Retreat into Darkness

By helswrites

#1 in sword fighting #3 in darkforest #7 in weapons #12 in gory #25 in mysterious (THIS BOOK HAS MANY GRAMMA... More

Don't go into the Darkness
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Welcome the Darkness
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 58

2.7K 89 60
By helswrites

Allaura Aislinn

"Allaura?"

I turn away from my friends and see my father.

"Dad." I smile brightly and run into his open arms.

"I'm so glad you're safe." He says and places his cheek on my forehead.

"Me too." I mumble and let go of him. "It's finally over dad. We can get mom now." I suggest and his face lights up.

"Yes, yes we can." He grins and kisses my cheek. "I'll go ask Alek how he traveled." He squeezes me one last time before disappearing through the sea of bodies.

The ground is piled up with dead bodies, bodies of our soldiers and Diona's. We've covered Katlynne with a large cloth, giving her some type of peace.

It doesn't feel real, having her gone. Even Katlynne. . . I killed Kate, but I didn't have a choice she would have killed Dominic and I couldn't have lived with that. But I took away her life, a life that I used to be in—she was my best friend. But Diona got to her, brainwashed her and now i've lost two of my close friends.

"Hey." I hear Caspian say softly, touching my shoulder. "You alright?"

I smile up to him, seeing his light brows eyes staring intensely into my own. "I am." I say truthfully looking directly at him. "I am." I say once again and smile to him.

I'm okay because he came back home to me.

"I was so scared." I admit and he frowns. "I felt something weird in my chest and it pulled me to you, and when I saw you-" I shake my head when the memories rush back. "I never want to have to see that ever again."

"You won't." He says. "Because you did it, you ended this war, Allaura. You did. We are all alive because of you."

I look at the covered bodies of my two dead friends. "But at what cost?" I whisper.

"I'm so sorry they are gone. But you cannot put the blame on yourself, do you understand me? Aura, look at me." He grips my chin softly and turns my head to him. "It isn't your fault. You saved us all, war comes with loss and i'm so sorry that you were the one who had to endure that loss."

"I didn't want to kill her." I shake my head. "But I didn't have a choice, she was going to kill Dominic and I—I couldn't have lived with that. I asked her to stop, I screamed for her to stop but she—I just,"

"I know." Caspian takes my head in his hands. "I know, Aura love." His thumb brushes my cheek and I lean into his touch. "But you still have me, you still have us." He jerks his chin over his shoulder, directing my attention to Dominic, Landon and Jo. "And you won't be losing us anytime soon."

I nod and push my tears away before bringing his face down onto my own, and kissing him.

It's a long, deep and breathtaking kiss. He pulls me by my waist and presses our bodies together.

"Now is not the time to have a quickie!" Jo's voice yells from behind Caspian.

He groans when he tears his lips from mine. "Shut up." He says over his shoulder and brings me to his side.

We walk over to the three of them and they all smile.

"We're okay." They all nod at my words. "We're alive."

"Not all of us." Dominic says softly and looks over to Aeryn's covered body. Pain glistens in his eyes but when he blinks, it's gone.

"We don't have to worry anymore." I say and Jo sighs.

"Thank christ." She says and grabs Landon by the neck and kisses him.

Oh wow.

Landon keeps his eyes wide for a second before he slowly brings his hands to cup her cheek, angling his head to deepen the kiss.

"Oh fuck man. I'm the fifth wheeler?" Dominic groans and slaps a hand over his face.

Jo pulls away with a snort, leaving Landon in a daze.

"Did you like that pretty boy?" Jo smirks and nudges Landon who still has his eyes wide. "I'm guessing that's a yes."

"Damn, you really did something to him." Dominic laughs and Landon finally shoots a scowl to him.

"Shut up." He mutters embarrassed and his cheeks turn slightly pink.

"Aw, my baby is blushing." Jo coos and starts to pinch his cheeks.

"Stop touching me." Landon grunts and swats her hands away.

"My baby is blushing." Dominic mimics Jo's voice and starts to reach for Landons cheeks.

"Don't touch me."

Dominic doesn't listen.

"STOP!" Landon yells and we all burst out into laughter.

£

"You should get some sleep." Gabriel says when I walk down the stairs.

"I will, I just have something to do." I say and continue down the stairs.

"What is it?"

I stop and turn to look at my dad. "I'm going to watch the stars."

Gabriel frowns at my words but walks back into his office anyway.

