Justice | Law & Order : SVU

By fuliminare

"In the criminal justice system, sexually based offences are considered especially heinous. In New York City... More

justice.
Decor.
graphics
warnings.
one
two
four.
five.

three.

1.4K 67 1
By fuliminare

"Jordan Rothchester, eighteen years old. He was at the party and get this, he has a history of arrests for assault and even sexual misconduct" Rollins tells the rest of the squad as they gather around a table.

"Any convictions?" Olivia asks.

"No but that's just because daddy fixes it, hires big shot lawyers and Jordan gets off again and again" Amanda tells her.

"Does he go to the same school?" Fin asks.

"He did up until last year when he graduated, he's a sophomore at Hudson university" Amanda nods.

Before anybody can ask anymore questions Valerie Jones walks in along with her parents, in the girls hands she carries a bag that seems to contain clothing.

"Have you arrested the Mexican boy yet?" Mr Jones demands as soon as the family of three are close enough to the detectives.

"Mr Jones, I'm Sergeant Benson" Olivia tells him introducing herself "We have not arrested Alejandro yet...." She begins only to be cut off.

"What the hell are you doing then?" He demands to know "If my girl says he raped her then he raped her, arrest him!"

"We brought the clothes she was wearing that night" Mrs Jones cuts in before her husband can say any more "Valerie wanted to throw them away but I told her they could help you, I was right wasn't I?" The woman asks while the girl in question begins to look more nervous than she already was.

"You were absolutely right Mrs Jones, have they been washed?" Olivia asks the mother.

"No, they were thrown to the bottom of Valeries closet" The woman tells her.

"We'll send them to get tested straight away" Olivia told the woman handing the bag of clothes over to a uniformed officer with the order to take them to forensics "I'd like to speak with Valerie alone if thats okay?" Olivia asks turning back to the family of three.

"No, no way" Mr Jones cuts in before his daughter of wife can speak.

"Dad it's okay" Valerie tells him turning to Olivia who nods and leads the girl through to an interview room.

"Can I get you anything to drink before we start? Water? Coffee?" Olivia asks softly.

"No thankyou" Valerie tells the woman forcing a smile onto her pale lips.

"Okay then Valerie, before we start I just want to say I'm so so sorry for what happened to you. I know something awful happened that night and I'm so sorry" Olivia gently tells the younger girl.

"Thankyou" Valerie gently says.

"But, you haven't told us the whole truth have you?" Olivia asks gently raising an eyebrow "I know somebody hurt you that night, that I believe, but I don't think it was Alejandro Martinez was it?"

"What? It was!" Valerie tells the older woman tears gathering in her eyes. "Alex raped me!"

"I think that somebody raped you, somebody who scares you so much that when you couldn't keep the truth in anymore you said it was somebody else" Olivia continues "who hurt you Valerie?"

"Please don't make me" Valerie cries as tears begin to roll down her cheeks.

"It's okay now Valerie. You tell me and we will protect you" Olivia promises.

"I never meant to get Alex in trouble, he's so nice, he tried to help me when I was running out of the house" Valerie cries out.

"Alex won't be in any trouble if you just tell the truth. It's okay now Valerie." Olivia continues on.

"His name is Jordan" Valerie whispers like if she said it any louder he might hear "please don't make me say anything else, he'll kill me" she sobs when a knock rings out at the door. With a sigh Olivia stands up and goes to the door surprised when she finds Antonella standing there.

"Let me talk to her Olivia" Antonella whispers softly "I heard what she just said, theres no conflict of interest. I'm a forensic psychiatrist, I am qualified to council her. More than that I am a federal agent"

"Antonella..." Olivia shakes her head.

"I can help her, I understand her." Antonella pushes until Olivia sighs and opens the door to let the younger woman in "Give us a minute?" She asks when Valerie looks up to the two women. Olivia nods and walks out of the door to go and watch with the rest of the squad on the other side of the mirror.

"Hello Valerie" Antonella speaks softly walking to the table and sitting down in the seat that Olivia had just vacated "My name is Antonella, you can call me Nell"

"I know who you are" Valerie whispers moving to brush more tears from her cheeks.

