The Darkness he Carries

By tjones951

A reaction fanfic where the 2nd year student body will react to the White room, specifically the 4th generati... More

Prologue
Those Who Will Lead Japan
Holder of the Fate Tenchuusatu
Legacy of the Masterpiece
The price of freedom
What is fated to come
Epilogue
SS: A vandal
SS: Calm before the storm
SS: Prospect of a new pawn

Freedom, Contradictions, and Solitude

25.9K 474 672
By tjones951

Flashback:

Ayanokoji POV:

"You see senpai, at this very moment Agent Tsukishiro is revealing the White Room, specifically the Demonic Fourth Generation to the 2nd year students and teachers, without you of course or him."

"......."

As expected, Tsukishiro is a man of many mysteries.

"I see.... so that's what's going on, haah, honestly how troublesome."

"Hehehe, do you understand now Senpai?"

I gave a slight nod to show my understanding, a million thoughts running through my mind on how to handle this situation.

"Yayyy, alright! Let's go senpai!"

With that I followed Amasawa to what I assume is a unpopulated area away from other students. I already knew that Tsukishiro was an agent hired by 'that man' to assist in acquiring test subjects for the White Room. With his military and spec-ops background, he was a perfect candidate for the job, as well as the most viable option to have me expelled along with the White Room enforcers....

So why?

What does the man known as Tsukishiro gain from all this?

Does the uneasiness that I have had about this whole situation ever since his arrival to the school have to do with this?

Could he have meant to show the White Room to the school from the beginning?

If this is his last trump card to have me expelled.... no, even then to show the White Room to the public is ridiculous.

"Amasawa, what is Tsukishiro planning to do with this? You know as well as I do the consequences that he will face.... and the 2nd year students as well."

"Hmmm, well to answer your question senpai, even I don't know what his game is. All I know is that he ordered me to accompany Ayanokoji-senpai and keep you away from the theater for the day and away from him."

"By him, do you mean Shiba-sensei?"

"That's a great guess senpai, but that isn't the case. There is someone more problematic than him running around."

If it's not Shiba-sensei then my next guess is there is another White Room Enforcer amongst the first years.

"I can tell you figured it out senpai, yes, there is indeed another White Room student here at school besides your cute Kouhai."

She said that statement while poking both her cheeks with a wide smile. Its honestly impressive of her to keep such an innocent smile despite her knowing she could kill almost any student here without breaking a sweat.

"I take it you're not going to give me the name of this student, correct?"

"Correct, it's no fun that way after all senpai, hehe."

"Haah, well back to the earlier topic, you really don't have any idea as to why Tsukishiro is doing this?"

"Wellll, I did overhear a phone call he was making with what I believe is one of his subordinates; I heard him talking about some goal and an old comrade, but that's all I could make out of it."

A goal.

An old comrade.

"I see."

"Where are we going by the way?"

"ON A DATE SENPAI!"

"........"

That's why she agreed to this plan so willingly.... I knew I should've just stayed in my room.

Flashback end:

3rd person POV:

Time: 9:10 am

Location: Cruise ship theater

"Alright then, its best to continue while everyone is calm.... at least somewhat.... on to the next video."

Now at the age of 6 and a half, Ayanokoji's new mentality allowed him to work his way up the class hierarchy at an alarming rate. The emotions that once filled our little angel are now nowhere to be found, and what remains is an apathetic shell.... devoid of all feelings.

"Why did I never see, no why did I never choose to see that Ayanokoji-kun had suffered such a horrible past. I could've been better and helped him."

"Ichinose-san it's okay.... Ayanokoji-kun is here now, you can help him. Everyone in our class will help your future boyfriend." Mako said teasingly trying to comfort her friend.

"Yeah, you're right.... eh, eh, w-wait M-Mako-san it's not like that."

After two years of brutal physical training, tests and blood work were run on the children to gauge their physical abilities in preparation for their official martial arts training.

In the White Room specially trained martial artists and military combatants are brought to the 'school' to fight the children in addition to teaching them self-defense and hand-to-hand combat.

"You.... you can't be serious; they're making children fight adults."

"ABSURD, what's the point in trying to get results if they just keep breaking the children!" Katsuragi couldn't digest the children having to undergo such torment.

"In the White Room, the children as you have seen have to adapt to survive. Professor Ayanokoji seen this training as crucial to their development and found it would be better for them to fight against opponents who have overwhelming advantages." Agent T explained to Johnny. 

Ayanokoji, along with the other remaining fourth generation students, will begin self-defense and hand-to-hand combat training which will be incorporated as a physical task. As such, the amount of other physical training tasks will decrease to make time for their martial art classes. This may be seen as a good thing to an outsider, however the curriculum for this training was much worse than that of their physical exercises as the children were going to be battered and beaten in similar ways to that of their punishments.

"No, my heart can't handle anymore. I can't bare anymore...." Kushida has been having difficulty breathing the last few videos, although something strange has been occurring with her. She seems to be having conflicted feelings. I wonder?

'So, that bastard has been fighting since he was that young huh, well then kuku that answers one of my questions anyway.'

"I knew it." Horikita stared at the screen seeming to remember something.

'When Ayanokoji-kun fought Nii-san, I could tell from his movements he was no amateur, but to be trained with multiple martial arts at such a young age is unimaginable.'

The children would begin by sparring with their martial arts instructors to 'break them in.' The instructors, ranging from ages 25 to over 50 showed no mercy to the poor children.... to them just like the White Room instructors, the children's' lives meant nothing to them.

"WHY DON'T THEY PICK ON SOMEONE THEIR OWN SIZE!"

"They're children, how can they even win!"

The 2nd year students raged at such unfair treatment, but as they well know, no such thing as fair treatment exists in the White Room except for gender equality for education and punishments.

As they were still small and weak, the children first were taught defense orientated on facing a much larger opponent. Muay Thai and Taekwondo are two art forms that specialize in striking relying on speed, reflexes and kicking strength. These were chosen as being the first of the martial arts that the children will learn.

The training for such arts is labor intensive and stressful, but for the training our little angels will go through.... it's nothing short of torture.

'Please, please let Kiyotaka be okay, please' Karuizawa thought while cupping her hands together, she knew Kiyotaka was a brilliant fighter, but she was still terrified of what he had to go through to gain  such experience.

Ayanokoji POV:

Taekwondo.... a Korean based martial arts revolved around one's strengths apart from physical strength, but not completely straying from it, reflexes, leg endurance and being light on one's feet were all key factors in this art.

"Test Subject 4-01, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka.... you're in area 1."

I made my way inside the large circle to face my opponent, a slim Korean man perhaps in his mid 30s with several scars down both of his legs no doubt caused by the many years of training he went through.

"They weren't joking.... they're really going to make them fight adults."

"Sparring with that guy.... he looks like it's going to kill Ayanokoji-kun."

I looked at him as he looked at me from head to toe showing a slight smirk, he got into a battle stance ready to fight. 'That man' instructed us to pay attention to our instructor's stances and movements and adapt to it. So, I copied the same stance as my instructor; doing so I slowly analyzed how my body felt. I could feel my strength slowly accumulating in my thighs and legs, bent at my knees it felt similar to the high-kick exercises that we have done plenty of times.

"His observation skills have improved drastically compared to before, I mean look at the other kids they're so terrified they can't think." Kanzaki pointed out with others sadly agreeing with him while glancing briefly at the other frighten children.

All eyes however, were on the calm collected boy whom just stared at his instructor.

"Begin."

Huh. He's not rushing at me?

The White Room instructors have always taken the first step and attacked me.... A defensive based strategy, even facing against a small child like me, it appears he wants to wait and analyze my movements.

"Ryuen-san what do you think?"

"Isn't it obvious Ishizaki, he's observing Ayanokoji analyzing what he'll do."

"Yeah, but why.... it's not like Ayanokoji is much of a threat."

Not yet.

"Watch and see for yourself."

Should I attack first? No, it would be best to use his strategy as well. We both just stood there completely still staring at one another, I could feel the eyes of 'that man' boring into the back of my head.

"Man, talk about pressure."

"How is he so calm in this situation, even with losing his emotions this is intense isn't it?"

'No opponent will break Kiyotaka. That I am sure of.' Kei said in full support of her boyfriend despite her shaking with worry.

