Painted Rose

By VicMalfoy19

Ever since Harry could remember he has always gotten a red rose on his birthday. Every year a red rose came... More

Proloque
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
Not a chapter
24
25
A/N
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47 (Part 2: Dark mark)
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
Bonus
Ending

5

17.7K 551 63
By VicMalfoy19

Everyone except Hermione stayed away from Harry, yes including Ron. They didn't understand why Harry did it nor did Hermione but she knew he had a good reason and it's not like he was going to use the spell again, except for killing Voldemort.

Over this time Harry was changing.
He didn't smile as much, he didn't talk, he didn't mess around, he really didn't do anything except act more like a... well ah... Slytherin.

People didn't know why but Hermione was happy. She was Harry's best friend which led to her knowing what Harry was really like.
Harry wasn't stupid or a procrastinator but everyone seemed to love it when he made himself stand out... so he did just that... but this way he was just another student not the famous Harry Potter who killed Voldemort once and was destined to do it again.

Dumbledore was one of the very many who didn't like these changes.
Were the spells wearing off or was this just some rebellion to the students who didn't have any faith in Harry.
He didn't know but he didn't like it.

Hermione had started to hang around with Draco more which led to Harry being around Draco more... which led to more of their petty fights but their fights slowly got to the point where it was just playful.
There was no hatred, it was as if they were accepting each other but would bicker as their way of talking.

Hermione was fine with that of course and so was Blaise. It was a lot better than both having to back the other up.

This all happened 5 months ago.. it was the last trial of the triwizard tournament... and Harry.. sadly was caught up in it all.
Mad-eye had become one to give hints and help him.. but Harry was suspicious of why. Mad-eye had tested him in their first lesson together... so why would he be helping?

"Ah my favorite young wizards."

"Oh she's here." sneered Harry. Cedric silently agreed.

Cedric Diggory was a Hufflepuff but Harry and him made a good duo. One helped the other and gave each other information for something in return.. nothing came free in these games.
Life or death.. it's a hard choice to trust someone when that's the cost.

"You are not supposed to be in here." "Oh but I wanted new leads! Scoops!"
"Harry!"

Everyone looked over and Harry was engulfed in a hug. Rita Skeeter gasped dramatically.

"Harry Potter having a girlfriend!"
Hermione and Harry separated at that sentence and looked at Rita like she was crazy.

"No she's my girlfriend get off your high horse." Draco pulled Hermione into him and Harry clapped mockingly. "Shove off Potter." "What an amazing speech!"
"Harry could you not? We are just about to take another risk for our lives." "So I have to stop lightening the mood? Sure let's sit in tense and awkwardness.. first one to reach the goblet wins right?"

Fleur froze from Harry's intense look.
He cleared his throat and pulled his glasses back up.

"Thanks 'Mione but you should get to the stands." Hermione crossed her arms stubbornly and Draco put her over his shoulder.
He walked out after nodding toward Harry and Harry turned back to the other three who were three years older.

Dumbledore stood on a large round stage in the middle of the stadiums and large maze. He stood behind a fancy podium and cleared his throat.

"This final challenge will declare our victor! This maze is full of magical vines and the walls do shift! The vines will kill you and you are allowed to use magic like the other trials!"

Mad-eye limped over to Harry who was tapping his foot quickly.

Harry put on a brave face but the few who knew him could see his nervousness. Butterflies filled Harry's stomach in anticipation for the walls in front of them to fall.

Mad-eye grabbed a hold of his neck.

"I want you to go left. Left is your best option so you do not run into the others."

Harry nodded and Mad-eye let him go, drinking from his flask.

"If you are trapped or can not escape from the vines shoot a red flair into the air by your wand and everything will stop, but that will also conclude that you have failed and can not continue!"

The four young wizards nodded.
Cedric glanced at Harry who tried to shake the nerves off but failed miserably.

"We both come out alive right Harry?" Harry nodded. "That doesn't mean I'll let you win though."

The green vined and grassy walls fell and the four advanced slowly and cautiously.
Harry glanced back and Mad-eye jabbed his finger toward the left. Harry nodded and the wall went back up.

As Harry advanced deeper and deeper into the maze, vines started to try and grab his feet but he dodged them with a spell or jumped out of the way.
Harry kept along the left side but than witnessed something.

A wall was closing in.
It's only been thirty minutes and one flair had gone up...
But this wasn't that person.

Cedric Diggory was running and running very fast.
Harry was about to step out of sight when Cedric fell, caused by a thick vine grabbing his ankle.

"Harry!"

'Fuck!'

Harry rushed over and tired to get the vibe off with the wall quickly coming toward them.

"Lumos!"

The vine shrieked and went back into the darkness of the wall.

"Come on!" Harry hurriedly helped Cedric up and they ran.

