서울의 여름 (Summer In Seoul)

By COOKYO07

On one night in the summer, Ji Eun Lee, a descent Indonesian-Korean girl, got involve in contract with Jung K... More

𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
𝐸𝓅𝒾𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒

X.

216 23 4
By COOKYO07

~~~~~ 𝒮𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇 𝒾𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝑜𝓊𝓁 ~~~~~

_________________________________________________

Chapter 10 :

The wall clock shows 12:52 am when Jung Kook arrives home. He threw the car keys to the table and flung himself onto the couch. He wiped his face and take off his jacket. Today is a really tiring day. After taking Ji Eun home this afternoon, he and Seok Jin drove his mother straight to the airport. After that Jung Kook reoccupied with his busy schedule.

Of course throughout the day he was constantly being chased by incessant journalists asking about Ji Eun, but Seok Jin told him not to comment first. They should discuss the next step with Ji Eun.

Since that afternoon Jung Kook wants to call Ji Eun. He wanted to know if the girl is alright, but he did not have time. Now he pulls the phone out of his pocket and starts to look for Ji Eun's name on his contacts. Is it too late to call now?

It seems there is no harm in trying. Jung Kook presses the number nine and puts the phone to his ear. His forehead somewhat creased when he heard the voice of the phone operator told him the phone is inactive. Jung Kook hangs up his phone.

Tomorrow he will leave immediately to meet the girl. After taking a bath, he dresses up in his loose orange shirt and white trousers, Jung Kook feels more comfortable. Drying his hair with a towel, he walked into the living room and turned on the television. Then, he walked into the kitchen

Located not far from the living room and flipping through the cabinet in the kitchen.

"No food. Why don't I just make instant noodles? "

Taking out a pack of instant noodles. He turned, glanced at the television, then bent to open the bottom cupboard door. Suddenly his movements stopped and with a single jerk he straightened up again. His eyes widened staring at the television screen.

The television screen featured a female reporter who reported on-site news events. In the background was a building on fire. Firefighters were passing by and the police tries to bring the people out clustered on the scene. The atmosphere seemed to be frenzied, shouting and the cries of all the victims.

Jung Kook grabs the remote control and sets the TV up to his volume to hear the reporter's words.

"... until now the firefighters are still trying to extinguish the fire. We have not confirmed yet whether the apartment building is empty or not. The fire is so big, we hope all the residents have made it out ... "

Jung Kook's eyes are glued to the television screen. His body tightened, his heart starts pounding so hard.

This is not possible. Impossible that is Ji Eun's apartment building. Around noon I was there. God, tell me this is not true.

But the reporter just now mentioned the name and location of the building that is burning. Jung Kook's blood pressure went up. And his whole body stiffen.

Without thinking again, Jung Kook throws a towel to the floor, grabbing the car key, and went out of the house. He rode the car at full speed, his hands gripping the wheel tight till his knuckles turns white. His feelings are chaotic ... anxious ... afraid.

His heart was still pounding hard and his whole body felt cold. He tried to contact Ji Eun's phone but the result is still the same. The phone is not active. Along the way, he keeps praying that Ji Eun is okay. Hoping that Ji Eun already got out before the fire became bigger and didn't get hurt.

How could this happen?

How is Ji Eun?

What if...

God, he can be crazy right now!

When he was almost at the scene, the street was closed so it was not possible for cars to get in at the apartment building. Jung Kook jumps out of the car and runs through the crowd. The atmosphere is chaotic and the air is so hot because of the smoke from the fire was so stifling. Jung Kook runs to and from and look around, looking for Ji Eun's figure.

He walked quickly among the people while screaming for the name of Ji Eun.

Where is she?

Jung Kook pivots back and forth and keeps looking. Suddenly his eyes were fixed on a figure standing a little away from the crowd. The girl is just wearing pajamas, staring at the building that was engulfed in flames with a blank look.

"Ji Eun!" Jung Kook exclaims but the girl remains unmoved.

Relief flooded inside him as he ran towards the girl.

"Ji Eun ..." Now Jung Kook is standing next to Ji Eun and touching her arms.

The girl turns in a daze and Jung Kook sees her face dirty because of the smoke. There was a ray of fear in her big eyes. When Jung Kook holds up Ji Eun's arm, he just realized the girl's body was shaking.

