Letting her go was the hardes...

By aliciaruby90

An insight into just what Noah may have missed in letting Elle go. Set during and after KB3. NoahxElle All ch... More

2. Elle.
3. Elle.
4. Elle
5. Elle
6. Elle
7. Noah - Part 1
8. Noah - Part 2
9. Elle
10. Noah
11. Elle
Sneak Peek.
12. Elle
BONUS
Author Update and Sneak Peek
New Fic.

1. Noah

2.7K 73 41
By aliciaruby90

Hey lovelies, 

I guess like a lot of you, I have heaps of question based on what happened in KB3. The more I watch it and once I got over the initial shock of what we didn't get, the more I get where the story is coming from and what was set out to be achieved. For me, Noah and Elle end up happily every after....but I just wish we could have gotten a hand hold or kiss at the end. 

As always, if you like what you have read give it a vote or comment. If you new and want an insight about what Elle and Noah's life might have been like, check out my story 'Dear Elle' (was written before KB3 was released). Or if you have read 'Dear Elle' and are just checking out what I did next - thank you for your support as always. 

Enjoy, 

AliciaRuby90 xx

June POV

I headed up the stairs to Noah's room. From how quiet the house was, it seemed he was home alone. He had mentioned to me that he wouldn't be going back to the beach house at all and sooner rather than later he would be heading back to Boston.  

I knew what had happened. It had been an interesting summer to say the very least. I didn't think this would be the outcome, but they were still kids. Kids trying to play adults and deal with so very much.

I knocked on the door and waited for a response before I let myself in.

'Hey', he said. He was lying on his bed watching some TV show that I knew he wasn't really watching at all.

'Hey kiddo', I said as smoothed out the navy quilt before sitting down. It was quiet for a few minutes, before he grabbed the remote and flicked the TV off.

'I take it you heard about Elle and I', he murmured. 

My little boy. Even though he towered over me and he thought he knew the world, I still wanted to take him in my arms and hold him. I could hear the hurt catching in his throat.

'I did', I said nodding. His eyes were downcast as he waited for me to continue. 'I heard it from Lee. I heard it from Rachel and I even heard it from Chloe. But I'm actually hear to hear from you....'

'It's over', he said simply. 'I ended it. I saw how much this summer was hurting her. She had a lot going on and plus everything with Lee. I let her go, she'll be happy at Berkeley'.

I saw his shoulders tense as he moved from the bed and went to stand by the window. He shoved his hands in his pocket and watched as the afternoon summer sun shone.

'Noah' 

He didn't respond or turn to face me. I sighed as I took a breath and carried on.

'Noah. Did you ever think about what Elle wanted? I know your intentions were good....but maybe did you think she wasn't meant for Berkeley either?'

'You talked to her?', he asked as he turned to face me.

I shook my head 'No. But I plan to. I know how much you love her. I know how much Lee loves her and I think that even she knows that. Which is why I think she tried real hard this summer to make everyone happy. Elle, though not biologically, is my daughter and I know her maybe just a little bit better than you do. She was being pulled in every direction, which is why I think she know needs time without you boys.....'

The look Noah shot me was not kind, but I held my hands up. 'Noah, do you know what she wanted to study at Harvard? Do you know what she is passionate about? Those were probably better questions to ask her first before jumping in an suggesting an apartment. So combine the pressure of that and then all the hardships you faced this summer....'

He rolled his eyes 'It wasn't her I didn't trust'

'Regardless', I interrupted him 'If you trusted her, then that should have been the end of subject, no matter how Marco felt'

'You sound like Chloe', he smirked.

'Chloe was right', I laughed as I motioned him back over. He pulled his hands from his pockets and ran them through his hair before scrubbing over his face. He looked so tired.

'I don't think what you did was wrong....and I don't think what you did was right. Elle needs to find out who Elle is and I think without you and Lee around she just might be able to do that. However, given what happened this summer...I'm a little disappointed that you weren't a little more supportive', I argued as he shot me a confused look before sitting down on the bed.

'What?', he asked. I sighed as I pulled out my phone.

'I know about that dinner you had planned the night that they had booked in to do that flash mob. I also know that you weren't too impressed that she was spending so much time with Lee and focusing on 'the bucket list thing'', I started as I flicked through my images and pulled up a video.

'When Lee told us this. We weren't too impressed with the idea. Honestly, your Dad was convinced they were probably going to get arrested,  but we booked a table and went along with it....because were the parents' I laughed. 'Elle came in upset, looking fabulous but upset and only when I insisted did she tell me what had happened. But what I want you to watch, is this....'

I hit play and passed him the video. He smirked as he watched the restaurant come to life and Elle and Lee and the rest of their school friends break out into song and dance. I watched as the smile stayed on his face as he saw Elle bring the room to life and the crowd applauded her for her 'air throw'. A frown formed as that boy Marco passed across the screen, but it disappeared as he watched Elle and Lee race back to their table just as the song concluded. It was silent for a second longer before the restaurant erupted in applause.

