βœ“ forgottenΒ² || yang jungwon

By yang_jungwon

"They were right. Love is the most dangerous thing in the world." A book full of lies, frustration and π™§π™–π™ž... More

prologue
001: missing
002: dream
003: unexpected
004: bandaid
005: stay
006: caught
007: support
008: fascinating
009: others
010: jealousy
011: stargazing
012: wistful
013: opposite
014: visitor
015: insightful
016: contented
017: insouciance
018: intruder
019: promises
020: surgery
021: home
022: harmony
024: shambles
025: ineffable
026: date
027: divulge
028: adour
029: the ✎
030: secret
031: of
032: happiness
033: lies
034: in
035: friendship
epilogue

023: sufficient

8K 693 937
By yang_jungwon

(a/n: I finally drew Eunji and my baby looks so good someone give me an award for this😩 i'm going to be the next picasso just wait and see)
_________________________

eunji's p.o.v

"Good morning~" I mumbled to myself and yawned, while walking down my stairs rashly.
Just when I was about to miss a step, I managed to catch myself, laughing quietly at myself in embarrassment afterwards.
But my laughter would die down the moment later, when I spotted a figure standing in my very kitchen.

"You woke up already?" The person suddenly spoke lowly, making me stop in my tracks.
My brain was already on its verge on giving up, but it completely shut down when it turned out to be Jungwon who turned around to me the next moment.

"W-What are you doing in my house?!" I took a step backwards, while he shook his head, trying to get a strand of hair out of his face.

"What do you mean?" Jungwon smiled "I live here..with you. Don't you remember?"

"Huh???" Shock was written all over my face.
So the dream I had yesterday wasn't actually a dream?

"I wasn't joking yesterday." Jungwon chuckled again, before stretching his arms, which seemed to be the aftermath of the uncomfortable position he was sleeping in, "And you weren't dreaming either."

My breath stopped for a moment. Was he reading my mind right now?

"Eunji?" He repeated, but before he could continue I already jumped up and ran up my stairs not looking back once.
Internally I was thanking my legs for not giving in in this moment.

"Okay, okay take a deep breath. Take a deep breath."
I looked into the mirror, trying to keep my composure without freaking out again. I was now locked up in my bathroom.

Gripping onto the sink with both my hands, I let the water faucet run, before sprinkling a big amount on my face.
Was this a dream? Another one? I doubted it.

"But how is this possible..?" I mumbled, "I was sure It was a dream." Frowning, I glared at my own reflection.
I promised to stop talking to myself, but it seemed like I failed.

I don't know how many more minutes I stood there, while rethinking my life decisions, when suddenly I heard a knock on the door, startling me.

"If you've calmed down by now, please come downstairs and...help me make pancakes." I faintly heard Jungwon's unsure voice, "I think I messed up the batter. And the ingredients. And I think your kitchen too."

I froze. Was the kitchen in danger?

Immediately opening the door with a loud thud, I was now facing Jungwon, who casually leaned on the staircase with his arms crossed.
And now that I thought about it, he didn't look like someone who just destroyed someone's kitchen either since he seemed rather relaxed and unbothered.

His smirk broadened, when he saw the terrified expression on my face, "Finally you are done. The pancakes are getting cold."

"But I thou-"
The next moment, he already had taken my hand and dragged me downstairs, pushing me towards two plates with 4 pancakes each. With a proud smile on his face, he asked me, "What do you think?"

I was in awe at the food that was now laying in front of me.
I didn't know that I had been craving for non-hospital food this bad until now.

"I cleaned the whole kitchen already, don't worry. I didn't broke anything either." Jungwon reassured me, when I didn't utter a single word, "I...I lied, because you were taking so long and I was afraid I scared you off or anything."

Feeling bad for freaking out earlier, I whispered a small thank you and quickly hugged him, since I was first off to shy to hug him properly and second off because I needed to take a bite of these mouth-watering pancakes as soon as possible.

"You are welcome." He chuckled and sat down in front of me himself, "Are they...good?"

I glanced at him, smiling brightly, before taking a bite. He was all shy about the food he made himself, that I couldn't help but find it cute, "They taste exquisite~ I didn't know you were such a good cook, Jungwon."

"These are just pancakes." He turned away, probably feeling flattered at my compliment, "I'll show you much better dishes in the future."
I grinned and continued eating in happiness, when he spoke again.

"I am actually not that good at cooking. Jay helped me prepare them earlier." Jungwon confessed and looked down, while I failed to contain my laughters.

"I knew it." I wiggled my eyebrows, while he continued to look down in shame.

"But he only gave me instructions over the phone, I did mostly myself. I swear." The boy in front of me tried to justify himself, while I crossed my arms and squinted my eyes playfully.

"Call Jay and tell him how much I enjoyed his pancakes, thank you." I joked playfully, when Jungwon glared at me slightly, making me laugh even more, "Wait, I got a better idea! He actually should come over next time and prepare them himself. I would love to see it in person."

