Different Worlds

By mpumiphillips

Julia Garner, 17 year old nerd from Wellington High School has trust issues. Aaron Kavinsky, a senior in Well... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 11

307 16 0
By mpumiphillips

Julia's P.O.V

We take a long walk to the bush and on our way there, my foot gets stuck in branches. I bend down to unloosen it and the stuff in my bag fall out. I pack them back in and I hear a growl behind me.

I look behind me to see what it is and my eyes widen at the sight of that...

A bear.

___

"Aaron!" I whisper yelled.

Why call him because he won't even help me?

"Help!" I whisper yelled again.

Everyone is already ahead and Aaron is not that far away, so I guess he's the only one that will be able to help... if he hears me calling him.

"Aaron!" I whisper yelled again, I bit louder this time.

I hope he heard me.

The bear walks closer and closer towards me and I can feel my heart pounding in my chest. I close my eyes, hoping that the bear will be gone by the time I open them, and hoping that the tears won't flow down my cheeks.

I open them and I find Aaron standing close to me. He places his hand on my waist and pulls me closer to his chest.

"Try to be still." he whispered in my ear.

It's not like I can move. I mean, I'm stuck in your grip.

"Stand up slowly." he whispered, looking at the bear.

"I can't, my foot is stuck in these branches." I whispered back.

He lowers his head to unloosen my foot, and he slowly pulls me up.

"Give me your coco pops." he said to me.

"What?!" I whisper yelled, giving him a stern look.

"Do you want me to leave you here so that this bear can eat you, or are you going to give me those coco pops?" he asked, looking at me.

"Fine." I said in surrender, handing him my box of coco pops.

"Good. After I throw this in the bear's face, run as fast as you possibly can." he said.

I can't run! I CAN'T RUN!!

"I can't run." I said, freaking out.

"Well, you're gonna have to run if you don't want to die." he said, getting ready to throw the box.

Lord, please help me.

He throws the box in the bear's face, holds my hand and we both run.

I can't feel my legs.

My legs are trembling, they feel weak.

We stop after running for about 5 minutes. I remove Aaron's hand from my wrist and bend down to catch my breath. Never in my life have I ever ran that fast.

"You're unfit." Aaron said looking at me.

"I, I know. Th- there's no need to, to tell me." I said, out of breath.

"Behind you." he said.

"What?!" I screamed, standing up and running as fast as I can.

He laughs.

I walk back towards him and hit him with my fist. I try to stomp his foot, but I mistakenly stomp his cellphone. He picks it up and shows me the cracks.

"Sorry, I didn't see it." I said truthfully.

"You broke my phone." he said.

"And I said I'm sorry, I'll buy you another one." I said.

"Really?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

No, it's not like I have any money. Yeah, yeah, I know my dad is a multi billionaire and I can just ask him to give me the money, but I don't want his dirty money.

"I'll work hard, okay?" I said.

"You don't have to buy me a phone, but you're still going to pay me. And I don't mean money." he said, walking away.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked, walking behind him.

"I'll let you know, just know that you can't disagree because I own you now."

"You own me?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes, you owe me and you can't pay me. So I own you, and you will do whatever I tell you to do." he explained.

"No, I will not be your puppet." I argued.

"Fine, then give me money to buy a phone. Right now." he said, stretching out his hand.

"Fine, you own me." I said, mumbling the last part to myself.

"Louder."

"You own me." I said louder.

"Nice." he smiled.

I walk off in a huff.

"You sure you don't want to be next to me? I mean, another bear could just show up." he said and I can already see the smile on his face.

I walk slower and roll my eyes at what he said.

"Thought as much." he uttered.

We arrive in the woods and we find the counsellors and campers helping each other to set tents.

I take out my tent and throw it on the floor. I try to set up the tent but it keeps on falling over.

"Seems like you need help." Aaron said.

"Nope." I lied.

"You sure about that? I mean, look at my tent and the campers' tents as well. They're not falling over, and look at yours, it's falling." he said, singing the last word with a smile on his face.

"I'm certain." I said, giving him a reassuring grin.

