The Alchemist

By ElmoPittah

Leona is Bella's older half-sister who comes back from the army to live in Forks. She gets pulled into the wo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 26 part 2
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Special
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46 part 2
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 39

6.2K 181 3
By ElmoPittah

He had made me breakfast and just sat to keep me company, apparently he had the week off due to Victoria's threat and seeing two kids graduate. "How did it feel to act as a leader and not a father that day?"

"Odd. I don't particularly like to punish people."

"Sometimes it's necessary especially with what happened. But I wasn't necessarily mad at you. Just disappointed that someone like you who does quite amazing things, to be too passive at the worst moments."

"True. While you were gone I kept your note but gave the hearing aids away. It was a good wake up call, that I had indeed been relying too much on Edward and Alice' gifts. So if something came up, I tried to do better and take the information they could give, to make my own decisions. After I realized how completely wrong we had been, with how we left and how you were used. I felt bad for underestimating you just for being a human, no matter how clever your observations had been. I'm sorry Leona."

"Glad you realized that with your aging mind. That means only one person left. Oh can you show me articles on the disappearances, I have a theory which I hope to proof right."

"Here they are." He said. We went over them, soon joined by Rose and Emmett, sorting them chronologically. There was one person that stood out to me. Riley Biers. Paul and I had run into him and his friends occasionally if we were out on a date. He was a nice guy, from Forks...

"Alice!" She came. "I think we found your roadblock so to speak. Riley is from around here. He knows Forks and La Push and he was the first to disappear mysteriously before sudden deaths began happening." I explained. "If Victoria was around here at the same time, she..."

"Might have turned him, and use him to avoid my visions but how does she know?" Alice thought out loud.

"Laurent. The guy was never really going to change. He probably got the information out of your cousins in Alaska." I answered after thinking about it.

"Irina would tell him after a little sweet-talk." Rosalie said. Poor woman. Being used like that. "Anyway it could be a lead indeed. We just need to make sure somehow."

"We'll figure it out. I have to go. I promised Charlie I would come by." I said waving goodbye and leaving the house. Going to Charlie I drove past Edward and Bella who came from there. They didn't look happy. I sped up and got home a little quicker. Leah and Seth were there. I parked my car and got out.

"Hey guys." I greeted.

"Leona? Hi!" They hugged me before Leah pushed Seth away, dragged me away and threw me into a tree.

"Leah?" Seth was startled.

"You're one of them! A real leech!" Leah yelled.

"I can explain, please. I don't want to hurt you or anyone. Perhaps a pack-meeting would be smartest so I can explain at once. This is also why I asked to talk to you all."

"Leah she's not lying. Sam told us earlier, remember?" Seth tried to calm his sister.

"Fine." So Leah shifted and howled. Seth went inside and told Charlie there was going to be a pack-meeting. Then I was to follow them. Once at the meeting point, I was immediately grabbed and flung around like a ragdoll.

"PAUL, YOU GIANT FLUFFBALL, LET GO OR I'LL RIP YOUR BALLS OFF, SO RACHEL CAN KEEP THEM IN HER PURSE!!"I yelled before I was dropped.

"Leona?" I grumbled about my ripped clothes before turning to the voice. In the meantime the pack had phased back. "You are one of them now?"

"Yes but please hear me out. After that I'll leave the area if you want me to." Sam nodded and they sat down while I spoke. I told them about everything that happened in Italy and how I was turned. That I had found my equivalent of an imprint and about Charlie's visit. Then I told them that I didn't need to kill a human to feed, and that I could still eat human food as well as sleep.

"Is that your gift? You not losing human traits?" Sam asked.

"No, my gift is that of Alchemy. Apparently I am a true alchemist from a long line of alchemy users. Though only three of us were capable to use our power, me being the third." I answered and more questions came along with small demonstrations of my gift.

"So now it is up to you to decide what you'll do with all this. If we can remain friends, like before, or if you choose to become enemies." I left it to them.

"Seth keep an eye on her, the rest huddle up." Sam said. They all gathered to talk.