After a few minutes, the aura around my instructor started to change. He became more restless and irritated, finally after almost 4 minutes he lunged towards me. I jumped to the right and barely missing one of his kicks. Changing his stance, now using his non- dominant leg sent another kick aiming for my torso, seeing that I could block his attack I immediately widen my stance holding up my arms to brace for it. Wait his eyes.... why is his posture-

*WHACK*

"Aughhh" groaning in pain the next thing I know I felt a burning sensation along my ribcage.

"KIYOPON!"

"KIYOTAKA!" Kei once again blurted out his first name, however this time someone caught on.

"Wait, w-what happened? That so fast I couldn't keep up." No Ike.... you're just naturally slow.

'A feint.' Ibuki and Ryuen thought in unison while the latter was smiling seeing Ayanokoji in pain.

"No, I can't take it. Don't hurt him...." Hiyori just kept her eyes closed not willing to see her book buddy in agony.

'Karuizawa-san said Kiyotaka.... so, they are close with one another. I knew it.' Matsushita pondered happily that her borderline illegal stalking proved effective.

"Quite impressive there, subject 4-01.... Ayanokoji-kun right? You observed my stance and mimicked it as well. Not only that but adopted the same battle strategy I did. Hell, you little brat, you got on my nerves waiting so long and not attacking that I had to switch plans."

"I guess..agh, that hurt a lot." My entire left side was throbbing in pain, but why? Was my right side not his target?

"Let me tell you something. As you can probably figure out, against an opponent with unknown abilities or fighting multiple people at once; It's a safer bet to play defensively to analyze your opponents. Watch their movements, the way their bodies move in the fight, even their breathing. All these little details can tell you a lot about their battle tactics."

"How does that stuff help? I don't get it." Ike said while author-san is unsure if he's making Ike too stupid or not.

"A tradition Japanese name for this is called Ki reading. Ki is the name given to the live force that circulates in our bodies. Our breathing, sight, movements and scent are all forms of Ki. Being able to read Ki gives one an advantage to predict their opponents' movements" Agent T helped enlighten Ike, whom was still confused while his girlfriend Shinohara was facepalming herself.

'Ki....Captain Yami is that you?' Then we have Sotomura who is in his own little world.

"At the very end of our fight, you started to pick up on this too, right Ayanokoji-kun?"

"Yes.... when I went to block your kick, I noticed in my peripheral vision that your eyes were focused on my left side while you were about to attack my right. Your posture suddenly changed as well.... does this have to do with why you changed your stance with your non-dominant leg striking first?"

"Wait even I didn't notice that, but why does that matter?" Sudo an amateur fighter asked joining on the confusion bus with Ike.

"Oh, you managed to notice that as well, why would you care about such a little detail."

"You mentioned that in combat, I should watch for these little details.... thinking back on our fight, I found that detail.... interesting, I guess."

'Impressive as always Ayanokoji-kun.' Sato thought while glancing between Ayanokoji on screen and Karuizawa.

'This is the true beginning of the Masterpiece, fufufu, he's already showing great improvement unrivalled by his peers.'

"Hahaha, impressive, honestly impressive, I didn't realize there was a diamond a in the rough amongst all these pathetic kids. Well, let me clarify what I just performed is known as a 'feint' or a fake attack. You lead your opponent into thinking they're about to be attacked in one spot causing them to guard that one area which ultimately leads to an exposed area elsewhere in which was the true target all along."

I see.... a feint huh....

"Indeed, as you mentioned, I changed my stance with my left leg as my striking leg. I then performed a feint misleading you into protecting your right side when I was actually putting force into my right leg to attack your exposed left ribcage. But, how did you know my left leg was my non-dominant leg?"

"It's best to pay attention Sudo-kun, your previous question is about to be answered."

"R-right Suzune, thanks." Little did Sudo know, Horikita was also curious on how Ayanokoji knew this.

"Before our match began, in your original stance you led with your right leg first.... I assumed that was your dominant leg since it would make most sense to have a comfortable posture while analyzing your opponent, at least that's the impression I got from an experienced fighter such as yourself."

"Just from that.... I mean for someone our age some of us maybe could deduce that, but at six years old. That's amazing." Kanzaki exclaimed, while Ichinose couldn't voice out in agreement, her mind was still recovering from seeing Ayanokoji in pain.

'Your observation skills are quite scary Kiyotaka-kun, but I'm glad you're able to grow and survive in that hell.' Hirata thought while smiling at Mii-chan whom stood next to him.

Mii-chan now joined Kei Karuizawa to challenge Tomatonose on who had the reddest face.

"Incredible, despite being a child, I took this match seriously and wanted to analyze your movements before I engaged, but in the end.... you analyzed me without me moving an inch."

"I still lost the match though; I didn't do much really."

"Modest aren't we...."

"YES" everyone acquainted with Ayanokoji said in unison.

"Ayanokoji-kun there are lessons to be learned in one's own defeat. Winning can't always bare results. Pain promotes growth after all. Losing is no different."

'Indeed, Ayanokoji-kun, our chess match was a very valuable lesson to me. One that I will carry in my heart forever.'

'This pain promotes growth again? What kind of monk shit is this, the only lesson I learned from that rooftop is that I will kick that bastard's ass all across campus.' Ryuen thought with a little denial of what he truly learned that fated day.

"Thank you for your knowledge, to be honest, you seem different from the rest."

This guy seems nicer compared to my other instructors.

"It's best not to take a liking to me yet Ayanokoji-kun, I could've aimed higher and broke your neck if I felt like it you know."

No, never mind. They're all the same.

"Woah, s-scary."

"And my mother wanted me to join the Karate club when I got into this school..."

"Haah" I'm already tired.

I slowly walked back in line and watched as my classmates fought with their respected instructors.

"There are lessons to be learned in one's own defeat, huh." 

Ever since our training began, I wanted to become stronger so I could win not having to worry about being punished for my defeats. I couldn't afford to lose.... not in this place.

I wonder though.... what if I decide to lose.... what lesson will that teach me, will I become stronger after defeat.

Do I want to lose?

No.... no I can't lose. I have to win; I can't allow myself to be defeated.

"Does he want to win? Or lose? I don't understand his mindset." Kamuro said audible to Sakayanagi

"For Ayanokoji-kun, it's both and neither at the same time.... he's stuck in this relentless contradiction unable to find an answer."

"You say that as if you knew him from before."

'Thinking about it again, this girl has been quite interesting in Ayanokoji-kun ever since the sports festival. What's her deal?'

"Fufufu, I'm merely basing this on an outsider's perspective."

The next day during their daily lessons, Ayanokoji having already finished his test was looking over his answers while deep in thought over what his martial arts instructor had said.

What benefit is their in losing?

How would not giving it my all help me survive this place?

"Kiyotaka"

Breaking me from my thoughts 'that man' appeared before me glaring at me with those same cold eyes that looked down on me as if I were nothing but trash.

"No matter what you must always remember this. To have great power and refuse to use it to your advantage is something only a fool would do."

Only a fool would do huh.... I see.... so this is the benefit that I will gain from losing... from holding back the power I have struggled to gain....

'It makes sense now.... all of it, why he never chose to go all out.... he never had the chance before to go against his father's ideal.... never understood anything except for showing his true abilities.' Horikita thought with frustration of her own insensitivity.

Matsushita gritted her teeth with similar thoughts coming to mind. Like herself, knew Ayanokoji-kun wasn't giving it his all, but never knew why.... until now....

But such a luxury of holding back isn't possible..... I have to win no matter what. whether it be in class learning lessons right now or during our sparring lessons.... I have to survive...

Over a training course that would last for years, the fourth generation would be brutally taught the arts of Muy Thai, Karate, Kung-fu, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, and other various martial arts to help hone their physical attributes. With his unparalleled level of adaptation and observation skills, Ayanokoji learned these arts at a much more rapid pace than his peers. Over time, not only was he becoming quicker and more powerful, the adults he was facing slowly had to up their game not wanting to falter before a child. With his rapid growth and unrivalled adaptation, Ayanokoji finally took the leader spot and became top of his the fourth generation. 

"I guess.... it's a good thing that he's on top...." The only way the T-rex likes it. 

"T-That's our king, hehe..." Hashimoto meekly stated.

"He had to learn all those martial arts, how's that possible?"

"It's possible because its him." Sotomura said in complete admiration.

'I knew Kiyotaka was strong and an experienced fighter.... I honestly think that's really cool about him, but.... I hate the fact that he was forced to learn those things, it's just cruel....' Karuizawa thought with sadness.... and a slight bit of Oxytocin bubbling up inside her recalling how Kiyotaka saved her.

