The Deadliest Hunt (Arrowvers...

By ElusiveWriter21

(SEQUEL TO THE CENTRAL CITY SPIDER) After the last year of hunting down remaining League of Assassins members... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter One- Mark of Four
Chapter Two- The Most Important Mission
Chapter Three- Fadeout
Chapter Four- Back on Track
Chapter Five- What a Shocker
Chapter Six- Baseball and Family
Chapter Seven- Molten Metal
Chapter Eight- Welcome Home
Chapter Nine- Upgrades and a Spartan
Chapter Ten- An Unexpected Arrival
Chapter Eleven- Awkward Reunion
Chapter Tweleve- Half-Truths
Chapter Thirteen- Velocity Ten
Chapter Fourteen- Tachyon
Chapter Fifteen- Hero's Heart
Chapter Sixteen- Power Up
Chapter Seventeen- Showdown
Chaptet Eighteen- Heart of the Matter
Chapter Nineteen- Not Over Yet
Chapter Twenty- Rewewal Ceremony
Chapter Twenty One- Celebrations and Conversations
Chapter Twenty Two- Discord
Chapter Twenty Three- Fractures
Chapter Twenty Four- Cellular Bonding
Chapter Twenty Five- Second Chance
Chapter Twenty Six- Explosive Defeat
Chapter Twenty Seven- The New Guy
Chapter Twenty Nine- An Awkward Dinner
Chapter Thirty- The Waiting Game
Chapter Thirty One- Puzzle Pieces
Chapter Thirty Two- Lost and Found
Chapter Thirty Three- The Final Hunt
Chapter Thirty Four- Revelations
Chapter Thirty Five: A Decision
OUT OF TIME

Chapter Twenty Eight- Upside Down Kiss Two

1.1K 22 4
By ElusiveWriter21

A brilliant flash of purple exploded into the medical room as Caitlin slowly removed the last bandage from his face.

His eyes blinked rapidly as he tried to readjust to the light. He rubbed his eyes a couple times as Caitlin helped him stand up.

"Thank you for not playing 'Poker Face' I think I'd rather want to be in a coma."

Caitlin and Barry laughed at his quick reference to when Barry had woken up from his coma years ago.

"How bad are my injuries?" Lukas asked. "Am I ready to get back into the field?"

"Settle down, Luke." Thea said to him. "You just woke up from a week long coma."

"Actually, I have to run some tests after your up on your feet but your injuries are completely healed. If you pass the tests your good to go." Caitlin said to him. "We're glad you're back."

"Wait, you're not at all shocked you've been out for a week?" Allegra asked.

Lukas shook his head. "I was out for months last time." Thea helped him swing his legs off the side of the bed causing a frown to form on Nora's face.

"Thanks." Lukas said to her.

Chester gave him a pat on his back and Bart made a quick joke before everyone left leaving just Lukas and Nora in the room.

Tears formed from Nora's eyes before she hugged him. "Thank god you're okay." She said sobbing in his chest as she was held tight by Lukas.

"Of course I am, couldn't leave my best girl." He said to her. "I'm just surprised you haven't gone back to the future yet." Lukas said to her.

Nora shrugged. "Not while you owe me a date, or multiple." She said winking at him.

"How about tomorrow night, seven o'clock?" Lukas asked smiling at her.

She gave a soft smile and blushed. "Pick me up?"

"I noticed your injuries are healed." Lukas started. "Maybe you should be picking me up."

Nora's eyes raised. "How did you know?"

Lukas tapped his ear. "Super hearing."

***

"How do I look?" I asked Bart as he sat on my couch. He had been over recently due to him and Nora being on the outs for reasons he wouldn't tell me.

"You look like a stud." He said not taking his eyes off the tv.

"You didn't even look." I whined.

Thea walked out of the kitchen and smacked my chest. "You look great." She said before going back to her phone call.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked her as she walked behind the bar and got out a bottle of alcohol.

Thea rolled her eyes at the phone and mouthed 'Roy.'

I snorted. "Good luck with that. You guys have fun, I'm heading out."

Bart waved over his shoulder still not removing his eyes from the tv. "Be safe, I don't need to be an uncle yet."

I gave him the bird as I walked the short distance up the stairs to the West-Allen apartment with the flower I had gotten her.

I knocked on the door and it was immediately opened by Nora who stood there smiling with her wallet and her phone in her hand.

"I'm not changing." I said to her.

"Changing?" She asked confused. "Why would we change?"

"I don't know maybe because we both decided that jeans with a white shirt and a black leather jacket?" I said laughing.

She shrugged. "You're wearing a tshirt, I'm wearing a crop top. Plus, your jeans are blue and mine are black."

I rolled my eyes. "This is for you." I said to her.

She stuck out her bottom lip. "You brought me a flower?"

I nodded. "I did it last time too."

She made a sarcastic disgusted face. "Oh, you bring flowers for all your girls?" She asked me.

I panicked a little not being able to pick up on the sarcasm. "Umm, well my last girlfriend was you. You were also my only girlfriend."

She patted my chest as she took the flower. "I know sweetie, I was only joking."

I regained my composure and held out my arm. "Shall we?"

We spent the entire date mostly laughing and smiling. Rediscovering each other and our enjoyments in life which to my surprise some were quiet different compared to the other Nora.

We had completely avoided our hero job for the most part until she dropped the question.

"Do you miss it?" She asked.

"Miss what?" I asked her as we walked down the street back towards the apartment. Rain gently splattered softly on the Central City sidewalk as we locked hands.

"Having speed."

I sucked in a deep breath. "I do, and I don't know if that's me talking or the part of my cells that have conjoined with the Speedforce. But there's nothing like it."

"So, why'd you get rid of it then?" She asked as I opened the door for her and we began walking up the stairs to the apartment. "To travel wherever you wanted as soon as you want."

I shrugged. "I love swinging, and I love being able to not rely on my powers to do everything."

"But you're so much more vulnerable."

I shrugged. "Maybe so, but doesn't being vulnerable make us human."

"It also makes me worry." She said sadly as we stopped in front of her door. "It puts you into comas."

"I happen to remember you breaking your back."

"Over a lucky shot." She argued.

"Still broke your back, I watched your dumbass become a whole ninety degree angle." I said gagging.

"I could be at a ninety degree angle if you wanted." She said biting her lip.

"Hey speedster, not so fast. We haven't even kissed yet." I said getting flustered.

Nora wiggled her eyebrows. "Technically we have."

I rubbed the back of my head as we shared an awkward silence as she waited for me to make a move but my dumbass didn't pick up on that.

"If you're not going to make a move can we go inside now." Bart said becoming suddenly visible across the hall.

I nearly jumped out of my skin, I had seen this happen already but I wasn't expecting it.

"Also, Nora, if I ever hear that come out of your mouth again. I will break your back again." Bart said as he opened the door.

Nora bounced nervously. "I had a very good time tonight." She said hugging me.

"I did too." I said to her as I watched her enter the apartment and close the door behind her.

I whistled as I turned around and headed back to my apartment where an idea suddenly formed into my head.

***
Nora was continuing to work on her project, her comfort project. After her excitement from her date with Lukas her ADHD was going wild and she couldn't sleep.

She continued to pick at the M.M.R listening to the rain splatter against the window outside.

Her mind kept going back to Lukas and how badly she wanted him to kiss her. Why was she so embarrassed to make the first move herself.

A knock on the window caused her to jump as she quickly hid her project before she went to the window and opened it.

Lukas was there, in his suit. Hanging upside down from a web. Exactly like a spider.

"Long time, no see." Nora said leaning against the windowsill.

"I got bored." Lukas said to her.

"Why, do you have your mask on?" She asked.

"Well, this was how our first kiss went a couple years ago and don't try your way around this because I know it was in the journal." He said clearly smiling under the mask.

Nora blushed. "If I'm being honest." She said reaching up and pulling down his mask to above his nose. "I was thinking I'd never get to experience that amazing moment."

"Well then what are we waiting for." Lukas said as she pulled his face in crashing her lips against his as rain poured down around them.

Nora felt her body falling into the kiss, a type of feeling she had never experience before. This was way stronger than what she had felt for Lukas before.

This felt like that distant feeling one hundred times enhanced.

Was this what the other Nora had felt, and was she rediscovering it for herself?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.1K 30
❝Run, Barry, RUN!❞ ❝Life is locomotion. If you're not moving, you're not living. But there comes a time when you've got to stop running from things...
100K 2K 28
(ARROWVERSE AU- takes place after season six of Arrow and Season Four of the Flash. I've seen both season five and seven and they won't even be close...
57.5K 820 35
Two words: Speed ​​Force. After the death of someone important to the team, Team Flash has to deal with Barry's absence. Six months later Barry manag...
43.7K 1.8K 62
"I rush a lot of things, but I don't ever want this to be over." In which a lonely ER nurse falls in love with the fastest man alive. highest ranking...