"I am glad you are back Leona. I for one don't want to be enemies with you. Charlie told us you had been devastated when you killed during your first feeding. Meaning you are still you, just sturdier." Seth said.

"Thanks Seth. I hope the others think that way as well." He was really a nice boy. 

"We decided that you are still the same Leona, and we would hate to lose your friendship. However, during your newborn phase you are not to be on your own while on our lands. And of course no hunting in the area." Sam said.

"I will probably steal Carlisle's emergency supply, so no hunting is needed at all while I'm here. Then can we continue what I wanted to ask about?" We talked about Victoria and she had indeed been around during Riley's disappearance. I explained my theory and they said they would discuss their next course of action with the council. My visit with Charlie was interesting because he told me other places had experienced similar disappearances. Since he knew about the supernatural, I let him know we were thinking there could be a big fight coming.

If that happens to be the case he promised he would stick around Billy and Sue. Satisfied with the information I had gotten, I went back. Jasper and I talked it through and he too had the feeling an army was made with at least Victoria at the head. That there were other places with similar situations worried him but he didn't want to tell me about it yet so I went to bed after texting Felix hoping tomorrow would be happier as it was time for graduation.

I woke up this morning with Emmett and Alice acting hyper. Something about a party here after the ceremony. We went through the morning just fine. The ceremony was lovely though Emmett and I embarrassed Alice, Edward and Bella by cheering them on in an over the top manner.

Jessica's speech was really good. Not the cliché, we are the future blah blah blah, but more of an it's okay if you don't know your path in life yet. Quite inspirational. When she finished I cheered her on as well.

I congratulated everyone I ran into on my way outside. My phone had been ringing. It was Felix. "Tigre mio, I was just about to call you. Is something the matter?" I asked worried. 

"We are in Seattle, wondering why nothing is done about the newborns here." He explained.

"We had no real proof yet about what was going on. Let me tell you what we know so far." I updated my warrior of a mate with our knowledge and he told me what they had found out. It was quite horrifying. Apparently the army was bigger than thought. And more organized than we expected from Victoria. She wasn't alone.

"Be careful mia stella. Dangerous times are ahead." I could hear his regret that he couldn't be with me yet.

"I promise I will be careful. I'll see you soon." We said our goodbyes just before Alice was having a vision and Jake crashed the party with Paul and Jared.

"Leona, the council wants to meet you to see proof of your gift." Paul told me.

"That's fine. There is something horrible coming though. And it might destroy everyone here and in La Push." I explained.

"Army? What army?" Jacob asked. 

"Newborn, our kind." Edward told them. It was decided that the pack would help us fight, despite Bella's protests. Jasper said he had asked his friends Peter and Charlotte for help as Alaska refused apparently. In the morning we would get training from Jasper which was also the moment I would be revealing the truth about me.

After the party I went to see the council, showed them what I could do and told my story of how different I am. Quil Senior seemed shocked about something, but it would have to wait. I told them about the threat that was coming. Including that the pack, the Cullens, Jasper and his friends from before were teaming up to fight the oncoming threat, though I think the four Volturi will somehow become involved as well. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been feeling quite inspired the past two days so I am able to post a lot faster than usual. At least until the end of this week.

Next chapter, the training with the wolves and Leona revealing about her being a newborn vampire, sort of, will happen. How do you think the Cullens that don't know yet will react?What about Bella?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

837K 19.2K 81
Emily Swan never really seemed to fit in anywhere she went. She only ever found herself feeling complete when she was with her twin sister Bella. The...
561K 13.2K 43
Lilith Swan was the older sister to Bella Swan. For most of her life, Lily has been able to do things that make her an outcast in her family. When Be...
86.8K 1.8K 31
you are bella swan older adopted sister but she hates you and you hate her cause shes annoying and try's to hurt charlie every chance she gets and yo...
249 2 32
A Twilight Saga based Fan-Fiction featuring Renesmee, daughter to Edward and Bella Cullen. This story follows Renesmee's story to her happily ever af...