Luckless

By lovey12321

Meg Forester is your average teenage girl, except for the fact that she's in love with the guy that is dating... More

Notice
Prolougue
Chapter 1: Thanks, Mr. Lamp
Chapter 2: Sticky Situations
Chapter 3: Meet Doctor Obvious
Chapter 4: Open Book
Chapter 5: Back to School
Chapter 6: Family Brawl
Chapter 8: Crazy Stupid Drama
Chapter 9: Queen of Drama

Chapter 7: The Never Ending Cliche

47 3 0
By lovey12321

The cabin had some sort of musky smell, yet it wasn't unpleasant. Everything in the cabin, from the dark mahogany hue of the wooden walls, to the faint touches of color and spring brought about by the furniture fabrics, reminded me of a little quaint cottage found on the countryside. I felt almost at home in this little cabin. Yet it also reminded me of those getaway scenes in the movies. That is what our father said it was. A safe haven.

My life is almost this never ending cliche. I have the evil grandmother, well, usually it's the step-mother, but it's the same idea. Then there is us - the good guys - trying to save someone, or rather something. We were trying to save our family. I can only hope that it follows the most cliche part of any story: the good guys prevail. This was going to be our hideout, like our own bat-cave in Gotham City, our own ABC Cafe in the French Revolution. Maybe I was making too big a deal about this. We're talking about my grandmother here, not a whole army, or a creepy dude who wears too much makeup, has creepy scars, and not to mention kills people in any disturbing way possible. My grandmothers no Joker, but they do both wear an outrageous amount of makeup.

"Megan, can you please just tell me what is going on?" Mace whined.

"Mace, sit down. Okay so where do I begin?" I pondered. My fingers were tapping on the table as I thought. Tap, tap, tap. I felt pain in my fingers. I saw Mason's hand retreating, and his expression one of utter annoyance.

"Meg,  just tell me what the hell is going on!" Mace bellowed.

I let out a deep sigh.

"Okay, I can do this, I can do this," I muttered under my breath.

"Meg, really?"

"GrandmotherpracticallyhatesmebecauseIremindherofourfatherandshewantedtogetridofhimsothatwecouldneverseehimagain." I rushed out.

"Pardon?"

"So, Grandmother hates me and our father, but she hates me because I remind her of our father. And she tried to get rid of him because she thought he wasn't good enough for the Forester family," I explained, twiddling my thumbs.

Mason looked at me incredulously for a second. Then, for some reason, he started laughing. Laughing!

"Honestly, that's good Meg. You sure got me, ha, Grandma? Grandma hating someone? You're funny Meg!"

"What?" I inquired, positively confused. He thought I was kidding? He looked at my expression and sobered up.

"Please tell me you aren't serious. Did he brainwash you or something?" He pointed toward out father, using an accusatory tone as he spoke.

"No, but if you don't remember the past correctly, I'll have to enlighten you. Why is it that we spent all our time in the trailer parks?"

"Because he ditched us, and we had no where to go!" he yelled. I kept my cool.

"Don't you think that if Grandmother really cared about us, she would have rescued us from the get-go because she is powerful like that?"

"Well, I - uh..."

"And what about all the times you and Erin, and Max, and Jacob, and practically everyone else in the family got presents for Christmas, what did I get?"

"She must have given you something. I don't remember what it was..."

"What about our birthday party? What did the sign say?" I questioned, folding my arms. He started to realize. He put a hand over his mouth.

"'Happy Birthday Mason', and then on the side it said 'and Megan'"

"See?"

"Well, it doesn't explain anything else. Like why would she be that mean to you?"

"Because out of all the grandchildren, I remind her mostly of the drastic mistake her daughter made,"

"Why not me?"

"Because you look like a Forester, and I look like a-"

"Morel, you look like a Morel." my father finished.

"So our last name is really Morel?"

"Yes, technically. Though you two are considered Foresters, so don't use it."

"Aye, aye, captain," Mason muttered underneath his breath. I could tell, even though the fancy sports car had helped a little bit, that there was still some tension between Mason and our father. I mean how could there not be? He had ditched us, and though it was justified, it could never bring back all the years of hurting. All the missed out years of having a father. Someone to play ball with, someone to talk to about relationships, someone who would be overprotective, someone to listen.

I could never get those years back. I just couldn't, and neither could Mason. He had taken the worst hit of all, because he had no one to emulate. No fatherly figure, just a mother. That was until Charlie came along, but those years without a dad had done their damage.

"Okay, well. Do you guys want some food? I have some snacks in the fridge, and some leftover of my world famous pancakes."

"Uh, no thanks." I said. Mason just nodded his head 'no'.

"Well, suit yourselves."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Mason questioned.

"And ruin the idea of this great Grandmother for you? If you really wanted to know, she was rather obvious about it."

"True, but it's so hard to believe that a person who you love could do this to you."

"I never loved her though," 

"Megan!" he yelled at me.

"What? She's evil."

