The Secret Life of Malia Dall...

By simplicational

Malia Dallas has hid herself behind closed doors for three years trying to find a way to get rid of the guilt... More

The Secret Life of Malia Dallas
Chapter 1 - Chanter
Chapter 2 - Se Casser
Chapter 3 - S'amuser
Chapter 4 - Les Garçons
Chapter 5 - Feu D'artifice
Chapter 6 - Citations
Chapter 7 - L'hockey de la rue
Chapter 8 - Cuire
Chapter 9 - Avions
Chapter 10 - Mes Livres
Chapter 11 - Végétarien
Chapter 12 - Le Premier Jour
Chapter 13 - Découvert
Chapter 14 - Pardonné
Chapter 15 - De Harry Potter
Chapter 17 - NAFs
Chapter 18 - La Plage et Nouveaux Amis
Chapter 19 - Idées
Chapter 20 - Mi Familia
Chapter 21 - Voyager
Chapter 22 - Faire du Shopping
Chapter 23 - Meilleurs Amis
Chapter 24 - Bibliothèque
Chapter 25 - L'hôpital
Chapter 26 - Librairies et Café
Chapter 27 - S'endormir
Chapter 28 - Insomnie
Chapter 29 - S'embrasser
Chapter 30 - S'évanouir
Chapter 31 - Gags et les coeurs brisés
Chapter 32 - Danser Sous La Pluie
Chapter 33 - Questions et Impressions
Chapter 34 - Gâteau
Chapter 35 - Anniversaires
Chapter 36 - La Farce D'ultime
Chapter 37 - Lo Incontro
Chapter 38 - Les Aveus et Les Histoires
Chapter 39 - Recuerdos
Chapter 40 - La Glace et des Oreillers Moelleux
Chapter 41 - Avec Moi
Chapter 42 - Simplement en Regardant
Chapter 43 - Merci
Chapter 44 - Les Petites Choses
Chapter 45: Surprendre
Chapter 46: Au Revoir
Chapter 47: My Little Secret
Chapter 48: Insostituibile
Chapter 49: Peleas de Helado
Chapter 50: Leugens
Chapter 51: Amigas
Chapter 52: Le Projet
Chapter 53: White
Chapter 54: Mort
Chapter 55: Normalite
Chapter 56: Coming Home
Chapter 57: 11 days
Chapter 58: Reunions
Chapter 59: Photonaf Diaries
Chapter 60: Omaha
Chapter 61: You're Mine
Chapter 62: Happy Birthday
Epilogue

Chapter 16 - Réponses

3.7K 70 25
By simplicational

I know I am uploading late and i am sorry about that, but i was really busy all throughout the morning and then when i got home i was extremely tired and i think i am getting sick because i have am awful sore throat etc. but enough anout me you guys just want to read so here we go...

Chapter 16: Réponses

Malia’s POV

I woke up to see the guys already up. Why are they already up? Did I sleep in? I quickly sit up which results in a headache. I grab my head as I reach around for my phone.

6:34am.

“OH MY GOD, WHY DIDN’T YOU WAKE ME UP?” I shout at the guys.

“You looked really tried, Cameron said to let you sleep in as long as possible,” Shawn said.

“While I am happy at how considerate Cam is, you need to realize that we have to be there in an hour and you expect me to get dressed and eat in an hour?” I ask.

“You can get dressed in less than an hour,” Nash says with a weird expression on his face.

“No it’s not that, I know that, I was worried about eating in less than an hour,” I say as I rush over to my suitcase and pull out some clothes. I ran into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. Well my hair was deciding to be wavy today, whatever. I only put on bb cream today and slipped on my boyfriend jeans that were slightly tattered and a white t-shirt that said 90’s on it. Then I put on my black vans, yeah I was going sockless. I ran out of the bathroom and grabbed my phone, An Abundance of Katherines (Because I had finished The Maze Runner), and my reading glasses. I put my reading glasses on so it would be one less thing to carry then I slipped my phone into my pocket. One benefit about wearing boyfriend jeans is that you actually have pockets and you can ACTUALLY fit stuff in them. I then opened my book to where I had left off on the plane at chapter nine as we walked to breakfast.

“You’re still such a nerd. Like every time we are in the elevator you have your glasses on and you’re reading. It is adorable,” Nash says in this teasing kind of way.

