Beyond Redemption

By liaaajam

"You said you enjoy reading books." Phoenix's voice was reduced to a whisper of seduction. He leaned over the... More

Introduction
• Character Boards •
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Seven

1.4K 39 10
By liaaajam

"Feeling good is the primary intention." -Danielle LaPorte

Scarlet's POV:

I'd always been good with words, excelling in writing and literature from a very early age. In fact, my teachers and parents constantly told me that I should pursue a career in English and I myself seriously considered it over the years. But I was never passionate enough to follow through with that idea.

However, lying here in my bed, I couldn't begin to accurately put the other night into words.

It was kind of similar to the feeling of being in an airplane for the first time. The exhilaration and thrill that hits you when the plane finally reaches its highest altitude. Seeing the radiant vastness of the blue skies right before your eyes for the first time. Clouds floating above and below you as you slowly move past it, expanding like an ever growing dream. You feel so at peace that you begin to think that heaven is within reach. It feels so fucking close that you almost begin to taste it.

But sooner or later, the beautiful view would disappear and the plane would start to prepare for landing.

But my descent hadn't begun yet and I wasn't sure if I wanted it to.

While I understood that my fairytale night was done and over with, this particular Monday morning felt a lot less dreary than usual. This was strange considering Mondays were always— unexciting.

Instead, it felt as though my head was still in the clouds, marveling at the beauty of the sky. Not quite reaching landfall.

I began to count the cracks in the ceiling but I couldn't seem to pass number three. Or perhaps I didn't want to.

The beam of light from the sun shone through my window and beat down on my exposed legs in the bed. Spring was not my favorite season, but in moments like these, nothing could be better.

Resting my head against the pillow, I listened to the birds singing beautifully outside. The cloudless day looked magnificent with the light blue skies. It was picture perfect!

My alarm quickly reminded me that I needed to get ready for school. So I did my regular morning routine but this time I let my hair fall gracefully along my back in a high ponytail.

Then, I hurriedly threw on a pair of jeans and a slightly cropped, long-sleeved top that stopped right above the waist of the jeans. It was the type of shirt that would expose the entirety of my midriff if I raised my arms too high.

My choice of clothing and hairstyle wasn't something I'd usually go with. But I thought that maybe if I pulled some aspects of the other night into today then maybe just maybe the ominous warning of my descent would quiet itself in the back of my mind just for a while. With that hope at the forefront of my mind,  my fueled spontaneity didn't come as much of a surprise.

Despite the few hiccups, my night was amazing. It was a bit out of my comfort zone seeing as though I spent my Friday nights alone reading a romance novel but for the most part, it was worth it.

I was under the impression that my social skills or lack thereof would obliterate any chance of me enjoying myself but I found a way to push it aside for a moment and actually have fun.

However, I couldn't seem to shake my encounter with Phoenix Knight.

In fact, if I was being honest, he was one of the main reasons why that night was one to remember. In spite of our conversation being a mere exchange of words, it was still quite memorable.

My cheeks warmed at the thought of him.

And maybe, my choice of style was influenced by the small part of me that wanted Phoenix to recognize me.

I said it before and I am going to say it again, that man was incredibly hot. From the way he carried himself to how he spoke made my knees weak. He had this ever present sense of confidence and sex appeal.

And what made things even better- Wait, no

What made things worse, was that he was always clothed to perfection. Constantly dressed
in clothes that complimented his brawny physique, exquisitely.

And Friday night was no different. Phoenix strutted into the club wearing a plain white t-shirt and a pair of blue ripped jeans that revealed glimpses of his toned legs to wondering eyes. Regardless of how simple his outfit was, it looked spectacular on his body, that's how insanely attractive he was.

The shirt allowed me to see more glimpses of his tattoos and the sight was heaven itself.

His biceps were adorned with many different drawings, placed sparsely along the skin on his arms. But I could only make out the outlines of them because of how dark the club was. But from what I could see, it sure looked good on him.

I was convinced that when God was making Phoenix, he took an insane amount of time on him, adding something special so people would always be captivated by his looks. Because goddamn.

His looks were one thing but his mannerisms and the way he spoke was a thing in itself. He seemed so confident in what he was doing. Knowing when to lean in towards me, how to set my skin ablaze with the brush of his lips against my ear lobe and he knew exactly what to say, working me into a frenzy of need.

When he had said what he said, my body reacted almost immediately, all parts of me tingling with desire at the sound of his voice.

Unlike Lia, I never found an interest in sex. In fact, it sounded tedious from the horrors stories Lia so gracefully provided me with and just the thought of it made me uncomfortable. And I'm not saying that I haven't indulged in a little bit of self pleasure but I haven't made it to home base.

But last night for some reason, I felt this strong urge to take Phoenix up on his offer without question.

I, Scarlet Rose, was ready to lose my virginity to a man who fucked anything with a vagina, in a dirty, smelly bathroom after he whispered some crap to me.