The wall was closing in on them but neither was going to give up. Harry hadn't been tricked into this game to give up and Cedric had put his name in voluntarily.
Harry slipped but was close before Cedric as they continued to run from the wall that was closing in on them.

Both passed someone's body, they didn't have enough time to look but both knew it was most likely Victor Krum.

The wall clashed behind them, catching Harry's foot.

"Oh shit!"

Cedric look back to see Harry had face planted. He laughed and Harry hit his arm.

"Shut up Cedric." Cedric smiled but that faded when he saw what Harry was staring at..

It was the goblet.

"You should take it." "What why?" "You saved my life. It's only fair." "You've saved mine during these games too."
Cedric sighed.
"Ok together." "Fine."

"Three."

"Two."

"One."

They grabbed the handle on their side... but it didn't teleport them back to the start... no the goblet teleported them to a graveyard.

"Where are we?" "A graveyard." Cedric rolled his eyes. "No shit Harry.. but why? This goblet was supposed to get us back to the starting where everyone's waiting to see the victor!" "I really had no idea Cedric do tell me more." "Now is not the time for your sarcasm." "Than don't state the obvious."
Both sighed and let the goblet go.

"Maybe if we-Harry?"

He looked over to see Harry looking around a reaper grave.

"Harry now is not the time for you to adventure around." "But I'm curious of why we are here!" "Than worry about that later we have to ge-."

Cedric flew a few feet away as Harry was trapped with his feet dangling off of the ground. Harry held onto the stone scythe that was threatening to crush his throat.

Figures in black cloaks landed in black smoke.
They threw their large hoods back and Harry clenched the stone when he saw an all to familiar face, Peter Pettigrew.

"Harry!"

"We were only supposed to get Harry Potter." "I know that dimwit." "Watch it."

Cedric whipped his wand out but a magnificent green light from someone in the crowd of death eaters stopped Cedric from doing anything.
Harry's eyes widened.

He knew that light. He had used that same spell to kill a spider only just earlier this year.
All of them watched as Cedrics body fell limp to the moist green ground.

"What the fuck was that for?! For merlins sake!"

A death eater walked forward and let his hood fall.
A man who only looked to be about 20 with magnificent blood red eyes and neat jet black hair stood just feet away from Harry.

"Did you care for that boy?" "Boy? Look at yourself."

"Watch the tongue." "Shove off Senior Malfoy." Some of the death eaters snickered and Lucius growled.
The man held a hand up and they went silent.

"Wow what power." "Are you mocking me?" "I thought that was clear." "May I remind you of your position." "Well it's either I piss you off til you also kill me or this thing does."
The man rolled his eyes.

"I am Tom Riddle." "I know." Tom looked at him quite surprised. "I fought your memory once. Your diary memory of I remember correctly." "Oh yes my diary."
Tom shot Lucius a look and he lowered his head.

"How's Dobby by the way?" Lucius glared at Harry and he smirked. "Do you like causing ruckus?" "Well if Barty Jr Crouch has done his job than you should know, yes yes I do." "You knew he was a spy?" "Maybe don't let him teach his "class" the three unforgivable curses on the first day next time."
Tom rolled his eyes at that.
"If I remember correctly you famous Harry Potter casted the killing curse." "Yeah everyone hates me now." Harry nodded to his words. "And your fine with that?" "My own best friend left me because he couldn't muster the courage to say "the killing curse" so yeah I'm ok with it. I'm also fine with the fact you killed one of the people who believed in me." "You are very sarcastic." "It's how I cope." "And you still don't care for your position?" "Huh? Oh I've gone through worse. We may be wizards but muggles know how to beat a child that's for damn sure."

Toms grip tightened at that.

"Anyway~. Why am I still here if your not dead and we're casually chatting?" "Well I suspect you know someone that belongs to me." "Belongs to you? People are objects now?" "No. He is my mate." "Oh~. Ok." Harry nodded. "Do you know of a Harry Lestrange? Or has Dumbledore talked about him at all?" Harry sighed.
"Sorry but I don't. Dumbledore only tells me things like this triwizard crap or about the horcruxes. To put it simple I'm the pet to kill ah~ you~. If you want to know information than go to Dumbledores office open the shelf on the 3rd left and press on the wood in the right bottom corner. A thing will open up and you'll find all of his memories... though there scrambled." "Why are you telling us all of this?" Harry looked at Lucius.
"Oh uh right. Because I don't care! Really all I care about is that sorry excuse of a rat."

Peter flinched and Tom looked back at him.

"What did he do?" "Tried to kill me and my godfather. Remember Peter you stole my wand and wanted to die."
Peter coward from Harry's intense gaze.

Harry sighed.
"Can I get down my legs are asleep?"

Tom snapped his fingers and Harry fell.
He sighed.

"Was that all you wanted?" Tom nodded. "Than I'll be on my way."
"What are you going to say about your friend?" "Oh right thanks."

