You Are The Reason

By ameesaAhlam

"I don't fear darkness. I am the darkness." Being the leader of the largest Mafia group in USA, Ruslan Searlu... More

CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1: All Alone
CHAPTER 2: Save Me
CHAPTER 3: You Are Safe Here
CHAPTER 4: Personal Maid
CHAPTER 5: Trust
CHAPTER 7: Trouble
CHAPTER 8: Aurora
CHAPTER 9: Furious
CHAPTER 10: You Are A Monster
CHAPTER 11: All My Fault
CHAPTER 12: Attack
CHAPTER 13: Disappeared
CHAPTER 14: Avoiding
CHAPTER 15: Comfort
CHAPTER 16: Funeral
CHAPTER 17: In Love
CHAPTER 18: Screwed
CHAPTER 19: Brother?
CHAPTER 20: Pleasure
CHAPTER 21: Breakfast
CHAPTER 22: You Drive Me Crazy
CHAPTER 23: You Are The Reason
CHAPTER 24: Bring Down The Searlus Mafia
CHAPTER 25: Lies
CHAPTER 26: Lies (Part 2)
CHAPTER 27: Tears
CHAPTER 28: Date?
CHAPTER 29: Wife
EPILOGUE
New Story!
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story!

CHAPTER 6: Cookies

12.7K 597 36
By ameesaAhlam

Alfresca's POV:

"Alfresca!"

"Alfresca! Wake up!"

Groaning, I buried my face in my pillow hoping to block out the noise.

"For God's sake, open the door!"

Who the hell is disturbing my sleep?

"Do you wanna get yourself killed?!"

Killed? What did I do?

And why will anyone kill me?

No.

Wait a damn minute.

Shit!

I sprang up and got down from the bed and running to the door opened it. Arthur stood on the other side with a horrified expression on his face.

"Have you seen the time?" He shouted I looked over my shoulder to see the wall clock.

9 AM.

Fucking hell!

"Shit!" I muttered.

"You were supposed to give Mr Searlus his breakfast at eight! And he had to leave for work at 8:30!"

I face palmed myself. "I'm so screwed!"

He sighed. "I could have given him breakfast on your behalf but I don't have access to his personal area and Geordi was not available either."

"He could have come downstairs and have breakfast..." I said sheepishly.

"Yes. But he was pissed off when he came downstairs and asked me about you and when I said you were still sleeping, he left angrily." He explained. "I had gone out to buy some groceries or else I would have woken you up."

"Now what do I do?"

"I don't know...he will come back in the evening. Try apologising to him. But I'm not sure if it will work."

"It's just...I started with my periods last night and I tend to sleep a lot more during these days..." I mumbled.

He placed a hand over my shoulder. "Maybe he will understand..."

I nodded. "I hope so..."

.
.
.

Arthur told me to go and clean his bedroom while he is away. I agreed and went upstairs and pressed my thumb against the scanner and the door opened and I went inside to his room.

There wasn't much to clean since it was so tidy except his bed, so I made his bed and dusted the small nightstand beside it and other such things.

Coming out of his room, I decided to clean his office too but I when I tried opening it, it was locked so I checked the other doors that were there. One lead to a small home theatre. The other was a playroom. No. A normal playroom. Not the Christian Grey one you are thinking. And one lead to a gym.

I somehow managed to work the whole day despite having cramps.

I didn't want to be killed by Mr Searlus.

It was evening and I was working in the kitchen alongside Arthur.

I was walking towards the living room when the front door opened and Mr Searlus walked in with Geordi behind him.

I immediately stopped in my tracks, and lowered my eyes nervously.

He was wearing a brown suit and his eyes fell on me.

"You." He pointed at me angrily and I looked at him. "In my office after five minutes."

"Y-yes, sir." I stuttered and he walked upstairs. Geordi gave me a glance and followed him.

Arthur came to me. "What happened?"

"He asked me to meet him in his office."

"Oh..."

Seeing the gloomy expression on my face, he gently squeezed my shoulder in assurance. "He's not as bad as he seems. Maybe he will just scold you..."

I nodded and giving him a small smile went inside my room, and washed my face cause it felt so oily.

Wiping my face with a towel, I stepped out of my room and slowly climbed up.

Geordi walked out of the door and I went inside and knocked on his office's door.

"Come in, Alfresca." He said in a cold voice.

I took a deep breath and opened the door and went inside.

My breath hitched. He was in his chair, leaning back, his legs resting on top of his desk, a pistol in his hand as he was wiping it with a cloth.

Is he going to kill me? Just because I woke up late. And didn't give him his breakfast.

"Sir..."

He lifted his eyes and settled them on me and placed down the gun on his desk. "Do I pay you to sleep, Ms Leonard?"

"No..." I whispered softly.

"So, do you have any explanation as to why you didn't serve me my breakfast today?"

I bit my lips. "I'm sorry. I overslept. I...um...I am having my periods. I feel extra sleepy during these days." I explained.

He removed his legs from the desk and got up coming closer to me making me take a step back in fear.

"I am sorry, Mr Searlus. It won't happen again." I again apologised when he neared me.

He placed his hand against the door behind me, trapping me.

