A Problem Humming in the Air

By Daze_Creates101

Izuku has been feeling under the weather, he and his friends chopped it down to his late night training sessi... More

Chapter 1: Pain and Peculiar hands
Chapter 2: Back pains and Panic
Chapter 3: No touchy!
Chapter 4: Baths, apologies and hugs
Chapter 5: Restlessness and Anger
Chapter 6: Dadzawa steps in
Chapter 7: Discussions and Screams
Chapter 9: News, panic and speculations
AAAAAAAA

Chapter 8: Wings and breakdowns

199 5 5
By Daze_Creates101

Before I start this crazy chapter I'd just like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 200 READS!!! SO MANY CAME SO QUICKLY ITS CRAZY QWQ <3 <3 <3

Also this ones gonna be a long one so hang on tight!!

Anywho, onward with the chapter!! Green bean is back!

Izuku's pov:

This morning did not start out good. I woke up from an awful dream that made me jerk myself out of bed, panting and shaking in fear. But all my worries of the dream went away as soon as I jerked myself up. Pain shot through my body, so much worse than ever... The good ol' headache came back, pounding at my head like a jackhammer was in my skull. My forearms and ankles itch like never before, so much it actually hurts; now that I've never experienced before. The worst pains though were in my chest and my back. My chest felt like it was being ripped from the inside out, the insides pulling at each other and tearing. And my back.. Pain pulsed through my back and spine, it wasn't anything I've felt before. It was as if my back was being torn and scratched from the inside, and shoving at my skin.

"Aaaaa!-" I quickly shove my hand to my mouth, preventing any further sound from coming, I don't want anyone to hear me. My body shakes, pain follows after every shake, but I couldn't help it. My talons dig into my side, trying to redirect the feeling, but nothing works. I feel as tears start forming in my eyes, and finally pouring down my face, thick and hot drops fall to the blanket. I remove my hand from my mouth, biting my lip to hold in any noises as my arms wrap around my waist. A whimper leaves my mouth, they almost sound like distressed tweets. I just sit there, stewing in the pain, begging for it to go away.

After what felt like forever, the pain finally goes down. My shoulders slump in relief as it gets good enough for me to move again. I breathe heavily, tears still very prevalent. If someone came in right now, they'd definitely be worried.I don't want to see anyone today, and even if I did I doubt I could. I don't want anyone to worry, I don't want anyone to get hurt, I don't want anyone to know, I DON'T WANT TO HURT THEM!! I DON'T WANT HER TO GET THEM T- "AAA!- mffmmm..." Another wave of pain shoots through me, I slap my hand over my mouth again, muffling the noise. I breathe slowly, this anxiety must make it worse. Great. I focus on my breathing, taking slow and deep breaths. Soon, it lessens again. I sigh, thank god. There's too much on my mind right now, I need to relax..... This is kinda hard.

I look around in my room, trying to find any distractions. My eyes land on the bathroom. T-the bath made me completely relax the other day, right.? Maybe it'll work again. I slowly get up, trying not to aggravate my body any further. Hopefully this helps.

~Time skip~

I lay in the tub, filled to the brim with the heavenly warm water. Though the water was basically scolding when I went in, it did wonders for my muscles. I don't know when a purr-like noise started coming out of my throat, but I don't care, this feels too good. A trill leaves my mouth as I sink deeper into the water, bubbles leaving my mouth as I do so. Well, at least I know what I can do to relax whenever I need to. Of course, not all good things last, as my back starts to get uncomfortable from the hard marble of the tub. How long have I been in here? I sigh as I pull myself gently up, feeling the cooler air as I do so, a chill flows through me as I shiver. I grab a fluffy towel and wrap it around my shoulders, pulling it close to me. I leave the tub and drain the water, then leave the room, I need some new clothes. I dry my hair, rubbing the towel through my curls and I shake the water out. I stop soon after due to some small sharp pains in my scalp. I just put on some boxers and shorts, as I want to inspect my back and chest after. I look down at myself, satisfied at my minimal outfit, and walk back into the bathroom and go to the mirror.

I take a good look at myself before I turn around. My eyes had an eerie glow to them, my pupils slitted. My skin looks very pale, either from the pain and fever or the fact I haven't gone outside in days, I'm not sure. My hair, now semi dry, was disheveled and hanging down a bit; some tufts looked odd to me, but I pay it no mind. I twist my body, trying my best to keep my head looking at the mirror as I show my back to the one way glass. My back is littered with green feathers, they travelled up to my shoulders and even covered the area between the space between my shoulder and neck, and down my spine, getting more sparse as they went down. My back looked swollen, especially near where my shoulder blades were. It looked mangled.

I sigh heavily. I need to find a way. It's been so hard but... There has to be a way to fix this.