Harry came back and took a piece of sharp rock.

"I'll tell them lord Voldemort has come back from his loyal servant Peter Pettigrew. Many won't believe me and blame me for Cedrics death but those who at least trust me a little like Dumbledore will.
Dumbledore will start looking for the horcruxes furiously and will die because of it since I'm sure you set traps for morons like him.."

Harry shook his arm so his blood went around his arm.

"It'll all play out from there." Tom nodded.
"Hope you find your mate. I'd rather not fight you in the end."
Harry looked back at them and shook his head.

They watched as tears filled his eyes and began to fall.

"Don't make my efforts go to a waist Tom Riddle."

Harrry grabbed Cedric and the goblet, disappearing in a swirl of blue.
Tom smiled fondly.

"Peter point a wand at him and you die." "Y-yes my lord."
"My lord may I ask why you would protect him." "He is no threat. Harry Potter isn't all he seems so we will leave him be for now." Everyone nodded and flew away in black smoke.

Harry appeared in front of the stadium, screaming and balling over Cedric and everyone went into chaos.

Dumbledore and Mad-eye came over quickly. They ripped him off of Cedrics dead body and Harry fought against them.

"Stop! Stop please!"

Hermione and Draco ran up, helping Mad-eye with Harry as Dumbledore checked Cedrics pulse to find nothing. Amos Diggory ran down.

"My son! My son!"

Tears flowed down his face from the lack of color in Cedrics face and the dullness of Cedrics eyes.

"Amos! Amos calm down!" Dumbledore gripped the old mans shoulder firmly. "My son! H-he killed me son!" "Harry did no such thing!"

Mad-eye threw Harry onto the floor and he scrambled to his feet.

"Sit." Harry obediently did as told and Hermione hugged him but he didn't hug her back.
Harry's shoulders were rigid as his body was tense. The tears continued to flow down his face as Mad-eye seemed to be looking for something.

"Professor shouldn't you be worry about Potter?!" "Get you and your girlfriend out of here Malfoy!"
Draco clenched his fists but did as told.

"No Draco I need to stay with Harry." "Stop it Hermione only Mad-eye can help." stated Draco with gritted teeth.
Hermione looked back at Harry who looked traumatized.

"Come on." Draco hugged Hermione tightly as he dragged her out.

"You ok?" Mad-eye continued to search. "I watched my friend die." Harry was barely audible. "Uhuh. Your a wizard he won't be the last." Harry followed Mad-eye with his eyes. "....What are you looking for?" "Nothing keep talking." Mad-eye handed him a dirty handkerchief. "Voldemort killed him." Mad-eye abruptly stopped and looked at Harry. "He's back?" Harry nodded slowly. "I watched it. They used my blood."
Mad-eye pulled Harry's sleeve up to see a large wound that went from his wrist to his elbow.
He quickly wrapped it so Harry wouldn't die from blood loss and kept looking for a full container of sort.

Dumbledore and McGonagall rush into the office and Dumbledore went straight to Mad-eye.

"What are you doing?" "Looking for something to heal Harry's wound." "Wound?" asked McGonagall. "Harry."
Harry pulled his sleeve up for them to see the badly wrapped wound.
"What happened?" McGonagall began to check the wound. "Voldemort."

Dumbledore and McGonagall froze.

"What my boy?" "Voldemort. He's back... he killed Cedric... h-he tried to kill me..." McGonagall and Dumbledore shared a look before Mad-eye violently started to search for something again.
Dumbledore firmly stopped him and muffled pleas started to erupt through the quiet room.

Dumbledore shut the door as Mad-eye became.. very unsteady.
Dumbledore unlocked the trunk and lifted it to see the... real Mad-eye in nothing but his under white suit.

Dumbledore whipped his head to see Barty Jr Crouch.
His eyes harder and he grabbed Bartys arm harshly.

Barry just laughed as Dumbledore and Snape dragged him out. All that came out of his mouth was "The dark lord shall rule again!"

McGonagall looked back at Harry and sighed.

"Come on Harry let's get you to the hospital wing." Harry tensely nodded and McGonagall took it as the shock from the trauma from Cedric and the revealing of his Professor being Barty Jr Crouch, a death eater.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 60.4K 52
What would have happened if Harry had gotten the diary Horcrux instead of Ginny? Harry is confused about many things. Why won't Dumbledore let him st...
14.2K 288 37
You have always had a crush on the red headed goofy boy, but were always too stubborn to admit it. He starts to reciprocate feelings, but relationshi...
131K 3K 46
On Sunday: Rose Granger-Weasley was the same girl she had always been - the intellectual who had managed through luck and pure stubbornness to avoid...
668 12 6
The summer before Harry's fourth year happens differently. Sirius Black had been saved from a dementor kiss, Later on, Sirius decided to share some i...