"Still, you shouldn't say that. Sorry, I'm still adjusting to the idea that she is 'evil'"

The way he said evil had us both bursting out in laughter. He made it sound like Grandmother was a sadistic vampire or something, and though she was ruthless and vile, it still made us laugh. I guess it was one of those twin things.

"What did I miss?" said our father.

"Oh, nothing."

"Didn't sound like 'nothing'. Let's address the elephant in the closet or room or whatever the phrase is," he took a deep breath and started twiddling his thumbs, the same way I did when I got nervous.

"I just want both of you to know that I love you two very much, and if it was my decision, then I would have been with you through your whole childhood. It isn't easy, missing baby-steps, first words, first birthdays. I missed all of them, and I want you guys to be able to forgive me for that. For leaving you."

"Thanks," Mason said, awkwardly.

"Well, I'd better get you two back to school,"

"Okay."

We hopped in the car and started driving back to school. We came to the school gates, and I sighed.

"So when can we go back to the cabin again?" I asked him.

"I suppose anytime you want, here's my number,"

He took out a piece of paper and wrote it down,

"Be careful, you two." He warned.

"We will be," Mason scowled. 

We walked into the lunchroom, where all of our friends were sitting. Anna looked at us concerned, Allie was smirking, Nick was confused, and Aaron and Connor looked positively pissed. It was almost like they were the same entity.

"Care to explain where you two ran off to?" Allie inquired. My brother looked a little uncomfortable. Weird.

"We went out, for a brother sister type of thing,"

"Well, it wasn't just a brother, sister, type of thing because we saw a guy with you, so,"

"You didn't tell them?" I asked Anna.

"It wasn't my place to," she smiled.

"What? That you entered into a car with a kind of hot in a middle-aged type of hot guy and stuff?" Nick glared at her.

"Did you seriously just say what I thought you said?" Nick said.

"Oh, so now I'm not allowed to call other guys, like that fine man, hot?" Allie bit back.

"Gross, guys that's my father," I clarified. It was silent after that. Connor relaxed, looking at Anna sheepishly. Aaron smiled brightly, looking relieved.

"Awkward Moments with Allie," Allie sang, still looking chipper, trying to break the silence.

Nick got up and walked away. Allie just sat there, unfazed.

"Allie, what the hell?" Connor yelled at her.

"What?"

"Your boyfriend's upset - go talk to him!" Anna urged her.

"Al, if you really love him, go after him and apologize." I encouraged her.

"And if I don't?" she inquired.

"Then break up with him. Nick's a good guy. Please don't lead him on."

"Okay, will do,"

"Wow. It ends just like that?" Mace bit out, sarcastically. He looked at her angrily, his blue eyes cold. She flinched.

"Yeah, just like that," she whispered and walked out after Nick.

"What's going on between the two of you?" I whispered to Mason.

"Nothing,"

"I thought we were past secrets,"

"This is different,"

"No its not, but we'll discuss this when we get home,"

"Okay, whatever," he shrugged. I turned back to the rest of the table.

Aaron scooted over to my side.

"What's up? I feel like every time we see each other, we are interrupted by something or someone else,"

"Too true." I said breathlessly. The effect this boy has on me.

"What do you say, we go out later and have some time just for the two of us?" He asked, taking my hand in his.

"Kind of like a date?" I smirked, masking all the nerves that threatened to spill over.

"Yeah, sure," he winked. I tried not to be fazed over the fact that I probably wasn't good enough for this guy, but he liked me for some weird reason, and I didn't know what to do. He deserved someone like Erin, not someone like me. Grandmother, why the hell did you make me feel this way?

"Earth to Megan!" Aaron waved his fingers in front of my eyes.

"What? Sorry!"

"The bell rang. Ten minutes ago."

"Shi-take mushrooms," I almost cursed. He just laughed.

"You're too funny, Forester."

"Morel, my last name is Morel,"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. So I posted this chapter and I hope you like it. It's been a while, but I'm going to try as hard as I can. If I had all the time I wanted to write stories, I'd probably even be done with this book, but I can't because I have my priorities set, and I hope you guys understand.

Thanks so much for your constant support.

Peace out homedog! O.o

P.S. this chapter is dedicated to countrygirlswag because they were my one of my first fans, and I really appreciate the fact that they fanned me. So yeah. Thanks guys, you're awesome.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 686 15
❝I'm going to pretend I don't care just so that I don't have to go through the pain again.❞ Megan's had her fair share of boyfriends, but she's eithe...
39.4K 865 38
I am 100% sure that YOU have wondered at least once in your lifetime, what could've happened if your life played out like a cliché high-school movie...
436 25 26
THIS STORY IS COMPLETE! Ella a normal day to day teenage high school girl, gets to start fresh in the new and lovely country Evergreen. However when...
4.4K 349 35
Girl. Framed for murder. Comes home 2 years later. Meets potential friends (or not). Revelations. Endings. Beginnings. :) Highest ranked: #20 in Mys...