“Good to know,” I say without looking up from reading, I wasn’t going to lose my place to comment to him, that honestly wasn’t that important.

The elevator doors open and we all file out and into the breakfast area. I grab what I did the first day, a blueberry muffin, lemon poppy seed muffin, cocoa puffs, and a yogurt. I sit down at a table and wait for the other guys to join me.

“Excuse me, but you’re sitting in my seat,” I look up to see a lady probably around Cameron’s age maybe a bit older like 20.

“Oh I am so sorry I thought this table wasn’t occupied I will move I am so sorry,” I say as I get up and close my book to make it easier.

“Haha, no it’s fine you can sit with me if you would like,” She says, and I would feel rude if I just left so I sat back down.

“My name is India,” She says extending her hand. Interesting.

“Hahaha that is so funny my middle name is India,” I say as I shake her hand.

“Really? How odd,” She says.

“My first name is Malia, my brother gave me my middle name. He is sitting over….there,” I say and point to him when I find him. She turns around and looks at him. He sees us, and I wave to him and he awkwardly waves back, looking slightly confused.

“His name is Cameron he’s 19, I’m 16,” I say.

“I’m 18,” She says. Well I was off about the age but I was pretty close.

“Do you live around here?” I ask as a conversation starter.

“Well no, I am here because my little sister who is a bit younger than you are wants to see these Magcon Boys or something,” She says. I almost spit out my cereal but I kept my cool.

“How old is she?” I ask. India obviously doesn’t know anything about Magcon because she would have recognized Cameron in a heartbeat.

“She is 14 almost 15,” She says.

“What’s her name?” I ask.

“Sambrita, but we all call her Sammy or Sam because she doesn’t like her full name,” She tells me with a small laugh.

“Why are you here? Is it just you and your brother are you here for the Magcon thing too?” She asks. If only she knew.

“Well we are here for the Magcon thing, and no I am here with a bunch of my friends. Well they are Cameron’s friends but I have become close with them as well,” I say, it is so nice having a conversation with someone who doesn’t judge you for your fame and stuff.

“That’s so cool!” She says.

“Yeah.”

“I thought Magcon was more of a girl thing though, why is your brother coming and all of his friends?” She asks. “Not that boys can’t go it was just that to my knowledge the fan base was mostly girls,” she quickly rushes out and I smile.

“Um, well, I wanted to hold off telling you this because it was nice to have a normal conversation with you, but my brother and all of his friends including me. We are Magcon,” I say to her. I just see her eyes widen and her jaw fall open.

“Oh my god. Sammy will kill me if she finds out about this, she is currently in the room because she didn’t want to come down,” India says starting to panic.

“Hey, it’s okay I am sure that any of the boys would be happy to sign something for her. Do you have VIP passes?” I ask. She shakes her head.

“Well now you do, give me one second,” I say and I walk over to where Cameron and the rest of the guys are.

“Who is this?” Cam asks.

“India,” I say with a smile, I knew the name would catch his attention.

“Do you know her?” he asks.

“I do now, but can we give them two VIP passes because I had a really nice conversation with her when she didn’t know who I really was and her little sister who is Hayes’ age is really excited to meet you guys so yeah, do we happen to have two extra VIP passes?” I ask with a sweet smile on my face.

“We can probably get them in,” Nash says looking over his shoulder at me.

“Thanks!” I say and I walk back over to India.

“We will get them to you before the event happens. VIP event starts at 8am so just show up at the building and we will handle the rest,” I tell her.

“Did you want anything signed for Sammy?” I ask her.

“Yeah sure but I don’t know who is who and I don’t know who she loves more etc.,” She says. I laugh, I like India.

“How about we all sign something,” I say and I drag India over to the guys. India was pretty I am not going to lie. She had shoulder length hair that was ombre, she was pretty tan, and she was fairly tall. Not really tall but tall compared to me. She was probably 5’7. However her eyes were gorgeous. They were like pure green. Not even hazel just a deep green. She wore boyfriend jeans just like me, a simple white tank top with a cream sweater over it and black flats.

“Boys this is India. India these are the boys,” I say introducing them.

“Hi guys,” She said waving her hand awkwardly. Yeah this was kind of awkward.