'Knock knock' OH GOD!! My body flinched violently at the sudden sound. A muffled voice can be heard through the door. "Midoriya, It's Aizawa. I would like to speak to you." Aizawa-Sensei... Oh god did my friends get him involved?? Or is he just checking on me. Is he wanting to discuss how many classes I missed? I stay still, making sure my breathing is as quiet as it can. I really don't want to talk to anyone right now.. "Midoriya?" He calls out. I don't know why, but I slowly start walking towards the door, keeping my feet as light as I can to avoid making any sound. My foot comes in contact with a shirt on the floor and I slip, my foot balances in the air as I try to keep myself up. I put my foot down, skidding a bit. Crap. "Midoriya. This is important, may you open the door please?" My heart is beating, I really don't want to talk to him right now, he'll know something's up. Aizawa-Sensei is an extremely observant man, something I think he picked up from his job as an underground hero. He's been with us long enough to notice when somethings off with us. I take a deep breath, maybe if I can just talk through the door.? I'll just see what he wants. I walk to the door, opening it ever so slightly, making sure he can just see my face. I look up, he looks tired today. His eyes move slightly, from a small surprise back to his neutral expression. "H-hi Aizawa Sensei, sorry I-I took so long to come, I had some t-things to take care of first." Great. Good on stuttering Izuku, he's not suspicious now. "May I come in?" NO! This is my area, it's my safe space, he can't come into my nest!!... what am I thinking..? This isn't a nest! "N-no! Uh, my room is quite a mess right now. I wouldn't want you to be in here right now." I try my best to hide my fear behind a smile. "Okay. Then can you come out? No ones here to overhear us." "I-I can't, I'm not dressed properly." "Then get dressed." Gosh darn it he's persistent.. This isn't a simple are you feeling better talk. "Oh, okay." I close the door, and start looking at the floor.

What was that thought.? No time to think about it right now, I need to get this over with. I walk to my dresser, I grab a big hoodie, putting it on and pulling the hood over my head. I grab my gloves and slide them on my hands, making sure they cover up my talons. I walk back and open the door, just enough for me to slip through, I don't want him to see the mess. He looks me up and down, a confused glimmer shines in his eyes. I sigh eternally, an excuse forms in my mind. "Uh. I've just been feeling very cold today, the sickness is still not completely gone yet." I chuckle to try and lighten the mood that is already starting to feel thick. "Uh huh... Well, I wanted to talk to you about something important." Oh crap it's about the classes isn't it. "Is it about the classes I've been missing? Because I can make it up to you, I'm just waiting for the cold to go away completely, I don't want anyone to get sick-"

"Kid." I flinched. "That's not why I came to speak to you. I wanted to ask, are you okay? I've been hearing from your classmates that you've been acting weird as of late, has something been happening recently?" Why... Why did he have to ask that. Of course so much has been happening recently. I think I'm slowly turning into a bird for pete's sake!! But he can't know, no one can know. I won't let them get hurt!! "No, nothing has been happening recently, I've just been sick. I know I've been more moody lately, but that's just me being upset from having to stay in bed all day. I love my classes and don't want to miss them." I rub the back of my head, forcing myself to smile to try and get Aizawa-Sensei to stop questioning me. "Midoriya." My body flinches from his tone. "I want to help out, and I can't help if you lie to me." I don't want to involve you... "I.. I told you, nothings wrong." He sags a bit, a sigh escaping him. I know I've disappointed him. But I can't say anything. I'm sorry Sensei.... "Midoriya. You know you can trust me, right? I won't hurt you." I know... "Y-yea, I trust you." "I know something's wrong, no offence Problem Child but you're easy to read. Me and your peers are getting worried. You can trust me with whatever is wrong."

Can I really trust him.? She said she'd hurt them, she can do that; but he's a pro, maybe he can defend himself. But what about the others.? They're not trained enough. They'll be shocked when they realize what I look like now. They'll be angry why you hid it so long. They'll be disgusted by the fact you couldn't defend yourself from a villain. You still need to finish this fight. You can't involve them. You need to stop her. You need to make her pay.

Otherwise you'll become just like what she said you would...

A monster.

"I'm sorry, Sensei. But I need to figure this out on my own." I look at the floor, not wanting to look at him anymore, I don't want to almost let him in again. "Midoriya, I'm getting worried. You've been pushing others away, this isn't healthy. Whatever is going on you have allies who can help." I'm sorry Sensei, but I can't let you guys go down this path. "This isn't anyone's business but mine." I say in a darker tone than I expected. I slowly start to turn for my door, I don't want to talk anymore. "Midor-" I'm so sorry. I bolt it for my room, running in and slamming the door behind me. I lean against the wood, just in case he tries to get in. After what feels like forever, I hear him start walking, and eventually his footsteps are gone. I release a breath I never realized I was holding, tears start falling down my face as I slide down my door. I curl up, burying my hands in my hair. I start crying, which turns into sobbing. I ignore the pain in my back from pressing it into the door.

I'm so sorry...

