The Truth Unfolded ✔️

By sfhaseen01

INSTANCE 1 "your ammi said you have been irritating her asking about your childhood again and again" "I just... More

Introduction
The Unexpected Shopping Incident
My Going To Be WHAT?
I Want My Memories
Allah Is Capable Of Anything
The Nightmare
I'll Be Left Alone
The Hardest Nights
The Unknown Photo And My Parents Visit
Something Is Strange
Friend's Party
The Surprise
Sadiq
Calls From Unknown Numbers
The Weekend
Memories Are My Need Now!
Visit To Sadiq's Parents House
Poisoned
The Careless Man
New Ideas And Discoveries
Many Things Happen
Hand In Marriage
Shocked
Gangsters Or Criminals?
These Are Not Just Nightmares
The Papers
It's Impossible
Bully
I Understand Now
The Truth Is Finally Unfolded
Never To Be Heard Again
The End
Acknowledgements
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER
Bonus Chapter
Q/A
A Sneak Peek
The Last Warning

Zafar Fell Ill

139 9 6
By sfhaseen01

Do vote and comment!

Word count : 1784

CHAPTER #23

Hafsa's POV

It was evening and I woke up to the maghrib azan. I made wuzu and offered my maghrib and then, looked into my phone.
No texts, no calls.
I walked down to the kitchen as I was terribly hungry and found ammi cooking there.

She looked at me with sharp and angry eyes. I thought I'll tell her about zafar but not right now.
I opened the fridge and took out grapes, put them in a bowl, washed them, and took them to the dining table to eat.
After I finished, I went to the kitchen and kept the bowl.

"Zafar's coming tonight to pick me up" I said standing behind her. She immediately turned to face me

"did you call him here?"
I nodded
"why?" she asked between her teeth

"because I wanna go home" I said and started walking towards the stair.

"how dare you do that even when you know that I am telling you he is not the right one...you are going to sign the papers before he comes you get it?"

I just looked at her blankly but that irritated her "HAFSA I SAID YOU ARE GOING TO SIGN THE PAPERS!!" she yelled

I didn't say anything and just walked "I said wait" ammi yelled and the anger was very obvious in her voice.
She caught my hand and dragged me to the hall. Abba and samreen were watching tv there but after seeing ammi both of them were aback and especially samreen, she was the most scared.

"where are those papers?" ammi asked abba

"they are in our drawer"

"samreen go and get the brown envelope in our drawer" she ran upstairs and bought the envelope
The pen was also in it.

"sign" ammi said but I didn't do anything. "you just wait"
She went inside and came after a minute. What did she do?

She held my hand so tightly that the surrounding of the place she held me became red "ammi leave me, it's paining" she pressed even harder "ammi leave" I said crying

"didn't I tell you to sign hafsa, why don't you listen me?" she yelled and that made samreen cry very loudly

"ammi leave my hand" I said in pain while she left it, not without a slight push. I was crying and she kept yelling while samreen wailed

Just then, samreen called out "jijubhai" I saw that zafar was in. I just looked down and cried.
Samreen hugged him. I knew she was damn scared and I felt sorry for her.

Then he came up with to me and hugged me which gave me a sooth inside.

"what is happening here?" he asked

"it doesn't concern you" ammi said who was still standing behind him
And then that happened which shouldn't have. Zafar noticed the divorce papers lying on the sofa. As he picked it up and ran his eyes on it, I felt as if I am the unluckiest and the most depressed person in this world.

"hafsa you wanted divorce from me?" I know it shocked him
I shook my head as fast as possible so that he doesn't doubt me

"yes she demands divorce.. she wants divorce from you because she likes someone else"

Ammi, why are you doing this? Stop it for Allah's sake!

Suddenly, bell rang and to my surprise it was adil! At this time?! Ah, I understand now.. Ammi had asked me to wait and called him to come...I get it now why she went in for a minute.

Ammi ran up to him, dragged his hand and said to zafar "she likes adil?"

Are you joking ammi? Are you even serious?

"ammi stop lying, it's enough... I like adil, a lot but only as a friend" shock was fully written om Adil's face "I want to live with only zafar and not anyone else"

"stop your rubbish and sign the papers" ammi stated

"wait which papers"
Zafar...zafar.... I know I promised you that I'll never leave you and I will keep the promise

I sat because I felt extremely exhausted, taking the chance, ammi also sat beside me and said "I know it's not that easy for you but this man... This man doesn't love you"

"what are you saying auntie?!" zafar said

"I am saying the truth! You never took good care of my daughter so I won't let her go with you.....Sign hafsa"

I looked at zafar and I saw a strong man having tears in his eyes...for me.
The pen was in my hand, not moving as I did not know what to do when ammi angrily said "hafsa sign"

I took a deep breath because whatever I was going to do now had my full future dependent on it. I moved the pen towards the paper

"hold on bhai" adil came running towards zafar who fell on the sofa, eventually sitting. I know he was devastated by what I am was going to do.