“I’m Cameron, her brother,” Cameron was the first to introduce himself, I could tell he liked her a bit and maybe she liked him. My match making skills were awesome.

“I’m Matt,” Matt said waving. She waved back.

“Aaron.”

“Taylor.”

“Carter.”

“Shawn.”

“Shawn! That’s who it was. Sorry, my little sister was telling me about you guys and I couldn’t remember anything for the life of me but I remember that she really likes you Shawn,” India says. I think I saw Shawn blush a bit. They are the same age I thought. Well close enough.

“Anyways continue,” She said.

“I’m Nash.”

“Hayes.”

“Jack G.”

“Jack J.”

“Well it’s nice to meet all of you, do you by any chance think you could sign this for me,” She pulled out a Magcon t-shirt she had in her purse.

“Sammy is going to make me change into this so I will give her mine and I will wear hers,” She says laying it out on the table.

“Sure, does anyone have a sharpie?” Nash asks. India reaches in her bag and finds one. She hands the sharpie to me first because I am the closest. I sign it Malia Dallas with a heart.

“You’re left handed?” I hear Matt ask.

“Ambidextrous,” I say, handing the sharpie to Cameron who also signed. Then the pen went around until we had all signed the shirt. I handed India back the shirt and the pen.

“Thank you guys so much Sammy would have killed me if I had met you and didn’t come back with anything! Well I will see you later,” She says as she waves and walks to the elevators.

“She was nice. I like her,” I say. I then walk back over to where I was sitting and I picked up my food and ate what I could then dumped my stuff. I picked up my book and we headed straight to the limousine because it was already 7:12am. We got to the building at 7:32am. We headed inside past the fans who were in line. I left my book in the limousine because I didn’t want to have to carry it around with me.

We were chucked our mics and we went onstage to do sound check. I was more comfortable this time because I feel like I have grown closer to the guys. So when it was my turn I just said,

“NAAA SAVENA WODA DEES SINA MO VEN YA VEN YA NAAA SAVENA WODA DEES SINA MO!” I shouted out the beginning of the circle of life from lion king. I was in that kind of mood.

“Alright you’re good Malia,” The voice says. I still don’t know his name.

“I really want to watch Lion King now,” I say with a pout as we walk off stage. We had sometime before the VIP event started. I needed to remember that India and Sammy would be here as well and I had to get them in past the security guards or get them two extra VIP badges. I looked around for Bart, maybe he could give me two extra passes.

“BART!” I shout waving my hand so he will see me. He notices me then he walks over.

“What’s up Malia?” He asks leaning down a bit so he can hear me.

“Well I was wondering if you would by any chance have two extra VIP passes. We met this girl and she was really nice to me and she has a younger sister who really likes the guys so I told her we would get her and her sister in,” I tell him. He nods his head while I speak as if comprehending it. “Well?” I ask.

“I can check in the back to see if we have any extra passes if not I will just let the security guards know that they can come in,” He tells me.

“Thank you so much!” I say to him.

“No problem kiddo,” He says then walks away. Well now that, that’s taken care of.  I am kind of bored now, and I don’t know what to do. I wish I brought my book now, even though I said I didn’t want to have to carry it. Maybe I will start liking purses. I could learn to like them, I guess. I pull out my phone and check the time. 7:53. Okay I can deal with 7 minutes of boredom. I open up Twitter. Yeah I was going to stalk people.

I just got an idea for a YouTube video. I am going to write these down. I open up the note pad app thingy and started typing out ideas.

YouTube Video Ideas

Read fan tweets

Rants (In general)

Read comments on Tumblr or Instagram

List of (Music/Books/etc.)

Rules of grammar

How I feel about_______

“Mals, were about to go on, stop playing on your phone,” Cameron says. I look up and I realize that I had spent the last five or so minutes on this list. I felt it was a good effort. I shoved my phone into my front pocket. YEAH MY FRONT POCKET! I love the fact that I actually have front pockets in these jeans.

OH! I can add that to the list. I make a quick mental note to add girl’s clothing to the list because the music had started and people were running out. I was the last person to run out like the first time we did it. The stools were set up and we all sat down on them once again. The guys start talking to the fans. I pull out my phone even though I said I wouldn’t and I quickly Vine all of the fans screaming. It felt good to know that these people were here because they thought we were funny, talented, or whatever.