I quickly dismissed my previous thoughts, scorning myself in the process. If a mere conversation could have me thinking about losing my virginity just imagine if I started spending more time with him.

And that thought scared the hell out of me.

Phoenix Knight was trouble and I planned to stay away from him at all costs.

I ran down the stairs, through the door and I was immediately greeted with Lia and her usual perkiness.

I jumped in the car as she raised one eyebrow, clearly assessing me.

"You look different." She stated matter-of-factly.

"I feel different too!" I replied with the most enthusiasm I've displayed in a pretty long time.

She gave me a knowing smile before she spoke again.

"Well I'm glad you feel that way and it wouldn't kill you to thank me either." She said, widening her grin from ear to ear.

I rolled my eyes because I knew she realized the reason that I was so chirpy this morning was due to the fact that I had enjoyed myself at the place she dragged me to. She was right but I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction.

I turned on the radio then we began our journey to school.

"So I saw you and Jason talking at the bar the other night. How was it?" She asked suggestively.

"Well it was alright." It wasn't really any worthwhile conversation to be honest, seeing as though I practically forgot about my encounter with him until just now.

"And?" She pushed further.

"And what?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, wondering what she was hinting at.

"Did you guys makeout or anything?"

"No...I don't think he wanted to." I spoke quietly, suddenly feeling uncomfortable at the mention of me kissing Jason.

"Shut the fuck up. Of course every guy wants to hook up with a hot girl. He probably wanted to ask you out formally before making the first move." She added, her focus still on the road. "Well did anything else happen?"

Now would be a great time to tell her about my run in with Phoenix and how my interaction with him was possibly the highlight of my night. But there was no way in hell that I would say that to her. I didn't even want to admit for god sake.

"No, not really. Just another night at the club." I said, trying to sound convincing, before I hid my face by looking out the window.

I was never a good liar.

"Whatever you say." She muttered.

...

We got to school rather late and it was partially my fault due to the cloud-nine that I was on this morning.

As a result, Lia and I had no time to chat as we hurriedly went to our respective classes.

All my morning classes were a blur, nothing registering in my mind as I sat motionless staring into space.

I could only concentrate on one thing. Well more like one person.

Phoenix.

My mind was constantly drifting off to that beautiful set of dark brown eyes.

The thoughts of him invaded my headspace, making me restless. I wouldn't mind seeing him again but I couldn't help but wonder what he would think of me now.

Without the makeup, appealing clothes and most of all, the confidence. Just a normal, reserved girl who feared the judgement of others.

Thinking about it now, I hope to never run into him again and even if I do I hope he doesn't recognize me. It would be good for both our sakes, saving us both from an epic embarrassment.

I just needed to forget about him.

That's all.

It was currently lunchtime so I was placing some books into my locker before I headed to the cafeteria. My mind was still so all over the place that my book bag fell, scattering all my stuff across the floor.

"Ugh" I groaned aloud, falling to my knees to gather the items. While doing so, I glimpsed another hand that was also taking up books. My gaze travelled along their arm, passed their shoulders and finally I saw that it was Jason.

Shit.

"Hey Scarlet." He said with an annoyingly bright smile plastered across his face.

"Hey Jason." I smiled in response.

"You left me hanging on Friday," He stated, his voice dropping significantly lower in defeat.

"Omg I'm so sorry, my friend, Lia, got drunk so I had to carry her home and I completely forgot to tell you." I replied truthfully.

"It's okay...So how was your night apart from having to take home your drunk friend?" He asked, maintaining steady eye contact with me.

"It was great actually." Not because of him obviously but he didn't need to know that.

"So you enjoyed our time together?" He leaned forward with a small smirk etched onto his face.

Why did he have to put me in this position?

"Yes." I gave a convincing smile. I wasn't going to hurt his feelings so I did the next best thing which was to lie.

"Good because I want to spend more time with you." His face lit up as I began placing the fallen books into my locker,

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"I was wondering if you'd like to sit with me at lunch."

No, no.

My hands started shaking and my cheeks began to feel unusually hot. I really didn't want to sit with him at lunch. I knew he sat with the footballers and they were always the centre of attention. And we all know how I feel about people and attention.

"C'mon Scarlet." He said when he sensed my apprehension and hesitance.

And when I saw the look on his face, I had no other choice but to say, "Yeah, sure."

Especially after I ditched him the other night.

Why do I always put myself in these situations?

...

What are your thoughts? 🧐 Leave them in the comments.

Remember to Vote, Comment and Follow me on Instagram and Wattpad @liaaajam❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320K 6.2K 66
"What did he - Where did he touch you?" His voice had hardened, mad. I swallowed and looked down. "You son of a-" He walked off the porch, angrily ru...
955K 33.2K 25
**BOOK ONE OF HIS AND HIS ONLY SERIES** He held a chuck of my hair in his hand as he forced me to sign unknown papers. My hand shook rapidly when I t...
14.6M 370K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...
88.7K 3.3K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...