Sadly, many of the other students weren't as fortunate as Ayanokoji in their sparring lessons, during that time due to organ failure, internal bleeding and insanity more than 80% have died or have been disposed of since the beginning of this  torturous training. Along with the students whom disappeared from their regular physical training and the occasional suicide. All that remained at the age of 7.... 7 students.... ironically.

"MY GOD...no, why...." 

"I-I want to g-go back to my d-dorm...."

"W-Wait Airi, w-we have to help k-kiyopon remember." The uncalm Haruka said trying to calm down Airi who just meekly nodded 

'Unforgivable, all of this is unforgivable...' Mashima thought gritting his teeth.

7 alive would've been the case but....

[A/N Still Ayanokoji POV]

"Line up!" 

'That man' rounded up the students for our routine roll call after completing our training for the day. A course of Arithmetic Progression sequences, Conjugate Pair Theorem, Judo and Taekwondo practice and stamina training.

"Huh.... I can't even say those words."

"Apart from the martial arts, those are 1st year college courses. I recall seeing them online." Hashimoto said.

Despite all this everyone seems to be handling it quite well except....

Test Subject 4-49, Kyo a boy with purple hair and green eyes. Out of my peripheral he seems to have difficulty breathi-

*Thump*

I see, respiratory failure, the tasks must've been too much for him. My classmates all flinched at this, but for me.... it didn't matter. I briefly looked at him then returned my gaze forward. Sympathy will do nothing for him.... and more importantly it's of no use for me.

"NO" Shinohara screamed.

"He still has time, why don't they save him!"

'They won't.... because to them, he's no longer useful.' Sakayanagi thought closing her eyes.

"N-No, I can't handle it.... anymore." Its okay Hiyori, soon all but one student will disappear.

"Ayanokoji-kun..... I... w-what could I even do.... to help you." Ichinose stuttered out in self defeat crying in frustration and sadness, not sure how to help Ayanokoji. 

The pair of missiles on her chest could do some damage to him though....

3rd person POV:

"Haah, honestly....Professor to Security 4, I have a subject that needs disposed of."

"A-Again, already.... I-I mean yes sir, on the way there now."

Now only 6 students remained of the original 50 that started the fourth generation, with the other 44 disappearing within only 3 years of their training. Despite the extreme conditions they were faced with.... Professor Ayanokoji was still not satisfied as he planned to increase the difficulty even further.

"WHEN WILL YOU BE SATISFIED!" Hirata shouted once again standing up.

"WILL SEEING YOUR SON SUFFER THE SAME FATE MAKE YOU HAPPY!" Chabashira shouted losing her cool.

"BURN IN HELL!"

Sadly today was also young Kyo's 7th birthday.... 

Perhaps this was a gift for him. No longer having to deal with the hell that was the White Room. Now he was free from this life. The first gift like the other students he would ever receive in the facility since birthdays were seen as trivial and distractions. 

So for him.... death was the greatest gift he could've ever received, wouldn't you agree?

Everyone began crying at this point. Matsushita perhaps the hardest after receiving such lavish treatment on her birthdays from her parents. However, a certain topic was asked.

"W-When is....A-Ayanokoji-kun's birthday again...." Mii-chan asked in-between her crying.

"Kiyopon's birthday is.. is October 20th." Haruka said with the rest of Ayanokoji's class hearing this at which point Hirata stood up.

"G-Guys lets give Kiyotaka-kun the greatest birthday party of his life, everyone as a class, lets all become his friend." 

Everyone immediately agreed without hesitation, the class now more unified then ever before all in agreement to help their classmate and friend, however there was one person who's smile didn't reflect her true feelings.

'Become friends with.... Ayanokoji-kun.... even after watching all of this.... I show help him and become his friend but... after him knowing about my past....No, no. NO. I can't allow it. I will expel him. I will. I will.' Kushida thought while smiling with her friend group.

It's truly a shame, all these heart-felt emotions and feelings for their classmate Ayanokoji.... will in the end.... have been for nothing....

Over the following months, the 6 remaining students continued this hellish training and head-aching academical lessons with Ayanokoji on top with no signs of slowing down. His mentality kept him focused on improving regardless of his peers or instructors. Their emotions. His emotions. They meant nothing to him anymore. Day after day he never changed.... a cold empty shell devoid of life and color....until....

Ayanokoji POV:

"Ayanokoji, your father orders you to his office."

The students clenched their breaths upon hearing this sentence.

Breaking me from my thoughts, I slowly got up from my seat and made my way to follow the instructor, all while my classmates stole glances at me.

Out of Pity?

No.... to be honest they would be happier if I would be disposed of or killed. Unfortunately for them.... I won't go through that kind of pain as many others have gone through. I will win even if I have to dispose of my classmates myself.

"He's totally different now...."

"K-Kiyotaka-kun.... t-this isn't y-you...." No Airi.... this IS him.

Ayanokoji's class in particular felt shivers hearing that last thought in such a cold tone.

As I walked down the white corridor to see 'that man' I began questioning as to why I was being called. I'm the top student of my generation so it couldn't be about failing tasks, but there's no telling what he will do.

"Pardon the intrusion professor, I brought your son as requested."

"Good, leave us and close the door."

"Of course, sir"

I looked around.... his office, I don't recall ever coming in here before. Like the rest of the White Room, everything was white, even the table and sofa was white.

"Kiyotaka, I have a very important business convention to attend in New York City tomorrow to demonstrate the efficiency of my 'school.' As such, I find it best for my business partners to see the top student of the fourth-generation abilities. This generation was chosen due to it having the hardest curriculum to date to produce the best results."

"New York City.... that's in Canada.... right?" *Facepalm*

"Honestly Kanji, we just learned about North American geography before the island exam, how could you forget that already."

"It's boring, w-what I can I say, hehe...."

New York City.. ..

The top student of the fourth generation.... does that mean....

"Yes, as you have figured out, you will be coming with me to New York, return to your chamber and change into the outfit picked out for you. We depart in 20 minutes."

"Wait, remember when Kiyotaka mentioned he went to New York before, this was then." Keisei stated to the Ayanokoji group.

"Yeah, you're right, Kiyopon said that in our first year."

"You may leave now."

I simply nodded my head not saying a word, my brain was too busy processing all this.

I'm going to New York. To the outside world.... I have never been outside the White Room once since I came here.

Silence overtook the 2nd year student body.

"T-They don't even get to go outside.... what the hell."

"That's awful, Agent T he's saying that he has never once seen the outside, not even through a window or something?" Hirata asked in denial and sadness.

"Yes, it's as Ayanokoji-kun stated, for him along with the other generations, the outside world is prohibited. Remember the last videos.... only 3 students of the White Room have ever seen the outside world. Ayanokoji-kun is the one student from the 'Demonic fourth generation' and two others from the 5th generation and windows are not implemented in the White Room's construction."

The students became silent in pity remembering the previous videos, the White Room a secret facility stowed away from the world needs no reason for its subjects to go outside. Even for a second. However, a different kind of question popped up.

"Um, you said two students from the 5th generation have been outside the White room.... where did they go?" Mii-chan asked curiously with others pondering as well.

With that both Agent T and Sakayanagi's lips curled up knowing the answer. Chabashira seemed to be deep in thought.

"I'm afraid I don't know, the only information we obtained was that relevant to the 4th generation, for now it's best to continue watching."

Sh*t would hit the fan if Author-san performed a Polygraph Examination on Agent T....

What is this feeling in my chest.... I vaguely recall having this feeling when I read a new book when I was younger or when I play a new piece on the piano.

Excitement? Is that what I'm feeling.... I'm not sure anymore.

"H-he doesn't even know anymore...." Mako stated in bewilderment.

"No, that's horrible.... Ayanokoji-kun, you deserve to know what it means to be happy." Hiyori, known for her angelic cheerful smile and personality hated knowing that her book buddy no longer felt happiness.

I walked with 'that man' through the main seal door of the White Room to the outside and what I saw....

"Color."

 I quietly muttered to myself. I could see everything. I felt everything.

The warmth of the sun's rays on my skin, the calm, crisp wind blew through my hair, and the smell.... Sakura trees perhaps? I deduced from reading a book on dendrology. A sweet and delicate sent filled my lungs that up till now have only felt the stinging pain of the cold sterile air in the White Room.

"He's like a kid in a candy store...."