Jungwon pouted and sighed, not continuing to eat his pancakes, while I raised my eyebrows, "I-I can learn how to cook for you in no time, Eunji. You don't need Jay."

I glanced at his irritated face with a smile, "Are you...jealous right now?"

"I'm not."

"Yes, you are." My smile turned into a smirk.
Now it was his time to stay quiet, as I indirectly took that as a sign that he admitted it. Jungwon continued to munch on his remaining pancakes, while I watched him amused.

His hair was still slightly messy, but other than that he looked like always. He was wearing an oversize black t-shirt and I only saw now that his hair seemed to be a bit longer than it was in my memory.
I scowled.
This wasn't fair. How did he manage to look this good even after just waking up?

"Stop staring at me." He suddenly spoke, making my eyes widen, before I tore my gaze away from him.

"Only if you stop frowning first." I shot back, reaching forward with my hand to put back a strand of his hair. It was starting to poke his eye, "You should stop scowling so much or else you will end up looking all old and grumpy."
I mumbled the last part and quickly grazed over his forehead unconsciously. It was something my mom used to do all the time and it seems like I kinda adapted to it.

His eyes widened, making me stop in my tracks, as I realised what I just did. "I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to catch you off guard-" I apologised hurriedly.

"No..No, that's not it." He looked up to me, the look in his eyes changing drastically, "You...did the same before."

"What?"

"That...That gesture reminded me of something you did before. And you said the exact same thing." Jungwon hurriedly turned away and stood up, confusing me even more, "Nevermind, It's nothing important."

"I did?" I tilted my head, when it hit me.
It was on the day of our date at the amusement park. I didn't think he would remember.

Continuing to look at him, Jungwon started to do the dishes, when I suddenly noticed the pained expression he had on his face, making my eyes widen.

"Jungwon?" I stood up myself, as he turned around to me, obviously putting on a facade for me, "Did something happen?"

"Mh?" He avoided my eye contact, "No, of course not. It's..nothing. I was just surprised. Don't worry."

Now that I thought about it, till now he hasn't told me what he and Ara were talking about for so long on the day she visited me. Was he keeping it a secret?
"Alright then." I decided to just let it be, since it seemed like he didn't want to talk about it.

Jungwon never reacted this drastic at any of my actions that could have reminded him of the past.
Did he perhaps have a hunch, that I actually remembered it all? I frowned, while shaking my head.
I'm sure that wasn't the case.

But without a doubt, something did happen.
And I needed to find out what it was.

eunji's p.o.v end

"Jungwon?" Eunji suddenly asked the boy, who was about to stand up and leave after wishing the girl a good night. Somehow she felt a lot more brave at night to ask Jungwon questions and tell him what has been bothering her, "What did I do to deserve this? All of this. You. I really don't get it after all this time."

It had been bothering her for so long now. The boy had been doing so much for her despite all her protests and she knew she didn't deserve any of it.
She felt guilty and indebted to him.

Jungwon smiled. It was as if he was prepared to answer this question, "Just by simply existing you deserve everything in the world, Eunji."
She didn't reply, feeling her heart drop.
If he knew what she had been hiding from him all this time, he wouldn't have said something like this.

"Since I can't give you all that, I will try my best to give you everything I can. That's why you don't need to thank me or feel guilty. The things I do for you will never be enough." He continued and her cheeks were already starting to turn red.

"Jungwon, don't-"

"I'm thankful that you came back to me, Eunji." He mumbled, interrupting her and suddenly taking ahold of the girl's hand. Jungwon played with the bracelet that he gifted her before.
Once again she didn't answer. Not that she could.
Eunji knew she would have broken out in tears if she did.

"And before I forget..." He added, "Don't forget that we have to go to school tomorrow. You shouldn't oversleep on your first day back in school, right?"

Eunji hummed in response, but gulped at the same time, feeling slightly bad about going back to school.

It was the place where all her memories first started and almost ended.

:¨·.·¨:
'·. please vote and comment if you enjoyed reading this chapter<3 °*゚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 257 19
𝗒𝖺𝗇𝗀 π–»π–Ύπ—ˆπ—†π—ƒπ–Ίπ–Ύ, 𝖺𝗇 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋 π—ˆπ—…π–½ 𝗆𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 π—ˆπ–Ώ π—₯π—œπ—œπ—­π—˜
10.1K 793 14
With her parents unable to stay at one location for one year, Jillian Klein Cruz finds herself in another country and is transferred into a new schoo...
14.1K 1.1K 14
in which she sent him 10 anonymous letters. [au]: secret admirer / friends to lovers
500K 29.6K 34
after experiencing a bad breakup, yuri gets caught drinking on school grounds by the one and only park jay. Β© FLAUVIER 2021 ...