Our Secret

By Licutie269

Coralina Routledge, twin sister of John Booker Routledge, needs a distraction from the chaos of her life. He... More

Our secret November Part 1
Our Secret November Part 2
Our Secret December 3
Our Secret Christmas Part 4
New Years Eve Part 5
Our Secret January Part 6
Our Secret Valentine's Day Part 7
Our Secret February Part 8
Our Secret March Part 9
Our Secret April Part 10
Our Secret Sophomore Social Part 11
Our Secret Aftermath 1 Part 12
Our Secret Aftermath 2 Part 13
Our Secret May Part 14
Our Secret Memorial Day Part 15
Memorial Day 2 Part 16
June Part 17
June 2 Part 18
4th of July/July Part 19
Pilot 1 Our Secret Part 20
Pilot 2 Our Secret Part 21
Pilot 3 Our Secret Part 22
Pilot 4 Our Secret Part 23
Lucky Compass 1 Part 24
Lucky Compass 2 Part 25
The Forbidden Zone 1 part 26
The Forbidden Zone 2 Part 27
The Forbidden Zone 3 Part 28
Spy Games 1 Part 29
Spy Games 2 Part 30
Midsummers 1 Part 31
Midsummers 2 Part 32
Parcel 9 (1) Part 33
Parcel 9 (2) Part 34
Parcel 9 (3) Part 35
Parcel 9 (4) Part 36
Dead Calm 1 Part 37
Dead Calm 2 Part 38
The Runway 1 Part 39
The Runway 2 Part 40
Bell Tower 1 Part 41
The Phantom 1 Part 42
The Phantom 2 Part 43
Cleo Part 44
The Gold 1 Part 45
The Gold 2 Part 46
The Heist 1 Part 47
Prayers 1 Part 48
Homecoming 1 Part 49
Homecoming 2 Part 50
The Darkest Hour 1 Part 52
My Druthers 1 Part 53
My Druthers 2 Part 54
My Druthers 3 Part 55
Bonfire 1 Part 56
Bonfire 2 Part 57
The Cross 1 Part 58
The Cross 2 Part 59
Trapped 1 Part 60
Trapped 2 Part 61
Coastal Venture 1 Part 62
Coastal Venture 2 Part 63
Poguelandia 1 Part 64
Pouguelandia 2 Part 65
The Bells 1 Part 66
The Bells 2 Part 67
Fathers and Sons Part 68
The Diary Part 69
Heists 1 Part 70
Heists 2 Part 71
The Dark Forest 1 Part 72
Dark Forest 2 Part 73
Happy Anniversary Part 74
Happy Anniversary 2 Part 75
Tapping the Rudder Part 76
Tapping the Rudder 2 Part 77
Welcome to Kitty Hawk Part 78
Welcome to Kitty Hawk 2 Part 79
Secret of the Gnomon part 80
Secret of the Gnomon Part 81

Homecoming 3 Part 51

2.2K 32 2
By Licutie269

After a second round in the bedroom Coral and JJ headed back outside where the others were laughing in the hot tub together.  Whooping JJ lifted her into the hot tub before jumping in beside her.

"Pogue style!" he yelled grabbing a beer and toasting John B.  

"You're really gonna pretend like you weren't just in there doing unforgivable things to my sister?"

"Oh John B, they're in love and married.  Leave them alone," Sarah told the boy as she saluted JJ and Coral with her beer.

"So it's official?"

Sitting down in the hot tub JJ pulled Coral onto his lap, "It is," he confirmed wrapping his arms around her.

"I guess congrats are in order then," John B conceded as he also toasted the couple.

"Right back at you," JJ said looking between John B and Sarah. 

"To marriage be it legal or not," Coral declared.

"To friendship," Pope toasted.  "To the Pogues!" Kie chimed in.

"To being home," John B added with a smile. 

"Hallelujah," JJ cried.

"It's like a weights been lifted off of him," Kie commented later as she and Coral sat around the fire together as they watched JJ and Pope wrestling with each other.

"We're all gonna be okay as long as we stick together," Coral responded, "How bad is it gonna be, really, when you go home?"

"They're talking boarding school," Kie admitted. 

"Shit!"

"Yep."