"I feel both happy and sad for him.... this is messed up."

'I was going to wait to announce our relationship until after we got back to school... but after watching all this.... I want to take Kiyotaka on dates and let him experience new things to enjoy just like this. So, I think it's best to announce it-' 

Kei thought looking side to side across the theater, perhaps mustering up her courage for something?

As I walked towards the limousine that awaited me my head was on a swivel as I analyzed my surroundings. The clouds, the grass, even to the snow on top of the mountains. All of these minor things.... they interested me.

Such minor things in life are seen as no big deal to those whom experience them every day, like the 2nd year students....to see a student from their school to experience such things for the first time in his life. It was an effective blow to their psyche.

As the limo made its way down the snaky gravel road down the mountain, I couldn't help but stare the window.

"Hime, d-did you call for me?"

"What are you talking about Hashimoto-kun?" Who knows....

I.... I want back outside.

I could see birds along the road fly away spooked by the vehicle, I watched as they flew freely able to enjoy this wildness every day.

I truly envy those birds.... for I am locked in a cage, bound lock and key by that facility and 'that man.'

"Cage huh, yeah I guess he's right about that. He's a bird stuck in a cage.... w-what's wrong Satsuki?"

"N-Nothing Kanji.... it's just surprising to hear something that isn't dumb or perverted come from you...."

"waahh..."

We came to a clearing onto a main asphalt road and made our way over a hill towards Haneda Airport, also known as Toyoko international airport where a private jet awaited us base on the information my instructors gave me.

In the White Room we began learning Topography from the moment we could read and write, since we are on the outskirts of Toyoko I learned many of its natural features by heart. On top of the hill, I could make out the silhouette of Mt. Fuji located Southwest of the Toyoko Metropolitan Area. But when I shifted my gaze down the hill, what I saw.

It broke my composure....

Skyscrapers, complex highway systems, canals.... all of this, compared to the images and pictures I had access to in the White Room, to see this in person. It was breath taking.

"I've never seen Kiyopon this interested into something before.... the closest I've seen him come close to is that time we all had ice cream together."

"Wait..."

"What's wrong Haruka?" Akito asked.

".... That was the first time he ever ate ice cream before.... he was interested in it because it was a new experience for him...."

"Y-You're kidding.... That's..."

The Ayanokoji group all looked down realizing the truth behind it.

"C-Cruel....Kiyotaka." Keisei said with teary eyes.

"Kiyotaka, one day I expect you to rule over all of this as well as Japan. That will be the path I will make you follow. Understood?"

"Rule Japan!"

The entire theater shouted at this. It was not something they would expected to hear about their classmate or fellow student.

"Kukuku, now that's unexpected. Him ruling Japan?"

'Ayanokoji-kun is going to rule Japan.... then why is he here, I hate to say it but if that's the case then there's no reason for him to have left the White Room.' Horikita pondered. As the videos continued.... more questions came into the students' thoughts regarding why Ayanokoji was there at the school.

Soon they will discover the sacrifice a man gave for his freedom....

I turned my head to match his gaze and gave a nod, only to return my sights outside.

Rule Japan?

That will be the path I will follow huh....

I decided not to dwell too much on these thoughts as we entered the busy streets of the Toyoko Metropolitan center. The streets were crowded with waves of people. Cars bumper to bumper on the road. The buildings had enormous LED panels displaying advertisements and services.

I have never seen so much stimuli in one area before in my life....

As I stared at the people along the sidewalk, one group of individuals piqued my interest. A group of about a dozen children whom looked roughly around the same age as me were in matching uniforms. Where they students? Its common practice for schools to require their students to wear school uniforms.

"Are those uniforms from Taimei Elementary school?"

"Yeah, that's the school I went to...."

I wonder.... what if I attended a normal school? What would change?

What does a normal student do? What do they do after school hours?

Do they laugh, cry, get stressed or excited? How do they feel about school?

Do they feel free everyday when they walk around school?

"Y-you know.... I honestly couldn't give Ayankoji-kun an answer to that.... to me it's just normal...." Sudo said with others agreeing.

'I just want to live my days in peace.... I'm such a fool. I should've seen something was different about him from the beginning.' Horikita thought while sighing.

I don't know such feelings any more, I recall having such emotions when I was younger but it's all just a blur to me now. I don't even recall ever being happy.

What does it mean to be happy?

"Kiyotaka...."

"Tch, I didn't even bother trying to share those magazines with him." Ishizaki muttered to himself.

He's referring to his outdoor-hobby magazines.... what were you degenerates thinking?

In terms of Human Biochemistry, our brains release Dopamine, an important neurotransmitter in our brain's reward system that gives one symptoms of pleasure. But.... what does it mean to one's heart to be and feel happy?

Am I happy right now seeing all this new and exciting scenery?

I wish I knew, perhaps my heart is no longer capable of feelings things such as happiness.

"No, A-Ayanokoji-kun that isn't true....it was your kindness that save me.... you have a heart that can feel.... I know it." Ichinose muttered trying not to be heard by her classmates.

I doubt that happiness could even exist inside the White Room to begin with. However, despite that I don't hate the White Room, nor do I like it. I'm indifferent to the facility, since having such feelings are of no use to me. So, I discarded them.

"A neutral standpoint in an uncontrollable environment.... it does seem to be the best mindset to have...." Kanzaki said while pondering about what Ichinose said.

After another 20 minutes of rush-hour traffic, we made our way on our private jet upon reaching the airport. Thankfully I was placed next to the window where once again I stared out at the busy airport as we slowly began to depart.

The flight will take around 13-15 hours to get to John F. Kennedy International Airport, so we will be spending the night onboard. 'That man' used this time to finish paperwork in preparations for the business meeting taking place tomorrow afternoon.

No words were spoken between us as that would be unnecessary. So, I just got comfortable in my seat, now thinking about it, this is the first time in years that I felt somewhat remotely at peace.

I may not completely understand happiness, but right now resting in this comfy chair staring out the window at the clouds....it feels.... nice.

'I want to make Kiyotaka's life as peaceful as possible, I'll do everything in my power to help him.' Karuizawa thought strengthening her resolve.

Time skip:

Time: next day, 4 pm

Location: Empire State Building, 69th floor

With a total of 102 floors, the Empire State Building was once the tallest steel buildings to tower over New York City back in the 1930s serving as an office building for the rich and powerful businessmen around the United States, today it serves as an iconic attraction for tourists. However, some of its floors can still be reserved for business meetings and other official affairs such as the one taking place today.

"Man, I get he has to learn a lot.... but how the hell does he remember all this?"

"Fufu, remembering such trivial information is nothing for Ayanokoji-kun."

".... You seem as you knew him from before.... Sakayanagi-san." Horikita said narrowing her eyes.

"Oh, has someone already forgotten the last couple of videos...." Sakayanagi countered with her smug smile.

Despite not being as tall as other more modern buildings, I find its architecture fascinating.

"Kiyotaka, the purpose of this meeting as I mentioned before is to show the results of 'that place' therefore as the top of the fourth generation, it is your duty to become acquainted with our investors. You will show your abilities to ensure their future investments. Understood?"

"Yes sir."

"And remember.... no holding back."

No holding back.... I'm not in the White Room right now so.... could I hold back?

'He wants to lose to go against his father.... but has to win in order to survive...' Matsushita thought.

Getting into the elevator to go up to the 69th floor, the elevator was surprisingly in great shape for being almost 80 years old. Although it occasionally made mechanical noises from old age but the ride itself was smooth.

"What's your problem Ibuki why are you sweating so much, got a problem with elevators kuku"

"S-Shut up...i-it's nothing..." PTSD intensifies...

As the doors open, a huge crowd of people came before my eyes. Men dressed in formal suits such as myself, and women wearing elegant and very luxurious dresses. Their fingers, ears and necks laced with gold, diamonds and pearls showing their sheer amount of wealth.

"Before I continue this next part.... will Mei-Yu Wang come down to the stage please and act as our translator."

"Eh....um.... o-okay."

Mii-chan slowly made her way down to the stage where Agent T set up a microphone to allow her to translates for the student body.

[A/N: Just pretend that Mii-chan is translating the dialogue for the students. It's easier that way instead of doing Mii-chan said this and that cause that would be dumb and repetitive.]

"Ah, Professor Ayanokoji, I'm glad you were able to make it." A tall American man came to 'that man' and spoke in English.