I walk to the back of the palace, the same place I practice my magic.

Thankfully it isn't snowing, but there is snow covering the ground. I raise my hand and burn away the smoke before laying down and looking to the sky.

The star covered sky.

The moonlight looks as pale as Aeryn's skin while the black void covering the entire sky looks like her hair.

She looked like the night, and her eyes were the stars. They always twinkled when she spoke about something she loved. . . They sparkled when she talked about Dominic.

I stare at the sky and hold my necklace. I will forever cherish this necklace with everything I have, it was the last thing she ever gave me.

I reach my free hand, bringing it up and imagine touching the sky.

"You got your dream." I whisper into the night. "You're a star now, Aeryn." I smile sadly at the sky and drop my hand to my side. "I never got to say goodbye, but I guess I can say it now." I sigh and close my eyes, feeling the calming wind blow against my skin. "Just, thank you. Thank you for being my friend and talking to me. Thank you for not treating me differently and thank you for loving Dom." My throat tightens at his name. "I wish you didn't have to go." My eyes sting with tears. "You guys deserved so much more than what was given to you."

I shut my eyes and shake my head before looking at the stars again.

You always said you loved the stars, and so I grew to love them too. It's funny to see that they shine alittle brighter now that you've joined them.

I smile at the sky one last time before pushing off the ground and walking back inside.

After the war, we moved the bodies and dumped them into the river. They didn't deserve to stay on such a dead valley. The hardest was seeing Aeryn and Kate go. Dominic didn't want to let her go but we had to do it.

After that we traveled back to the ice nation and I now find myself entering my room.

Caspian lays on his back and is sound asleep. The sight of him being safe in bed—in our bed warms my heart.

When I saw him on the battlefield, I didn't know what to think. I had already lost Aeryn and Kate, I just couldn't lose him, I couldn't lose the love of my life. His own magic saved him. The day I died, he shot his magic into my body and it never escaped, it was trapped inside myself and when I saw him, I was able to release it and put it back into his own body.

I quietly walk over and run my fingers through his soft hair.

I have to cut it for him again.

I smile when he stirs and climb fully on top of him. My chin lays on his soft chest while I look up to him and our legs are tangled together.

His eyes slowly open and he looks down to me. "Hm?" He says tiredly and places his hand on my lower back.

"Your nice to look at." I almost want to laugh thinking back at the conversation we had.

He shoots me a confused look before shaking his head. "Crazy Aura." He mutters and then puts his arms over my body, hugging me to him. "My crazy Aura." He kisses the tip of my nose.

I love you.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I tell him truthfully and his eyes fill with many emotions. I feel a pang of hurt in my chest. "If you don't that—that's totally okay." I stutter and awkwardly pull myself away from him.

"No no, it isn't that." He pulls me back to his body and holds me softly under my neck, tilting my head to his. "I want to marry you." He smiles.

"You want to marry me?" I breath.

"Marry me." He says.

A huffed laugh escapes from me and I grab onto his face, tears running down my cheeks.

"Yes." I say. "Yes yes yes." I repeat and kiss him with each word. "A thousand yes'."

He smiles so brightly that I wish I could marry him right here.

"You're going to be my wife." His smile widens at his words. "You're going to be my wife!" He says excitedly and hugs me to him, rocking us back in forth.

"And you're going to be my husband." I say brightly and he looks back to me.

"I can't believe this." He says and brushes a strand of hair away from my face. "I can't believe I have found the love of my life. I never thought I would want to spend my entire life with someone else, not until I met you, Aura love."

I pull his face to mine and kiss him deeply. "I will love you to the end of days." I mutter against his lips.

"And I, you." Caspian says before climbing onto my body.

"I love you." He rasps. "So damn much."

"I love you too, Caspian Alaband."

£

YAYYYY!
(not edited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135 16 16
She'd spent many years playing in this forest as a child. While Selene had enjoyed her novels in the warmth of the house, a blanket wrapped around he...
1.4K 3 47
I have always been a hopeless romantic, always daydreaming of my prince charming to come, sweep me off my feet and we would ride off into the sunset...
195K 8.4K 76
❝You are just a WOMAN. You can't fight in this war, you're weak. It will chew you up and spit you out, you can't keep up with us.❞ The commander scof...
1.4K 94 21
All Autumn has ever wanted was to be able to live a peaceful life, but there always seems to be something that gets in her way. Her life has been alw...