Strength to Find Her Way

By EBZachary

Quinn is a werewolf living in the Diamond Crescent pack. Being the head pack warrior's daughter, she is phys... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Epilogue

Chapter 55

14.1K 435 70
By EBZachary

Chapter 55

Quinn POV

When I first saw Liam, I wanted to tackle him and kiss him all over but I'm just so confused. My emotions are all over the place. He disrespected me and didn't trust me but the mate pull is making everything all twisted in my mind.

He was right. We do need to talk but I know I need more time to think about things. I thought I had it all together when I came back to the pack house but once I saw him, I wasn't so sure anymore. I don't want to drag this out any longer. I need to make a decision today. I'm either accepting Liam as my mate or I need to find a new pack. Today is the day.

I walked up the stairs to my room and I could tell Liam wasn't too far behind me. Once I'd entered my room, Suze was all over me.

"There you are!" she shouted. "Time to get ready!"

I'd already forgotten about the party. I wasn't in much of a mood to go out but I told myself I'd embrace my senior year. This was supposed to be a fun night.

"Okay," I agreed. "I'm just going to jump in the shower first, then I'll come back. Want to get ready in your room this time?"

"Sounds good, Quinny. I'll meet you over there in ten minutes or so!"

"Make it fifteen," I called after her.

She turned around with a questioning glance.

"Gotta shave these sasquatch legs," I joked, lifting up my leg.

"Oh my goddess, you're a beast, I swear!" With that, she was out my room and I was alone to relax for a bit.

I feel like today has been such an emotional rollercoaster. I was happy and at peace when I woke up in Liam's arms this morning. Then I was angry once I saw the marks he'd left on me. During the shopping trip with Suze I calmed down a bit. Then finding out what happened with Liam when I returned home brought up so many strong emotions that it threw me off again. And now I'm supposed to be happy and excited for this party. I just need a break.

Exactly fifteen minutes later, I knocked on Suze's door. I'd learned after last time to always knock now. You never know when Ethan is around.

"Come in!" Suze called from inside.

I entered the room and shut the door behind me. Suze was over on the other side of the room with her face practically pressed to the mirror. She was carefully plucking a few rogue eyebrow hairs.

"Let's do your hair first," she said, still looking in the mirror. "Sit down in that chair," she gestured towards the chair on her left with her foot. "I'm thinking sexy beach waves for you."

"Suze," I complained. "You know nothing stays in my hair. The curls will be out five minutes after we arrive at the party."

"Quinn my dear, all that really matters is the entrance. No one will notice your curls have fallen out. All they're going to remember is how hot you looked when you got there. It won't hurt for Liam to see you looking sexy either." The last part she mumbled under her breath but I'm sure she knew I could hear.

I sighed. Just one more thing to worry about.

Suze and I got ready simultaneously. We played loud music and scream sang along to the lyrics. She did my hair but let me put on most of my own makeup. She insisted on doing my eyeliner and touching up my eyeshadow to make it look 'sexier'. I really was starting to cheer up again.

My dress was skin tight and I was starting to worry about what Liam's reaction would be to seeing me in so little clothes on my way to a party.

"Suze," I started. "How do you think Ethan will react to you wearing that dress to a party?"

Suze pondered for a moment. "I hadn't really thought of that yet. I know he'll want to jump my bones when he sees me but I figure he'll be okay. I am marked after all," she said, brushing her hair to the side to reveal the mark of the royal beta just above her collarbone.

I wasn't so sure Suze had thought this through fully. That was her problem, not mine though. Who knows? Liam might not even see me before we leave. He could still be upset and need time to himself. The thought made me sad but I understood. I took the whole day to myself technically and in doing that, I made him worry unnecessarily for me.

Suze and I slipped on our heels and each took a once over in the mirror. Suze fluffed my hair a bit and I straightened out her dress for her.

"Perfect," we said at the same time and then giggled.

"Let's go have some fun!" Suze shouted before grabbing my hand and leading me out of her room.

As soon as we stepped into the hallway, I knew Liam was nearby. He had just reached the top of the stairs when he looked in our direction. His face turned stony immediately. His eyes dragged from my face to my feet and back up again, caressing every inch of my body as he went.

"What in goddess' name do you think you're doing going anywhere dressed like that?" he said with a sharp edge to his voice.