'Keep your eyes on Elle', I said as we watched her being embraced by a few friends before pulling her phone from her pocket, glancing at it and running out the door.

Noah clicked the phone shut and passed it to me 'She said she was going to be back in an hour. She was trying to make it home to me'

I nodded 'Yeah. I think maybe if you had focused a little on what she was doing or even have been there...things maybe could have been a little different'

'So your saying this is MY fault?', he jumped from the bed and I stood with him. 'I'm the shit boyfriend who didn't care....'

'Noah, calm down' I warned as he moved around the room. 'This is no ones fault. Not yours and not Elles. I'm trying to show you that in making you, Lee and everyone happy plus dealing with the fact that her Dad is seeing someone, is ALOT to deal with....'

'What?' he asked, his head snapping around to look at me.

'She didn't tell you?', I asked as I toyed with my necklace.

He shook his head 'Mike's got a girlfriend?'

'I don't think they have officially put a label on it. But he is seeing someone. And to a girl who has lost her mother and now seeing that....'

'She wouldn't have been happy', Noah sighed.

'No. So think about all of that okay? Just have a think about it. She was trying really hard to make everyone happy. Be there for her Dad and Brad, while processing that someone could be replacing her Mum. Trying to make Lee happy with completing the bucket list because she chose Harvard over Berkeley and trying to make you happy....by just being herself. Combined with work and other things.....'

It was silent.

'No one is to blame. I just think maybe you should have tried to talk to her before making such a decision. Then after everything was out in the open you could have discussed that maybe...for the moment, you would be better off apart'

He had his head buried in his arms, usually when he was like this I knew he was processing my words. If he didn't want to listen he would have stormed out by now, the sound of his bike echoing down the street.

'Letting her go was the hardest thing I had to do', he said as he raised his head and I could see the redness around his eyes.

'Oh baby', I said getting up and wrapping my arms around his shoulders. 'Your never truely going to let her go. You will always have one eye on what she is doing and I'm sure if she needs it, which I don't think she will, but if she does you are always going to protect her. Just because your not together, doesn't mean you have to stop loving her'

I held him as I paused, trying to formulate the words in the my head, 'Just because it hasn't worked now. Doesn't mean it won't work sometime again in the future. Love is just a very funny thing and if she is meant to be yours, then she will be. Maybe not now because the timing isn't right, but maybe in a few years time....you will find each other again. But for now the universe, obviously has different things in store for your both. Not necessarily better things....maybe just different'

He pulled away, giving me a kiss on the cheek. 'Still hurts though'

'Unfortunately Noah, that might take a little time', he nodded as he stood up and pulled me in for a hug. 

'Thanks Ma'

'Always', I said as I squeezed his arm, before heading from the room. 

'Ma', I stopped as I turned, catching the expression on his face. 

'Please make sure she is okay?', he asked looking towards the photo of them that he had on his nightstand. 'Just, make she knows and she's okay. Please'

I nodded 'Of course. You know I'll look after our girl'

He smiled, though it didn't reach his eyes as I watched him walk out to his balcony. I sighed as I headed from the room, leaving him to his thoughts which I hoped I had lightened a little. 

***

6 years later.

'June, I think you got a message', Matthew called as I walked back into the kitchen and headed to my phone on the bench. I grabbed it and saw Noah's name flash on the screen. 

Given that he had finally decided on LA as his firm of choice, I knew he was going to be back in town from Boston. However what he was doing messaging me this late, I had no idea. 

'Who was it?' Matthew asked, walking from the table to drop his glass in the sink. 

'Noah', I started as I opened the message to find a photo with a caption. I emitted a tiny squeal as my hand flew to cover my mouth, as tears began to gather in my eyes. I could feel Matthew beside me as he took a look at the message on the screen and started laughing. 

'Looks like there may be another wedding happening in the near future....'

'There may just be', I smiled as looked at the photo he had sent me of him and Elle, happy and still very much in love even though time had definitley moved them forward. 

Looks like you were right. 

We found each other again. 

Love you Ma, N x

Hope you enjoyed it.

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.8K 1.9K 44
Six years after going their separate ways to Harvard and USC, Noah boards a plane bound for LAX hoping that it is not too late to start forever.
70.7K 2.9K 74
So what happened in the six year gap between Noah and Elle's breakup and their reunion at the carnival? I loved the way the ending of TKB3 showed the...
24.8K 319 6
Elle and Noah fought all odds and even after taking their relationship to the other side of the country, Elle got her man. Now, two years in the futu...
3.7K 172 9
So... The Missing Years was the first book I wrote on here and frankly the first time I'd written a full work of fiction, ever. So, I wasn't confiden...