Within The Bonds

By nightlighe01

She is innocent They are manipulative She plays it safe They thrive in danger She likes her normal life ... More

Introduction
1: Brothers?
2: Mysterious Driver
3: Everyone's Home
4: Just Jet Lagged
5: Rules are for fools
6: Who Hurt You?
7: Panic Attack
8: Allergies
9: No Doctors
10: More Brothers?
11: One Long Day
12: Dinner Drama
13: Comfort
14: Shopping?
15: Bull's Eye
16: Flashback
17: First Day
18: Tryouts
19: Murdered
20: Security Team
21: Big Trouble
22: Who's Seb?
23: Haunting Past
24: Silence
25: Truth
26: Psych Psychologist
27: Permission
28: Tizan
29: Prank Time!
30: Jason
31: An Anagram?
32: Getting Down To Buisness
33: Memory Box
34: Fallon
35: Definition Of Annoyance
36: Monkey In The Middle
37: Dad!?
38: Dilemma
39: Cold Sweat
40: Rule Number Three
41: Closure
42: Floating Restaurant
43: Dreaming Of Mum
44: Toy War
45: Naming Ducks
46: Negotiations
47: The Family Rule
48: Face The Consequences
49: Their Office
50: Troubled Thoughts
51: Shell-Shocked
52: Straight Answers
53: Bugged
54: Achy Muscles
55: Hell Week
56: I'm Screwed
57: I Need To Get Help
58: Lisa Polisa
59: Clue 1
60: Uprooting Storm
61: Dream Or Reality?
62: A New View
63: Fourteen-Years-Ago
64: Couple Of Weeks Away
65: Improvise
66: UNO
67: Special Agent Louis
68: Crushy Crushy Crush
69: Details
70: Lemon Tart
71: Don't You Dare Finish That Sentence
72: You're Bossy
73: Cranberry Fruit Punch
74: We're Dead Meat
75: Not Your Damn Daughter
76: Candy Stripers
77: Connecting The Dots
78: I Need Air
79: Power
80: I Like You
81: The Todorov's & Volkov's
82: We've Got Company
83: Up The Tree
84: Rescue
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Epilogue
The Sequel

85: Fallen In Place

15.3K 465 229
By nightlighe01

Jason jumps into the passenger seat while Noah takes the driver's leaving me in the back with Xavier whose arm, I have a death grip on as the event of the past few hours start to settle in.

While my eyes are glued to the window beside me aimlessly Xavier takes this time to inspect the damage done to my head that is now surrounded by dry blood—the same injury that caused me to lose consciousness when they kidnapped me.

"Why aren't we following them?" I ask in a rather soft tone as I watch our car drive past the one Alessandro is in as his car takes a sharp right turn.

"They are headed to the hospital, we thought you woul—"

"No, we need to follow," I mumble almost incoherently under my breath cutting him off, my request catching them off guard yet them comply with it.

Momentary I find our car in tow with the SUV Alessandro is in. Overcome by momentary surprise that they didn't question or dismiss my out-of-character request, I soon dismiss it, knowing that I'll be hearing about it later.

Five or so excruciating minutes later they finally pull up in front of a hospital's ER door. By the appearance, this isn't a very big or busy hospital but is sure the closest. Anxiety starts to bubble within me at its very sight, yet I try my best in keeping my emotions in check and focusing on the bigger picture—which is Alessandro.

Thankfully there aren't many people I can spot around its premises, nor are there many vehicles in their parking lost which is more than visible as we make our way towards it and find an open spot almost instantly.

Jumping out of the car we soon follow behind to where the rest are as they wheel Alessandro into one of the rooms in the ER and slamming the door shut leaving us to wait outside in suffocating trepidation.

I notice that the guys have all taken off their bulletproof vests and neither of their guns is in view which frankly relaxes me a bit knowing that that is one less thing to worry about.

"Sir, all of you can't be here, you can wait right there I'll let you know when we have an update." A sweet nurse dressed in light blue scrubs addresses us motioning towards the other end of the large room, whose walls are bordered with chairs that are mostly vacant, adjacent to the main ER area we are standing in the middle of.