"Are you okay? Did someone get hurt? "Jung Kook asked in a worried tone as he did watch Ji Eun from top to bottom. The girl was just wearing pajamas without shoes or sandals. Her hair was wrinkled around her shoulders and her hands squeezed the wet scarf patterned black and white boxes. The scarf that Jung Kook gave her during his fan meeting which she attended for the first time.

Ji Eun nodded still with a dazed face. "Yes, I'm okay," she said quietly. Jung Kook hears her voice also vibrating.

Jung Kook breathed a sigh of relief and immediately hugged the girl. "Thank, God you're okay."

"I did not have time to bring anything," Ji Eun muttered.

Jung Kook stretches his hug and stares at Ji Eun who still seems shaken. "Don't worry about that. As long as you're okay, that's enough. Come on follow me."

Ji Eun obeys and lets Jung Kook guide her to his car. Ji Eun's eyes kept fixated on the blazing fire and the smoke rolling up.

Along the way Ji Eun does not speak and Jung Kook also does not invite her to talk. When they finally arrive at his house, Jung Kook realizes his house is brightly lit, his house door which he forgot to lock, and the television is still on because he rushed out of the house earlier.

"You sit here first," he said as he sat Ji Eun on the couch. "I would get a drink for you. "

When he returned with a cup of warm tea, he saw Ji Eun crying. It seemed that her consciousness had returned fully and to the shock began to feel her.

Jung Kook places the cup on the table, sits face to face with Ji Eun, then looked worried about the girl. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

Ji Eun shook her head, wiping the tears with the back of her hand her. Then, she spoke with a sob. With some difficulty, Jung Kook listen to words that are not very clear because she is trying to talk while crying.

But he can draw the conclusion of Ji Eun's chaotic phrase. Ji Eun told him the fire came from the next apartment. At that time she was watching television then suddenly felt hot and hard to breathe. Then, everything became chaotic. Fire alarms went loud and people shouted. She panicked and only had time to think about what she should take something to cover her nose and mouth. She also grabbed the scarf which Jung Kook gave as a present at his fan meeting that was lying on the side her bed and immediately ran out of the apartment.

Jung Kook hands out a box of tissues to Ji Eun and she accepts them.

"All right, I understand. It is okay now."

Ji Eun looks calmer. She dries her tears and cleans her nose.

Then. she looked at Jung Kook anxiously. "What now?"

"There are empty rooms here. Better you stay tonight here." Jung Kook indicated the cup of tea on the table. "Don't worry about anything right now. Take some rest and we'll talk the rest tomorrow."

Ji Eun held up the cup with both hands. Although Ji Eun is still a little tense, Jung Kook noticed her hand was not trembling anymore. Ji Eun drank her tea slowly, then looked at her dirty pajamas.

Jung Kook clears his throat. "My mom did not leave her clothes here, but if you don't have any problem with men's clothes, I can lend you my clothes. "

_________________________________________________

While Ji Eun is cleaning up and changing clothes, Jung Kook calls his manager and tell him what happened.

"All right, I'll be there in the morning," Seok Jin said before hanging up. "Thank God she's okay."

Ji Eun returns to the living room when Jung Kook hangs up. Jung Kook smiled slightly at the sight of her appearance. Ji Eun wore an arm jumper with long ones for him, and trousers with folded edges. Her face is cleaned and her hair is wet from freshly shampooed.

"Can I borrow your phone?" Ji Eun asked. "I want to call my friend, Suzy. I did not know she had heard about this incident yet. Even if she already did, I just want to tell her I'm fine. "

"Of course," Jung Kook said as he handed the phone to Ji Eun.

She walked into the kitchen to give herself a little privacy, though of course from where she is, he would still able to hear the her words.

"Suzy. It's me, " Ji Eun said. "Oh, you already know? ... No, no, I'm fine. You do not have to worry ... Now? "

Jung Kook realizes Ji Eun glances at him briefly.

"Emm ... I'm at a friend's house," Ji Eun muttered, then quickly added, "Look, Suzy, I want to ask you for help. Can I borrow your clothes? I didn't bring anything. Even my cell phone I wasn't able to save ... Tomorrow morning? Thank you very much ... Oh, the address? "

Ji Eun mentions Jung Kook's home address and then hangs up.

"What did your friend said?" Jung Kook asked.

"She already knew about the fire and has been trying to reach me ever since just now. She also said she could lend me her clothes. She had volunteered to deliver her clothes here. I hope you do not mind me if I gave her your home address. "

Jung Kook just shrugs. "She's your friend you told me, right? The girl who knows everything about us? I don't think it's a problem. "

Ji Eun nodded and handed him the phone. "Jung Kook ssi, how did you know about the fire?"