"Mr. Koenji, thank you for the invitation, me and my son are looking forward to this gathering." I knew 'he' was fluent in several languages as 'he' instructed many of the 4th generation's linguistic classes.

"KOENJI!" With that everyone turned towards the man whom won the island exam.

"Well, now this has caught my interest, it would appear that my father has met Ayanokoji-boy."

"Koenji-kun.... did you know Ayanokoji-kun from before?"

"Afraid not Horikita-girl, however I have indeed met this professor Ayanokoji before."

'It would seem that I did know this man from before.... if I recall it was at a meeting between him and my father back in our private estate.'

"You Bastard! Why didn't you say that before!" Sudo said standing up from his seat.

"Fret not red-hair kun, for you see, only a perfect existence such as myself only has time for perfect existences.... such as myself, hahaha"

"Why you-"

"Sudo-kun now is not the time." With that the dog sat back down obediently.

"Hmm, this is your son I see, what's your name young man?"

"Kiyotaka introduce yourself."

"Hello, my name is Kiyotaka Ayanokoji, it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance."

While translating Mii-chan was impressed on hearing Ayanokoji speak fluent English.

Albert however was smiling the entire time.

"My, my very impressive. Even at such a young age his English is flawless.... a little monotone, but still very impressive, no doubt from the prestigious school your father is ruling. You're a very lucky young man to receive such unrivaled education."

I'm lucky, huh....

Seeming satisfied with my introduction, 'that man' once again turned to Mr. Koenji.

"I notice your son is not present with you today, will he not be attending today's meeting."

"You must mean Rokusuke, I'm afraid he's attending his training classes today so he won't be present for today."

"Training? What were you training for?"

"Even I have to train to maintain my beautiful body even as a child. I dare not allow myself to become flabby."

"I see, very well then, shall we begin the demostration?"

"Of course."

Following a little behind the two talking men, I slowly made my way towards the center of the room where a platform has been setup with a chair and desk.

I see, so that's what he meant by me showing my abilities.

"May have everyone's attention.... as many of you know I am Professor Ayanokoji. There are those of you present whom have generously invested in my school, and as a special event for our guests here, my son Kiyotaka Ayanokoji, whom is receiving the highest form of education in my school, will demonstrate his academical intellect at a very high caliber."

"I mean, I know he's smart and all, but how smart is he Agent T?" Ike asked.

"Well, I guess to put it in your school's ranking system. Ayanokoji-kun would be considered S+, if he were to go all out, he could even be in a 5th class on his own competing."

"HUH!" This was a shock to all the students, while Chabashira was smiling.

"H-How.... I mean yeah, he's at the top of his generation, but even still that's kinda overestimated of him... ain't it?"

Ike's statement earned him glares from all of the class's leaders, and Ayanokoji's friends.

'Haah, why do I even like this idiot' Poor Shinohara and her choice of men.

"To answer that question, see for yourself."

"On the center platform 4 test sheets are laid out with questions in Math, Engineering, Physics and Chemistry all of which are at the college level. To ensure fairness, I asked everyone here to get in touch with several professors from Stanford University, Columbia University and the California Institute of Technology to submit questions and their answers to this building's fax services. Therefore, neither I nor my son have seen the questions."

"Kiyotaka begin."

Not listening to his speech, I made my wait to the center and sat down at the desk with the 4 test sheets consisting of 25 questions each for a total of 100 questions.

Advanced differential calculus, Aufbau Principle, Linear Momentum and Collisions, B.T.U Conversions, as well as Axiomatic Theory of Probability.

"Whaaa"

"S-Some of that is AP college level academics.... his father expects this much out of him..."

Ayanokoji's classmates all knew he was smart when it comes to math... but that is now, not when he was only 7 years old.... even with seeing him in the White Room, nothing has been shown yet with a difficulty of this magnitude.

"How the hell do you even pronounce the second one?"

" W-Well, on another note, Mii-chan you're incredible translating all this without stopping." Hirata complemented her with the others joining in.

"T-thank you Hirata-kun a-and everyone else too." She said with a happy smile.

Were these high school level questions? 

College?

Haah, I guess I should've listened, I was more concerned about not being the center of attention.

Seating up here with everyone's eyes on me is really annoying. Previously I wondered if I should hold back, but I'd rather just finish this and move away from the crowd.

 Time skip: After 10 minutes

3rd person POV:

After a questionably short amount of time, Ayanokoji raised his hand on completion of the test sheets. Professor Ayanokoji took the sheets and ran his answers through a computer-processing machine to verify his work. What came over the screen shocked the entire crowd.

"100 percent....h-how is that possible...."

"No way, he's just a kid."

"BRAVO!"

"W-Woah"

"He never showed any sign of difficulty."

"Incredible"

'Fufu, you make my heart race every time, Ayanokoji-kun.' Sakayanagi said putting her hand over her non-existent chest.

"I knew it.... he's smarter than he let on." Matsushita muttered to herself.

[A/N: I'm not going to give them dialogue talking about Ayanokoji holding them back and they would've had more points if not for him because that's too cliché and honestly cringe to me.]

Soon the crowd was clapping in admiration for our little genius whom still remained as emotionless as ever. To Ayanokoji, their praises and cheers meant absolutely nothing to him.

"Straight-faced as ever..."

"Can't blame him really, I'd hate being the center of attention in that crowd too."

"As you can see, this is the result of my school's curriculum, a single boy not even at the age of 8 yet can flawlessly solve these questions in an unfadable amount of time. I ask that my loyal investors and hopefully future investors continue their aid to the my school where hundreds of these geniuses are being taught every year to benefit society."

Of course.... to 'that man' I'm still just a tool. Using me to promote that facility and continue its survival. All these people will blindly believe in his words unknown to what hell lies in that place. The 'band wagon effect', it will only take one or two people to be swayed by his cunning words for the others to follow suit under peer pressure in support of his ridiculous dream.

"Disgusting, I loved to see him be used as a tool instead."

"Fufu, wouldn't we all Masumi-san."

His dream comes at the expense of dozens....no hundreds of children's lives. For me along with the other WR students we have to survive. Survive to live. Live to produce results. Results for the White Room's survival. That's my sole purpose in life. To live as a tool for 'that man'  and his dreams. Despite being here right now in New York City, the outside, I am still a clipped bird.... bound in the white cage that it the White Room.

[A/N reactions will follow after this next part.]

Despite all this.... I don't hate him nor the White Room.

Why.... even with all the suffering I have seen and witnessed.... I feel nothing....

Would I feel angry or frustrated if I choose to go against him or that place?

Would I feel happy if I chose to hold back....

What if.... I decided to lose....to be defeated by the White Room.... would that bring me happiness?

The children that I have seen take their own lives all showed no terror on their faces.... choosing death over life in the White room.

Would my death give me happiness....

Would I be able to feel what happiness means to one's heart. To obtain that freedom from this cage.... and 'that man's' grasp.

No....I can't lose, I have to survive till the end, what the other students think or feel mean nothing to me.... 'his' ambitions meaning nothing to me.

I will win.... hate, sympathy, happiness, grief.... they are useless to me....

Kind of a pitiful contradiction to have.... isn't it?

The will to win.... and a wish of defeat.... It's truly sad.... isn't it?

'There it is.... the flaw of perfection. A sad contradiction that the masterpiece has dealt with for years, unable to find the answer.'

"A-Ayanokoji-kun, he won't commit.... suicide here at school will he... after we seen all this.... he won't r-right?"

Upon hearing that question, Hirata and Karuizawa both started hyperventilating.

Ichinose shook her head trying to keep such thoughts out of her head.

The Ayanokoji group started crying again. Afraid they made not see their friend again.

Agent T, noticing the atmosphere developing, spoke up, "Do not worry, I assure you Ayanokoji-kun has no attentions of taking his life, everyone will see him again. His curiosity just led to such thoughts is all."

Agent T spoke giving the half-truth to calm down the students.

Or was that just a contradiction of itself?

After a few hours of mingling and shaking countless hands, the meeting met its end and we immediately headed back to the White Room.

Back to my mundane life....

Ever since this trip began, after seeing those school students on the streets of Japan, a single question aroused my interest.

What would it feel like to live a life in a normal school?

Though having such thoughts is useless, since that'll never happen.

But little did our Kiyotaka know....

"Yeah, I want to know. Why is Ayanokoji-kun at this school?"

"D-Did he run away?"

Amongst the questions, over in the teacher's area...

"What's wrong Sae-chan?"

"Nothing for you to be concern with.... Mashima-sensei, a word please."

The two adults walked away from the crowd to talk.

"I've been thinking.... the reason why acting director Tsukishiro was after Ayanokoji-kun along with Shiba-sensei...."

".... Wait, don't tell me...."

"It's just as you have figured out Mashima-sensei, I believe Tsukishiro is from the White Room to receive Ayanokoji-kun." 

Agent Tsukishiro noticed them talking, and thanks to his training in lip reading he knew they have finally figured most of it out.

3rd  person POV:

Upon returning to the facility, Professor Ayanokoji ordered his son to immediately continue with his training along side the other five students whom all had mixed feelings seeing him again. Despite his perfect performance in New York, Ayanokoji didn't receive praise from his father.... not that it mattered to him.

As the months flew by the 6 students still managed to complete their tasks with some of their academical time being converted towards literal arts and various tasks such as Chess, poetry, history and piano in which Ayanokoji was honestly looking forward to, thought it wasn't as easy as it sounded.... punishments were still delivered to those who failed their tasks. The pressure would slowly eat away at the minds and bodies of the 5 students as they all turned 8 years of age. An endless cycle of pain, suffering and despair.

"I don't want to see anymore, Ayanokoji doesn't need to suffer anymore with them."

'Just how many are going to make it besides Ayanokoji-kun....' Sato thought with worry and anger at the professor.

Sakayanagi wore a bitter smile, however she was too occupied thinking as she knew what was coming up.

Although.... something unexpected happened one day as the fourth generation were playing chess against their trainers....

A phone call was taking place between professor Ayanokoji and an unknown man.... 

"Good afternoon Ayanokoji-sensei, it's good to hear from you again."

"To you as well, Sakayanagi, I'm afraid I didn't see you at the convention in New York."

"WAIT SAKAYANAGI!" Once again the family name of someone unexpected shocked the theater.

Upon hearing that name everyone turned their heads to the leader of class A whom was glancing over at Mashima and Chabashira.

"That's the chairman's voice, he's acquainted with Ayanokoji-kun's father?" Mashima asked in disbelief.

"Yes.... back in their first year, Ayanokoji-kun's father came directly to the school to retrieve him, but chairman Sakayanagi intervened.... do you think this is related to the Chairman's house arrest?"

"I hate to say it but yes, with his father the professor and Tsukishiro both after Ayanokoji-kun, I wouldn't be surprised at what they can manage."

"Ah, yes, my apologizes about that sensei, unfortunately domestic matters forbade me from attending the meeting."

"I see, well handling the school and your daughter does require a lot of your time so it's understandable."

"Thank you for your understanding sensei, I do regret not being able to witness the results of the White Room in person."

"Don't tell me he knows about the White Room and doesn't care about seeing those children suffer too...."

"If you know what's good for you, it's best not to sully my father's name in my presence." Sakayanagi said in a cold tone causing the student to sink back in their chair.

"Is that so, well then how about coming directly here to witness our progress in person."

"Are you sure sensei? I recall that such a facility is not meant to be seen by the public."

"Nonsense, with the background we share in business and politics, I see no issues for an old friend to see the facility in person."

"I see, so they've been acquainted for that long, wait...." Mashima came to a single thought that both him and Chabashira would only know.

'Ayanokoji-kun and I.... are childhood friends you see.'

And as if on cue both teachers stared down at the girl with lilac-colored hair whom was smugly smiling at them like she knew what they were thinking.

"I understand sensei, very well. I'll be happy to come."

"Good, and why not bring your daughter with you, as I recall she's around the same age as my son. It could be a great benefactor for her to witness the future of Japan in person."

"Arisu? I see, very well. Although, knowing her....haah, I'm not quite sure she'll have an interest in the White Room."

"WHAT!"

"Hime, y-you have been to the White Room?"

"Sakayanagi-san, I demand an answer. Did you know Ayanokoji-kun from before, is that why he wanted to face against you in our 1st year final exam?" Horikita answered no longer able to maintain her composure.

"Is that why you picked him for the most praise votes in the class poll, AND THEN EXPELLED HARUKI!" Sudo asked getting angrier remembering his friend yamadead.

"Sakayanagi-san is this why you wanted me to contact him back in the sports festival and why you've taken an interest in him?" Kamuro asked with other students joining in.

Sakayanagi lack of responses slowly caused an uncomfortable silence in the theater until....

"fufufu, who knows...."

"I see, in any case it would still be beneficial to her to see the facility, till then Sakayanagi."

That following weekend the chairman of ANHS and his daughter Arisu Sakayanagi were driven up the mountains to visit the White Room.

"So that little girl really did know Ayanokoji, looks like I was right again, kuku"

"I guess Kiyopon has had friends from this school before us...." Haruka said to the group with a hint of happiness and sadness. Well, she is half right anyway.

SMUG LOLI POV:

[A/N: I will be altering some of the text from Sakayanagi Arisu's monologue since I don't like copy and pasting straight from the LN, and I'll also add some extra dialogue to progress the story.]

"This White Room, father would you elaborate on it for me please."

"She's so cute!"

"Look at the pretty little girl."

Hearing such remarks caused Sakayanagi's eyebrow to twitch, especially the reference 'little girl'.... again.

"Well, Ayanokoji-sensei built this facility to create artificial geniuses that will one day lead Japan into the future; strengthening our nation's political, foreign and domestic affairs. Through this facility's curriculum the students will become exceptional in at least one field."

"Artificial geniuses huh.... fufufu"

"What's so funny?"

'By her tone, it's as if she disagrees with the phrase artificial geniuses.' Matsushita deduced.

Stepping out of the limo, an intimating structure laid before my eyes. The first thing that caught my eye was the complex's color.... or better put lack of color.

White. A pure white facility sticking out from the surrounding nature's lavish greenery.

The students' faces contorted upon seeing this place again from the outside, just the mere sight of it brought shivers down their spine. Except for some students, I'm sure we can guess whom they are.

"I'm glad you could make it Sakayanagi, and this must be your daughter."

"Yes Sensei, Arisu introduce yourself to Professor Ayanokoji."

"I'm honored to be in your presence Ayanokoji-sensei, my name is Sakayanagi Arisu, it's a pleasure." With that I gave an elegant bow.

"Sakayanagi-san you are so proper, even back then." Ichinose said with a tired smile.

"Fufu, of course, I am a lady after all."

Ayanokoji-sensei.... his eyes are cold and ruthless. I wonder what led for this man to develop such dead eyes.

"Shit.... it's not the first time seeing those eyes and it still gives me cold sweats."

"Yeah, me too...."

"Now then, follow me and I shall take you to see the White Room's fourth generation of students whom are receiving the most advanced curriculum thus far."

Fourth Generation? I wonder just how many students have been educated in this facility, based on the sheer size of this place, that number could reach in the hundreds if the fourth generation serves as the fourth year's group of students.

I wonder, how come known of the students are present outside right now?

"So, she seen Ayanokoji-kun since back then.... tch" Horikita was frustrated in her lack of observation between those two. As if she had a chance to begin with...

Going through the main door, the interior of the White Room was no different to its exterior. The corridors, the walls and ceilings were all painted white. As professor Ayanokoji showed us through an elaborate maze of rooms, training facilities and bedrooms I couldn't help but think about the aura of this place.

The aura was that of dread, sadness.... death.

"How are you so calm.... I mean wouldn't you be scared?"

"And what benefit would being scared in that situation do for me?"

"Kuku, calm down there you Ayanokoji wanna be." Ryuen remarked

"Haha, that was a good one, dragon-boy."

"SHUT IT BLONDIE!"

It felt more like a prison then a school. There were no windows, security guards present at every junction and corner with cameras to match. Privacy doesn't seem to exist in this facility.

This White Room feels.... how should I put this.... inhumane.

"You and Ayanokoji-kun are quite similar at that age.... your observation skills are put in areas normal kids wouldn't give a second glance to." Kanzaki said as a complement.

"Fufu, of course, we are geniuses after all."

"Professor, we acquire your presence for a student in the 5th generation. Here sir, take a look at the monthly report."

A man wearing a white lab coat gave Professor Ayanokoji a tablet displaying information about a student notably in the 5th generation. I couldn't really see the words on the tablet, but I did somewhat make out a girl with red hair."

Sudo and Horikita both flinched and looked at one another....

"I-Is that....no way...."

"Agent T said that two students from the 5th generation have been in the outside world.... you don't think that was Amas-" Horikita was drowned out by the video before finishing her statement.

"Very well, Sakayanagi, I must attend to some matters. I'll have my subordinate lead you to the fourth generation's sub-training room."

"Of course, Sensei, Arisu lets go."

We continued down the white corridor, up a flight of stairs in which my father picked me up in his arms due to my disability. Upon reaching the top, we came to what looked like a large observation deck with a giant panel of glass at the front.

I placed both my hands on the transparent glass, doing my very best to see what lied beyond. The screen seemed to be some sort of one-way mirror so they couldn't see us from the other side.

"What is it, Arisu? It's rare to see you this interested in something."

"This is an experiment attempting to artificially create a genius. There's no way I wouldn't find it interesting."

"I mean.... if you didn't know about the hell they went through, why would you find it interesting in the first place?" Ike asked unable to compute.

"Well, let's just say it went against my old way of thinking."

'Old way of thinking.... this must have to do with the artificial genius concept.' Stalker-chan pondered

"Haah.... what about it do you find interesting?"

"Well, you see this facility seems to attack human rights from all angles, and the bigger thing is that I don't thinks it's possible to create an artificial genius."

".... A child such as yourself shouldn't think along such lines, haah."

"What do you mean Sakayanagi-san? Ayanokoji-kun was.... made to be one...." Ichinose said struggling to say that last part.

"Unfortunately, you'll have to watch the video for your answers, I'm afraid my throat is a little dry.... Mashima-san would you be so kind to fetch me a tea please."

"Ugh.... fine." 'I knew she was going to do that...'

My core belief is that the moment people are born in this world, one's DNA determines their potential. No form of education or training can create a false genius. Natural Geniuses, true geniuses, are decided by the genetics they receive from their ancestors.

'Yes I knew it!'  Matsushita jumped out of her seat in victory only to slump back down quickly embrassed.

However, be as it may. DNA couldn't explain unforeseen circumstances that allow people to gain dramatically improved intelligence.

"The students at the top of these generations must have superior DNA."

"Just like your mother, you inherited both her brains and personality."

"I'm happy to be compared to mother, thank you father."

I watched as the children partake in their lessons, those of them that succeed will continue forward.... and those who start to fall behind would disappear."

"Wait, how would you know they would be.... disposed of.... they never showed you that back then did they?" Hirata asked.

"Back when Ayanokoji-sensei showed us around the various rooms, I took notice of a stack of white chairs and desks in a storage room, and based on the empty gaps between the remaining children's desks I concluded the failures dropped out.... although I must say, I didn't realize what that entitled back then..."

"Despite us being enemies now, I'm not so prideful to not compliment your observation and deduction skills as a child." Katsuragi stated to his previous rival.

"Fufufu, is that so, I thank you for your praise, but I must correct your choice of words, my intellect wasn't limited to back when I was a child, it has only improved.... I'm sure you're quite aware of that fact."

Katsuragi said nothing more returning his gaze to the video.

The survivors of this facility were just blessed from the beginning with superior talents; I see this experiment as pointless. As I watched the children struggling in their chess matches.... there was a single existence that caught my interest.

"Kiyotaka" Karuizawa muttered under her breath.

"That child, he seems composed while performing his task as if it were nothing."

"Yes, he is Ayanokoji-sensei's son, Ayanokoji.... Kiyotaka, I do believe."

The son of the man both running this facility and the one my father holds high praise in. A man with an aura of superiority, his son must have inherited great talents from him.

"I see, being sensei's son, he must've been blessed with excellent DNA I presume?"

"It's hard to say, both his father and his mother never received a higher education nor possessed outstanding athletic attributes. Their parents were the same as I recall, but Sensei does possess a strong ambition and unyielding fighting spirit to make up for it. Through sheer will, he has moved up to greatness to the point he could move the country.... perhaps even more than that."

"Agent T, since you said you were once an agent under the command of Professor Ayanokoji can you elaborate how he gained such power and influence." Horikita asked raising her hand like the good schoolgirl she is.

"Not much is known about Professor Ayanokoji, he's not a man whom shared or boasted about his talents to anyone deemed unnecessary, so I can only give you an answer based on my own intuition."

"Professor Ayanokoji seen other more talented people with superior intelligence, but without having any of his own this gave him his fighting spirit. In politics or business talent isn't just limited to what's given by DNA, it's also how one adapts to an unknown situation. How one handles and takes control of that situation through words or action is a talent of its own. Put simply through his ruthless words and personality, Professor Ayanokoji scraped his way up in favor amongst the powerful and rich of Japan and in other countries. At least that's my theory behind it."

"I see, if that's the case then he would be the perfect test subject for this experiment."

"Well.... perhaps, sensei may feel that way about his son and I overheard the instructors referring to him as a 'masterpiece', but.... I can't help but pity him."

"Fufufu, masterpiece indeed."

"What's wrong, Hime?"

"Nothing at all Hashimoto-kun.

"Hm, why would that be?" I asked turning my head to my father's face.

"For him, the first thing he saw wasn't his mother nor his father, but the white ceiling of this facility. Since birth, he has only ever lived within this facility. Maybe if he had fallen behind sooner, his father would.... no, it's probably the fact he's made this that he's only gotten his father's favor. If that's the case its quite...."

He had never received any love from his parents, living an isolated life within those same white walls. Regardless of talent, there is much to be learned and gained from the warmth and contact of other people. Bonds that fill one with love, sadness, all these emotions come with the warmth of another person. Just like my father whom I hugged his neck.

The reminder of Ayanokoji's childhood and his mother brought tears back to the eyes of the students, reminding them of the cruelty of his father.

'I said that didn't I, and I still will never give up on my goal. Ayanokoji-kun I will personally help you understand that warmth. Those feelings come in many forms, not just the love given by one's parents. Friends, classmates, teachers.... enemies. They all cause unique emotions to dwell inside us.... perhaps you have started to realize this as well.... right Ayanokoji-kun?'

"The ultimate goal of this facility is to create geniuses that will become the foundation for the White Room. However, it's still in the early stages, it could struggle for maybe even another 100 years. For the children, this will be their purpose to provide results to create an efficient educational plan called 'projects' at least that's what sensei said."

"The children, those surviving and falling behind serve nothing more than samples in this experiment."

"No....no, even if they become geniuses, they will still die in that place...?" Kushida asked teary eyed.

"Yes, as you have already seen, what does a lab do with its experimental batches.... the ones that are no good are discarded, the ones that show results are kept in that lab to further the growth of future batches. A life confined to the white walls of that facility."

"W-Where's Ayanokoji-kun.... I-I need to speak to him...."

"I-Ichinose-san...."

"If Ki-Ayanokoji-kun was a success test subject.... then why is he here at school?" Karuizawa asked nervously. This  unanswered question was one that many others have thought as well.

"I'm not sure, I haven't made it this far into the videos, so we all will find out together." Agent T said once again lying through his teeth.

"I take it you don't like this place father?"

"I guess I have mixed feelings on it, since I can't really cheer on how the children are handled."

"Don't worry father.... I will personally smash this facility for you and prove that a person is a genius by their DNA not by education."

"Haah, again this is not very child-like of you but.... I'm expecting lots of you my beloved daughter." My father said that as he kissed my cheek.

"Fufu, and by the way father I want to start playing chess."

"Is that so, well I'm certain you'll become great at it with due practice."

"So that's the reason you fought against Ayanokoji-kun in that chess match. For you two it wasn't a battle between class A and Class D, but a battle between a natural and an artificial genius."

"Yes Horikita-san, for once the puppet leader is correct."

"Puppet leader.... what does that mean?"

Horikita's classmates began to gossip with one another why she remained silent.

On that note, both my father and I departed from the White Room all while my mind was buzzing with thoughts, but a single conclusion came to my mind.

'I hope we meet again one day.... Masterpiece.' 

"Hmm.... give me about a minute to load this next video up, teachers take this time to give everyone more refreshments please."

"Horikita, got a minute." The one who approached Horikita was none other than her rival Ibuki Mio. Moving to a secluded area of the theater Ibuki spoke up.

"You seen it didn't you.... the girl on that instructor's tablet.... it looked just like-"

"Just like Amasawa, yes me and Sudo-kun thought this as well.... but is it really her...ahh"

"W-What? Why'd you freak out all of a sudden?" Ibuki stared at the wide-eyed Horikita.