"Alright I'm out," Pope declared after wrestling JJ to the ground.

"Uh, oh, did you have one to many beers?" JJ teased as Pope walked off down towards the water. 

Humming Kie stood up, "Don't wait up," she told Coral before heading in the direction Pope went.

"Really!" Coral laughed.

"Way to be discreet!" JJ called.

"You're one to talk," John B said as Sarah laughed next to him.

"True," JJ conceded before pulling Coral up, "Lets dance Baby Girl."

Dancing around the yard Coral was laughing hysterically at JJ's over exaggerated dance moves, "You're so ridiculous," she said as he twirled her around.

Catching sight of a carving on the tree Coral stopped and focused on the area that had been carved away with both John B and her name carved into the tree.

"Did you do this?" she questioned when JJ stood next to her. 

Staring at the memorial for the twins they'd made he nodded, "P4L, Pogues for life.  I tattooed it on my ankle along with your name," he told her.

Tracing the lettering on the tree she turned and hugged him, "I love you."

"I love you too," he told her wrapping his arms around her.

"Cute art project," John B commented as he walked up behind the two, "You probably killed the tree though."

Laughing the three looked at the tree, "Yeah, probably," JJ agreed.

Looking at John B, JJ smiled, "I freaking missed you man," he admitted letting go of Coral and hugging his best friend.

"I missed you too," John B replied squeezing JJ.

Sniffling the boys let go of each other; John B grabbing a beer and heading back to the fire with Sarah as JJ wrapped an arm back around Coral.

"You two are like my favorite bromance," Coral teased him as they walked back towards the fire.

"Shut up," he replied as she laughed.

Hearing the HMS Pogue pulling away from the dock JJ let out a whoop, "All right!"

"Have a good time!" Sarah called, watching Kie and Pope driving away in the boat.

"He jacked your boat, bro."

"Probably learned that shit from you and Coral," John B replied, "Pope's poking in the Pogue," he muttered rolling his eyes.

Laughing Coral cut herself off when she heard a car door, "Guys, guys," she shushed John B and JJ as she turned the Bluetooth off, "I swear I heard something," she told them looking out into the dark.

"All I hear are the chickens," JJ stated as be began to cluck.  Putting her hand over his mouth she told him to be quiet, "JB, I heard something," she insisted. 

Nodding, John B told JJ to help her and Sarah climb the tree as he kicked dirt over the fire pit.

Hurrying to the tree, JJ gave her a boost up.  Scrambling up into the branches Sarah followed her up with JJ right behind her.

Climbing up and around Sarah, JJ settled himself on the branch with Coral, "Who do you think it is?" he whispered as John B climbed up into the tree with them.

"Shhhh," he shushed him as Rafe stepped into the back yard.

Sucking in a breath at the sight of the boy who had killed the sheriff Coral grabbed JJ's hand.

"Where did you go?" Rafe questioned looking around the yard.

Flinching at the sound of glass breaking inside the house Coral bit her lip as Barry flung the porch door open and stomped his way into the backyard.

"Yo, you find anything?" Rafe asked.

"No, nothing," Barry responded.

"They were obviously just here based off the smoke!" Rafe yelled pointing to the fire pit.

"Great observation, Boy Scout."

"I'm just saying they're obviously not far.  They're around here somewhere," Rafe said angrily as he circled the yard, stopping in front of the tree they hid in as he stared at the words carved into the tree.

"P4L," Barry read over Rafe's shoulder, "Yo, you need to let that girl go," he said slapping Rafe on the shoulder, "And your sister looks like she's a Pogue for life too."

"Don't talk about Coralina," Rafe warned lifting the gun he held. 

Laughing Barry rolled his eyes, "You think that girl is gonna give you the time of day.  Shit, you're stupider then I thought, Country Club.  Same with your sister."

From where Coral sat up in the tree she could see a noticeable change come over Rafe as he turned back to look once again at the tree with her and John B's names carved into it.

"Shit!" he yelled, raising the gun and firing at the tree. 

Whimpering Coral stared wide eyed at JJ when he put his hand over her mouth as Rafe continued firing at the tree.

"Yo, calm down, Bro!" Barry yelled grabbing Rafe's arm causing bullets to fly in their direction.

