Never have I ever... had a su...

By Kitten_Kraze

A short story about a young woman who hasn't been in a relationship for more than a decade now. I hope you wi... More

Never Have I Ever...

69 7 11
By Kitten_Kraze

I nodded along to what Mrs. Brown-Goodwin was saying, listening intently and jotting down some notes whenever she said something key. She wanted tonight to be perfect and it was understandable - a tenth marriage anniversary was something that not everyone could achieve, especially someone with her job.

"...so, the flowers cannot be red, but they can't be yellow either, meaning, you should get something like blue, purple or green," she rambled on and on.

"Jessica, I don't think there are any green flowers," I said, thinking back to all my encounters with flowers.

"Oh yeah, you're right. Okay, so we can try blue," she said with a sheepish smile, a worried sigh escaping her lips.

Shaking my head in amusement, I stood up then walked over to her, making her stand up and forcefully pushing her out of the office.

"Go home, Jess! Enjoy your anniversary! I've got everything under control," I ordered her, though she was my boss.

"But-"

"No, buts, just go!" I said, reprimanding her like a child. I sternly pointed at the elevator and with a sigh she nodded and left. Finally! That woman never stopped worrying when it came to things like this.

With her gone, I started to order white flowers since I knew Mr. Goodwin-Brown didn't like overly colourful things, then I double checked their reservation for the expensive Italian restaurant that he loved but barely had since, and I quote, it was way too expensive when all they serve you is a tiny appetizer, a barely filling entrée and a way too sweet dessert. Those were Mrs. Goodwin's words. That woman loved food.

I've always envied Jessica, I loved how she didn't care what others thought of her or her slightly overweight body, I adored how generous she was and most of all, I envy her relationship with her husband. They love each other so much and he never complains that her company keeps her away from him for most hours of the day, neither does he whine and pout when reporters ask him what it's like to have her as a wife, when really the question should be directed to Jess about having such a spectacular man for a husband. I also love the love that they share- it's sweet and oh so romantic.

I wish I had someone to love me the way Paul, Mr. Goodwin-Brown, loved Jessica, Mrs. Brown-Goodwin. I'm almost thirty and my last boyfriend was more than a decade ago, how pathetic is that? The worst part is, my ex didn't even break my heart, making me swear off men, no, in fact he loved me and treated me like a queen, but I didn't feel the same way so I broke things off. I decided to work on my grades, attend university and find an amazing job.

Sighing, I put off the topic of love and finished off my remaining work. Tomorrow would probably be my last day working this summer because the sweet couple had a tendency to go for a month-long cruise during the summer to keep the romance alive.

Before I could start gushing over my boss' relationship with her husband when they weren't even here, I felt my phone buzz in my jeans pocket. Since I was almost done with my work, I unlocked my phone with my fingerprint, then saw the text from my best friend, Penny.

Penny:
Hey, girl! You busy?

Me:
Not really, why?

Penny:
Well, our boss let us off work early so that we
could find our stories. He thinks that as of lately,
we've been lacking exciting stories and thinks a few
weeks off work will help us find our stories.
Anyway, want to grab lunch?

I read over Penny's message and I almost burst out laughing. I knew Mr. Kyle was unique, but not enough to let everyone off of work because their stories were boring. It's better to have boring stories get posted than none at all.

Me:
So, now that everyone is off,
who will write the stories and
keep his company running?

Penny:
Oh, I wonder who? 😅

Penny:
Alright, so he only gave me two weeks off
to find my story. I mean seriously, can I sue him for
picking on me alone? There are tons
of boring reporters in the other departments!

Me:
Don't worry, in a week you'll have found
your story and will be writing incredible
stories the public hasn't read anywhere else,
okay? Now, where should we meet?

Penny:
MacDonald's?

Me:
Okay then, Z&C's Diner it is!

Penny:
😤
Why'd you ask in the first place?

Me:
I thought that maybe you'd suggest somewhere sensible!

Penny:
Hey, there's nothing unsensible about MacDonald's!

