The Alchemist

By ElmoPittah

Leona is Bella's older half-sister who comes back from the army to live in Forks. She gets pulled into the wo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 26 part 2
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Special
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46 part 2
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 38

7K 189 6
By ElmoPittah

"How were you able to eat that food?" He asked not taking his eyes off the screen.

"I am just awesome like that." I answered not wanting to give away full information yet. "How are things here?"

"Victoria showed up. She knows about the treaty line and makes smart use of it. We all went after her at some point as did the wolves. I almost had her just when she jumped over. Paul went for her as well but she dodged him and we bumped into one another. It nearly started a fight." 

"Hm. Well have you considered working together and find her?" I asked.

"Not yet. But there are other things going on too." He said.

"What do you mean?"

"Disappearances in Seattle. We think vampires but we aren't sure." That peaked my interest.

"Good thing Jasper and I are home then. We can help figure it out. Hey Emmett?" I smirked.

"Yes?" 

"You lose." I killed his character. He pushed me out of being a sore loser. I rolled over the floor and laughed. This day really has been one of familiar moments. Emmett, still petty, picked me up and ran outside but instead of me being dropped into the river, I flipped us around and now he fell.

"What was that for?" he growled.

"Payback." I answered blankly. But we both burst out laughing. I just knew that it was a sign for both of us that our friendship hadn't really been broken due to what happened. "Come on. You big oaf. Esme might scold you for keeping me out so late." 

"Why do you want to keep you being a vampire a secret?" He wondered.

"How do you think certain people will react if they find out? I will tell them soon but after graduation. I asked Alice not to tell for two reasons. One because I wanted to do it myself and two as a little test to see if she learned her lesson." I explained my reasons.

"Did I pass?" Alice interrupted.

"Really? Another déjà vu moment?" their confused looks made be realize I said that outloud.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"The first Cullen kid I talked to was Rose. Both when I first got here and at the airport today. Then this thing of you losing the game after I had a great meal made by Esme and someone dropped in the river, and now Alice being the first to find us." I explained. "Yes you passed so far. Can you tell me more about the situation here though?"

"I see a lot of disappearances, and definitely vampire related but I can't see who is behind it." She was frustrated.

"Any missing persons from Forks in the papers?" I inquired.

"I don't know." Perhaps we could find that out first.

"Start from there. I can tell you the Volturi aren't involved as the one behind these. However if this doesn't get solved soon enough they might be the ones to end it and you all too for keeping Bella human." Alice nodded understanding. 

"What are you thinking?" Emmett asked seeing I had a small theory.

"Nothing with certainty yet. I need to read the articles on the disappearances and talk to the pack first. But if our favorite redhead keeps showing up, I think she might be an important part of this. After all, you did kill her mate."

"We'll see. Carlisle has articles. He collects them to figure things out."

"Anyway I think I need some rest for a bit so let's go back?" I asked making a certain decision.

"Sure. Emmett why don't you go ahead? Leona and I need to talk girl-to-girl." Alice asked the big guy whom made sure I was okay with that. Had he really been that mad at them?

I nodded I agreed with Alice and he sighed. "Fine. Call me if you need help. Be careful. Both of you." We nodded. He ran, but I knew he wouldn't be too far.

"So, how was Alaska?" I asked her to start the conversation that was bound to happen.

"It was... strange but definitely quite an experience. Eleazar has been a big help for me. I actually had to work for money for the first time in my life and it felt so much more rewarding to be able to buy something with it. Sure it wasn't as big and expensive but I've come to really have way more respect for how hard humans work just to sustain their lifestyles. It also helped me train to not just rely on my gift."

"What kind of job did you have then?" Did she really work?

"I worked in a clothing store. The indecisiveness humans tend to have there really had my gift go haywire so I had to turn it off and actually ask them about what they wanted. I think I want to continue that sort of work because I learned so much. Thank you for making me see I needed this experience." She said.