Nodding at her in reluctance we proceed to make our way towards the said area when she stops me in my track pulling me out of my daze and back into reality. Her eyes scan my state for a brief moment before she offers me a look of concern.

"Sweetly, you've got dry blood all over you are you okay?" She asks in a soft tone pointing out my crimson-painted forehead, Alessandro's jacket that I'm still wearing covering the few stains of blood on my clothes from view.

"Yeah..." I mutter under my breath find my throat extremely dry all of a sudden.

"May I," she asks motioning towards my head and I nod hesitantly only to find Xavier by my side in a heartbeat, but he doesn't stop her, just stands there and observes our exchange.

"It's not that deep, but you might want to get it clean and properly treated before it gets infected," she suggests making me crane my neck towards Xavier unsure what to do as my mind continues to remain foggy.

Nodding Xavier gives her the go-ahead on my behalf, after which she guides us further into the main ER space and away from the waiting area.

Reaching an empty station, she beckons me towards the vacant seat in front of her while she excuses herself to gather the supplies, she needs to work on me. She comes back moments later with a tray full of supplies and seats in on the metal table at her side and snaps her white latex gloves on.

The sound of her gloves snapping against her hand, pulls my mind back into a dark place as flashes of darkness and malicious laughter invades my sense. The smell of disinfectant that is thickly permeating the air pulls me further down this black hole as my surroundings slowly fade away.

A ringing sound in my ears prevents any other sound wave from registering as the feeling of a familiar touch having a firm grip on my arm helps pull me back to reality as they shake me out of my daze.

"Are you alright?" Xavier's voice hits my ears with an evident tone of concern lacing it.

I take a moment to fully regain control of my sense before nodding in response which of course doesn't satisfy him nor the nurse who both look at me with clear reluctance.

"I'm fine...I think," I verbalize my previous response, mumble the last bit under my breath.

After a few more minutes of her making sure I'm okay, she proceeds with her initial task and starts off by cleaning the dry blood off my visibly bruised skin.

Xavier tries maintaining his impassive façade, but I don't miss the flash of distress that flickers in his eyes with an overpowering hint of anger as he visually assesses the damage done to me.

"This looks to be at least a day old." The nurse points out as a frown settles between her brows, her gaze alternating between Xavier and me.

"And aren't you with that young man that came in with a GSW?" She adds before any of us can present her with an explanation.

"The cops are here." A voice announces grabbing our attention before she can get an answer. Xavier nods at the stranger as I visibly stiffen at the mention of the cops—why? I don't know.

"They require your statement," the stranger adds referring to Xavier—which takes me by surprise to be honest.

'Why would they want his statement?' I wonder to myself while half relieved that I don't have to interact with any more strangers as of now.

'Will he be in trouble for rescuing us without police assistance?'

'Are they in trouble?'

As my thoughts race, Xavier nods yet again at the stranger before shifting his attention back to me. Asking me if it's okay for him to leave, to which I nod thinking that he might be in more trouble if he delays.

With one final glance, my way he then proceeds to leave assuring me he wouldn't be long and either Noah or Jason would be right by my side.

Now I'm left with just a concerned nurse and myself while encompassed by over ten people both seated and walking around, some with visibly open injuries others clutching their heads and abdomen in evident agony, while hisses of pain linger in the air.

"Okay, so while they sort that out how about we finish up here?" She asks in a soft tone motioning towards the supplies in her tray and to my head.

I nod in consent and she resumes working on my injury, while I try my best to stifle every agonized hiss or whine that makes its way to my lips. Digging my nails into my palm I try not to interrupt her work with my instinctive protest as she thoroughly disinfected the gash on my head.

"Excuse me," A whiny voice calls out and I identify a blond woman standing a few feet away from us as the source.

The lady is about 5'2 with a magenta T-shirt with the words 'Live Laugh Love' written in blue font on it, with dark blue jeans on, sporting the most cliché 'Karen' look in the book, finished off with a typical bob 'Karen-cut' styling her blond hair and everything.