Me:
Yeah, sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Me:
Oh, and for a writer, you've got
really bad grammar. Unsensible?

Penny:
Just meet me there in ten! 🤬

Switching off my phone, I couldn't help but chuckle. I could imagine Penny scowling at her phone right now. Teasing her was my favourite pastime, and I, hers.

I packed up my things, then started making my way out of the company building and to Z&C's Diner, the perfect place to have lunch, brunch and dinner, with non-fatty food and no drunk perverts.

About ten minutes later, I'd arrived and was searching for Penny's head of red hair. I saw her in the corner booth, smiling widely at her phone - her boyfriend, no doubt.

"Hey, Pen!" I greeted, making her startle and almost drop her phone.

I raised an eyebrow at her as she hid her hands, whilst placing her phone in her pocket. What was up with her?

"Why are you acting so weird?" I quizzed.

"W-what? I am so not!" she denied immediately, her cheeks lighting ablaze.

"Alright, spill!" I demanded.

"Okay, so on my way here, I saw this really happy couple and I was talking to Jake about it and he agreed with what I'd said about them in reference to you," she started hesitantly.

"What?" I said, scrunching my brows.

"So, I remembered them from our college days. You didn't know them since you always had your nose in marketing book. Anyway, I asked how things were and they said that the dating site they used was the best thing that ever happened to them," Penny said.

My eyes widened, "Dating site?"

A guilty expression then overtook her features as she said, "I may or may not have signed you up for the same dating site they did."

"Penny!" I whined, covering my face with my hands. I was humiliated; my best friend felt the need to put my contact information and pictures on a public dating site where axe murderers could be living and perverts could be getting off to my picture.

"I'm sorry, okay, but Avery, how long has it been since you've been laid? Ten, twelve years?" Penny said.

I sighed. She was right. It had been so long since I'd been in a relationship that I didn't even remember what it was like.

"Don't worry, I know you aren't looking for anything serious right now, so I put exactly that in your profile. Here, look," she said, handing me her phone.

"Single; in a bomb ass job," I read, then looked at her with a questioning brow.

"What? You are!"

"Looking for a good time and nothing serious?" I gaped, "You make me sound like a sex-deprived thirty-eight-year-old woman!"

"You are a sex deprived woman, the only difference is, you're twenty-eight," Penny said with a shrug.

Once I had finished reading the embarrassing profile, I threw Penny her phone.

"I hate you Penelope Woods!" I said with a glare.

Her phone suddenly chimed, as if on cue, "You won't anymore! Look, you got messages from three guys already."

Before taking her phone, I said, "I swear, if I see pictures of naked men, I'm going to kill you and take your phone as well!" I warned.

With that, I snatched her phone and started to see what I had. The first man had sent a way too inappropriate message, the second one was a fifty-year-old man, from his profile and had sent a simple text saying: Hey. I didn't want to be in a relationship with someone almost twice my age. The third man however, was certainly hot.

"Ooh, someone catch your eye?" Penny asked.

"Shut up!"

Tyler Morrison:
Hi, I'm Tyler. If you don't mind me asking,
where are you right now?

I found he question strange, but because he had a really pretty face, I decided to tell him.

Avery Hilton (Me):
At Z&C's Diner, why?

Tyler Morrison:
I'm kind of embarrassed to be on this dating site already,
so I don't want to be tricked into online dating an old man.
Can you place an item from Z&C's next to you and send a pic?

I smiled, I had the same fear of being catfished, so I quickly took a salt shaker and sent him a picture of me.

Tyler Morrison:
You're pretty.

Me:
You're not so bad yourself.

With that, Tyler and I started talking and Penny had taken my phone to play Minion Rush. We ordered our food and I was still talking to Tyler. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.
------------

"I can't believe you're going on a date! I feel like a proud mama right now!" Penny gushed, little tears making their way down her cheeks. Damn, why didn't she become an actress?

"Oh, shut up. Help me with my hair, will you?" I said, blushing furiously.