I could tell he was just about ready to blow up. I sucked in a breath, trying to think of how to respond.

Suze beat me to it though. "A party. Unfortunately it's for seniors only." She started walking again and tried to pull me past Liam but he stuck his arm out stopping me.

"Quinn," he said, sounding a bit pained. "Why are you doing this? I can't stand the idea of you going out to flaunt your body like this to other wolves. Unmated wolves! Are you doing this to punish me? Because it's working. My wolf is going insane right now."

He took his arm and wrapped it around my waist, pulling me from Suze's grasp. He pressed me up against the wall and leaned his hips into me. All thought left my body in that moment as I felt all of him against me. He leaned his head into the crook of my neck and sniffed my scent furiously.

"You can't leave me," he growled in my ear. "Don't you want me, want this?" he asked while grinding his hips against me.

This sent shockwaves down my spine and they all ended in my groin. I was starting to lose all coherent thought.

"Do you want one of those pups when you could have me, the prince?" he spat. "I'm everything you could ever dream of, baby. Just say the word and I'm yours."

I was putty in his hands but I wasn't going to let him know that. This wasn't like Liam. Not the Liam I knew. I stood stock still and tried not to show any emotion on my face. Liam turned his attention and saw that his words had no visible effect on me. His mood shifted quickly.

"What are you doing to me?" he whispered. "Please don't leave me."

He was pleading now. I guess his emotions are all over the place too.

"Liam," I started but I didn't know what to say. I wasn't ready for this yet. "I have to go."

He looked at me like I'd just ripped his heart from his chest and stomped on it. His eyes lingered on mine for a moment longer, searching for my intentions but found nothing. Even I didn't know what I was doing.

He closed his eyes tightly and within a second, he was gone. I heard the door shut to his room and I was left there panting.

"Maybe I don't want to run into Ethan..." Suze thought aloud.

"You okay, Quinny?" she asked, a touch of concern lingering in her voice.

I nodded. I didn't have words just yet.

"You sure?" she asked. "We don't have to go to the party if you aren't up for it."

"No," I said though my voice sounded hoarse. "Let's go. I need a drink."

We arrived at the party twenty minutes later. Charlie offered to drive us. It's hard for werewolves to get drunk because our body temperatures are so high that it burns off the alcohol quickly but it was better to be safe. The party was being held in the renovated barn of one of the humans in our class. Apparently there were parties here all the time. I just didn't go to any before now.

This surely looked like the place to be. Loud music was pouring out the open door where someone had just entered and I could see lights streaming around the room. I took a deep breath, grabbed Suze's hand, and made my way towards the door. Let's do this.

The party was in full swing. I made a beeline straight for the makeshift bar in the corner and grabbed the strongest thing I could find.

"Tequila, Quinn? Really?" Suze scolded.

I tipped my head back, downing a few shots worth of the liquor before pushing the bottle in her direction. My insides felt warm as it burned down my throat. Suze took a swig and then handed it back to me. I took another few gulps and waited for it to give me some sort of effect. If I drank enough of the tequila fast enough, I could at least get a bit of a buzz. That was all I needed right now. Instead of returning the bottle to the bar, I dropped it to my side, holding it by the neck.

"Let's dance," I smirked, wiggling my hips in Suze's direction.

Suze sighed, "Just don't make me take care of your drunk ass all night. I'm here to have fun too."

I took another long swig from the bottle that was now a quarter empty. "Don't worry about me, Suzie. I'm going to be just fine."

What I didn't see as we walked onto the dance floor was that all eyes were on us. It seemed we'd caught the attention of most of the males in the room. Maybe coming here wasn't such a good idea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645K 21.4K 37
*** I have published the first part of the rewrite, it is on my profile. Please give it a read unless you want to read this version...which is trash...
1.3M 70.4K 33
Highest ranking: #23 in Werewolf "I LOVE IT." -@lottiee_x "This story is so unbelievably amazing!" -@NovemberRain16 "I have become obsessed with this...
181K 1.8K 11
•Completed• Disclaimer; Only FIVE chapters AVAILABLE. FOLLOW my story on 'FICFUN', If you want to know what HAPPENS NEXT. •Top position; 3rd in Writi...
2.3M 67.3K 51
Amelia Davis is 20 and she's apart of the Moonlight pack. She has already shifted and she hasn't found her mate yet. This doesn't worry her because s...