Just one glance at the lady and I can already smell trouble...or is it her overwhelmingly strong perfume I'm not sure. But I'm almost certain that this woman spelled trouble.

Now done with the major cleaning of the laceration and the area around out which I can feel as bruised rather badly, nurse Judy—as her name tag reads—turns to face the lady who just spoke.

"Yes?" She enquires while also grabbing a tube of ointment from her tray.

"You need to come with me right now! My son has sprained his wrist pretty bad and no one is helping us," she explains in a demanding tone crossing her arms across her cheats completely ignoring the fact that she is still tending to me.

"Of course, ma'am, but I need to finish up with this young lady first. So, if you could just wait in the waiting area, I'm sure another nurse will assets you momentarily," she replies nicely before turning back towards me.

"Do you have any allergies I should know about?" She asks me while focussing her attention back on my head.

"Just pork, but I don't think that will be a problem," I reply while still well aware of the blond still standing there.

"We have been here for over twenty minutes and there still isn't a nurse available," she whines yet again, stressing on the 'twenty' as though to prove a point.

"She came in much after we did and yet she is getting treated first," she continues pointing her acrylic nail-mounted accusing finger at me as anger and impatience roll off of her in waves.

"This is a hospital, not a fast-food joint, we do not go on a first come first serve basis. We prioritize based on seriousness and resources the person may need, and this girl needed immediate attention," she explains still maintaining a calm tone and exterior.

"Well, my son is in a lot of pain as well," she counters with a huff. "And besides we were here first," she continues to harm the same tune.

At this point her shrilly and unnecessarily loud tone has started getting to me as a head starts to develop and intensify with every minute she chooses to argue with the nurse.

"Ma'am the fast you let me finish with her, the fast I can help your son," nurse Judy negotiates, turning back to face me and getting back to work.

"No!" The blond huffs again. "We were here first, and so I demand you tend to my son first," she adds in an enraged tone.

"Listen, lady, I know you're worried about your son but there is no need to be so rude to her for it, she's just doing her job," I cut in into the conversation not liking the tone she is using with the nice nurse nor her attitude towards her, yet still trying to sound as respectful as I can.

"Shut up! It's your fault my baby is in pain!" She accuses now talking directly to me.

"I don't even know you woman, how the hell am I responsible?" I snap back the pain now getting to me as my anger flares at her claims.

"How are you responsible?" She scoffs repeating what I said in a sarcastic-scornful tone.

"You and your friends over there just waltz in here like you own the place disregarding everyone else who is waiting in line before you and you have the audacity to ask me how are you responsible?!" She nothing but screeches at us as her face depicts the raw rage, she's in as its turn a light shade of red.

"I'm sorry you feel that way. But my friend who was wheeled in really needed immediate attention," I try explaining now coming to understand her side of the story as well.

'I would be mad too if someone who came much after me was given preference first'

'But that still doesn't excuse her behavior towards the nurse though' My conscience chimes in and I couldn't agree more.

"Nonsense!" She calls out snapping me out of my thoughts. "If you really are sorry then you will let this nurse come with me and wait your turn as you should have," she adds in a smug tone now placing her previously crossed hands on either hip while impatiently tapping her left foot.

"That's not my decision to make," I shrug causing a sense of discomfort to spread through my shoulders and down my lower back as my sore muscles protest my sudden movement.

"As I said, ma'am, you can wait in the waiting area and a nurse will be with you shortly," nurse Judy takes this moment to reiterate her previous instructions to the woman this time not moving from her spot beside me.

"This is madness! I demand you come with me this instant!" She shrikes in a tone that makes it feel like nails are being hammered into my head.

"Is there a problem here?" Jason's authoritative voice cuts through the air stopping nurse Judy from responding and causing the woman to snap her head to face him.

"Yes, this nurse here is refusing to help my poor baby who has been patiently been waiting for help for over forty-five minutes now," she explains clearly feigning the distress lacing her tone just as she has evidently fabricated her sob story as well.

