We're going to need more than...

By FuzzyFowl

For her, being cast as one of the leading ladies on the second season of "Why Women Kill" was her first big g... More

Do you need help with that?
Wanna come in?
Why don't you stay the night?
Can you do that?
And what do we do now?
Who is she?
And? Did you like it?
Can I do anything, baby?
Can I get you anything for dessert?
You remember Jordane?
Do I smell... fear?
Why does everything always have to be so complicated?
Where do we go from here?
Are you the Uber driver?
I really can't leave you alone for five minutes...
Have you ever died before?
So this is goodbye?
Why don't you take him with you to Hawaii?
So that's how rich people travel, huh?
Is that gentleman harassing you?
Would you be open to try something new with me?
I love you
How much is she paying you?
Why don't you want to be together with me?
What the hell is going on in the backyard??
I do!
I love you too!
When shall we meet the family?
How did you conquer Lana Parrilla?
Have you been to Hollywood Boulevard recently?
Call me Candy, will you?
So your idea of a romantic getaway is Disneyland?
First time, watching your girlfriend's sex scene?
I hope you don't mind camping?
You knew which day it was today, didn't you?
I'm sorry... have we met before?
Do you know what you've done to me?
... And you must be our son's girlfriend?
Do you have children, Lana?
Why are you being so rude to me?
What breaks the camel's back?
Are you breaking up with me?
But how about his sweater?
Wanna go party tonight?
Mommy, what shall I do?
Did that hurt?
What does it say?
Are you going to tell him?
Why don't you come back home to Atlanta with us?
Do you still love him? Do you want him back?
Left or right?
Ma'am, can you breathe?
Will you give me a second chance?
You're... what?
Don't you have something to say to Lana?
We DID need more than five minutes...
Story continues here >>

How about some pancakes?

126 3 0
By FuzzyFowl

„Got any plans for Easter on Sunday?", she asked on the way.

„Yeah! Meeting a few folks... My brother's in town. Nothing fancy though. I won't make it home to Atlanta this time, so I'll just keep it low key. You?"

„I'll be over at my aunt Candy's house, together with my mom and Trish, my best friend. She used to live with me during the early weeks of quarantine. I know this sounds like a weird and, like, not fun at all combo, but trust me, together they're a riot, you'd like them!"
„Well, you were right about me liking your dog, so, I'll trust you on this. Should I ever meet them, that is."

For a second there she was about to ask him whether he'd want to join them, at least for a bit, but luckily she could bite her tongue just in time before any such thought could come out. As much as she'd love having him there, that would have been a terrible idea! They should try and keep their affair separated as much as possible from whatever else was going on in their lives and from whoever else was part of it. And how should she introduce him to her mom and aunt Candy? As her 28-year old lover? They'd fear she might have lost her mind for good, and for good reason...

She unlocked her car and let Lola hop in, then walked around the hood to the driver's seat and opened the door. „You follow me? Or you already know the way by heart, back to my place?"

He had stopped at his car that was parked in front of hers and made an apologetic face. „To be honest... I really, really need to go home, at least for a few hours. I need to change my clothes and I have some stuff to take care of, emails to sort out and things like that. I'm sorry! But I haven't been home and taking care of my shit for almost three days now, and I hadn't exactly planned on beginning an affair with you and staying over at your place when I left for work on Wednesday morning."

„Oh my God, I'm so sorry, of course! You're totally right. Has it been that long already?"
He smiled and nodded. „Time flies!" Even though on the other hand, they both felt as if this thing between them had already been going on for years.

„Mind if I come with you, actually? Don't worry, not for long, I don't want to distract you, I'll leave you alone, but I'd love to just take a quick look at your place. I have no idea how you live, I'm curious!"

He almost managed to act casual, but a quick scratch of his neck betrayed him, the very gesture he always made, unconsciously, whenever he was feeling mildly uncomfortable. But then he said: „Sure, be my guest! Just be warned... like I said, I haven't been home in a while and I don't quite remember the state of my place when I left it. It might not be too bad, but since I didn't expect any visitors..."

She had to laugh at how cute he was. „It's alright, baby, I really don't care if your place is a mess. I'm not your mom, remember?"

„No, indeed... Thank God!"

She couldn't hide her surprise when she pulled up into his driveway behind him and got out of her car. „You live in a house? I could have sworn you're a condo guy."

„Yeah? Well... I don't know, I like to have something to myself, and I like the area! It's quiet here, it's small, but it's all mine. So, uhm... if you don't mind, could you just give me like, five minutes of head start? That would make me feel so much better."

She smiled. „Of course! I'll wait out here. Or maybe I can check out your backyard in the meantime?"

„Yeah, please, go ahead!"

He ran inside and searched through the rooms, eliminating all that needed immediate attention, but thankfully, aside from an unmade bed, a few stray clothes lying around here and there, some dirty dishes in the sink and a messy couch table full of papers, scripts and magazines it wasn't too bad. After five minutes sharp he opened the back door for her.

„Welcome, milady... Please enter at your own risk."

„You have pool? Wow, that's so nice! I have to say, and please don't take this the wrong way, I don't mean it like that at all, but all this is much more... grown up? ...than I would have expected. I don't think I lived like that at 28."

„Okay... thank you? I guess. You always make it sound like that was eons ago."

„Well, it was!"

She gave him a kiss, then looked around in awe.

„It's very nice, actually. And it really fits you."

He gave her a little tour, then something on the other side of the room caught her eye. „Wooow! It's beautiful!" She walked over to the framed photograph that was hanging on the wall. It was in black and white, showing just a pair of eyes that she recognized instantly. „Bob Marley?"

He nodded. „Of course. The one and only. You like it?"

„I love it! It's absolutely stunning." It really looked like it could just as well hang on her wall. She was seriously astonished how similar his house and decorations were to hers. Smaller, and simpler, but still... If they had somehow felt that they had a lot in common and they were vibing on the same wavelength, their homes were certainly another testament to that.

She didn't linger for much longer though, just as she had promised.

„Alright then, you do what you gotta do, Lola and I will head home. Feel free to come over when you're done if you feel like it."

„Are you sure? It's after ten already... It might get late."

„Anytime, baby. Just give me a call and let me know. Plus, you won at the arcade, so you decide about tonight, remember?", she gave him a wink, then wrapped her arms around his neck to kiss him goodbye. It felt strangely odd to just leave him behind like that...

She was worried that she might be too tired as soon as she'd arrive home, but the opposite was the case. She was so pumped and chipper when she entered her house that there was no way she would go to sleep anytime soon. Her house smelled like him, especially her bedroom. The day had been long and extremely intense, from unwrapping the fan gifts and flowers in the morning, to taking a walk with Lola and Levi, to visiting the fun park with Jordane. She could barely remember a day that had been so uplifting, inspiring, so filled with joy and love.

She poured herself a glass of wine and as she was taking a sip, her eyes landed on a beautiful flower crown some lovely human had sent her. She picked it up, admired it for a bit and put it on her head, then she decided to go live on Instagram again, just for the heck of it. Just for a few minutes – or so she thought, though in the end she was babbling on for almost two hours.

When she finally was by herself again, Lola was already softly snoring in a corner and she checked the time. It was almost two o' clock. She looked at the black screen of her phone, her own face staring back at her. She saw herself biting her lip lost in thought. Was he still coming tonight? Should she text him? She checked for messages or missed calls – and not for the first time – but still nothing. Geez, she was behaving like a school girl waiting for a love letter from her crush! She had to admit to herself that she missed him. She had gotten used to constantly being around him quickly, way too quickly! Get yourself together, Lana... So what if he didn't come anymore, he'd be absolutely right, he had the right to wanting to spend some time at his own place and living his own life too. That didn't mean that he never wanted to see her again.

But what if it did? Did he just make up an excuse to finally escape without a confrontation? Suddenly the phone rang. It was him. Praise the Lord! She casually let it ring once, twice, then she answered.

„Hey there."
„Hey, baby. Did I wake you up?"
„No, no worries. I got caught up in some stuff too." Mainly in overthinking completely ridiculous scenarios and swooning over you like a teenage girl, but otherwise, all good!

„I'm sorry, it got so late. I'm just finishing up here, you still okay with me coming over?"

„Of course, I told you, anytime. Again, it's your night."

She heard him smile through the phone. „Alright then. Be there in 20. I'll see you then!"
„See you then, bye!"