Closing her eyes she felt JJ flinch back pulling her with him as a bullet hit the branch in front of them.

"Chill your shit out!" Barry was yelling below them, "You're gonna get our asses caught! Let's go," he said pushing Rafe out of the yard.

Breathing heavily JJ shifted to look at the bullet hole in the branch not even a foot away from them, "Holy shit," he whispered, "Are you okay?" he questioned wiping Coral's tears away.

"I think so," she breathed out.

"What do we do?" Sarah whispered.

"They could come back," JJ said as John B began to climb down out of the tree.

"We'll stay in the work shed," he decided helping Sarah down, "At least until Kie and Pope get back with the Pogue."

"They could be gone for awhile.  Kie said don't wait up," Coral told them as JJ helped her down.

"Great, Pope's finally getting some and we're getting shot at," JJ muttered.

Coral tried to sleep while JJ and John B said they'd stay awake waiting for Kie and Pope to get back or even for Barry and Rafe to return but it was near impossible. 

Every little sound from outside would make her jump awake. 

Hearing a boat pull up early the next morning JJ peaked around the door, "It's Kie and Pope," he announced taking Coral's hand and leading her out of the shed, "Finally," he muttered as they hurried down the dock where Kie was tying the Pogue off.

"Yo, no! Don't tie up we have to go!" JJ yelled down to Kie. 

"What?"

"We're dipping," JJ replied.  "Rafe knows we're here," Coral told them jumping into the boat along with JJ.

"Where were you guys?" John B questioned as he helped Sarah down to the boat, "We were up all night waiting for you."

"We slept on the break," Pope answered.

"Yeah slept," JJ snorted.

Ignoring JJ Pope questioned how Rafe knew they were there.

"Don't know but we gotta get the hell out of here," John B replied, taking a hold of the wheel and steering the boat back the way Pope had come from.

Anchoring the Pogue the friends waded through the shallow water settling down on the grass around the break.

"So, if Rafe and Barry know then it's only a matter of time before everyone knows," Kie reasoned out.

"I told you, we should've gone South," JJ said as he paced.

"I know. I know," John B said running his hands over his face tiredly.

"I have an idea," Sarah spoke up, "With me back my dad's gonna have to choose between me and Rafe."

"Sarah," John B began before she cut him off.

"He's gonna choose me," she insisted.

"Sarah, please listen," John B pleaded, "Ward keeps lying to you, Sarah."

"He's not gonna agree after everything that's happened," Coral spoke up.

"No, I know it sounds crazy."

"Yeah, it does," Coral snapped.

"I know!" Sarah cried, "But he's my dad and I know him.  And I know that he loves me.  I'm just asking for two hours," she told them looking around at them all.

Getting to her feet when Coral shrugged, Sarah walked towards where the Pogue was waiting. 

Throwing his hands in the air JJ walked away as John B called out to Sarah and jogged over to her.

Getting to her feet, Coral followed after JJ, "Hey!" she called after him.

Pausing to wait for her to catch up he took her hand and continued into the nearby trees, "This is a mistake," he said as they sat down against a tree together. 

"I know, but he's her dad.  She's not gonna see him the same way we do," Coral replied leaning her head against his shoulder.

"I know you didn't sleep last night," JJ whispered, "Take a nap, Baby Girl."

Laying down Coral placed her head in his lap drifting off to sleep as he stroked her hair. 

"Guys, Sarah's back!" Kie called from the tree line causing Coral to blink awake.  

"How long was she gone?"

"Not that long," JJ answered as he helped her up, "So that either means it went really well or really bad," he said as they hurried back to the beach.

"Sarah!" Kie called waving. 

"How did it go?" John B asked helping Sarah out of the boat as JJ anchored it to the beach.

"You guys were right," she admitted, "It didn't work."

"Well then that settles it then.  We need to load up in the paddy wagon and get the heck out of dodge right now," JJ said.

"Right, you'll need supplies and you'll have to split as soon as possible," Pope agreed.

"Guys, I think it's to late," Kie stated staring out towards the water. 

Whipping around at the sound of police sirens Coral gasped at the sight of several police boats coming their way, "They followed you here!"

"Stay on the beach with your hands in the air!"