“Let’s get some questions!” I hear Matt shout to the fans and I see a bunch of girls with their hands raised. I wonder where India and Sammy are. I don’t want to give them special treatment because India was really nice to me, because I feel like that is unfair and it is what always happens. Like when John Green writes in The Fault in Our Stars how most cancer books are about someone with cancer and they start a foundation to cure cancer etc. However in An Imperial Affliction Anna starts a fundraiser called The Anna Foundation for People with Cancer Who Want to Cure Cholera because she thinks the idea of starting foundations to cure cancer is too overused. That may not be the best example but that was how I felt in that situation.
I start thinking… well this will be a long and deep thought.

Whenever you really like someone who is a celebrity it’s hard for them to notice you because you are not the only one who likes them. They try to be nice and follow as many people as possible, however I feel that they should follow the people who aren’t screaming with their tweets that they love them so much or that if you follow them it will make them the happiest person in the world, because those fans are the ones who get noticed. There are fans out there who simply missed your tweet about having a follow spree or have tried but given up because you failed to notice them all the other times. Those are the fans I want to reach, I want to reach the fans who don’t think I notice them. I want to reach the other fans too but I feel like sometimes the fans who are silent need it the most.

I know what it is like to want a celebrity to notice you and you do everything you can for them to follow you or something, but in the end nothing happens. It’s not their fault they try their hardest to please everyone, but that isn’t their job. However those fans that you didn’t get to have feelings. They are not just statistics on your twitter profile, Vine, or Instagram. They are people not numbers and while the celebrities don’t intentionally mean to make their fans feel this way. That is how they feel. Celebrities see their fans as numbers, they don’t know all of your names or when you were born, and they don’t mean to see you as numbers that is just how the brain works. Yet when a fan looks at a celebrity they know almost everything about you.

Love is a two way street just like Matt said. You can’t have one person doing all the work. I sound so… I don’t know just weird thinking about this because I guess I am sort of a celebrity now myself and I am going to end up seeing my fans as numbers no matter how hard I try to avoid it.

But I just feel if I get it off my chest my point will come across to practically no one because this is in my head.

But again, love is a two way street, the thing is there is more than one definition of love. The love that celebrities have for their fans is the appreciation kind. They appreciate the love and support that the fans deliver, yet the love from a fan is so much more intimate. They watch you every day on Vine or YouTube or on TV whatever it is you do, and they laugh, cry, smile, etc. You make them feel all these different emotions and you don’t even realize it. Yet you only see them as a fan, and you don’t intend for it to be that way, it’s just how it happens. This reminds me of Margo Roth Spiegleman’s weird capitalization rule. She capitalizes The random small words That seem unimportant But In reality If you didn’t Have those words, you would Be stuck. I feel like it is that way with fans, they are so important to a celebrity’s career but they don’t get the credit they deserve. They don’t get recognized for it. Sure the celebrity can tweet an ‘I love you guys’ every once in a while but the fans deserve so much more than that. They gave you your dream.

Honestly I feel really bad for fans. For the girls who love all of the boys in Magcon (or any male celebrity) I feel bad, because they are stuck in the fanzone. It’s worse than the friend zone the fanzone is that relationship between a celebrity and a fan yet you don’t even know each other. The fan meets the celebrity and ten minutes later the celebrity can’t remember their name yet ten years later that moment for the fan is still engraved in their mind and they remember every detail about it. Why can’t we all just somehow manage to know each other? I want to know all of my fans and everything about them because they did that much for me why can’t my brain do that much for them?
Maybe I can make a video about that so my fans understand how I feel about them. I don’t want to call them my fans I want them to have a name, because by calling them my fans I feel as if I am sorting them into a group and categorizing people, when that is not what I am doing.

Why do I have such random and deep thoughts at the wrong times???

“MALIA!!!” A loud voice pierces through my thought process. I jump.

“Yeah?” I ask slightly dazed.

“Somebody asked you a question about five minutes ago and you are looking at the ceiling like it is the most interesting thing in the world,” Hayes says with a laugh.

“Oh I am so sorry I was thinking really hard about something and I got carried away. Who asked the question?” I ask and Hayes points at a girl.

“What is your name?” I ask, I want to get to know as much as I can about these people.

“Sammy,” she replies. Oh so maybe this is India’s little sister.

