌 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tom!"

"Tom! Look at this!" 

A stunning eleven year old girl says, running through the halls of wools orphanage. Her waist length blood red hair cascades down her petite form in waves. Her emerald green eyes gleaming with happiness and excitement. Her light green sundress swaying down the hall, her mary janes making sound on the old floors.

She quickly opened his doors to find Tom sitting on his old desk chair reading a letter similar to one of the letter's she had received.

He smiles warmly when he catches sight of her.

"Hi Tom! Look at what I got!"

She shows him 2 letters.

After reading it Tom's confused.

"Why do you have 2 letters?"

"I don't know. I only expected one, maybe it's because of my mother?"

"Maybe.."

Tom doesn't like that she has more options to leave him.

"Well what one are you going to choose?"

"What do you mean?" She questions, bleeding innocence.

"What school are you going to pick?"

Face soft, voice cold. She flinches never hearing Tom speak like this before.

Tom curses for his screw up.

He didn't mean it that way.

"Sorry Harriel, its just I was curious. I don't want you to leave me."

"Oh Tom. It's fine, and I'm not sure. I mean on one hand I would like to go back to my mother's home land but I also don't want to leave you."

"It's fine Harriel. Do what  makes you happy." He says making sure he looks pitiful. When she sees his face, he can see the gears shifting in her head. Should she? Should she not? Firmly deciding that their friendship was much more important she quickly agrees to come with Tom, much to his pleasure.

As Harriel ever the innocent soul comforts Tom who behind her back is grinning like a mad man a certain glint his eyes, his mother's soul watches from the corner in pity.

"Do you see what you've created Merope?"

"yes.."

"This is your fault Merope, if only you hadn't raped that poor old muggle this wouldn't of happened."

"Why are you making me watch this?"

"You need to watch the consequences of your actions. This is your punishment Merope. You deserve this. Do you truly believe yourself above death?"

"..." Merope doesn't respond.

Death laughs an empty laugh yet you can't help but feel amused at the situation before them.

"Your hell Merope, is watching what you've done. So you understand how it feels. The pain you put that poor defenseless muggle in.

"I-it wasn't my fault, I loved him. I love him!"

"No Merope....you raped him."

And with those final parting words Merope Gaunt is stuck watching her son follow in steps to similar to the madness of her own. Of her family. Oh how she cried. Yet crying will not soften deaths heart. 

The only one who can is living.

His Mistress.

So the chant had started as a song to scare the children of the town.

'Cry Merope, Cry

See her eyes away like a fly,

She'll sting, she'll cry for little Merope died.

Cry Merope, Cry

With her potions of love,

She watches not from heaven but down bellow,

Her cries yell down to the meadows.

Little Merope is dead.

She cried her last tear,

Little Merope's dead,

yet they claim she's right over here.'

Oh Merope, if only you knew how many lives you would come to destroy.

Would you still do the same?

Yes..yes, she would.

For that's what monsters do, how ever scary or how ever weak that's what Merope is...

A monster.

word count 1429

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

606K 21.9K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
226K 9.4K 25
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
922K 56.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
172K 6.2K 92
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...