Her heart was dancing as she went over to her record player and resumed the Bob Marley vinyl that they had started listening to earlier, huddled down on the couch, wrapping herself in a blanket waiting for him. She had to restrain herself from drinking the entire bottle of wine all by herself. Finally he rang. Lola briefly lifted her head but didn't bother enough to really wake up at this unholy hour.

„Oh, hello, flower lady!", he greeted her with a broad smile when she opened the door. It was only then that she realized she was still wearing the flower crown.

She chuckled as he came marching in with a massive duffle bag strapped over his shoulder. „You're staying for how long exactly?"

„Let's just say I've come to realize that preparation is everything!"

She took off the flowers and put them on his head, then took the bag from him. „Gimme that, I'll take care of it, you sit down and make yourself comfy."

She had already poured him a glass of what was still left of the wine and after taking off his jacket and shoes – not the flower crown though – he sat down, watching her sitting cross-legged on the floor, his bag in her lap, opening the zipper. She looked like a child about to unwrap her Christmas presents. He didn't have to guess very hard that what he saw on the table in front of him wasn't her first glass of rosé of the night.

„So, let's see... what does Jordane Christie pack for a sleepover at his lover's place... your laptop, fair, very professional... a little bag with, I assume... toiletries? Indeed, very good, hygiene is important!", she waved a finger at him, „Shirt, jeans, pair of sneakers, socks, uuuuh, boxers, nice!", she held up his Calvin Klein undies, let them dance briefly in the air, which made him laugh, and seemed to approve, then she burst into laughter, „PJs?? Honey, you're such a sweetheart, you really believe I'd let you wear clothes in bed? Nu-huh!"

„It's worth a try", he replied with a broad grin, then she pulled a pack of condoms from his bag.

„And... I guess that means you weren't a big fan of mine?"

„Well, you know, I'm a creature of habit, and I found my brand long time ago."

She put everything back into his bag except for the condoms and joined him on the couch, reaching for her glass. „You know, baby... I trust you if you tell me you're healthy and careful. I for sure am, and I can assure you that I'm not seeing anybody else at the moment, so we don't really have to use any if you prefer."

„Are you sure? I really don't mind! I mean it's not just about the STDs, but, I mean what if... well, if you..."

„If I what, get pregnant? Honey, I'm turning 44 in a few months, it's already turning into the Sahara desert down there. If you miraculously manage to get me pregnant, that child deserves to be born because it must be part of God's plan or something. Don't worry, it hasn't happened in years, it's not going to happen now", she smiled at him, but it was unmistakably a sad smile, „Plus, we didn't use any protection under the shower this morning either, right? So, maybe we just say goodbye to these from now on. It's better for the environment anyway because, well... we surely have quite the consumption."

He blushed a little: „Right, this morning... to our defense, that did come as a bit of a surprise."
„I know, right? Us together, naked, under hot water... who would have thought THAT would happen!"

He smiled, then pulled her into his arms to kiss her, taking the condoms from her hand and throwing them over his shoulder.

***

When she woke up the next morning, she felt like wrapped in a cozy cocoon that she soon recognized to be his warm embrace. His hand lay on the back of her neck, his fingers entangled with a few strands of her hair, his other hand covered the small of her back holding her close even in their sleep. Her head rested on his chest, like the comfiest pillow, she could feel it rise and fall with his deep breath and hear his heart beating calmly in his chest.

Ever so carefully she lifted herself up and turned her head to look at him. She loved watching him sleep, she had already done so yesterday morning when she had woken up a few minutes before him. He was just so handsome, and she couldn't stop looking at him. To her surprise though, this time she didn't see his relaxed, sleeping face, but a pair of warm, brown eyes looking right back at her and a soft smile on his lips.

„You're awake!", she whispered in her even huskier morning voice.

He nodded.

„For how long?"

„I don't know... a bit. You looked so peaceful, I didn't dare to move and wake you up."

„Awww! Good morning, baby!"

She pushed herself up, positioning herself on top of his body so her face was just inches away from his, he helped her by putting his hands around her waist and pulling her towards him. Then she touched his lips with hers, very gently, feeling the soft, warm skin, feeling his breath on her cheek, tasting him, meanwhile keeping her eyes open, never stopping to look at him. They broke their kiss when both of them had to smile and chuckle softly, she gave him a tiny poke on the nose with hers and snuggled back into his arms. „So... it's Saturday, got any plans?"

