Different Worlds

By mpumiphillips

Julia Garner, 17 year old nerd from Wellington High School has trust issues. Aaron Kavinsky, a senior in Well... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 9

355 15 0
By mpumiphillips

Julia's P.O.V

"Where have you been, and what happened to you?!" I asked in anger.

___

"I don't answer to you." he uttered, not looking at me.

"I need an explanation. I had to cover for you today. That's the least you can do." I said, mumbling the last part to myself.

"Thank you for covering for me." he said, walking past me.

"Don't say it when you don't mean it." I said, following him.

"What do you want me to say? Huh?!" he yelled.

"I need an explanation, that's it!" I yelled back.

"It has nothing to do with you, absolutely nothing. So back the hell off!" he yelled again and thereafter went looking for something in the cupboards. He grabs a first aid kit and takes it to his bed. He takes out a bandage and tries to wrap it around his knuckles.

"You have to apply ointment first." I said softly.

"Since when are you a doctor?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm not... I'm just trying to help." I said, making my way to my bed. I grab my book and open it so that I can read, since there's nothing better to do.

I look through the corner of my eye and realise that he's struggling to apply the ointment, since he hurt his right hand.

Should I help him?

I try to ignore him by reading the book, but I can't. He's STILL struggling, and somehow, it's disturbing me. Why? I don't know.

"Let me help you." I said to him, sitting up straight to face him.

"I don't need any help." he uttered.

"Yes, you do. So, allow me to help you." I said, grabbing a stool and putting it between his legs. I grab the ointment from his left hand, take his sore hand and place it on my thigh.

Surprised that he didn't resist.

I apply the ointment and I can see him wincing because of the pain. I blow some air at his hand to ease the pain, and it actually worked because he stopped wincing.

I cover his wound with bandage and remove his hand from my thigh. I take the stool back and go back to reading my book.

"Sorry for leaving you today all by yourself." he uttered.

I look at him for a few seconds and go back to reading my book.

"Thank you for helping me with my wound." he uttered again, raising his bandaged hand.

"It was nothing." I said, this time, not looking at him.

"Listen, uhm." he said, standing up from his bed and sitting at the feet of my bed. "I'm sorry. For the way I spoke to you a moment ago and for not helping you out today." he continued.

I look at him for a few seconds again and continue reading. 

"Well, at least I did something good..." he smiled. "You asked me to get ice-cream, and I got it."

No response once again, and this time, no look.

"Say something." he said.

Same response: No words, no look.

"Chad and I got into a fight with some guys at the beach. That's how I got hurt." he explained.

How do you go to the beach when it's almost winter? And how did he even leave camp because it's not allowed.

"And, sorry I didn't pick up your phone when you called me. It was in Chad's car." he continued.

No response, no look.

"Hey, please say something." he begged.

"I forgive you." I uttered, not looking at him.

"Don't say it when you don't mean it." he reminded me of my words.

"I mean it." I uttered.

"Then show it. Look into my eyes and tell me that you mean it." he said.

I lift my head up and lock my eyes to his.

"I forgive you Aaron, so you can stop apologizing." I said. "And next time, let me know when you leave." I uttered after a few seconds of silence.

"That's what I wanted to hear." he chuckled and I smiled back in return. "Care to fill me in about the campers?"

"We have 10 of them, four girls and six boys. Mika, Charlotte, Chelsea, Tamzin, Christopher, John, Robert, Ruan, Pete and another John. They are really good kids." I smiled.

"I look forward to meeting them." he smiled back.

"How about you go now?" I suggested.

"No, maybe tomorrow. Besides, it's already late." he said, standing up from my bed and heading to the kitchen.

***

The next morning

"I don't mean to be rude, but can you please stop bringing half naked girls into our cabin. Rather go to their room, because they keep on eating my coco pops!" I exclaimed. "I mean, first it was Kylie and now it's Tamia. Disgusting... Worst part they are friends." I said, mumbling the last part to myself but it was loud enough for him to hear.

"I don't care, as long as I'm having fun." he smiled, taking a handful of my coco pops.

You don't even ask. No manners, I see.

"You should stop eating this, it's going to make you fat. Too much sugar." he said, throwing some of my coco pops that were in his hand in the bin.

Wow. I spent alot of money on those.

"I'm already fat, so I don't care." I muttered.

"Still, it's not healthy." he continued.

"Still, it's not healthy." I mimicked him, making facial expressions.

"I don't sound like that." he argued.

"I never said you sound like that." I said, holding back a smile.

"Then why are you mimicking me?" he asked.

"That's because it's funny." I laughed.

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is." I laughed louder.

"Okay, okay." he rolled his eyes.

"We need to get ready for breakfast. And we also need to help the campers get ready." I said, cleaning the kitchen.

"Aren't they old enough to help themselves?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Don't know, but we should just help." I suggested, making my way to the bathroom. "I'm about to take a shower, so you need to leave." I said.

"Keyword."

"Please."

"Fine, 10 minutes." he said.

"15." I argued.

"No, 10. And please don't sing because you do know that you sound like a-" he said, but I cut him off.

"Yeah, yeah. I sound like a dying cat, I get it. No need to rub it in my face." I said, mumbling the last part to myself.

"A piece of advice, if you want to mumble, please mumble softer because I can hear every single thing that you try to mumble." he said, leaving the room in his grey shorts and sweatshirt.

I roll my eyes in response.

I loosen my hair and step into the shower. I start humming to one of Alessia Cara's songs, Out of love, since I'm not allowed to sing because I sound like a dying cat.

The humming turns into a singing. How? I don't know. I guess I just love singing.

Oh, when did you fall out of love?
Out of love, for me?

I step out of the shower and I'm blinded by the steam that surrounds the bathroom. I continue with the singing, whilst getting dressed.

I can't float in an ocean
That's already been drained

I leave the bathroom with my hair hanging in my face and I find Aaron sitting on the bed looking through his luggage.

"I guess you don't listen." he uttered.

"Huh?" I asked in confusion.

"I told you that you shouldn't sing because you sound like a dying cat. But, there's nothing I can do since you love singing." he said, stepping into the bathroom with his clothes and towel in his hands.

He always has something to say, and it is never good.

~~~

Q: Do you listen to the songs that you write about?

A: Yass. This one is one of my favorites!

Thank you for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and for asking questions on Instagram!

Decided to update one final chapter before leaving temporarily.

;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 18.4K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
6.2K 273 10
"š˜„š—µš˜† š—±š—¼š—»'š˜ š˜†š—¼š˜‚ š˜š—²š—¹š—¹ š—ŗš—², š˜„š—µš˜† š˜†š—¼š˜‚ š—µš—®š˜š—² š—ŗš—² š˜€š—¼ š—Æš—®š—±š—¹š˜†?" " 'š—°š—®š˜‚š˜€š—² š˜†š—¼š˜‚'š—暝—² š—°š—¼š—»š—³š˜‚š˜€š—¶š—»š—“ š—ŗš—²" ___________...
267K 7.8K 133
"š‘»š’‰š’†š’“š’†'š’” š’“š’†š’‚š’š’š’š š’š’ š’˜š’‚š’š š’š’‡ š’˜š’Šš’š’š’Šš’š’ˆ š’Šš’‡ š’Šš’ š’•š’‰š’†š’Šš’“ š’†š’šš’†š’” š’šš’š’–'š’š’ š’‚š’š’˜š’‚š’šš’” š’ƒš’† š’‚ š’…š’–š’Žš’ƒ š’ƒš’š’š’š’…š’†."
78.1K 2K 30
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...