'Wasn't it twenty minutes just seconds ago?' I wonder to myself, but bite my tongue in order not to add to the already prolonged conversation.

"He's in immense pain and no one is ready to help," she adds on turning to face Jason with a now-classic helpless lock pasted over her plastic face.

"Can you help out a helpless single mother, please?" She asks Jason in the tone sweet enough to cause diabetes making me want to gag at her sudden change in tone.

"Why are you here then? Shouldn't you be waiting in the waiting area with your boy?" Jason counter questions her possibly having heard some part of our previously ongoing conversation.

"There is no one there," she explains. "And we've been here for over an hour now," she adds causing all three of us—Jason, nurse Judy, and me—to look at her questioningly at her clear slip-up.

"Didn't you just as you've been waiting forty-five minutes?" Jason points out now sensing something off.

"Um...yes, yes, it's just been a really stressful day...you know?" She tries covering up, yet we can clearly see past her act.

By now nurse Judy is done working on my head and has sealed the gash with a bandage—thankfully not the kind that is wrapped completely around the head—while Jason is left trying to get the woman to back off as leaves us alone.

"No!" She shrieks stomping her foot like a little child denied candy or something gaining our attention. "She needs..." She is cut off by a very pissed-off nurse snapping her head to face her.

"Ma'am I am forced to ask you to leave this section as you are clearly putting my patient in distress," nurse Judy tells her firmly reading the clear signs of a developing headache on my face as I reach my threshold of endurance reaches its breaking point.

"Not until you come to help my baby," she snaps back stubbornly making me and the nurse both sigh and visibly pissing Jason off.

"Listen lady unless you want security involved, I suggest you listen to the nurse and leave," Jason remarks in a firm tone leaving no room for discussion.

But does this insufferable lady listen? Nope, she just carries on ranting on about how she is a citizen of this country and will not be treated this way and how the nurse needs to come with her this instant and also apologize to her for her 'rude' behavior.

I don't know if it's by the commotion the lady is causing or if she's just walking by another nurse snaps her attention towards as and starts to make her way towards as and crazy lady.

The second nurse who has now joined our little group looks to be in her late forties to early fifties with a stern yet soft look on her face with a few visible laugh lines extending from the sides of her nose curving around her mouth.

"Aren't you the same lady I asked to leave the premises like twenty minutes ago?" The second nurse asks getting a good look at crazy-lady and taking a moment to process.

At the sight of the second nurse, crazy-lady tones herself down a bit and becomes visibly nervous. "No, I don't know who you are talking about stop harassing me," she snaps at the second nurse unprovoked.

"I'm pretty sure you are, you were here with your son and wanted a doctor's note," she recalls making sure that she doesn't voice out any specifics.

"Ma'am I've already asked you to leave twice, now if you are insistent on not listening I will have to call security," the second nurse warns her firmly leaving us all dumbfounded at the new information.

"No! I will not leave unless you give my son the note he requires!" She stomps her foot aggressively.

'How does a thirty-something woman act like a five-year-old throwing a temper tantrum?' I ask myself at her more than unusual reaction.

"My baby is in immense pain and you all are just being heartless monsters to us," she adds on.

"Ma'am your son is fine, Dr. Dawson has already confirmed that for you. I suggest you leave and stop harassing other patients and staff." The nurse replies curtly motioning for her to start walking.

"But if you don't give him that note he will have to answer that test he has tomorrow," she wails, as though that would change their minds.

"I'm afraid so." The nurse shrugs.

"But he has spent the entire day here waiting to see a doctor and had no time to study...how is he going to answer the test without studying? You need to give him that note," she demands yet again.

'Is this woman for real?'

'A doctor's note?! That's what this is all about?!' I inwardly scream wanting there and then smack the living daylights out of her.

As though reading the thoughts, Jason immediately takes a hold of my left hand and gives it a gentle squeeze as though telling me to calm down. Sighing I listen to his wordless advice and splash a bucket of ice-cold water on the angered inferno bubbling inside me.

"Ma'am you've already met two of our doctors and both have refused to give your son a note, so I suggest you leave and get home and not spent the rest of your day here hassling our patients and staff." Ms. Nurse remarks which crazy-lady doesn't seem to appreciate much.

"I'm a single mother..."

"And you wonder why?" I mutter under my breath, but apparently loud enough for her to hear as she stops mid-sentence and glares at me causing Jason to take a protective stance in front of me blocking me from her view.

"I suggest you straighten that look," he remarks sternly almost coming out as an angry growl taking even me by surprise.

"Excuse me?!" She shrikes ignoring the fact that Jason is probably double her size yet still trying to stare him down. "This girl needs to learn a lesson or two on respecting others especially her elders," she admonishes.

'That's a lot to say for a woman who clearly has no respect for anyone but herself' I wanted to point out referring to how rude she was being to nurse Judy not so long ago.

But then she said something that almost has me pounce on her in rage.

"I wonder what your mother would have to say to your heartless comment? I bet she must be so ashamed to have such a disrespectful daughter," she retorts with a vengeful chuckle at the end.

Thankfully or not...I'm not sure yet Jason maintains a firm yet gentle hold of me preventing me from snapping that woman's neck right there and then. 'How dare she bring mum into this!'

"Can you please get this woman moving?" He asks the second nurse through clenched teeth while still trying to remain respectful towards her...well as respectful as a pissed-off person can be.

"Ma'am leave right now or I'll have security escort you," Ms. Nurse gives her an ultimatum while Jason attempts to control his rage while calming me down as well in the process.

"Why did I strike a nerve?" She asks in a smug tone.

"That's it! Get out!" Nurse Judy finally snaps pointing towards the exit while glaring at Blondie.

It takes a moment for the nurse's words to register as she looks at nurse Judy like a gapping fish shock pasted on her face. "What did you just say to me?" She demands trying to mask her shock with rage.

"Get. Out." She replies in a slow tone laced with the same firmness as before her finger still pointing towards the exit.

"You cannot talk to me in that tone!" Blondie huffs. "Apologize now!" She demands stomping her foot for emphasis.

'If foot-stomping never got a five-year-old anything what makes her think it will get her anywhere? Besides, five-year-olds are much cuter and way more reasonable than her if you ask me' I think to myself now calm enough to think rationally again.

I can see Jason holding in his anger yet for some reason he chooses to remain calm about this entire situation and not lash out at her and get her thrown out by now which I know he would do on any other given day.

'Maybe it has something to do with the cops being here and taking down their statements'

My inner voice did have a good point but at this moment all I want is to be with Alessandro and know that he's okay which I can't do unless this crazy Karen doesn't leave.

While the argument between the nurses and wild-Karen continues I try to crane my neck to see if the door they took Alessandro behind is still closed shut unable to get out of the station we are occupying as the wild-Karen and the second nurse are blocking our exit.

When my eyes fall on the now ajar door, panic starts to rise within me. 'Where did they take him?'

'Is he okay?'

A thousand scenarios roll through my mind, the next more horrifying than the other. But finally, I calm down a little bit when I see two security guards making their way towards us in hurried strides as Ms. Crazy-Karen continues to demand an apology from nurse Judy.

"This isn't over here!" Ms. Crazy-Karen yells in a promising tone as the guards proceed to escort her towards the exit. "I'm going to take this up with your supervisor, I'm going to go to your manager!" She threatens, pointing at both nurses.

"Don't you mean the chief nurse?" I can't help myself from saying which earns a light chuckle from the two nurses as Ms. Crazy-Karen turns bright red in embarrassment.

Getting past my short-live moment my mind goes back to my missing Alessandro. "Where's Alessandro?" I ask directing my question towards Jason who mirrors my confusion.

"I'm not sure," he replies turning to look at the now ajar door to the now-empty trauma room.

"Are you two looking for the young man you came along with?" The seconds nurse as nurse Judy excuses herself to dispose of her used supplies.

"Yes." Both Jason and I respond simultaneously.

"He has been taken up into surgery to take out the bullet in his chest," she explains causing me to go into a panic almost immediately.

"Surgery?" I repeat in a shaky voice.

Offering me a sympathetic smile she nods. "But don't worry he has one of our finest doctors working on him, he should be just fine," she reassures while Jason pulls me closer to him in a comforting side hug.

Nodding gratefully towards her, I finally jump off my seat and proceed towards where the rest are seating while Jason goes along with the nurse to fill out the necessary paperwork for me.

"Hey," Noah calls out grabbing my attention making me almost jump into his arms as my thoughts grumble inside my head causing my headache to intensify a hundred folds but that is the least of my worries.

"They have taken him into surgery," I mumble into his chest as I clutch on to him for dear life as he guides us to one of the vacant seats.

"I know, querida," he replies smoothing out my messy, dirt-tangled hair.

"Will he be okay?" I ask unsure of what else I can do.

"We'll have to wait and see," he replies not giving me any false hope...which I'm thankful for.

"Where are the rest?" I ask after a few more moments of purse silence from either of us as I process everything.

"They moved to a waiting area closer to his OR," he tells me. "Do you want to go there?" He asks and I nod almost immediately and soon enough I'm guided onto another floor where I spot the entire group from before along with two cops and stoic Xavier.

His demeanor relaxes a bit when he sees me before his impassiveness doesn't leave his features. Scanning the rest of the area my eyes land on Alessandro's dad and immediately my anxiety spikes up.

'What if he thinks I'm responsible for his son's state?' Is the first thought that runs through my head.

'And what if I am?' Another conscience points out.

Just as these thoughts circle around my head at an alarming speed the doors to the OR open and out walk to people wearing light blue scrubs with surgical caps and masks talking to each other before coming to address the group.

I heart stops. Their faces are impossible to read as all I can come up with is a blank. Nothing about them said good news, but neither did it scream bad. The longer the keep silent the faster I grow anxious.

'Why are they out so soon?'

'Don't these procedures take like a few hours?'

'How long has he been in there?'

'Why don't they speak quicker?'

'Just let him be okay!'

My thoughts show no signs of slowing down as I try out to dull my inner voices as I attempt to focus on the voice of the doctors instead, but that's starting out to appear like a difficult task. But then I hear it and everything just stops for a microsecond and my mind goes numb.

"He's out of danger and we were able to get the bullet out of his chest. Thankfully it didn't hit any vital organs and we expect him to make a full recovery." One of the two explain in a calm tone before asking if the group have any more question after which the excuse themselves.

A wave of relief washes over everyone. We can't see him right away because he is still heavy sedated and is being moved to an overnight room as we speak, but that really doesn't matter all I needed to hear was that he's okay.

We wait here a while longer before a nurse comes and gives us a room number, but tells us it will be a while before he wakes up and that we can head down to the cafeteria if we want.

His dad thanks her, but declines and askes her if she can guide him to his sons' room which she is more than willing to do and they leave. Wanting to give them their privacy and am not sure if I'm even welcome that I stay back with Noah and the rest while two men from his group follow his dad.

A few minutes Jason joins us and I'm soon glued to his side as we both find ourselves a place by the large glass window at the very end of that hallway. He asks me if I'm up for a meal or even a milkshake while I politely decline even though my stomach tries to protest, I just stomach the thought of eating yet.

"You really care about him, don't you?" Jason asks. A rhetorical question his tone, yet I try to play it dumb and give him a confused look.

"Don't give me that look," he admonishes with a hint of playfulness in his tone while giving me the I-know-what-you're-trying-to-hide look.

When realization strikes, I find myself at a lack of words. "I...um...how did..." I shut myself up when I'm unable to form a single coherent sentence.

"How did I find out?" He asks forming my sentence for me while stifling his laughter.

"Well..." he drags out while I'm still wrapped in his arms now turning a light shade of red.