"Okay, but if you decide to change your mind, I'll be in my tent, sending an email to Chad so that he can buy me a phone, since somebody broke mine because of their stupidity." he said, giving me a stern look whilst saying the word 'somebody'.

His mood changes in a split of a second. One moment he's nice to me, the next moment he calls me names. Dying cat and stupid.

I'm surprised he hasn't called me nerd since we got here.

I shake my thoughts off Aaron and continue struggling with setting up the tent.

"I can't do this." I sighed in defeat.

I guess I should just swallow my pride and ask Aaron to help me.

I decide to walk over to his tent and call out his name.

"What?" he asked.

"May you, may you please help me with my tent?" I asked.

"I can't hear you. Get inside and speak louder." he said, unzipping his tent.

I get inside his tent and sit on my knees. I nervously clear my throat.

"Aaron, you were right. I do need help with my tent, so, if it's not too much to ask, may you please help me with it?" I asked politely.

"You owe me." he said, crawling past me and heading in the direction of my tent.

I follow him and watch him as he sets up my tent. He finishes in less than ten minutes.

"Thank..." I said, but he cut me off.

"Don't." he said, raising his hand in my face. He thereafter walks over to his tent.

I head over to the food stall and make sandwiches for me and my campers. I give them sandwiches but there's still alot left.

I walk over to the other counsellors that are sitting around the fire.

"Sandwich?" I offered them.

"And? Who are you?" one of the female counsellors asked.

"Julia Garner." I smiled, taking a seat next to her.

"No one asked you to sit with us." Kylie said, slightly pushing me. "You called Tamia and I losers, so get lost." she continued.

"The nerve." one voice said.

They all look at me in disgust.

"Look at what she's wearing, and then she thinks that she can chill with us." the other one added.

"Nobody calls Tamia a loser. She's a model, and what are you, a nobody." the male counsellor said.

"Take your butt, and get the hell out of my sight." Tamia said.

"As for sandwich." Kylie added.

I swallow the lump in my throat and walk over to the log by the other side of my tent. I place in my ear pods and press play on the song that was playing.

And I'll rise up
I'll rise like the day
I'll rise up
I'll rise unafraid
I'll rise up
And I'll do it a thousand times again

Will I? Will I really rise up?

All my life, I've been bullied, pushed around and I keep on telling myself that I will stand up. I will speak up, and I do so, but if I'm being pushed over again, I just give in. I don't rise up. I'm a weakling.

I change the song to avoid the message in the previous song.

It's like
How many times do I switch my flow just to let youse know that I'm certi?
Wipe up the scene like it's dirty then wife a queen, buy some land when I'm thirty.

"May I have a sandwich?" Aaron asked, sitting next to me.

"Yeah, you can have as much as you want." I said, not looking at him.

He takes the sandwich with one hand, and takes out one of my ear pods and places it in his ear with his other hand.

Listening to my music? That's quite personal.

"Didn't know you like rap." he said.

"There's alot you don't know about me." I said truthfully.

"You seem like the kind of girls who listen to Shawn, Tatiana, Becky or Ed Sheeran." he said.

"I do listen to them. But I also listen to Dreya, Drake, R Kelly, J Cole and many more artists." I smiled.

"So there's some badass girl in you, right?" he chuckled.

Badass? I don't think so.

"I don't think so." I chuckled back.

"Well, this is nice." he said referring to the song and I smile back in response.

False love, I don't want that
I want the rom-com love with a dash of banter
Don't want no cognac
Prefer a double Wrays with a dash of fanta

We enjoy the nice music as the cold breeze hits our faces.

~~~

Let me take my time on the beat
In life, let me take my time
They don't wanna see my drive (nah)
They don't wanna see me thrive
Said they want come work?
I'm alright
I kindly decline
Make 'em fall in line (×2)

What do you guys think about the ending? Well, I thought it was cute. The fact that they listened to music together, in absolute silence.

Thank you for the support <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 20.5K 152
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Người gõ: Mia của bạn nè Beta: Hoa Hoa của bạn đây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá...
267K 7.8K 133
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
306K 18.4K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
1.8M 62.1K 45
"Will you stop fucking smiling for a moment?!" "That's what I am short of." ~ Rosaline Willow, twenty years, joyous personality, happy aura, a beauti...