๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“š๐“ฒ๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฃ๏ฟฝ...

By Nicki_2705

Allie Tisdale recently moved to Salt Lake City because her mom wanted her to have a quiet life while she fini... More

Cast
Allie Tisdale
Playlist
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20 - Bonus Chapter
Book 2

14

845 19 0
By Nicki_2705

It was now after Thanksgiving, and we were back at school today. I still wasn't happy with mum. We kind of have argued about us moving, and I wasn't talking to her at the moment. I wasn't backing down and I would not talk to her until she tells me that I'm not leaving. I know that I might be acting petty but I didn't want to leave when we were really close to opening night and I also didn't want to leave because I will miss everyone.

I didn't want to believe what I saw at the moment. I don't know how but I managed to get to the auditorium before anyone else. I was in shock at what happened. 

A few minutes later I see the rest of the drama club turn up to the auditorium and they saw the damage. We all then heard a firefighter say "Excuse me, kids!"

"Oh, my gosh! What happened?" Nini asked.

Ms Jenn then walked up to us and said "It's okay, nobody was hurt. There was a small fire in the theatre over the holiday and the sprinklers did their job."

"We're almost done in here just have to finish up in the faculty room next. Some circuits blew in there over the break," the firefighter said. "Fire ripped through half of your costumes and the sprinklers ruined a bunch of your sets. I...I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to red flag the entire backstage area for a month at least."

"Did she just say costumes?" I asked. I then realised that I left all of Vanessa's Gabriella costumes' in there over the holiday thinking that they would be safe. I promised her that I would keep them safe and I needed to make sure that they were fine. I quickly dumped my bag on the floor and ran towards the costume room. I heard people shouting for me to come back but I didn't listen to them. I just kept running towards the costume room. I had to dodge many people trying to stop me and I also heard footsteps behind me trying to catch up to me but I was too fast for them.

I managed to get to the costume room without anyone grabbing me and when I got there, I immediately ran to where I left them and when I found them I saw they haven't been touched. I then managed to relax now that I know that they haven't been touched. I then heard someone come up behind me and when I turned around I saw Ricky behind me. He then asked "Are you alright? You ran here extremely fast."

"Yeah. I was just worried that the fire got at my costumes. These aren't mine. They're Vanessa's and I promised her that I would keep them safe," I explained.

"Well, let's head back to the others. They were concerned as you ran," Ricky said. Ricky then wrapped his arm around my waist and we then headed back to the others.

"Okay, okay, listen up. Hug your neighbour. Take a moment and let's all reconvene in the cafeteria after school to talk about our options. Allie and Ricky spread the word," Ms Jenn said.

"Got it, yes," I said to Ms Jenn. "Of course."

"Ricky? Ricky?" Ms Jenn asked. I then looked up at him and saw that he was distracted by something. I don't know what he was looking at but I hit him lightly to get his attention.

"Sorry, after school in the cafeteria got it," Ricky said.

---

We were now all in the cafeteria and I was sat next to Ricky with my head on his shoulder. "Okay, guys!" Ms Jenn said. "Wait, where's Gina?"

"I think she's going through a family thing right now," Ashlyn said.

"Okay, prayers to our Gina. I'm really not sure what to say. You have all worked so hard. I've seen all of you grow so much. But if we don't have the theatre, we don't have a show," Ms Jenn said.

"Wait, what?" everyone says same at the same time.

Come on, Ms Jenn we've got to do something," Carlos said.

"I think we... I don't know, I guess we could consider other venues," Ms Jenn said. 

We all then agreed on that idea. "What about the old Kingston downtown?" Ashlyn asked.

"It's condemned," Ms Jenn said.

"The... The Lucky Ducky Puppet Pavillion?" EJ asked.

"It's a massive Starbucks now," Ms Jenn pointed out.

"How about the El Ray?" Carlos asked.

"Any other ideas?" Ms Jenn asked.

"Ms Jenn, I feel like you just had a really weird reaction to what I just said," Carlos said.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Ms Jenn asked.

"Carlos is asked if we can try and use the El Ray Theatre," Nini said.

"My Uncle Ruben is the listing agent and the last thing they had in there was a fashion show, like four years ago," Carlos said. He then walked off and then went on his phone.

"Wow, this place has five hundred seats," Seb said. Ms Jenn then said something but I wasn't really listening as my mind was elsewhere. I think Carlos then got on the phone with his uncle. I still wasn't paying attention to anything as I was thinking about what my mum said to me over the phone on Thanksgiving.

I then was shaken slightly so I came back to earth and Ricky then said "We've got the El Ray theatre. We've got to get our stuff and props."

"I'm coming," I said. I then grabbed Ricky's hand and we then left to grab our stuff.