Jung Kook receives his phone and points to the television. "From the television."

Ji Eun looks at Jung Kook with a smile. "Why is your hair... ?"

Jung Kook hands directly touched his head. He just noticed his hair disheveled. He just remembered that he was drying his hair when he saw the news of the fire was on television. he panicked, so he immediately dashed out without thinking of his looks.

Jung Kook clears his throat and combs his hair with his fingers. "It's the new shampoo," he muttered unclearly, then handed the phone back again to held to Ji Eun. "Is there anybody else you want to call? Your parents?"

Ji Eun thought for a moment. "My parents are in Jakarta. I don't think they'll know about a burning apartment building in Korea. I also don't want to make them worried. After all, it's very late now. I'll tell them next time."

"All right, it's up to you," Jung Kook said. "You'd better rest now. Come on, I'll take you to your room. "

He took Ji Eun to a guest room on the second floor. "Please," Jung Kook said after he opened the door of the room.

Ji Eun nodded and walked inside. When she turns around, Jung Kook hears Ji Eun called him. He turned around.

Ji Eun stood there with her hand on the open bedroom door. "Thank you, " she said with a small smile. "For everything."

Jung Kook smiles back. "Good night."

_________________________________________________

When she opened her eyes the next day, Ji Eun gasped for a moment before realizing she was at Jung Kook's house. She got up and sat cross-legged on the bed. Her brain rolled back the night. She can't describe her feelings when the fire occurred. It seemed as though she was half-conscious because somehow she was out of the building and standing by the side of the road.

Everything happened so fast and faintly. In a moment she had nothing again.

Ever since she realized that her building was on fire, Ji Eun's heart was attacked by panic, but she did know she must stay strong and calm because she can only rely on herself.

But when she stood confused by the side of the road looking at her apartment which is burning, Jung Kook came. Ji Eun felt so relieved to see him. Suddenly, she knew she did not have to put up with a tough attitude and did not have to pretend to be afraid. She can release a little tension in him. She is not alone anymore.

What am I thinking?

Ji Eun shook her head.

What time is it now?

She noticed the small clock on the small table beside her bed. It was already 9:25 a. m. Ji Eun got out of bed and looked around. She saw another door.

What's in there? Bathroom?

When Ji Eun turned the knob, it was true that it is the bathroom door. The bathroom is big enough, there are a bath and shower. There available basic necessities too such as soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, and towels. Evidently, they have prepared everything for their guests who may come to stay.

Yesterday Ji Eun did not use this bathroom, but another bathroom downstairs, so she was quite impressed. After washing her face and brushing her teeth, she went downstairs. She descended the stairs slowly while looking left and right.

"Already up?"

Ji Eun jumps at the sound of Jung Kook's voice. It was the man who was sitting at the table smiling at her. He is not alone. Seok Jin also sits there holding the morning's newspaper.

"Oh, you're here?" Ji Eun went over to them both. "Sorry, I woke up late. "

She's kind of nervous because Seok Jin keeps looking at her. Though she could guess that he was looking at her clothes, she asked also, "Uncle, why are you looking at me like that?"

Seok Jin smiles and shakes his head. "It's nothing. I'm glad you didn't got hurt. Come sit down. Want breakfast? Here's toasted bread and scrambled eggs. Here's some bacon as well.

"Thank you."

Seok Jin folds the newspaper and places it on the table. "I stopped by this morning to your apartment building. It looks bad. I don't think there's anything left. I heard everything from Jung Kook, the fire came from the apartment next to your apartment? "

Ji Eun nodded.

"Then, I do not think there's anything more to expect."

Ji Eun sighed and frowned anxiously.

"What's your next plan ?" Seok Jin asks.

Ji Eun looked at him. "I don't know. Look for a new apartment as soon as possible. I still have money in the bank, but ... "

"Where will you live? Can you stay with your friends? "

Ji Eun wondered. "My friend is just Suzy and she will definitely let me stay in her house for a while. The problem is, the house is not that big. Besides her and her parents, she got two younger brothers as well. If I stay there, I guess I'll just bother them. "

Seok Jin looks at Jung Kook, then turns back to Ji Eun. "How if you stay here for a while? "

Ji Eun gasped. She immediately turned to Jung Kook hurried and replied, "Oh, that's not necessary. That-"

"Why not? Wanna stay at Hyung's apartment instead?" Jung Kook interrupted.

Seok Jin chuckles. "You know there's only one bedroom in my apartment. Do you want her to share the room with me? In your house, there are many rooms, so there should be no problem. "

Ji Eun felt her face hot.

What are they talking about?

"No, that's not necessary, " she said. "I'll be looking for a new apartment soon."

Jung Kook frowns and looks at her. "You think you can get a new place in one day? "

"That question ..." Ji Eun did not know what to say.

Jung Kook finally nods and sighs. "I guess what said Hyung is right. "

Seok Jin leans back into the chair and folds his arms in front of his chest. "Okay, let's just leave it. For now, Ji Eun will stay here while she's still looking for a new apartment. Of course, I will also help. Just tell me what kind of place you want. "

"It's ..." Ji Eun looked at Jung Kook. "But I ... Is it okay?"

Jung Kook shrugs. "I do not think you have any choice, do you? Or you want to go back to Indonesia? "

"I still have to go to college."

"Then you do not have a choice," Jung Kook said.

"But..."

Jung Kook looks at her. "Why? Are you afraid of me? "

Ji Eun's eyes widened. "Ah no. It is not like that."

Seok Jin laughs and says to Ji Eun, "You can be calm, Ji Eun. You surely also already know Jung Kook rumored as gay, not a playboy. "

Jung Kook suddenly displays an expression of annoyance. Ji Eun laughed at the sight on his face.

Suddenly a doorbell rang. Jung Kook gets up from the chair and walks to the door. Then, "Hey, Ji Eun," he called.

"What's going on?" Ji Eun stood up and caught up to the door.

Jung Kook points to a small monitor beside the door. It turned out to be the monitor shows who is on the doorstep. Ji Eun saw the face, a slick-eyed girl with pigtails and hands hugging a paper bag.

"That's your friend?" Jung Kook asked.

"Yes. That's Suzy, "Ji Eun said.

Ji Eun could see his friend almost faint from the shortness of breath as soon as she found out Jung Kook who opens the door for her. Suzy's eyes narrowed and one of her hands went straight up to her chest as if to hold her heart so it won't fall.

"Suzy, are you all right?" Scolded Ji Eun as she touched Suzy's arm which was suddenly stiff.

With a little stammer, Suzy says good morning to Jung Kook. Jung Kook returns her greeting and lets her in.

"God, I can not believe this," whispered Suzy as she sat on the long sofa in the living room as she looks around. By that time Jung Kook is already running again into the dining room, leaving them both in the living room.

"Why are you...?" Ji Eun teased, nudging her friend's arm.

Suzy looks at Ji Eun with eyes twinkling. "I can not believe I just met Jung Kook and is now inside his home. I am sitting on his couch. I stepped on the floor of his house. God! Hey, why yesterday you didn't say you're in Jung Kook's house? "

Ji Eun saw his friend's behavior. "Hey, don't forget about your friend here." She said, pointing at herself.

Suzy turns quickly toward Ji Eun. "Oh, yeah, sorry. I'm glad you're okay. I brought you some clothes. Underwear as well. New underwear I bought this morning. The clothes are mine. The size would suit you. "

Ji Eun takes the paper bag Suzy offers. "Thank you very much. I'll return it as soon as I buy new clothes. "

Suzy waves her hands. "Do not think about it. So, what now?"

Ji Eun's eyebrows rose. "Hmm?"

"You know you can live in our house. We will not mind at all. "

Ji Eun smiled. "I know. Thank you very much. But I don't think so. It will only bother you. "

Suzy's eyes widen. "How inconvenient? You can sleep with me. Young-Joon and Young-Ho can sleep in the living room- "

"How can I let your brothers sleep in the living room?" Ji Eun interrupted. "I know you will be happy to let me stay at your house, but I myself will feel not good about that. " Ji Eun said.

Suzy pauses for a moment, then says, "Then where will you stay?"

Ji Eun cleared her throat. "I'm going to find a new place."

"Hey, you think you can get a new apartment in just one day? Where are you gonna look for apartments "

Well, why are her words just like Jung Kook's words?

Ji Eun cocked her head and said hesitantly, "I guess I'll stay h-here ..."

Ji Eun sees Suzy holding her breath and staring at her in shock. Then, Suzy blink. "Here? At Jung Kook's house? "

"There are empty rooms here," Ji Eun repeated what Seok Jin said. "So I guess ... Ah, anyway Jung Kook offered for me to stay here for a while until I find a new place."

"Are you sure?" Suzy asked doubtfully.

"I have no choice." Ji Eun replied.

Just then Seok Jin comes into the living room with Jung Kook. Suzy who saw their stems immediately jumped up like a puff bee. Seok Jin also smiled charmingly.

"Are you Ji Eun's friend?" He asked kindly. "How are you? My name is Seok Jin. "

Ji Eun was rather amused to see his normally so smart friend suddenly change in front of two handsome men.

"Uh ... How are you? ... M-my name is Suzy. "

"Do not behave like that," Seok Jin said. "You're Ji Eun's friend, that means you're our friend too. Oh yes, does Ji Eun already told you she will stay here for a while? "

Suzy glances at Ji Eun and replies, "Yeah she already did, of course. "

"Thank you very much. We really appreciate it. "

Jung Kook also smiles to Suzy and Ji Eun feels her friend had nearly collapsed to the floor. "Sorry, we won't be able to have a long conversation since we must leave now, but you can accompany Ji Eun here. Definitely, you guys want to chat more. Make yourself at home."

"Ooh ... of course. Thank you, " whispered Suzy with a big smile.

Jung Kook turns to Ji Eun. "What are you going to do today?"

"I'll be out for a while. I have something to buy, "Ji Eun said. "I also want to stop by and see the condition of my apartment. "

"By yourself?"

"Oh, Suzy will come with me, right?"

Suzy quickly nods and puts on her sweetest smile when Jung Kook looks at her.

Jung Kook nods and looks back at Ji Eun. "All right, spare key is in the drawer next door. Do not forget to lock the door when you're out. I would call you later. I'll go first."

The four people exchanged the words "good-bye and until later". Then after the two men left in their cars, like the flood, Suzy spilled out all the words she had been saying, "Well, both of them are so handsome. The other one is who? A celebrity too? "

Ji Eun laughed. "No, the uncle is Jung Kook's manager."

Suzy nods her head. "The manager? His name is Seok Jin, huh? But why do you call him "uncle"? He's so young. "

Ji Eun just shook her head and smiled. "Why look at me like that?" Ji Eun asked when she saw Suzy staring at her with eyes narrowed.

"I want to ask, you sure there's no special relationship between you and Jung Kook? Are you just being his girlfriend in the photos? Only that?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Are you sure? Then why do I feel you guys look like husband and wife? And-God, I just realized you were wearing men's clothes. His clothes? "

Ji Eun looked down at Jung Kook's oversized suit. Confused on what to say. Luckily Ji Eun does not have to answer because Suzy suddenly said, "Oh yes, I almost forgot to tell you Tae Hyung called me last night."

Ji Eun looked up. "Oh?"

Suzy continues, "Since he can not reach you, he called me to ask how you are. I told him you're okay, but then he wants to know where you are. "

"What did you say?"

"Didn't say anything. Last night I thought you were staying at a friend of yours or something. That's what I told Tae Hyung. But then today I just found out you're in Jung Kook's house. "

"You're not going to tell him, are you?"

"What am I stupid? Of course not, " Suzy said firmly. "Never mind, let's not talk about Tae Hyung again. Come on, now tell me what happened yesterday evening. About the fire and how you end up here. Also, what should I tell my mom? Mom told me to ask you to stay in our house."

_________________________________________________

Author's Note:

*CREDITS GOES TO THE OWNER OF THE PICTURE THAT WAS USED.

*THIS IS NOT MY OWN STORY. THE STORY IS WRITTEN BY A FAMOUS INDONESIAN AUTHOR, ILANA TAN. I AM JUST SIMPLY TRANSLATING THE STORY TO SPREAD HER WONDERFUL WORKS. THANK YOU!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 10K 22
Jimin is young omega who wanted nothing but somebody to love and care for him, but as time goes on Jimin gets busy with double jobs that there is rea...
261K 8.2K 36
Namjoon, a 24 year old world famous Mafia gang leader who lives in South Korea. He is a heartless man who dosen't care about anyone else, except for...
149K 11.8K 37
Kim Seokjin was a normal college student struggling to pass in his French class every semester. When this semester, he barely passed, he knew he'll h...
30.6K 1.2K 23
- please, I can't forget you - I heard that many times before goodbye Kim Taehyung rich, handsome as hell student who lacks nothing in his life, in...