"Seeing the name 'Alessandro heart-eyed emoji' in your contacts was a dead giveaway, then there was the uncontrollable blushing and...do you want me to go on?" He asks evidently aware of my embarrassing state and not wanting to torture me more...or so I hope.

"Wait...so you're okay with it?" I ask dumbfounded that instead of the enraged reaction I was preparing for I'm awarded this.

"Not quite," he replies causing dejection to course my veins. "But..." he says earning my attention yet again. "I'm not completely opposed to the fact," he assures.

"Why?" I enquire curious to know the reason for his even though not full but partial support. 'Maybe I can use the same reason to plead my case to the rest'

"Because you care about him and he seems to be good for you as well. I don't think I would have believed that we could ever get you inside a hospital voluntarily anytime soon. Yet here we are, just so you can make sure he's alright you just overcame your biggest fear," he shrugs.

"Thanks," I tell him with the utmost sincerity with a small yet bright smile curving my lips.

He chuckles. "I'm the least of your worries, convincing Xavier and dad is where the challenge lies," he explains. "By the way, dad is on the first flight back, he tried to get here as soon as he heard about it, but his plans got delayed due to bad weather," he adds in a quick explanation making me nod in understanding.

'Great I forgot about dad!' I mentally facepalm myself now wondering how the hell am I going to convince him and Xavier.

"You've got my back, don't you?" I ask hopefully.

"Sure, but with those two I'm afraid you two love birds are all on your own," he replies making me huff in response causing him to let out a chuckle.

"We'll cross that bridge when we reach there," I shrug to tired to worry about anything else other than that steaming hot red sauce meat lover pizza with extra cheese my stomach couldn't stop fantasying about in that godforsaken cell as I regain my appetite.

'Now that sounds amazing' My stomach roars in approval with my thoughts making me chuckle to myself. 

"How are you holding up?" Xavier's voice pulls me out of my hunger-clouded thoughts. 

"Better," I mumble in reply and soon I spot all of my brothers by my side including Liam and Jack who I hadn't seen since the rescue. 

We wait around in the waiting area a bit longer before Liam suggests we head home once we get confirmation that Alessandro is settling in his room and his mum will be joining them shortly. I ask them if we can get pizza once we get home earning me an almost immediate 'YES' is response along with a comment on how starved Jack feels earning a chuckle from the group.

'Everything has finally fallen in place' I think to myself content to be finally going home and getting my pizza. 

THE END.

Author's Note: 

Hey, guys long time no see huh? 

First things first, I would like to announce that this is most likely the last chapter of this book but I most probably will be adding an epilogue later on...maybe in a week or so. 

With that said I can't express how thankful I am to all my readers...those who have been with me from the very start and also those who joined along the way you guys mean the world to me. 

Starting out I never would have thought I would make it so far but you guys made this dream come true for me and I'm more than grateful for that so THANK YOU!

Now with that said I can't tell you whether I will be writing a sequel to this or not I'm really running dry on ideas here and also want to focus on finishing the other two books. 

Just a side note this chapter is partially based on true events that I have experienced first hand but I have obviously changed it up a bit to fit in context with the rest. 

I hope you guys like the chapter and thanks for the love so far. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this and feel free to leave a review on the book as a whole. Creative criticism is more appreciated and welcome. 

Stay Safe & Happy 

And don't forget to vote 

~Kia 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Forever family By Candyfloss

Mystery / Thriller

635K 15.9K 22
Emmalin Folliero is a 14-year-old who has been though more than most girls her age. Her mother is a drug addict and her step-father is extremely abus...
1.7M 38.3K 62
Targeted by her real family consisting of 6 dangerous older brothers as the 14 year old Ariana Alvarez finds out her parents aren't her blood. Will t...
171K 6.8K 40
she is a innocent girl who has always lived a simple happy life with her loving mother and stepfather-which she doesn't know is her stepfather. ...
18.7K 329 36
Kiara is an eighteen years old girl who lived on her own since she was sixteen Then, out of nowhere, she found herself in the care of her brothers t...