"The special exam.... Amasawa.... I2..... it all makes sense now...."

"Hey, hey, explain what the hell's going on here?!"

"There is a special exam amongst the first years to have Ayanokoji-kun expelled for 20 million private points.... Amasawa made contact with me, Sudo-kun, and Ayanokoji-kun during that time. Then she appeared to prevent us from going to I2 to help Ayanokoji-kun."

"Wait...wait remember what that chick said before we fought her.... She said she knew why Ayanokoji was so smart. So strong. So handso- eh, wah y-you know.... like she knew him from before."

Both girls just stared at one another realizing the truth, then Horikita broke the silence.

"Amasawa is one of the two 5th generation White Room's students to see the outside.... and she was ordered to come to this school to retrieve  Ayanokoji-kun."

"Shit.... but Ayanokoji-kun wasn't expelled, he's still here with us at scho-."

Ibuki and Horikita both realized that Ayanokoji wasn't there with them.... not in the theater.... that an agent from the White Room is showing videos of his past....

'Ayanokoji-kun.... w-what do I do.... no, I have to do something....'

"Ibuki, this conversation never happened, keep this between the two of us only. Don't even tell ryuen-kun got it?"

"Yeah, but there's on more thing I want to know?"

"What's that?"

"Who and where is the other 5th generation student from the White Room...."

Horikita slightly flinched and pondered this as well.

I wonder.... who is the him.... they are referring to?

Who knows....

Time skip: 1 year after the visit

3rd person POV:

On an average day the students of the remaining fourth generation awoke from their chambers and headed to the cafeteria for breakfast.

"W-Wait.... where's the rest of them..."

"Only two...."

A brief silence took hold but then....

"AHHH!" Karuizawa screamed with all her might.

"NOO!"

"OH GOD!" Ichinose covered her mouth gasping as she cried.

"TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF!" Hirata shouted.

Ryuen asked.... no dragged his homeroom teacher Sakagami to tend to Hiyori who once again passed out.

All across the theater chaos broke out as students began crying and averting their gaze.

The cause of this sudden change was the video changed from the two eating in the cafeteria to a room showing the bodies of four students under white sheets being shoved into an incinerator.... the students quickly found how what happened to the four missing children....

Indeed, as it was an average day for the fourth generation, more students dropped out. What caused all four suddenly to die.... they each helped one another commit suicide stealing utensils from the cafeteria. Suicides have become commonplace in the White Room, but this was the first time a group has done it at the same time on the same day, perhaps they seen it as their last task to complete as classmates and once friends. Nonetheless, they were disposed of.... leaving only two remaining.

"No, no, no." 'How could I be so stupid and think my school life before this was hell.... what these kids.... what Kiyotaka had to go through.... h-he didn't ask for any of this.' Karuizawa thought crying.

Teachers ran non-stop with oxygen masks trying to calm down the students. A true horror movie indeed.

Test subject 4-01, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka and test subject 4-50, Sachie a girl with dirty blonde hair and eyes almost matching the golden eyes of Ayanokoji.... though hers showed more life in them.... are the last two of the demonic fourth generation.

"It's too much.... how can anyone go through with this...."

"A-At least K-Kiyotaka-kun isn't a-alone." Airi said while hugging Haruka whom was trying her best to remain calm after well.

Airi is indeed correct.... for now....

After eating breakfast, the two students made their way to the gym to begin their physical exercises. After stretching and performing routine tests and measurements the two went to the giant oval track to begin.

Today's task was simple enough, a race to the finish to time their speed. The loser would receive punishment as 'motivation' to try harder, but sadly for Sachie.... the results of this test were already predetermined. Facing off against the masterpiece.... she stood no chance.

"W-what's the punishment going to be.... I-I mean she can't win after all." Kushida asked hoping it wouldn't be severe but knowing such thoughts were futile at this point.

"I-I can't watch this shit." Ibuki, gritting her teeth, went to help Sakagami calm down Hiyori.

"Ready.... begin!"

On the mark Ayanokoji darted out with a speed that Sachie had no chance of matching, but she refused to back down. To her this was a matter of life and death. Unfortunately, it was a matter of life and death for her. A race that would be her last.

"No.... I want her to win but...." Ichinose along with other students just couldn't bring themselves to pick a side. For them it was a battle where who won didn't matter.... for Ayanokoji that was all that mattered.

The race, as expected, didn't last long with Ayanokoji winning with a huge margin with Sachie patting as she come to terms with what came next.

"Test subject 4-50, Sachie step forward to except your punishment."

Sachie slowly made her way forward, though no longer crying, but still very heavily patting...

Professor Ayanokoji grabbed her hair and punched her with all his force into her chest.... this would be her final punishment....

"BASTARD!"

"G-Get up, y-you have to survive!"

"P-please don't.... die."

A mixture of crying and angry bellows filled the theater. Ryuen and Sakayanagi both gave death glares to the previously hired Agent T.

"S-Sae-chan.... I don't want to see anymore." Hoshinomiya said with trembling lips.

Ayanokoji just stared at her.... watched as she clenched her chest. Coughing. Gasping to breathe.... he didn't move. Didn't blink. He just stared at her.... even as she drew her last breath and died before his eyes.... he felt....

Nothing....

"Oh god.... he's the last one...."

Yes.... the Demonic Fourth Generation was as said earlier the most gruesome generation in White Room history with a mortality rate of 96%. Ayanokoji-kun became the sole survivor of his generation as only he has managed to remove everything unnecessary for his survival.

'I guess you have been alone all your life huh.... Kiyotaka, I. I...' Karuizawa thought standing up.... but the....

"HOW COULD THEY DO THIS TO MY KIYOTAKA!!"

Her angry scream earned the entire attention of the theater while Ryuen was laughing while Ichinose flinched upon hearing her words.

"Karuizawa-san.... w-what do you mean your Kiyotaka?" Matsushita asked instantly.

"Karuizawa-san..." Sato said pulling on her friend's sleeve. But....

"Why could I never see. Kiyotaka was different from anyone else.... he made me stronger. Showed me what a real relationship was."

"Eh."

"R-Relationship...?"

"So why... why was I never there for him.... I-I should be better than this.... I should be b-better for him as his girlfriend.... w-when I love him with all my heart." 

Karuizawa sat back down crying with Sato and her other friends comforting her as well as process what she just said.

Two girls however.... what they just heard broke their hearts for a different reason.

Airi slumped down to the ground with tears in her eyes, while her friends comforted her.... Sorry Airi but sadly.... you're useless to Kiyotaka.

Ichinose became slightly pale as tears ran down her face.

"I-I guess.... I-I was too late." She tried to stop crying but her heart hurt knowing the one she loved belongs to someone else.

Sorry Ichinose.... Ayanokoji won't be able to keep his promise he made to you...

[A/N: Sorry Ichinose simps, got to stick to the LN]

Speechless, nobody asked any further questions.... her speech told them everything. They all felt sorrow for Ayanokoji's girlfriend to witness this. And of course, felt the same for Ayanokoji himself.

Ayanokoji made his way to the bed chambers after witnessing Sachie's death. The once filled chamber was now desolate.... empty bunkbeds lined along both sides of the white walls. Seeing this Ayanokoji thought back to the his first years in the White Room when this chamber was fitted with smaller beds and was filled with laughter and smiles while he stayed in bed reading, watching the other children talk.

Then after their training began, he recalled the countless nights of crying and screaming.... the bloodstains and bodies that would occasionally appear in the morning on the floors.... he recalled how he stayed up all night like many others terrified to sleep; not wanting to see the next day. He isn't sure how he felt back then, but he knew it must've been dreadful.

And now as he looked around the empty chamber with him being the last one alive; a single thought made its way to his lips.

"I guess.... I truly am alone now."

And done. This took longer than excepted, but its finally finished. Thanks to everyone who is reading this fanfic, its appreciated as always.

Did you enjoy the chapter?

ETA till next chapter: Probably around a week as well, hopefully. Maybe sooner, maybe later.

Until then bye. 😊  

Word Count: 13330

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 6.7K 10
The entire 2nd year were informed to go to the gymnasium for an important announcement, but when they arrived, they met a figure, and with a snap, is...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
306K 7.6K 111
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
367K 8.1K 23
This is a fanfic of Kiyotaka Ayanokoji getting his entire life torn apart when videos of his various antics are shown to the entire school year. Did...