~Timeskip~

I was there against the door for what felt like forever, just crying my eyes out. It felt good honestly, to get some emotions out. But with every good there's a bad, and the pain comes back. So much worse.

So that leaves me to where I am now, curled up on the floor in the middle of my room, shaking while gripping my legs for dear life as my back, head and spine pounds with pain. My breaths are uneven, making it harder to ease my body, but I couldn't help it, it hurt so much.

I start trying to think of other things to take my mind off the pain. I think of how my mom might be doing at home, if she's ever lonely, maybe when this is all over I'll give her a call. If I can, that is. How much will I have to deal with after this.? Everyone will be mad at me for doing all of this, for wanting to hunt down a villain. I start thinking of how I'll take her out. I could catch her off guard, a sneak attack. I could swoop down, gliding down from behind and pinning her with my talons. Scratch her until she can't move, then bring her to the police, then go back to my nest... What...... What am I thinking?? I sound like a bird thats hunting their prey? I'm not a bird. I'm not a.. Bird.? am. NO! I'M A HUMAN!! ENOUGH BRAIN!!

A pew-like tweet leaves my throat as I curl up tighter, what's happening to me..?

Suddenly, an exploding and splitting back erupts from my back. It felt like something was pushing itself from the inside. I bite my lip as hard as I can, trying to prevent any noise from escaping my mouth; I can taste blood as I feel a drip going down my lip. All of my spine feels like it's about to burst. My chest felt like it was being torn on the inside. I shakily take one hand away from my body, and grip at the floor; my talons digging into the wood and ripping up the wood, splinters forming in the floor. Another giant wave of pain shoots through my back. Something heavy pushing against my skin. My muscles contorting and shifting, I swear I felt a bone snap, the itching of new feathers coming in; it was all unbearable.

Make it stop. Make it stop!

MAKE IT STOP!!

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH" My voice rips out of my mouth as my back suddenly feels like it bursts. My ears start ringing as my vision goes cloudy. The pain pulsed, like a heartbeat in my back. Then all of it stopped, new pain stopped coming, my body was finally starting to relax. I let out the biggest sigh in relief I've ever done in my life. My eyes droop as I take heavy breaths, slowly becoming more even and relaxed. I lay there for who knows how long, just calming myself down from what just happened.

I put one hand down, applying pressure and forcing myself up. A small wave of pain flows through me, but it's way more bearable. I got to my legs and sat on my knees, I felt something soft brush on my legs as I got up. I looked over at my back, and my eyes widen in shock. Two dark green wings sit on my back, lime and turquoise sprinkled on the lower feathers. They were big yet thin, they looked very fast, and very, very soft. I shakily reach a hand over, petting one of the big feathers. A purr leaves my throat as I pet the giant appendage on my back, it's so fluffy. Wait. WHY AM I SO CALM??!!! I JUST SPROUT WINGS AND THE FIRST THING I DO IS PET IT??

...Well, not much else to do. I look further, checking for any other feature changes. I see long black feathers popping out above my shorts, the black fading into green and into turquoise. Wow.

A loud knock at my door snaps me out of my thoughts. "Midoriya!! Are you okay?? We heard a scream!" oh... oh no.. No nonononononononono please no. Not now. I snap my head around my room, looking for anything that can help right now. Panic fills my head, and foreign thoughts come in.

Nest isn't safe, must leave. Predators coming. Fly away.

I shake my head. No. Not predators, friends. But they'll be in danger when they find out. I can't let them..

My eyes land on my window, the orange glow of the sun beckoning me to it. My eyes widen at the light. There's a forest here, I can be safe there until I catch her. I jump up, locking my door and going to my window, pulling it open. "MIDORIYA!!DEKU!!" I hear multiple people shout. I turn my head back a little bit, a tear falling from my eye.

I'm sorry everyone.

I activate my quirk, and jump.

HE'S ESCAPED!!! AAAAAAA!!! And he has wings now😅 My dudes a fully fledged birdo now! And he's gonna be very confused as time passes.

Also if the villain mentions are confusing ya'll, don't worry she'll be explained more in future chapters, I got lots planned >:3 I just noticed I mention her a lot with little added context each time. hehe

Anyway! That was the chapter! I wrote an amount I'm happy with, it's been a rough rough night but I figured writing the rest of this would help me out and thankfully it did. I hope to see you all in the next chapter, bye bye!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267 4 7
In a world where Izuku Midoriya is slowly falling into a deeper depressive state. Enough that he becomes almost unrecognizable by the people around h...
25.3K 776 9
The hero courses are met with another day for hero studies, but this one is different. Both class A and B would be heading to a training camp that th...
147K 6.6K 34
A BNHA FANFICTION Izuku Midoriya has lived through a few hardships. He just wants to shut everyone our of his life and wrap himself in his wings. He...
160K 5K 20
Thanks to Izuku's quirk, he was left behind, abandoned by his own mother. For her, his wings were a curse and not a blessing, including his healing q...