I looked at ammi before signing, she had a victorious smile grazing on her face and on my other side, I could hear Zafar's heavy breaths.

Ya Allah!

As soon as the nib of the pen touched the papers, I took them in my hand and tore those papers in two and that left everyone shocked.

"no what did you do girl?" ammi screamed

I looked at zafar. His eyes were stained with pain.
I took those two pieces of the paper and tore them further to make multiple pieces.

"I tore the papers as you can see" ammi was looking at me with red eyes, taking in deep breaths, full of anger "I tore the only reason which was separating me from zafar" I looked at him and said "what made you think I'll leave you"

"hafsa" he whispered. He slid his hand on mine as tears fell from both of our eyes "didn't I promise you that I'll be with you always" I asked him "you did" he said and hid me in his chest, hugging so tightly that I felt difficulty in breathing but that difficulty was nothing compared to leaving him.

I got up and lifted my face up in confidence "I am gonna go home"
"ugh" ammi groaned
I walked to the room, took all my things and came down

I caught Zafar's hand and walked out...
...

"I was so scared...that you would really sign"

"that's what you think about me?" I asked

"no" he laughed and kissed me on my forehead.
...

I opened my eyes to find darkness and warmth around me and that's when I realized I'm in zafar's arms. That made me smile. "ughmm" wait! It was zafar groaning. I slowly moved aside to see what's wrong. Zafar was shivering and he twitched his eyebrows in such a way that they joined between their eyes. I touched his forehead to see whether he has fever or not and yes! he had. I looked at the time and it was six in the morning. I went to the kitchen to make a glass of milk.

"assalamualaikum" the cook was already there but it didn't matter to me.

"walaikumassalam" I greeted him and carried on my work.
After I made a glass of milk, I took it to the room and woke zafar up.

"have this milk, we are going to see doctor"
He groaned again like a small child.
He slowly drank the milk, till then I had bath and performed my fajr which was missed.
After he finished his glass of milk, I helped him get ready. He became really weak!

"we will go now?" I asked him
He just looked at me "what?"

"no.. Umm.. We can go but before that..."

"yes before that?"

"give me a hug"
You are really cute zafar!

Without thinking for the second time, I wrapped my arms around his back and I also felt his arms around my waist.
"you'll be alright" I whispered

"hmm" I could feel him smiling

"come let's go now" I said, still my arms around him "let's not waste any time"

He nodded.
...
"since when is he having fever?" the doctor asked

"from this morning, he has severe temperature like 101F to 102F"
The doctor was asking me the questions and I was replying to them while zafar sat quietly like a small, dejected child.

"and did you give him any medicine like paracetamol?"

"no, I didn't"

"please let him sit here" he said pointing at a hospital bed. Zafar obeyed and he examined him.

"hmm....he does not seem to have any infection" he said

"did you take any stress or you did any overthinking lately?" the doctor was asking zafar now
"umm..I guess so" he said quite embarrassed

"please try to be stress free" the doctor began "I'll write some medicines, you can buy them in our pharmacy which is just outside and you have to take rest for atleast 2 days alright?"
He wrote the medications in his some papers in his kind of wiggly shiggly handwriting and handed over to us. We thanked him and left the hospital.

"did you take stress because of yesterday?" I asked him while we were walking to the pharmacy
He didn't reply but just looked down. "you trust me right?" I asked. Now we stopped walking
"I do but that was..."

"come on now forget it...now I am with you" he smiled.
We bought the medicines and drove back to home.
...
2 days later..
Zafar was absolutely fine and strong like before.
"this is your suit, wear it" I said sliding it on his shoulders

"don't you think I am so dashing?" he smirked mischievously

"only I can say that" I said firmly

"why not others? Especially...." I smacked him on his hand before he could complete

"now I'll not talk to you" I pouted with anger and walked away, just then, he caught hold of my hand and pulled me closer.

"I was just joking, only my wife has the right to call me anything she wants" he smiled and attached his forehead to mine

"you are so.. So..."

"handsome" he completed for me even though that was not that I wanted to say

I smacked him again on his hand and we both burst into laughter "you are getting late" he slowly kissed on my cheek and then we greeted our goodbyes and he left.

I laid on the bed with satisfaction when my phone rang.. Someone was calling me.
I took the phone to see a name on it
ADIL
Adil was calling me...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 138K 52
"You fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected times." ▪▪ He stroke my arm with his hand and carefully followed his own act...
160K 16.5K 101
Once upon a time, An eighteen years old girl was in love with a boy, she use to pray for him... Crying in Sujood and beg Allah to make that easy for...
495K 24.2K 42
[EDITING] "Can you... marry my brother?" "Your brother, Ibrahim? But... Isn't he married?" I recall the conversation we had before. "He was, but he...
96.2K 11.5K 33
Copyright© 2020. All rights reserved. She sat on her bed thinking how on earth is she to get married at the tender age of sixteen. Not marrying any o...