He shook his head. „Nope."

„Wanna do something together?"

„I was hoping you'd ask."

She propped herself up on her elbow and looked at him. „Like what? I feel like I've dictated your entire existence for the past few days, so, why don't you decide what we do today? I'm all yours."

His eyes lit up and he smiled broadly, crossing his arms behind his head with a dramatic, lavish gesture. „Well, well, well, let me think... So first things first, someone has been telling me about her legendary pancakes for a while now and so far still has to make them for me. I think I could enjoy a nice breakfast outside in the backyard and then... I don't know. Maybe we can just stay here, take a dip in the pool, lie in the sun, just relax together, maybe do a little barbecue later. We could also go to the drive-in theater tonight and catch a movie?"

„Oh my God, all of this sounds absolutely amazing, I'm so in. I haven't done a barbecue in a while. Fun fact: did you know my name means ‚grill' in Spanish?"

„What, Lana?"

„No, Parrilla! Lana means ‚wool', actually. So in Spanish, I'm called ‚wool grill'."

„Is that so?"

She nodded.

„Poetic! Well, we might also need to hit Costco then at some point to buy something to throw on the parrilla?"

She laughed. „Yes. But for now. I heard someone demanding pancakes."

She gave him another kiss and got up, grabbed his shirt from the floor and put it on, she didn't care to put any underwear though. As she was preparing the batter downstairs in the kitchen, he joined her, wearing just the bottoms of his PJs that she had made fun of yesterday. He stepped behind her, pulled back her hair to kiss, lick and softly nibble on her neck and ear. A shiver went through her body and she gasped as he wrapped his arm around her and immediately reached underneath her shirt and between her legs.

„You know, this...", she had to swallow and catch her breath for a second, „this is a very delicate recipe that requires full focus... oh dear God..."

She had to support herself on the kitchen counter and closed her eyes indulging in his gentle touch, then her food processor stopped indicating the batter was ready to go into the pan.

Finally she could bring up enough strength to pull his hand away from her and wiggle out of his embrace to continue her task. She shot him a reproachful look and shook her head at him as she was pouring the batter into the pan, but by now he could already read her eyes well enough to be sure of one thing: she did NOT want him to stop there.

He gave her a few pancakes of head start, then he took the ladle out of her hand, grabbed her neck with one hand and put the other on her back, pulled her in and kissed her deeply and passionately. She let out a sigh that sounded both, surprised and relieved, immediately wrapped her arms around him and kissed him back. He picked her up by the waist and lifted her up to sit on the kitchen counter, she crossed her legs behind his back and pulled him closer, reaching into the front of his PJ bottoms, pulling them down to touch him. She had already forgotten all about the pancakes, and he was barely an inch away from taking her on the kitchen counter when they heard a shrill sound piercing the air, the ring of the doorbell.

Both of them froze instantly and stared at each other almost in panic, breathing heavily. For a few moments, it was silent, except for the sizzling pan right next to them, then it rang again.

He finally caught his breath enough to speak first: „Are you expecting anyone?"

She shook her head. „No! I don't know who that could..."

Then she heard a very familiar voice with a British accent yelling from outside, almost as shrill as the doorbell before: „Good day, Your Majesty! Are you home at this noble estate of yours? 'Tis your true love, tragically deceased, and half sister here, humbly requesting an audience."

Lana's eyes widened and all color drained from her face.

„Oh my God", she whispered in horror, „Saturday brunch!!"

She had completely forgotten...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 343 60
Sequel to "We're going to need more than five minutes" that starts pretty much right after. While filming the second season of "Why Women Kill", Lana...
45K 1.6K 24
Regina has finally moved in with Robin Hood. Well, he moved in with her. With Roland and Henry, her life seems perfect. Not to mention sleeping next...
357K 6.6K 50
Silence. "HUH?" He laughs aiming the gun at my head. "Does this scare you, babe," he yells with anger. My heart was beating so fast it felt like I wa...
226K 13K 60
"A single night can change the course of your entire life." . . . [Yandere Prince x Female Reader] Once upon a time, in the tiny kingdom of Vascini...