"It's okay Valerie, i'm not here because i'm upset with you. I'm here to help you, because I understand" Nell tells the teenager "Did you know I work for the FBI but i'm a psychiatrist, a doctor?"

"How could somebody like you understand?" Valerie snaps while Nell merely smiles softly at the show of real emotion "You're beautiful with a good job and probably the perfect life. How could you possibly understand?"

"You can probably tell from my accent that I wasn't born here in America, I was born in Colombia. When I was eleven years old my father was all the family I had and when he was killed by the cartel I was trafficked here to America. I was raped for the first time by the man who took me from my home in Colombia to Mexico and then after him there were so many men that I lost count. Alejandro was born when I was fourteen years old, i have no idea who his father is because at that time I was a drug addict and forced to work as a prostitute for my next high. I didn't get out until I was eighteen years old and Alejandro was almost five" Antonella softly explains like she's simply telling a gentle bedtime story instead of one filled with pain and horror and terror. "I remember that first time though, at first you're so shocked, you think this can't really be happening, it can't be real but then it begins to set in and you either begin to fight or you freeze, I fought, hard but he was bigger than me, stronger, he chipped one of my teeth and the bruises didn't go away for weeks. Then when it's happening and he's inside of you, on top of you, you can feel his breath against your neck, his moans in your ear, you feel the sweat dripping from his body onto your own and then the pain kicks in it's..." Antonella goes on before Valerie begins to talk. 

"It's dull at first, but then it gets sharp and everything hurts, it hurt so much" Valerie says before she breaks down in sobs again and Nell moves around the table.

"Can I touch you?" Nell whispers leaning down to the girl and when she nods she pulls the teenager into her arms "It's okay now mija, you're safe now, I've got you"

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry" Valerie sobs resting her head in the crook of Nells neck "Will you tell Alex I'm sorry? He was so nice to me and I hurt him"

"It's okay. It's okay." Nell promises "Just give me a name Valerie, a name is all I need"

"Jordan... Jordan Rothchester" Valerie whispers not releasing her tight grip on Nell.

"You did well Mija, so so well" Nell promises.

Outside of the room everybody watches on in shock while Mrs Jones sobs in her husbands arms.

"Okay Amaro, Rollins go and pick up Jordan Rothchester" Olivia tells them "Carisi go and speed things up at forensics, Fin call Barba"

"Can we go to Valerie now?" Mrs Jones asks.

"Of course" Olivia nods opening the door for them, she watches as Nell hands the young girl off to her mother and makes her way out.

"She'll be able to give more but she needs to get it all out slowly, we can't rush her" Nell tells the older woman.

"You did very well in there, the things you said to her... I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to share those things" Olivia softly tells the younger woman.

"It will never be easy but now I can do it, a few years ago I could not without breaking out in tears" Nell admits "I should be going but if it is okay I will check in again tomorrow?"

"Sounds good" Olivia nods with a smile.

"See you tomorrow Olivia" Nell nods before she turns to walk away smiling at Carisi as she crosses him while she's walking out of the squad room. When she's gone Carisi beelines for Olivia.

"Liv!" Carisi calls out "they're not done processing the clothes yet but there's something else..."

"Let's go to my office" Olivia says when she notices the anxious look on his face. The two of them walk in and close the door behind them "what is it?"

"Alejandro volunteered his DNA when he first came in so when they ran it through the database they got no priors but they a hit for a DNA paternal match and a potential half sibling" Carisi hesitantly explains.

"They know who his father is? He's in the system?" Olivia asks her eyes widening in shock.

"He's currently in prison, Johnny Drake is the father of Alejandro Martinez which means...." Sonny trails off.

"Noah is his paternal half brother" Olivia says completely shocked "Are they sure?"

"They ran it twice" Sonny nods.

"How the hell do we tell Antonella this?" Olivia asks in a breathy whisper.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.4K 3.3K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
177K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
264K 11K 39
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹
146K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...