Digging into his bookbag JJ pulled out his gun, "Lets go!" he yelled grabbing Coral's hand and yanking her behind him. 

Running through the surrounding woods Coral looked back to find her brother helping Sarah who was clutching her bullet wound.

"She can't run like this," she whispered as JJ led her through the marsh grass.  Stumbling down an embankment they hit a body of marsh water, "Swim!" JJ told her as he let go of her hand to help Sarah down into the water.

Swimming after Kie and Pope, Coral could hear the others splashing behind her along with police yelling in the distance, "Come on," Pope said helping her out of the water when they made it to the other side. 

Grabbing her hand Kie ran up the embankment and pulled her down behind a tree to wait for the others.

"We're trapped," Coral realized as the police were following them across the marsh water and coming in from behind them too, "JB, what do we do?"

"We gotta make a stand," JJ said taking his bandana out he began wiping his gun off taking the clip out to get the water out of it.  

Watching John B's face, Coral knew what he was going to do, "No.  No, JB," she cried.

Swallowing John B looked at her, "I have to Coralina."  Taking the gun from JJ, John B shook his head, dropping it to the ground, "It's gonna be alright.  Take care of my sister," he told his best friend.  

"Here we go," John B whispered stepping away with his hands up as JJ kicked dirt over the fallen gun. 

Crying Coralina let go of Kie and stood up next to JJ, "Don't Coral," John B warned her as he turned to face the police.

"Shoupe, I want to testify," John B called to the officer.

"It's about damn time.  Get down and don't move," Shoupe ordered, "The rest of you don't move."

Going to his knees John B kept his hands raised, "I'm turning myself in.  The other's had nothing to do with anything.  My sister, Shoupe, she goes free.  She didn't do anything wrong."

"Neither did he!" Coral cried stepping forward, halting as several guns swung her way.

"Coralina, don't you move," Shoupe told her, "Thomas, cuff him and get him up."

Grabbing John B roughly Officer Thomas yanked him up before throwing him back to the ground, "Stop!" Coral screamed alongside the rest of her friends.  Watching as Thomas kicked her brother over and over Coralina rushed forward only to be caught by the arm by Officer Plumb.

Screaming Coral swung around balling her fist up and connecting with the officer's cheek.  Grabbing her face Plumb let go of Coral who took that moment to charge Thomas and shove him away from her brother, "What the fuck is the matter with you!  He's innocent!"

Feeling arms come around her she immediately started screaming as she was wrestled to the ground and handcuffed.

"Get the fuck off of her!"

"Let her go!"

"They didn't do anything!"

"You're just gonna let this shit go, Shoupe!"

Crying as she watched Thomas lift her brother to his feet and then punch him straight in the face Coral felt the bile rising in her throat. 

Not being able to get up with the knee pressing into her back she threw up out of the side of her mouth choking and gagging.

"Get off of her! She's fucking choking! Let her up!" JJ yelled as Coral continued to gag on the ground, "Shoupe!"

"She's not faking!  She's got anxiety!"

Feeling the person move off her back she was yanked up to her feet where she began to dry heave.

"I can help her!  Damn it Shoupe!"

"Let him go! Let him go!" she heard Shoupe yelling and then JJ was there in front of her.

"Coral, Baby, I need you to breathe," he told her grabbing her face and forcing her to look at him.

"He didn't do anything!" she cried.

"I know!  I know, and we'll prove it, but I need you to calm down you're making yourself sick," he said using his shirt to wipe her face.

Feeling the handcuffs unlock from around her wrists Coral's knees buckled causing her to collapse into JJ's arms.

"Take her home," she heard Shoupe say from behind them. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 73 12
❗️DISCONTINUED❗️ OUTERBANKS: Y/N Routledge and John B Routledge are siblings, just a couple months apart. They grew up side by side, together forev...
268 4 9
Charlotte Routledge, John B's half sister, is a pogue. John B is her older brother. Charlotte was born just a year after him when her and John B's mo...
85.5K 536 36
Sav Routledge thought her summer was going to be completely laid back until her brother and friends found a wreck in the marsh that brought up a lot...
13K 109 30
Naomi Blaire Routledge the twin sister to John B Routledge has had a crush on her twins best friend JJ Maybank for as long as she can remember. She's...