“What was your question Sammy?” I ask her.

“I wanted to know what your favorite book was,” She said reiterating her question as a statement.

“Oh that is really hard, because I love so many. I really like John Green books, sorry to be cliché, but John Green has a way of understanding the teenage brain/mind that blows me away. His books are not cliché which is rare because you always want a happy ending but he exposes you to the painful truth. He demonstrates the cruelness of reality. Even though in The Fault in Our Stars we all wanted Augustus Waters to live, John Green let’s reality take over and he dies. Yet we all accept it because John Green writes the book in a way that says, even though he is gone, life goes on. We all read books that are cliché because we like imagining a world where everything will be okay. It’s not our fault, its human nature. I love getting lost in books and reading all of this cliché stuff because I am a girl, not going to deny it. However books like the one’s John Green writes reminds you to not completely lose yourself in a world full of books and stereotypes because there is a real world out there and you not the only one living in it. Those are the books that save you, not from taking your life but from wasting it. They bring us back to the cruelness that is reality, as much as we hate it we have to accept that it is where we are because where else can we go? You can’t live your life hiding behind books because reality is still there and pretending to be oblivious of it, doesn’t make it go away, I wish it did but it doesn’t. People choose to be oblivious because it is easier than recognizing the problem and actually doing something about it. But to me John Green is like Buddha reincarnated or something. I also really like Si-Fi. John Green is my favorite author as of now but I have yet to read a book that completely blows me away. A book that is so special and rare that advertising my affection for it would feel like a betrayal,” I say with a wink to Sammy as I quote John Green. “I also don’t want to categorize something as my favorite anything because there is always something I haven’t read, seen, heard, or tried yet that could be ten times more fascinating and I don’t want to pick the first object I see that understands me in a way I haven’t experienced before and say that it is the best whatever. You know what I mean?” I ask finishing off my points. I look at the girls and they all are smiling and nodding their heads.

“Did I answer your question?” I ask unsure.

“Yeah, you’re really deep,” she states which startles me a bit and I pull back with eyes wide, but quickly recover.

“Um, thanks. I guess,” I say back with a small smile.

“Okay now that, that is done. Next question?” Nash asks the crowd. Yeah I guess that was kind of weird. Truth is, I don’t have a favorite book. I just like so many I wouldn’t be able to choose because it depends on my mood. And what I told Sammy was true. I don’t want to classify something as my favorite or the best because when or if I find something more interesting I don’t want to have to leave the other behind. It sounds kind of like relationships. Does this mean I will never settle down? Will I be afraid to love someone not only because of them worrying about me but also because I don’t want to classify something as the best or my favorite? Am I unable to love?

No, you love Cameron, Dad, Gramps, and Grammie. That’s right I do, and no one can replace them, that is one thing I can settle on. I haven’t talked to my grandparents for a while.

Perhaps when I find that book that is so special and rare that advertising my affection feels like betrayal, I will know. I will know that nothing can make me feel the way that this book makes me feel. I will be confident in my decision that, this book will always be my favorite book. I just haven’t read that book yet.

Okay guys, so what did you think of the chapter? Honestly. I know that there isn’t a lot that happens and it exposes you to Malia’s thoughts, but I felt that this showcases how Malia feels about how other people feel. How she knows what it is like to be a nobody. She wants to make her ‘fans’ feel special, because they make her feel special. You need to understand that Malia contemplates about things a lot and then she goes into detail about them. She likes explaining things and understanding how things work. She loves to read, she loves being smart. She doesn’t mind when she is called a nerd.

Réponses means answers in French.

I hope you guys liked the chapter!!

xoxo

-simplicational's queen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 40 27
What happens when a girl meets the Magcon Boys and falls for Nash and Cameron? Will she treat them the same as her dad? Or will she change? Will she...
105K 1.2K 30
Olivia Dallas, yes, Cameron Dallas's sister is very close with Cam. When he finds out Olivia can come to the MAGCON tour with him, he is very excited...
11.7M 230K 95
Highest Rank: #19 First Book: Badly Written!! Read at your own risk LOL! Kaye is Cameron Dallas little sister. What happens when a few of the Magcon...
535K 10.3K 41
Sabrina Dallas is positive that all Magcon boys only care about themselves. She has always refused to go along with her older brother, Cameron Dallas...