Tyler and I had been talking for a few days now and since we both weren't going to work, I figured why not finally meet in person, right? So, Tyler Morrison was a surgeon at his own Private Practise, Morrison Private Hospital. He was thirty, two years older than me and just like me, he wasn't looking for anything serious at the time being. We share similar interests and so far, things have been great between us.

Tonight, was going to be our first human interaction and I'm a bit nervous. What if we were better talking technologically than we are physically? I am hoping and praying that we're not because Tyler is really everything I've ever wanted in a man. Seriously, I cannot begon to explain how handsome he is. That firm jaw, those beautiful hazel eyes and such rich golden-brown skin. I mean, wow! I may have said I'm not open to anything serious a few days ago, but with a personality and looks like his, I can see myself committing to him.

"Alright, so be back early tonight, or tomorrow morning if things go well," Penny said.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, mum. Should I also stay away from alcohol and sketchy looking guys?"

"Oh, shut up. Just be careful. And use protection! I'm too young to be an auntie," Penny warned as she shut the door behind me.

Chuckling, I made my way to the restaurant that Tyler and I would meet at in about fifteen minutes. I jumped into my Mercedes, then started driving there with a smile on my face.
Upon arrival, a valet opened my door for me and I handed him my car keys. Wow, fancy! I gracefully walked towards the restaurant's entrance and after stating Tyler and I's reserved table, I was escorted inside a gorgeous dim-lit area.

My eyes spotted Tyler almost immediately and I felt my mouth watering at the sight of him. He was dressed in a sharp black suit, with no tie and a few top buttons popped open. When my eyes went back to his eyes, I saw him studying me as well and when our eyes locked, my breath hitched as lightening seemed to run through my veins.

"Hi," I breathed out.

"Hey, he said with a smile.

After what seemed like forever, we sat down and ordered some wine.

"You're even more beautiful in person," he whispered, "You look amazing, Avery and that dress makes your blue eyes pop out beautifully"

At his words, I blushed immensely. He sure was a sweet talker.

-----------

We stumbled into Tyler's apartment, lips furiously kissing, hands ripping apart clothing until skin was in contact with skin. Tyler then moved on to kiss my neck and he left hickeys as he did so. Moans left my lips with everything he did and I felt as if my body was on fire.

Oh, I could definitely get used to this!

After a night of bliss, Tyler and I lay naked under the sheets in his king-sized bed. His fingers were tracing unrecognisable shapes all over my body and my head was on his muscular chest.

"Ty?" I called softly, looking up to see him staring down at me.

"Yeah?"

"We're not dating, right?" I asked.

"No, I guess not," Tyler responded.

"So, how exactly will this work?" I asked. Although we weren't in a serious relationship or anything, I had expectations and I felt he did too.

"Well, I had a few rules that I wanted to set, but you can do so too," Tyler started, "I'd appreciate it if you didn't sleep with anyone apart from me and if you do, please keep that to yourself."

"I wanted to ask the same from you. My other rule was to always make sure that you're clean. I know that I am and I trust that you are as well," I said.

"Okay, that's understandable. I'd also like that we meet up for other things apart from sex. As much as it was great, it'd be nice to have conversations that didn't end up in the sheets," Tyler continued to say.

"Me too. I like talking to you," I said, whispering the last place.

"I guess that's all, unless you'd like to add anything else?" he asked.

"Actually, there's something else," I said.

"Yes?"

I let out a sigh, embarrassed for what I was about to say, "What exactly are we? I mean, we're not a couple and we can't go around saying we're friends with benefits, so what can we say we are?"

"Well, we can call this a summer fling. We'll figure it out later," Tyler said and I smiled.

"Do you have anywhere you have to be tomorrow?" Tyler suddenly asked.

"No why?" I asked, slightly baffled.

"No reason," Tyler answered, then flipped us over so he was on top.

Once again, my body was lit on fire and Tyler led me to bliss for hours and hours. It was then that I realised that this was going to be the best summer ever because this was the first that I'd spend with my summer fling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 103K 197
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
2.7M 60.9K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...
22.4M 787K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
226M 6.9M 92
Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ...