It's fine, I am fine!

By Ravenwhere

Twenty four years old Lena's life is a struggle. She moves from place to place, trying to run away from her h... More

The Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 5

2.4K 97 87
By Ravenwhere

Lena

Maximus

I stayed there watching her run away from me like I had the plague.

What just happened?

I honestly felt foolish, for even offering to take her home. It was a decent thing to do, but she refused again.

I think I even saw her eyes water, but she left me no time to react. I stayed there with my eyes wide open, in some sort of shock. What just happened I wondered for the hundredth time.

That drunk asshole apologized to me first, as if the ball hit me instead of her. Who does that? It was obviously an accident, but his attitude really pissed me off. He couldn't even stand on two feet, let alone play with a ball in open space.

Damn that ball hit her hard.

Lena seemed so angry and yet said nothing, did nothing at all. She didn't even demand a new phone as she should. She just stayed there motionless. What was wrong with her?

She was clearly in pain, but she said she was fine, as she froze there and then ran away. She was gone in seconds. So weird.

I have never had a woman run away from me like that, which also pissed me off.

Nevertheless, her ass looked great from that angle.

I quickly drove back home after she ran away. There was no point in wandering around the park alone or even running behind her to check up on her. My good mood was just gone.

Once home, I tossed my keys on the kitchen counter and poured myself a glass of water.

For the life of me, I couldn't stop thinking about Lena's bruises on her neck and those marks on her wrist. I got worried a bit, even though I barely knew her.

She didn't have those bruises when we first met outside the gym or at the coffee shop. And she came to the park clearly distressed and lied to my face...which I didn't like regardless.

I walked to my bedroom and quickly tossed my clothes on the bed, while my mind was still fixated on her. I couldn't stop thinking that she might be trapped in some sort of abusive relationship. People get very defensive over that and most of the time they don't want to talk about it.

But what could I possibly do at this point?

I did ask, I did try to help, but if she didn't want to share, unfortunately, that's on her. She chose to run.

I hoped in the shower to clear my head. I wasn't responsible for her, I kept telling myself.

A few hours passed, and I was still thinking about her. I struggled to keep my hands away from my phone to avoid sending her a text. What was I supposed to say?

Did you go home alright?

Are you alright?

Is everything ok?

Do you need any help?

Why did you run away like that?

I would sound like her mother, and it was the least I wanted to do. I only agreed to help her with her cover, because she was hot... and there was something I liked about her. Her facial expressions and how she talked, probably were that something.

My phone buzzed in my hand and brought my thoughts back to reality. I knew what it was before I even looked at it.

The drunk guy from the park already made the money transfer for Lena's new phone, as we agreed. Even though he seemed like he was about to throw up from all the alcohol he consumed, he agreed to pay for her phone in no time. Who gets wasted like that in a park?

I checked my phone and saw the transaction. Two hundred euros have been transferred to my bank account. Not only would I buy her a new phone, but a way better one.

As I laid on the couch, I browsed a website for phones. I did get into a lot of trouble for someone I barely knew, but I felt it was the right thing to do. She seemed very distressed, to even function. Let alone yell at that guy or even stand up for herself.

I chose a phone for her and checked it out, selecting fast delivery. It will probably arrive tomorrow around the time I get off work. I would call her and arrange a meeting, so I can give it to her. A lot of trouble indeed.

She genuinely seemed strange and a little weird, but not in a bad way. She was so hot wearing that simple white T-shirt and those short black pants. It fitted her perfectly and I was trying to find traces of her breast the whole fifteen minutes we've spent together before the ball knocked her down.

Damn I love white T-shirts. And she has nice legs and those lips... man!

My phone rang and destroyed my thoughts once again. It was Sally again.

I called her and canceled our date a few hours ago; I wasn't in the mood to see her.

"Hey Max" I heard her characteristically crispy voice.

"Hey Sal"

"Open your door" she demanded.

I slowly walked towards the door and unwillingly I opened it. I saw her standing there, wearing a tight blue dress with her cleavage bursting out.

"Who buzzed you in?" I asked.

"I have my sources" she giggled. She looked and smelled drunk as usual. What was wrong with her lately?

"Can I come in?" she asked, and I nodded.

We didn't need to say much, we never did. We both knew why she was here.

---------------------------------

The next morning, as I opened my eyes, I saw Sally's arms around my waist and felt her legs on top of mine. Why did she stay the night? Our relationship didn't include this, and she was the one suggesting it in the first place, and I agreed. We were supposed to just have fun and lately, she started demanding more. Why the sudden change?

I tried to softly remove her body from me, so I could get off the bed, but she opened her eyes.

"Did I spent the night here?" she said with a hoarse voice.

"What do you think?" I replied sarcastically. It wasn't polite, but I couldn't help myself.

"Right. I had too much to drink last night"

Her hair was a mess, and the make-up was like melting off her face and on the pillow.

"You do that a lot lately," I said while getting off the bed.

"I don't remember what happened yesterday. Did we...?"

"I don't fuck drunk chicks, Sal, this is not a fraternity," I said right before I entered the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

When I got out, she was still laying on the bed with the white linen covering her whole body. I could only see her long black hair. I let her sleep, even though I wanted to kick her out as politely as possible.

Jake, my german shepherd never came close to her no matter what. He ignored her most of the time or growled at her. She wasn't around much, but he made sure I knew that he didn't like her. And that was quite rare for my dog, he was a very friendly one.

I quickly grabbed his leash, and we went for our morning walk.

My first thought when I hit the street with Jake, was to call Lena. What a stupid thought, it was 6:00 in the morning, she would probably be asleep, and most importantly, why would I call her? She didn't even have a phone yet. And if she had, what would I say? Goodmorning sunshine?

So, I went for a run instead and returned home all sweaty and ready for a shower. I hoped that I wouldn't find Sally in my bed, but I knew she would be there. She was so drunk last night; she could barely stand on her pretty hills. Why was she doing that to herself?

I took a shower in the bathroom downstairs and then walked towards the kitchen to make a quick cup of coffee before I got dressed and went to work. I heard the shower in the upstairs bathroom running. I was kind of relieved because that meant that she would soon leave.

I made coffee and poured some into a cup. Jake followed me to the couch and sat next to my feet. Sally walked downstairs after her shower with a towel around her torso and her raven wet hair was falling on her shoulders, dripping water. It was a sexy image, I had to admit.

"When are you going to stop this drinking habit?" I asked.

"It's not a habit" she replied and walked to the kitchen to pour herself a cup of coffee from the pot.

"When something is done regularly and with great consistency, it's a habit" I corrected her.

"Don't act like my dad"

"I act as your friend"

"Friend? We stopped being that the day you fucked me for the first time" she sat on the couch next to me and slowly crossed her legs in a very lady-like manner. I used to like all those little things she did, but not anymore.

I snorted and took a sip from my coffee. There was nothing to say, to make her stop this behavior.

"Where were you in the afternoon? Why did you cancel on me?" she asked.

"I had an appointment, and I didn't feel like seeing you" I replied with the truth.

"That's harsh"

"We talked about this before. This, between us, is over"

"What's her name?!" she shrieked out of the blue spilling some of her coffee on the floor and couch.

She can't even have a normal adult conversation.

"Why do you yell?" like a mad person, I wanted to add.

"Is there someone else, Max?"

"I can't have this conversation again, Sally. We talked about this so many times, why can't you get it?"

"Get what?!" she yelled.

"That we never were a thing, and we never will. How many times do we have to talk about it?" I was so calm and that pissed her off. That in fact pisses her off every time.

"I want to be with you, Max"

"Jesus, I can't give you what you want. Three weeks ago, you were the one telling me not to fall for you because what we had was just physical. What changed?"

"I don't know" she replied like a five-year-old.

"Then who does?"

"I don't know" she replied like a four-year-old.

"You can't force feelings, Sally. I'm sorry"

"Fuck you, Max. Don't act all nice and polite, I hate it!" she quickly stood up and walked up the stairs to the bedroom with the cup in her hand, spilling coffee everywhere.

I'll be damned, I released the Kraken again.

Jake started barking at her and she screamed "Can you mute this hellhound?!" and that made Jake bark some more. He couldn't possibly understand human talk, but he could definitely understand the feeling behind every word.

"Jake, stop. Come here boy" I said to him calmly and he came and sat on the couch next to me, as he wagged his tail proudly.

She kept yelling crap as she stormed out and slammed the door behind her, still heard her cursing and shouting her lungs out as she walked away. Third time she does that in two weeks.

I calmly continued sipping my coffee. I just couldn't indulge in this madness for the hundredth time. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you liked my story you can continue reading it on GoodNovel and support me! ❤

Use this link below:

https://www.goodnovel.com/book/It-s-Fine-I-am-Fine_31000504272

Or search for my work @Ravenwhere 

          I upload a new Chapter everyday!    

💖Thank you for reading. It means a lot to me💖         

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 9.4K 39
Silbie Luna just wanted to pass her classes and become the first undergrad co-captain for her derby team. She never thought shooting a promo for the...
209 53 21
In the life of an army soldier and a journalist , no one really knows what goes on behind closed doors . The struggle to keep ea...
27.8K 927 47
This story sucks, don't read it! It's amazing how quickly your life can change. In a slow town like this, where nothing exciting ever happens, wher...
47 9 7
Lena, a retired soldier, owns a private security company. When she gets separated from her husband, he decides to bring her old lover, Dillion, back...