Twisted

By UsersAreDifficult

Hermione is coming back to Hogwarts for her 8th year. Where she must deal with her childhood enemy. But will... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 1

1K 3 3
By UsersAreDifficult

I thought this was finally the year where me and Ron would be able to get past the ice between us after we became a couple. I would already have lots of responsibilities as head girl. I had barely gotten to spend any time with him during the war. Even this past summer he had been very cold with his letters . I was hoping to talk with him on the ride to Hogwarts. But of course he and Harry had to go using Mr. Weasley's car again. Though I did find it amusing I wish it was possible to have more quality time with both of them. I was disappointed that Ron and Harry were still up to these childish antics, for Merlin's sake they were almost 19! I looked over to my left to see Draco Malfoy standing by my seat.

"Hello Malfoy," I said, unable to hide my annoyance. Could this day possibly get any worse?

"Granger, nice to see you as always," I could only assume he was being sarcastic "Mind if I sit?"

"Aren't there any seats with Slytherin? Or anyone else really? " I said while trying to hold back a snarl.

"It seems that every empty seat is taken by someone already." He responded. For a split second I felt sorry for him. I knew after the war he had lost some friends. But I thought at least a few of his Slytherin buddies would have stuck with him. But he did deserve it. He joined the Death Eaters, nearly killed Dumbledore, and betrayed all of Hogwarts.

"Nevermind. I can find another seat." He sighed.

"Wait-" I shouted impulsively "I guess there's some room here."

"Really?" I thought I could almost hear relief in his voice.

I thought that I might as well catch up on some reading while waiting for the train to get to Hogwarts, so I rifled through my bag looking for Hogwarts: A History. After snatching it out of the bag I flipped through the pages looking for my bookmark until I was startled by Malfoy.

"Hogwarts: A History, that's a good one," he said.

"Wow you actually took interest in something involving Hogwarts, that didn't involve the Death Eaters of course. I'm sincerely surprised" I retorted, annoyed at the interruption.

"Just trying to make conversation, no need to bite my head off." He became very quiet and looked to the floor.

"Sorry. I didn't mean that. I wasn't thinking" I suddenly regretted my words

"It's fine I deserve it." He paused, "It's a great book. You have good taste."

Was Draco Malfoy being decent towards her Hermione Granger?

"I'm well aware of my good taste. Thank you very much." I said, eyeing him suspiciously. Did he have some alternate scheme? Why was he being so 'pleasant' ?

Before I could further dissect the statement he had made I could feel my body beginning to fall forwards. In seconds my face was inches away from the boy sitting in front of me. I was about to scream but I got lost in his silver eyes. I could feel my heartbeat quicken as my cheeks heated up.

"Like what you see Granger?" He smirked.

"Uh-what huh I uh," I mentally slapped myself because I began to babble all sorts of strange incoherent noises. I looked over to my feet and saw they had been caught on my bookbag that had been slipped on by a 3rd year. I looked back at Malfoy's face, too nervous to move.

We both remained silent for a few seconds until a man came over with a cart full of candy.

"Would you like anyth- Oh. I see you're in the middle of something. I'll come back later..."

"Uh- Granger... Are you planning on moving off of my lap anytime soon? I mean not that I mind."

"Oh- erm- yeah of course! S-sorry about that..." I wanted to curl up and die in a corner. I had just laid on Malfoy's lap for way longer than necessary. I could feel his gaze on me and I had never felt more self conscious. In a desperate attempt to focus on something other than the terror I had I just endured I resumed reading my book. But I couldn't help but peek over the top at Malfoy. I can't believe I had just made such a fool of myself.

Thank Merlin for the announcement that we had arrived at Hogwarts. I practically leaped out of my seat and bolted for the door. Why did my year have to start off this way? 

This story is written by me and my co-writer. We will try to update as much as possible. Happy reading!❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 10.9K 24
Harry was returning to Hogwarts alone, Hermione being recognised as a crucial player in the Ministry's efforts of returning the wizarding world to it...
9.8K 368 11
He never wanted to be the Boy Who Lived, just like Draco Malfoy never wanted to be a Death Eater. They return to Hogwarts for their 8th year and beco...
13.2K 192 14
~discontinued~ The entire year 7 went back to hogwarts for another proper year after the disruption of Voldermort. The death eaters fled and Dr...
266K 7.8K 75
Hermione and Draco return to Hogwarts to complete their 8th year on completely different terms than they first started. Facing challenges after the B...