---

We were now walking through the theatre with torches in our hands so we could see where we were going. I was holding on to Ricky's hand as we were walking together. "Right this way, follow me. Smell that smell, the theatre mould, it's a sign of life. Everyone, watch your step. And, let me know if you haven't had a tetanus shot recently, okay?" Ms Jenn said as we walked through the theatre.

---

We eventually got the lights on in the theatre and when we did Ricky and I were stood near the back of the stage. Ms Jenn walked up to us and talked to us for a second and then she moved to the front of the stage and said "Okay! Let's have some real talk. Welcome to tech rehearsal. I don't know if you've noticed but most of the tech in this particular theatre appears to be hand-cranked. Natalie Bagley my dear stage manager this is your chance to be the hero. What? What is it? What's happening?"

"Natalie Begley's getting her wisdom teeth out," Seb said.

"Okay, okay, so, I'm down a stage manager, my Taylor's MIA," Ms Jenn said. She then goes on about it but I then listen in when she says "Troy and Gabriella find somewhere quiet and run the rooftop scene. It's been a while and I need you opening night ready but dinner time, okay?"

Ricky and I then pick up our stuff and leave the stage. We then aimlessly walked through the theatre and we finally came across a room with a piano that seemed like our best option for rehearsing our lines.

"Yikes, this place is not creepy at all," I said in an attempt to lighten the mood.

Ricky then awkwardly chuckled and said "Right." He then found the light switch and flipped it on to reveal a very dusty room.

"Wow," I mumbled to myself, glancing around at the little trinkets and old props across the room.

"So," Ricky said clearing his throat. "How have you been...you know since the last time you spoke to me was on the day after Thanksgiving which was almost three days ago?"

"I've been ok, you?" I said.

"Miserable. Look seriously Allie, did I do something?" Ricky asked.

"No, Ricky you're fine. I'm just thinking about what my mum said on Thanksgiving. It's still the only thing that I am thinking about at the moment," I said.

"So that's it. You ignore me but you're not mad at me," Ricky said.

"Rick-"I started to say.

"No," Ricky began. "You know what it's fine. YOu don't want to talk, fine. We won't talk."

I let out a shaky breath. This was hurting him and I promised that I would never do that to him. I sat down next to Ricky on the piano bench and turned so I was facing him.

"I don't know what to do," I said.

"What?" Ricky asked while whipping his face in my direction.

"What I told you about on Thanksgiving about my mum. I don't know what to do. I want to stay with my mum but I also don't want to leave. We are so close to opening night and I don't want to leave," I said to Ricky. I was crying a little bit already.

"I'm so sorry," Ricky said. I think he notices my tears as he brings his hand up to my face and he then wipes my tears with his thumb.

"Maybe we should..." I suggested, pointing to the scripts.

"Right, yeah," Ricky nodded. He then removed his hand from my face and grabbed his script. W then opened our scripts to page 53 before Ricky interrupted "You know what, I already know these lines, should we rehearse them without the scripts?"

"Oh, uh yeah for sure," I said while nodding placing my book down on the piano. I then glanced back up and flashed Ricky an awkward smile before beginning. "Remembering in Kindergarten, you'd meet a kid, know nothing about them, then ten seconds later you were best friends?"

"Yeah," Ricky whispered.

"Singing with you felt like that," I continued.

"I never thought about singing, that's for sure... until you, and now I don't ever want to stop," Ricky spoke while I was staring at him. "Do you remember the first time we met, and you came up to me and asked me for help?" I was taken back by the question but I nodded. "I don't even know when we became best friends after that. You just came up to me and then somehow after that I couldn't go a day without seeing your face."

I then started blushing but I tried to hide it as best as I could. "It definitely wasn't when you hurt me while I was dancing."

Ricky grimaced and said "Off yeah, sorry about that one. Definitely, wouldn't recommend texting while walking."

"No, I wouldn't either!" I responded mockingly. Ricky then laughed while looking at me. I was unable to take my eyes off him but before I know it my lips touch his and we are kissing. I didn't even realise that we were leaning in but I couldn't believe it. I was kissing Ricky Bowen. 

---

I am trying to finish this book before I start my lessons on Thursday so I have to write around 6 more chapters in 2 days. I hope I manage to finish this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 68 24
Nini goes to the Youth Actors' Conservatory but forgets to tell Ricky that she's going! Follow Nini on a journey through a new school with new friend...
25.2K 663 69
Ricky Bowen, Nini Salazar-Roberts, E.J. Caswell, and Gina Porter are a group of friends that are part of a bigger group of friends. Their all enroll...
Showmance By ~S~

Fanfiction

3.9K 105 38
Cecelia Halpert had moved Twice in her entire life. Once when she was 4 and Her, her parents and her little brother, Phillip moved to Austin, Texas s...
40.4K 973 49
Nini is a dancer she has been dancing since she was a little girl what happens when she meets the East High football Quarterback Ricky Bowen ? Will...