He was ruminating, scrutinizing my face and I gulped.

He spoke after a few seconds. "You may take the rest of the day plus tomorrow off."

"What?" I asked in surprise.

He rolled his eyes. "Take the rest of the day and tomorrow off. You can rest."

My eyes lit with happiness. A smile forming on my lips. "Really?"

"I won't repeat myself. Go before I change my mind."

"Thank you so much!" I almost shouted and he raised a brow at my behaviour and I muttered a small sorry and left quickly.

I don't have to work anymore! Yay!

Almost dancing to myself I went downstairs and found Arthur waiting for me near the stairs.

"What did he say?" He asked eagerly.

"He gave me a day off!"

"What?!"

"Yes! I told him I am on my periods and he said that I can rest."

His jaw almost dropped in surprise. "You gotta be kidding me! You are so lucky."

I winked cheekily. "I know."

He playfully slapped my shoulder. "Good for you. Go and rest. I'll manage."

"Thank you!" And I walked to my room.

My lovely bed, here I come.

.
.
.

I felt so grateful to have a day off as I slept the whole day. Not the whole day but yeah...most of it.

Feeling hungry, I walked into the kitchen to feed myself and found Geordi sitting on the dining table, having his lunch.

Arthur wasn't there and I filled my plate with the fried rice, the chook made.

I sat down opposite to Geordi whose sole attention was on the food.

"Hey, Geordi." I greeted him cheerfully.

He lifted his eyes and glanced at me. I gave him a soft smile and he just nodded curtly in return and resumed eating making me scowl.

"You know I just wanted to...thank you for saving my life that day." I spoke again, hoping to have a conversation with him.

"You should thank Mr Searlus for that. Not me." He said in a dry tone, his eyes still on his food.

Come on! I'm getting bored.

"So...how long have you been working here?" I tried again.

He sighed. "For a long time."

"I meant for how many years?"

"Many years..."

Okay. He doesn't want to disclose that information.

I noticed he started eating quicker so that he can leave.

Am I irritating him that bad?

"Okay...so...do you have a girlfriend... or a wife maybe...?" I asked.

He kept his spoon down and faced me with a blank expression. "I don't."

"And... parents?"

"I don't have any family." He stated.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I muttered feeling sorry for him. "I don't have any too."

"I know." He spoke and got up with his plate in his hand and kept it in the sink.

"Geordi..." I stood up. "Sorry for irritating you...I was just hoping to make some friends."

He was about to walk past me but stopped and made eye contact with me. "I don't need any friends."

I pouted sadly. "Don't you feel lonely?"

"It's a part of my life now. I'm used to it." And he left making me feel bad for him.

Everyone needs friends or someone close. He must feel so lonely.

I'm gonna make him my friend.

.
.
.

"Who wants cookies?" I annouced to everyone working in the kitchen, holding the tray of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies made by me.

Everyone here was quite friendly and they soon surrounded me, picking up the cookies from the tray.

In the end a few were left and since Arthur wasn't there in the kitchen, with the tray in my hand I walked out of the kitchen to look for him.

Maybe I was too busy looking for him and I bumped into someone. The tray almost falling down from my hand but I kept it steady.

I glanced up and took a step back in fear seeing I bumped into Mr Searlus and beside him stood Geordi.

"I'm so sorry." I immediately apologised.

"I thought I gave you a day off." He said eyeing the tray of cookies in my hand.

"Yes but I was getting bored and feeling a bit better so I baked some cookies."

I extended the tray to him. "Do you want some?"

He looked at me and then at the tray and cocked his head.

"It's okay if you don't want it." I said bringing back the tray feeling stupid.

He sighed and stepped closer and picked up a  cookie and I smiled softly.

I turned to Geordi. "Do you want them too?"

He shook his head promtly. "No."

I frowned and muttered. "It's not that I have poisoned them." I rolled my eyes.

His eyes widened and he stopped Mr Searlus from eating the cookie that was half way to his mouth. "Sir, wait! It could be poisoned."

My jaw dropped. "No! They aren't! Why will I poison them?"

Geordi took away the cookie from Mr Searlus's hand and threw it on the floor.

How dare he?!

"They are not poisoned!" I hissed. "Everyone ate them."

Mr Searlus looked quite amused with what was going on.

"You can't be trusted." Geordi stepped closer to me, trying to intimidate me.

My jaw clenched. "What do you think I would do by poisoning anyone?"

"You could do anything."

"I'm harmless!" I fought.

"Enough!" Mr Searlus boomed silencing us both. "No more arguments. And Geordi, leave."

Geordi gave me a glare and stomped out of the house.

"I'm sorry." I said.

He didn't say anything and just nodded and went upstairs but not before he took a cookie from the tray.

Chapter completion: 16/8/21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Dusk By Mia

Romance

75.8K 3.8K 39
Could you run away from your destiny? Rick almost managed it. He could seem like the boy next door, but he had a big dark secret. He ran away from h...
247K 3.2K 62
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...
419K 10K 53
𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨: ⸻ 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘴! ❝𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗛...
78.6K 1.6K 16
His hand wrapped in her hair, yanking her face up to him to look into his angry eyes. "Tell me where the fuck is he?" He growled, making her shudder...