"I'm happy for you that you made such progress." I smiled genuinely.

"Leona, I want to apologize for how I used you. I was jealous because I had visions of you hanging out with Jasper and so I made the choice to use you as our getaway-card in Italy. When Jasper revealed the truth I was horrified at putting you in that place despite what I had seen which made me take my punishment even more seriously. I had the vision of you laying in that hallway bleeding to death which terrified me until I saw you in your new form with your mate, sitting on that bench. Then Jasper asked me not to tell anyone because of Charlie's visit and you not being ready to deal with us. Though it was hard, I made the decision that I would never let my visions make how I feel about someone again, and to make things up with you if I had the chance. Starting with doing as asked. I hope that someday you can forgive me for what I have done." I think she said more to me than ever before.

"I accept your apology but like I told Bella, I am not mad anymore. I haven't fully forgiven you yet but I'm getting there. So how about you and I get to know each other properly as future sisters-in-law, because I do want to be able to see you all again and not just Rose, Emmett and Esme."

"That sounds good. Oh, how about a girls only night sometime this week? You, me, Rose, Esme and Bella? That way if things don't fully go as planned we both have people to help talk it out?" She suggested with a hopeful happy look in her eyes.

"That sounds good. Let's go suggest that idea." We got to the house and Esme scolded me for staying out so late, even though I am an adult, which made me realize I had truly missed her. She had become a motherly figure to me that I never had.

"Sorry Esme. I'll go straight up now okay?" I apologized.

"Of course. Oh and I'm glad you two talked. I am proud of you both showing your maturity." She said hugging us both. That night I just drew for about an hour before falling asleep on one of the benches.

The next day I spent my day with Rose working on cars again like before they left. "So how are you and Alice now?" Rose asked.

"About the same as me and Bella, though different as Bella is my actual half-sister and Alice isn't. I just want to be able to get along you know. Be in the same room and talk to you all without wanting to hurt someone." I answered.

"Leona, I am sorry we left the way we did." She had felt bad too. Awe. she really cared.

"I was never mad at you though. I think you did believe it was for the best interest of the family. And that loyalty is quite admirable considering none of you are actually blood-related. Oh yeah, I don't know if Alice said it yet but we want to organize a girls only night to really get to know one another again. All five of us together so if things don't go as planned, we can all talk it out to someone we can trust to help avoid fights or something.'

"Sure but after you tell about you-know-what." Another one who could make me want to not disappoint her.

"Yes that's probably best. So, this one is done. I am surprised Edward kept the Volvo this way though." The colorful car was sitting beside her. 

"We all kept your gifts. Good reminders not to underestimate human bonds." She really had felt bad about how they left.

"Rose, please don't feel guilty. While yes I had hoped not to be turned yet, I am a lot happier now. If things had been different, I wouldn't have found my mate yet, even though Paul has his and that would've caused a lot of sadness. This was just a better outcome."

"I guess you're right. At least you are sturdier now." She hugged me tightly.

"Speaking of Paul, I suppose I need to tell them too. Probably the sooner the better..." I texted Sam that I was in Forks for about a week and if we could talk sometime. He replied after graduation as the pack was busy with both Victoria and putting some members through graduation and stuff. I accepted and so I spent my last day before seeing Bella receive her diploma, partly with Carlisle and partly with Charlie. I had my chat with the doctor first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313 2 32
A Twilight Saga based Fan-Fiction featuring Renesmee, daughter to Edward and Bella Cullen. This story follows Renesmee's story to her happily ever af...
614 40 11
Alana and Aaron were ready to escape the life they were born into after being put in constant danger by their other sister or simply because of their...
18.3K 491 5
content warning: age gap ❝You're my daughter's best friend.❞ ❝I'm an adult, Charlie.❞ started: november 11th, 2022 published: november 11th...
53.1K 1.1K 21
Angel is feeling at her worst. She thinks that taking herself out of the equation is the answer. For the first time the Pack, Sekkari, and the Cullen...